Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what do you think ea should do to get back simmers who will move to the paralive game?

Comments

• Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    go back to basic for the sims5 and make the sims5 a major wow
    Make Sims 5 REALLY good. The base game should contain these things:

General:

Basements

Pets(Cats,dogs,reptiles,fish,rodents and birds)

Seasons

Burglars,Repo Man,an Firefighters

Babies that are not objects

Toddlers

Pools

Ghosts and cemetaries

Ordinary careers(Military,Medical/Dental,Education,etc)

Home schooling for our kids and teens.

Round walls

The ability to make stages and sunken floors

Make teens shor than adults

Appeal to ALL ages,not just young adults

No more bars/libraries/gyms/other base game venues being plunked into every new pack you turn out

A wide variety of venues(Libraries, game arcades,movei theaters,ec)

No more pointless and annoying deco buidins in neighborhoods. Let us decide what we want in our neightborhoods

A wdie variety of neighborhoods(snowy,desert,etc)

More vaiiety of differen worlds in EPs. I want to be able to see African-type worlds,Japanese type worlds,Italian type worlds,etc. Just do 1 or 2 USA type worlds.

No more churning out useless NPCS every 3 seconds. In fact,let us make our own NPCS to fill our neighborhoods. Just have a few NPCS as pre-made households.

Give all age groups equal attention,and dont make elders so weak or ready to drop dea after doing anything.

Have toggles for aging,alien abductions,etc.

Keep the Sims 5 series as a sandbox/simulation game. No more annoying/pointless goal-oriented packs unless they let you choose wheter to do the goals or not.Believe me,I HATED the way Strangerville(th WORST game pack ever IMO) turned out0the story was forced on everyone.

From Sims 1:

Multi purpose community lots. No more pointless and annoying checklists for community lots.

Horoscopes

Kids learning magic

From Sims 2:

Create a World

An "Open for Business" style EP

From Sims 3:

Color Wheel

The CAS screens for people and pets

From Sims 4:

The Basement tool

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    All answers feel free to post as well
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Just to add to my previous comment, about going back to roots...I can tell you guys this. I don't need pretty Sims. I see this so much about TS4, and complaints about TS2 and TS3 Sims. I don't need pretty Sims with no personality to be able to play. That is about half of the problem with TS4 in my opinion. So many squeal over pretty Sims without any personality at all. Any day of the week I will take the fat lipped, big nose, too tan Sim in TS2 or the pancake face of TS3 Sims over the pretty Sims of TS4. I don't play to play avatars but gameplay and personality and consequences. If I want a better looking Sim I know how to tweak them and or use cc for that, I don't need that to be the goal of a game to just build pretty Sims who wind up all looking alike (you know they do) without any personality who repeat the same stuff over and over again like in TS4.

ETA: For those who played TS2 you know what facial features Maxis used over and over on their townies. The default tanned skin, the bigger lips, the buggy eyes and the big hook noses. I would rather play a Sim like that than one without personality.

You can make ugly or characterful faces in Sims 4 but it appears the people on the forum like the pretty ones!
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    If they really want to keep players who are jumping ship to Paralives instead of wanting anything to do with TS5, they'll have to do the following:

1. Stop Pandering to Non-Gamers/Small Children/The Weak-Hearted: Do not be afraid to make the game challenging just because you're afraid to scare off people who've never played anything more intense than Solitaire before or frustrate/traumatize little kids. The game's rate T in the states, 13 and up, if parents let their kid who is under 13 play a game for people 13+, it's on the parents if the kid gets a nightmare from a spoopy ghost or whatever. And, both non-gamers and little kids are smart enough to adapt to a challenging game. There's trial and error, there's save scumming, and when all else fails, there's Google.

Don't shy away from negative emotions, or bad things happening, or lasting consequences, or sims with personalities that actually affect gameplay just because there are a few wimps out there that can't stand for anything negative to happen in their game or for their sim to have some hard luck with love or lose a friend over being a terrible person. Let the wimps leave, or mod the life out of their sims, or pout in the corner because they forgot to save before doing something potentially dangerous. Just don't suck the life out of the game because some people just don't have the stomach for facing adversity in any form.

