Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disable eco footprint doesn’t work

So I disable eco footprint and surprise surprise I got a notification saying my region is now green. Turns out disabling it just hide the UI. The gameplay is still going on in the background. Pretty much like whim which is still giving you satisfaction point even if disabled if you ac didn’t ally fill some of the invisible whims.

I am starting to get frustrated by this game again ....

Comments

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I think that’s due to items in build and buy having an impact on going green or industrial. The outdoor plants increase green footprint. There’s wallpaper and flooring that enhance or reduce green. So I was wondering if those effects would stop if you disabled eco footprint.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I disabled also build item gameplay effect.... now I am getting a fresh air moodlet :)
    That’s the annoying thing, sometimes the disable button doesn’t stop. 😫

Hopefully in the next patch we’ll get new buttons:
    REALLY disable eco footprint.
    ABSOLUTELY no NAP spamming.
    🤞
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    edited June 2020
    You also have to repeal the ones that are already in place. I used the right click on the mail box ( with testing cheats on ) and selected the "instantly repeal" option.
    You also might have to exit game and reenter for it to take effect.
    oh, and you have to do this for every section of every town.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    The whole eco footprint is super wonky to begin with. I honestly have no idea how it's calculated because it doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not really surprised turning it off doesn't work that well.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Oops, I saw that it just said footprint and I was thinking "NAPS".
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    You also have to repeal the ones that are already in place. I used the right click on the mail box ( with testing cheats on ) and selected the "instantly repeal" option.

Sorry for the dumb question, but where can I see what NAPs are currently running?
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Busufu wrote: »

Sorry for the dumb question, but where can I see what NAPs are currently running?

Click on the mail box and if voting is on then the active ones are at the top of the voting screen, if voting is over you click Check Neighbourhood Plans.

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Busufu wrote: »

Click on the mail box and if voting is on then the active ones are at the top of the voting screen, if voting is over you click Check Neighbourhood Plans.

Thank you very much!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