Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What traits and aspirations would you like to see added to basegame

I have noticed we do not get many traits and aspirations unless we buy more and more packs but for those without packs or without many packs we are missing out on those traits and aspirations. What if we could get basegame traits and aspirations to make our sims more unique. I have used the same traits and aspirations to many of my sims because there are very little to choose from. Maybe there could be an extra piece that is added to create a sim that could make them more interesting.

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I agree. Specially aspirations. There are so few of them! I end up forgetting about them and only rarelly playing one so that i don't make myself repeat it over and over again.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I agree. Specially aspirations. There are so few of them! I end up forgetting about them and only rarelly playing one so that i don't make myself repeat it over and over again.

Yes and it makes it feel as if they are empty and unfulfilled and there are also not many emotions, they change emotions so easily they have no behavior or habits.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Just traits that influence gameplay is all I want. I don't care how many
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    I would love more traits and aspirations. I miss some of the traits from Sims 3 like proper, handy, disciplined, lucky, unlucky, brooding, and sooo many more. I also wish the creative trait was divided out into artistic, virtuoso, and photography so it would feel more focused from the get-go. I realize you can choose which direction your creative Sim takes but it was nice having those all separated out.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited June 2020
    I would love personalities to be further developed. I want more traits (e.g. neurotic, eccentric, cultured, socially awkward, brave etc.), but I also want the traits we already have to feel more distinct and to have more impact on emotions and behaviour. I would also love a fear emotion and more options to add personality e.g. favourites, phobias, turn ons/offs etc.

I would also like more aspirations related to skills and careers/retail. Some new aspirations for children would be nice too.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I still think it would be nice if they let us pick more than 3 traits.
  • Just_PeachyJust_Peachy Posts: 50 Member
    I would want the Sims 3 trait system back - I liked how you could give 5 traits so some could be actual personality traits, like Clumsy, Childish, Dramatic, etc. and some could also be fun ones just to flesh out your sim's personality a little more - like fears, hates, and things that your sims love.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Aspirations I only use as point farms, so any new ones would be okay.

Traits shouldn't push my sim to do things on their own (looking at you, "Recycle Disciple"). Instead they should unlock things that only sims with the trait can do in addition to giving them the usual moodlets. Maybe only a "Supernatural Fan" is able to open the gate to a new hidden lot. You'd need to have that trait or befriend a sim with it. Or sims with an explorer/scientist/etc. trait could harvest materials from plants that normal sims cannot see. Things like that.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I want noticeable traits where I can see a townie for a while and observe which traits they have. Of course unique interactions and ways of interacting with the game world are a must.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    I would like a coward trait and a scared emotion to go with it
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    Hearbreaker aspiration would be cool to see as it would be more of a negative aspiration depending on how you use it, maybe focus on woohoo and getting fiance but maybe breaking up with them or you could get married but you would divorce them.
  • S3bSterS3bSter Posts: 32 Member
    On the PS4 version, you can actually have 4 traits based on completion of Aspirations.
    I think they are not classed as traits but you can then purchase them using the aspiration / satisfaction points earned.

I think they need to make the Aspiration Challenges more enjoyable and intriguing.
    Rather than get Charisma Skill to Level 3. Then later to Level 5.

Make the aspirations rewards more specific so it helps with the Sims Natural Progression.

E.g Positive Mindset allows Sim to provide happy boost to three other Sims when chatting in person.

Bookworm - Reading Skill Books reduced the time needed to skill up.
    Normal books can provide a moodlet boost.

There are good features already there, just need some tweaks to make them more long term worthwhile. Making the game more successful over the long term.

We have the choice to use a new Sim whenever we want if we wish to restart.

Seb
    [quote="alan650111;c-17544194"]I want noticeable traits where I can see a townie for a while and observe which traits they have. Of course unique interactions and ways of interacting with the game world are a must. [/quote]

In the June PS4 update : EA / Maxis have added a "Get To Know" prompt which helps identify Traits.

"Discuss Interests" was hit and miss especially when trying to find the final trait.

This has helped me find suitable partners /housemates for my Sims.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    @S3bSter I think @alan650111 meant they want the Sims to behave according to their traits so they actually matter and are visible to the outsider. The problem with The Sims 4 is that traits seem to change nothing and the only way to know what traits a sim has is by asking them or checking them in the interface.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Grumpy trait. A variant of Erratic. Basically they have various moodlets that affect directly what they like and don't in a given moment. All these moddlets by themselves and neutral. For example "Feeling like being alone" - a slight boost to skill gain if alone, gets angry if not alone. "Feeling serious" - boost to certain skills, gets angry if hears a joke or gets planked. If the neutral moodlet is broken by a trigger, then they receive a trigger moodlet +3 and it lasts for several hours.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
    @SimmerGeorge

Ah, I understand the point more clearly now.
    It is an good observation, one which I have not paid too much attention too.

I normally chat to the townie based on two things. Then take it from there.

1) Their dress sense - its bad sorry
    2) Their age compared to the Sims I'm playing with. Young Adult (YA) to Young Adult. Or YA to Teen.

😅

The good townies I like - I convert into playable households.
    😉
  • EldraiEldrai Posts: 25 Member
    I don't want new traits, I want the existing traits to have an impact on the gameplay. All they currently do is toss a few buffs at sims every now and then and even that doesn't make sense -- a sim could have seen someone die, but make them drink a good coffee and put them in a nicely decorated room and they're happy. I just want the emotions to work better. The sims don't feel like individual people to me but the same AI, just dressed up differently (and I know that's what they are, technically, but there's no character to any of them). This is all IMO, obviously.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    More traits, aspirations, favorite color, music, bio’s ANYTHING to give our sims more personality, like mixing reward traits with the aspiration you pick like in the sims in Eco Life that alone told me things about those sims I felt like they would be some of my favorites... I’d also like to pick gender and sexuality of our sims.

The gender patch was amazing I don’t even use it that much but once in a while I have a fun day and a fun month with my trans/NB sims but I want ways they can identify as trans and NB without taking a trait slot... Same with sexuality. Like I want to make sure my gay sims only kiss sims of the same gender or have my sims be asexual.