2. Stop Being So Scared of Parent Groups/Ratings Boards: If the game is T in North America, but gets a 16 in Europe because PEGI is a prude, don't worry about it! Focus on making good content, and let the chips fall where they may. Oh, Christian Moms For The Family or whatever bunch of stuck-up busybodies thinks a man in a speedo/woman in a bikini popping out of a cake is scandalous and indecent or slapping someone in an arguement is too violent? Let 'em whine. There's a ratings system for a reason, folks. If those pains in the butt had their way, every game character would look like Raggedy Ann and Andy, and all games would be edutainment titles made for toddlers. Don't suffer their nonsense. If they want a "cleaner," more "child safe" version of The Sims, they should take their butts to Kickstarter and finance it themselves.

3. Make Seasons, Pets, and University All Base Game Content: You know what the three main expansion themes people always wait around for are? Seasons, Pets, and University. People want the Pets theme because most people have or have had at least one pet in their lives, and it's such a normal part of how humans live that the game feels weird without them. People want the Seasons theme because mot only does the world feel off without any seasonal changes, but the distinct lack of weather just gets tiresome after a while. People want University because for most people in the developed world, going to college is a major milestone on the path to adulthood, especially in places where decently-paid jobs for people with no higher education or specialized training are drying up like a shallow puddle in the Sahara and most of the decently paid jobs available now require something past a high school education. Put those things in the base game and, guess what? You free up three Expansion Pack slots for new themes without having to drag the game out longer or suffer the slings and arrows of fans who don't want to wait through your new ideas to just get their old standbys back!

4. Make Aliens, Vampires, Plantsims, Werewolves, Ghosts, and Magic all Base Game Content...and All Fully Fleshed Out: These are the basic six occult elements people always want back when a new game comes around...so just bring them into the base game. Make magic a skill that can be learned with CAS traits that help or hinder a sim's ability to learn it instead of having to have a sim be a certain specific lifestate to use it, make the other five occults all create-able from CAS, put options in the game menu to keep the game from auto-activating whatever elements the player doesn't want, have specific things in-game that allow the player to unlock alien abductions or becoming one of the other occults, and there we go.

And don't forget to actually flesh things out with skill trees and strong customization options in CAS so we can make our occult sims look cool. In fact, have an option where the player can create a default template that the game draws on for certain occults when randomizing appearances/alternate forms. That way, we can be confident that whenever a normal sim becomes a vampire or a werewolf or a plantsim, or the game generates an NPC occult, our basic preferences will be automatically applied and we will only have to do some minor revising in CAS to make each sim perfect instead of having to go and do a full overhaul every time to keep up immersion.

Others can be added later, but just...just get these in in the base game so you don't have to hear our mouths about them for years on end until we get 'em all.

5. Include a Custom Content Editor or Sell One As a Bonus Feature If You're Cheap: Do you know what one of my favorite features of TS2 is, to this day? BodyShop. For the uninitiated, BodyShop was a utility add-on for TS2 that allowed you to recolor clothing, hair, skintones, and eye colors to create custom ones for your game and let you create sim archetypes to work from in-game. It allowed for a high level of personalization for players, with the only additional thing required being access to a program like GIMP or Photoshop to edit the textures. To do the same with TS4, you need the graphics software, then you need to go sign up at the Sims 4 Studio forums, then you have to download the latest version of the software and install it. Also, you have to manually update it to keep it compatible with TS4. It's a pain.

So, TS5 should have its own Custom Content Editor. Let us create new swatches for CAS and Built/Buy items, add our own custom artwork (or, pictures of our favorite characters from Google searches...), maybe even add an in-app mesh sculpting mode that lets us edit object meshes or create new ones as easily as sculpting clay (no understanding of Maya or Blender required) and/or put new meshes together from pre-made parts, then live-paint the textures on them right there so we can create our own custom furniture, clothes, and hair styles. Admit it, that would beat the color wheel out by a country mile.

Ideally, this should come free with the game. However, I'd also be cool with it being a $10-$20 bonus add-on if giving such a powerful tool away for free seems like money flying out of your hands. I mean, it would certainly cut down on having to figure out how to squeeze more niche clothing and hair styles into the content roll-out...

6. Create-A-World, Create-A-World, Create-A-World!: In TS2, I never, ever played the pre-made worlds. Shocker, I know. I always picked a blank template to work from and built it up bit by bit as needed as I played. It was like the world was unfolding before me as my story progresses...and I loved it. TS3 had CAW as an exterior utility, but because they decided to use grayscale texture maps for the template previews and failed to do anything in the editor to show the actual scale of the terrain, I found it clunky and difficult to use. Then, in TS4...no world customization. I'm stuck with pre-made stuff with no way to edit the world in any way besides building houses and community lots. I hate it, especially because the devs just love taking up all the nice, big lots in the worlds with their pre-made builds and pre-made households (Quit hogging all the prime realestate, devs!!!). TS5 cannot have this.

So, yeah, Create-A-World is a must. I say it should be a mix if TS2's and TS3's systems, where it's in-game with actual visual previews that show you what the terrain actually looks like, like TS2, but it has the more powerful terrain tools and road placement tools that TS3's version gave us. Also, let us customize the skybox too--daytime sky, sunset, sunrise, nighttime, moons and suns...let us make our skies look as normal or alien as we want. Now THAT would be awesome. (I can already hear the Dark Crystal references...)

7. Make Babies a Real Life Stage: Let us make Babies in CAS. Let us give them a base personality type. Let them learn to sit up and crawl and babble and all about object permanence. Let us play them and see anything outside of their sphere of vision as a black void if they don't have a grasp on object permanence yet. Give them baby toys and playmats and walkers and playpens. Make them feel less like objects that are just there for older sims to react to and interact with, and more like real sims in their own right. Some people say it's only TS1 Babies and TS4 Babies that are objects...but the horrifying truth is that they're object in every game they've been in. They're just more portable in some games than others.

8. Make Paintable Ceilings Base Game: Because we shouldn't have to wait for an EP to make the ceiling look like something other than a blank expanse of white nothingness.

9. Let us view the upper floors through holes in the ceiling of lower floors when we're down there: Because only being able to see sky through a space where you should be able to see the room above is just...no. We're not in the 32/64 bit days anymore, people.

10. More Mobile Default Camera: I love the mobility of the Tab camera, and I wish that we could get something that mobile in normal Live and Build/Buy mode. It would not only make placing stuff like toilet paper rolls less of a chore in smaller spaces, but it would also allow us to get a better view of our sims up-close when we're playing the game without having to sacrifice access to the control panel. The stiffer cameras can still be an option for those who prefer them, but TS5 will be coming out in the 2020's, the camera controls need to be modernized.

11. Round Walls: Paralives will have these. No more excuses. Round walls need to be a thing.

12. Spiral Staircases, Elevators, and Ladders Need To Be Base Game: No more excuses, just do it.

13. Stages/Platforms Need To Be Base Game: Again, Paralives is doing it. Let us make stages, platforms, sunken living rooms, and all that craziness with some simple building options. It'll really enhance the building experience.

14. Let us Place Floors Tile by Tile Again: You know what gets on my nerves in TS4? That floors in rooms are all-or-nothing. You can't have a room where there are holes in the floor, you can't expand the awkwardly-shaped stair holes to be something more aesthetically pleasing, every room has to be all floor or no floor. I miss the versatility of the previous games when it came to flooring. You could create lofts and those entry halls with the openings that show the upper floors without having to make rooms and bust out floors to do the effect. Bring that versatility back.

15. Max Above Ground Floors--7, Max Below Ground Floors--5: You know we want more floors. Give us more floors. We have too few floors.

16. Slanted Walls/ Slanted Windows/Slanted and Irregular Doors/Attic Tool: Our builds could be so much more realistic if we had access to those sorts of assets. Attics may have fallen out of fashion for newer houses in favor of crawl spaces, but attics are so cool! They make a great bedroom or studio space or haunted spot full of creepy old dolls and spooky mannequins!! Attics in TS5 will totally entice builders.

17. Very First Expansion--Buildable Apartments: You know we're not satisfied with this not being able to build our own apartment buildings mess. Get back in our good graces with buildable apartments in the very first EP.

18. No More Hyper-Specific Lot Types: I can't make a community lot without a stupid checklist of requirements that actually attracts NPC sims. I have to follow the checklist. If a checklist-necessary item is stolen from a venue and leaves it one item short of being "functional," the freaking lot breaks and causes problems with the game itself. Don't do that in TS5. No more hyper-specific lot types. Let us make our community lots our way, no checklists allowed unless they're in the form of a list of suggested items, not required ones.

19. Do Not Make It An Online Multiplayer Game: Just, no. Not every gaming experience needs to be heavily social. Some should just be solitary and peaceful.

20. Makeup That Actually Looks Good On Dark Skin: You know those new M.A.C. Blushes? They barely even show up on skintones darker than olive. We've been over and over this. Most of the makeup doesn't come in colors that compliment darker skintones. Some are too bright, some are too warm, some barely show up at all. Test your makeup on darker skintones and make swatches to work with them accordingly. Get some Black women on the line to do it if you don't know how. Just...TS5, don't keep underserving Black sims and black simmers with your makeup selection. You've gotten better with the hair, but the makeup is still a problem.

21. Make Story Progression Options Robust, Not Just On or Off: Some people want the game to full-on play their all of their inactive households, some people don't want the game to touch any of them. Some people don't mind if the game plays unplayed NPC households, but don't want their played households touched. Some people want NPC's getting hitched and having kids and changing jobs and moving away, some don't. Give players the power to decide how much or how little story progression is in their game, then everyone can be happy.

Those fixes would definitely help TS5 compete with Paralives. Not like they'll listen, but this is what they need to do...
    I agree with everything you said but I have to correct you on one thing. North America is way more prude than Europe. The Sims 4 is 13+ in the USA but 6+ in Germany.

81ZMnhbZTJL._SL1500_.jpg

Good point. I really just mentioned PEGI as an example of an overseas ratings board which may have different standards for certain things. PEGI is harder on gambling than the ESRB and uses fewer, much broader content descriptors. So, even though TS4 may be a PEGI 6, if it added a gambling mini-game, the rating would probably go up to a 14. The ESRB is tougher on sex, so it's probably woohoo alone that's pushing TS4 up to a T rating this time around, considering how tame it is compared to previous games in the series...

But, I've gone on enough about that. My point was that quality content needs to come before trying to guarantee a certain rating. That goes for mature content too, since putting trying to make a game as saucy as possible to get a harsher rating can be just as disastrous as toning a game down to keep the rating low and child-safe. The game BMX XXX is the poster child for that sort of train wreck. Make a good game, and let the boards rate it as they may.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Just_PeachyJust_Peachy Posts: 50 Member
    add requested content to the sims4 by players
    > @Lady_Ballora said:
    > Make Sims 5 REALLY good. The base game should contain these things:
    >
    > General:
    >
    > Basements
    >
    > Pets(Cats,dogs,reptiles,fish,rodents and birds)
    >
    > Seasons
    >
    > Burglars,Repo Man,an Firefighters
    >
    > Babies that are not objects
    >
    > Toddlers
    >
    > Pools
    >
    > Ghosts and cemetaries
    >
    > Ordinary careers(Military,Medical/Dental,Education,etc)
    >
    > Home schooling for our kids and teens.
    >
    > Round walls
    >
    > The ability to make stages and sunken floors
    >
    > Make teens shor than adults
    >
    > Appeal to ALL ages,not just young adults
    >
    > No more bars/libraries/gyms/other base game venues being plunked into every new pack you turn out
    >
    > A wide variety of venues(Libraries, game arcades,movei theaters,ec)
    >
    > No more pointless and annoying deco buidins in neighborhoods. Let us decide what we want in our neightborhoods
    >
    > A wdie variety of neighborhoods(snowy,desert,etc)
    >
    > More vaiiety of differen worlds in EPs. I want to be able to see African-type worlds,Japanese type worlds,Italian type worlds,etc. Just do 1 or 2 USA type worlds.
    >
    > No more churning out useless NPCS every 3 seconds. In fact,let us make our own NPCS to fill our neighborhoods. Just have a few NPCS as pre-made households.
    >
    > Give all age groups equal attention,and dont make elders so weak or ready to drop dea after doing anything.
    >
    > Have toggles for aging,alien abductions,etc.
    >
    > Keep the Sims 5 series as a sandbox/simulation game. No more annoying/pointless goal-oriented packs unless they let you choose wheter to do the goals or not.Believe me,I HATED the way Strangerville(th WORST game pack ever IMO) turned out0the story was forced on everyone.
    >
    >
    >
    > From Sims 1:
    >
    > Multi purpose community lots. No more pointless and annoying checklists for community lots.
    >
    > Horoscopes
    >
    > Kids learning magic
    >
    >
    > From Sims 2:
    >
    > Create a World
    >
    > An "Open for Business" style EP
    >
    >
    > From Sims 3:
    >
    > Color Wheel
    >
    > The CAS screens for people and pets
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > From Sims 4:
    >
    > The Basement tool

I think the main thing is that we most likely won't be getting this from EA in TS5 (I could be wrong, but tbh I don't personally think so), but the Paralives team is listening to the people who care about their game and you can tell they really care as well :\
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    > @Lady_Ballora said:
    > Make Sims 5 REALLY good. The base game should contain these things:
    >
    > General:
    >
    > Basements
    >
    > Pets(Cats,dogs,reptiles,fish,rodents and birds)
    >
    > Seasons
    >
    > Burglars,Repo Man,an Firefighters
    >
    > Babies that are not objects
    >
    > Toddlers
    >
    > Pools
    >
    > Ghosts and cemetaries
    >
    > Ordinary careers(Military,Medical/Dental,Education,etc)
    >
    > Home schooling for our kids and teens.
    >
    > Round walls
    >
    > The ability to make stages and sunken floors
    >
    > Make teens shor than adults
    >
    > Appeal to ALL ages,not just young adults
    >
    > No more bars/libraries/gyms/other base game venues being plunked into every new pack you turn out
    >
    > A wide variety of venues(Libraries, game arcades,movei theaters,ec)
    >
    > No more pointless and annoying deco buidins in neighborhoods. Let us decide what we want in our neightborhoods
    >
    > A wdie variety of neighborhoods(snowy,desert,etc)
    >
    > More vaiiety of differen worlds in EPs. I want to be able to see African-type worlds,Japanese type worlds,Italian type worlds,etc. Just do 1 or 2 USA type worlds.
    >
    > No more churning out useless NPCS every 3 seconds. In fact,let us make our own NPCS to fill our neighborhoods. Just have a few NPCS as pre-made households.
    >
    > Give all age groups equal attention,and dont make elders so weak or ready to drop dea after doing anything.
    >
    > Have toggles for aging,alien abductions,etc.
    >
    > Keep the Sims 5 series as a sandbox/simulation game. No more annoying/pointless goal-oriented packs unless they let you choose wheter to do the goals or not.Believe me,I HATED the way Strangerville(th WORST game pack ever IMO) turned out0the story was forced on everyone.
    >
    >
    >
    > From Sims 1:
    >
    > Multi purpose community lots. No more pointless and annoying checklists for community lots.
    >
    > Horoscopes
    >
    > Kids learning magic
    >
    >
    > From Sims 2:
    >
    > Create a World
    >
    > An "Open for Business" style EP
    >
    >
    > From Sims 3:
    >
    > Color Wheel
    >
    > The CAS screens for people and pets
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > From Sims 4:
    >
    > The Basement tool

I think the main thing is that we most likely won't be getting this from EA in TS5 (I could be wrong, but tbh I don't personally think so), but the Paralives team is listening to the people who care about their game and you can tell they really care as well :\

Are they though? I haven't heard anything about my play style (occults) in Paralives. It doesn't seem like they care about me. 🤷
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Are they though? I haven't heard anything about my play style (occults) in Paralives. It doesn't seem like they care about me. 🤷

THey have mentioned occults. They said no occults in basegame but maybe as DLC later.

• Options
    bryanovensbryanovens Posts: 41 Member
    I'm backing Paralives but I still plan to continue with the Sims franchise no matter what direction they choose. I'm fairly confident they will be incorporating online features in the Sims 5, but after SimCity 2013 and Project Olympus I believe they'll go in a direction that's similar to the online features in Animal Crossing.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2020
    We've got to wait until 18th June for EA Play to show us what they have in store for the future as they delayed it due to BLM furor. They are probably awaiting the PS5 reveal which is coming today sometime as EA games might have games getting ready for it.

PS5 reveal will begin 11th June at 4pm New York time / 9pm London time, and will be live-streamed. I've seen a advert slot for it on Twitter. It doesn't work but probably will when the time comes. :)

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    its also on youtube here the youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn7ET2JkSfM
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    People will realise that the game is just a cheap knockoff and come running back, the gameplay feels shallow in TS4 and that's from a mass development company so I really doubt a small indie game will feel alive and exciting to play.

Sometimes TS4 feels like a cheap knockoff of its OWN franchise :D
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Honestly im surprised they have 6+ for TS4 in some countries, your teens can even have sex. Thats a teen rating for me for sure.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    People will realise that the game is just a cheap knockoff and come running back, the gameplay feels shallow in TS4 and that's from a mass development company so I really doubt a small indie game will feel alive and exciting to play.

Sometimes TS4 feels like a cheap knockoff of its OWN franchise :D

Sometimes? More like ALL the time, lol! :D

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Honestly im surprised they have 6+ for TS4 in some countries, your teens can even have sex. Thats a teen rating for me for sure.

Ditto, I have an almost 6 year old, and wouldn't let her play yet, she can watch me play as I don't have my Sims woohoo etc while she's watching lol

It's not just the woohoo stuff though, I know that dying sims would REALLY upset her right now, upset and terrify.

Not all kids are the same, but 6 seems young to me
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Nothing.
  • Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I am gonna say "nothing" too! I dont see people ditching the sims in favor of the new games. I think most are going to play both, at the beginning at least. Maybe after the new ones get more content released, or have a really strong base game then ea can start worrying about losing some of the fanbase.
  • Options
    fmil wrote: »
    I am gonna say "nothing" too! I dont see people ditching the sims in favor of the new games. I think most are going to play both, at the beginning at least. Maybe after the new ones get more content released, or have a really strong base game then ea can start worrying about losing some of the fanbase.

For me, I'm not going to pre-order TS5 because of what happened with TS4. I'm going to wait until the people I trust, mainly LGR (NOT the game changers and not anyone on this forum), say that TS5 is great. And then I'll probably wait for the first two packs to release and gauge reaction from those too. That's how much EA has hurt my trust in them.

With the competition though, I'm very eager to try out their games so I know for a fact that I'm going to buy them pretty much as soon as they're officially released, no matter what! The Sims franchise got really stale with TS4 and TS5 will probably have quite a good number of those same concepts, so I want to see the competitions' own new and fresh ideas for the life simulation genre. For example, I'm really excited about Paralives' gridless building features - this means curved walls, platforms of any height or depth, skewed walls, different lots right up against each other (for those who love building townhouses, that means lots can be right next to each other, sharing a wall!), curves stairs that can also be used in swimming pools (I've been waiting forever for that in The Sims franchise!). It just looks a whole lot more flexible than anything The Sims had before. I'm also looking forward to Paradox Tectonic's own game simply because Rod Humble is all about gameplay and I loved what he brought to TS2 and TS3. So really, I can't wait to see what gameplay he has in mind for that game!

For TS5, EAxis needs to stop taking the loyal fan base for granted as if we'll just buy any and all poorly made junk they throw at us. I will buy TS5, ONLY IF it's actually quality work and that each pack is rich in working content. So out of the three, I can already say that it will be the last one I buy out of the three - and again that's ONLY IF my high expectations for it are met.

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    If Paralives comes out as great as they promise and as great as people think, i can play both. I don't need it to destroy the sims franchise. I find that kind of thought imature.

I trully believe that the question to ask at this point should be what Paralives needs to do so that people would leave the sims franchise.

People may like or hate sims 4 but it's absolutelly ridiculous to say that Paralives, with what they've show this far, are offering more than sims 4.

That being said, i hope it becomes the most enjoyable life simulation ever. I would buy it for sure. I have no problem to leave everything and play it exclusivelly if it ends satisfying me. But please do first brag later.
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »
    If Paralives comes out as great as they promise and as great as people think, i can play both. I don't need it to destroy the sims franchise. I find that kind of thought imature.

I trully believe that the question to ask at this point should be what Paralives needs to do so that people would leave the sims franchise.

People may like or hate sims 4 but it's absolutelly ridiculous to say that Paralives, with what they've show this far, are offering more than sims 4.

That being said, i hope it becomes the most enjoyable life simulation ever. I would buy it for sure. I have no problem to leave everything and play it exclusivelly if it ends satisfying me. But please do first brag later.

Who said anything about destroying The Sims franchise? Your assumption is immature. EAxis just needs to step it up with TS5 like they did with TS2 and TS3 which were both ground-breaking in their day. Because in comparison, TS4 just did an extremely poor job and was not worth the money they priced the basegame and their packs. I'm also really sick of the low expectations for TS4. I DON'T want to see that again for TS5.

I've already wrote about some of the things Paralives has been able to do so far - the gridless build - which The Sims franchise had never been able to do. It is on EAxis to out-do that and bring something fresh and new to The Sims. Not idiotic angry poops and the name Plopsy. I'm really tired too of its sycophants telling the EAxis devs that the junk they're spewing forth is just fine with them. This is one of the reasons why TS4 isn't doing so well because they're encouraged to just do the minimum. I want the fire held under the EAxis devs' feet like the old leadership used to do at EA. The result of that was the greatest collection of games EA ever had: Dead Space, Dragon Age: Origins, The Saboteur, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and Mass Effect Trilogy.

And why shouldn't I brag about something Paralives is already doing better than The Sims franchise? Gridless building is what should have been implemented in TS4 since that is the next step in the evolution of a life simulation game. I'd rather brag about it if makes the other two competitors try to come up with their own innovations. To just keep quiet about these things is just going to make EAxis stay with the same old boring status quo features.

• Options
    edited June 2020

Who said anything about destroying The Sims franchise? Your assumption is immature. EAxis just needs to step it up with TS5 like they did with TS2 and TS3 which were both ground-breaking in their day. Because in comparison, TS4 just did an extremely poor job and was not worth the money they priced the basegame and their packs. I'm also really sick of the low expectations for TS4. I DON'T want to see that again for TS5.

I've already wrote about some of the things Paralives has been able to do so far - the gridless build - which The Sims franchise had never been able to do. It is on EAxis to out-do that and bring something fresh and new to The Sims. Not 🌺🌺🌺🌺 angry poops and the name Plopsy. I'm really tired too of its sycophants telling the EAxis devs that the junk they're spewing forth is just fine with them. This is one of the reasons why TS4 isn't doing so well because they're encouraged to just do the minimum. I want the fire held under the EAxis devs' feet like the old leadership used to do at EA. The result of that was the greatest collection of games EA ever had: Dead Space, Dragon Age: Origins, The Saboteur, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and Mass Effect Trilogy.

And why shouldn't I brag about something Paralives is already doing better than The Sims franchise? Gridless building is what should have been implemented in TS4 since that is the next step in the evolution of a life simulation game. I'd rather brag about it if makes the other two competitors try to come up with their own innovations. To just keep quiet about these things is just going to make EAxis stay with the same old boring status quo features.

Sorry if you took my comment personally. It wasn't my intention.

As for where did i heard people talking about Paralives destroying the sims (or knocking out or any other expression meaning the same) it is all over the forum.

I would never buy a life simulator because only of gridless building. There is actually more than that already in paralives, but nothing yet compared to what is in any sims game, including 4.

Taking the method of someone above, take a piece of paper. In one side write what paralives has already and in the other what sims 4 offers. We can like it or not, but it just needs a long way to get somewhere at least similar.

Again, i wish the best to paralives team and ill be a costumer if it delivers, but it really puts me off when people say it is already better than any sim game.
    Post edited by texxx78 on
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I've already wrote about some of the things Paralives has been able to do so far - the gridless build - which The Sims franchise had never been able to do. It is on EAxis to out-do that and bring something fresh and new to The Sims. Not 🌺🌺🌺🌺 angry poops and the name Plopsy. I'm really tired too of its sycophants telling the EAxis devs that the junk they're spewing forth is just fine with them. This is one of the reasons why TS4 isn't doing so well because they're encouraged to just do the minimum. I want the fire held under the EAxis devs' feet like the old leadership used to do at EA. The result of that was the greatest collection of games EA ever had: Dead Space, Dragon Age: Origins, The Saboteur, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, and Mass Effect Trilogy.

As for where did i heard people talking about Paralives destroying the sims (or knocking out or any other expression meaning the same) it is all over the forum.

I would never buy a life simulator because only of gridless building. There is actually more than that already in paralives, but nothing yet compared to what is in any sims game, including 4.

Taking the method of someone above, take a piece of paper. In one side write what paralives has already and in the other what sims 4 offers. We can like it or not, but it just needs a long way to get somewhere at least similar.

Again, i wish the best to paralives team and ill be a costumer if it delivers, but it really puts me off when people say it is already better than any sim game.

One thing I think it will do better than TS4 is how it will load a menu to change the Sim. This seems to be able to do in live mode. And no edit cheat needed. No CAS load, of course that was an early video of how their create a parafolk would work. But I was impressed by just clicking and being able to change hair and outfit without a long drawn out animation or load screen. That is an improvement so in that one thing so far they may do it better than TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

One thing I think it will do better than TS4 is how it will load a menu to change the Sim. This seems to be able to do in live mode. And no edit cheat needed. No CAS load, of course that was an early video of how their create a parafolk would work. But I was impressed by just clicking and being able to change hair and outfit without a long drawn out animation or load screen. That is an improvement so in that one thing so far they may do it better than TS4.

Not just that actually. There are a few features that look very good. I like how it will be possible to change the size of beds and other furniture by just dragging them.

I like what they have done already. But there's still a lot to be done to get to any sims game level.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The sims 4 is unfixable. Too many lacks in every aspects/SP/GP/EP of it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited June 2020
    Scrap ts4, re access what makes a sims base game fun, and start over with ts5.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I feel that if there is ever a Sims 5 game it should give you the ability to transfer all of the packs that you bought from before into that game and it should build on top of the Sims 4 if not we go back to zero again. Having to buy all of those packs again is not something that I'm excited about at all there definitely needs to be a different approach towards the game and approach were there are not so many patches due to the glitchy additions of different packs and a game that already has a weather cycle included in it. These issue can be fixed simply by transferring all of your bought packs into that game free of charge and any extra pack that comes along the way you can buy it but buy all of them over again makes no sense and it has happened now to the Sims 4 where people like the island paradise expansion or world adventures from the Sims 3 instead of the jungle adventure and island living from the Sims 4. Making those packs seem empty, this of course can only work it they stick to the same style but there has to be a way to avoid having to redo these packs again over and over.
  • Options
    _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I think that is the only way to avoid players to leave to the paralive game which probably has new and fresh content and not an expansion pack cycle approach towards gamers.