Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    No it wasn't rude. There were plenty of previous comments indicating what they didn't like about YouTubers/Streamers but to say you don't like someone just because was totally rude, insensitive, and uncalled for.
  • GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2020
    No it wasn't rude. There were plenty of previous comments indicating what they didn't like about YouTubers/Streamers but to say you don't like someone just because was totally rude, insensitive, and uncalled for.

Then you should tell the previous poster that because they don't like LGR.
    I'm sorry not trying to start something. I just wondered why you jumped all over her. I see she said she tried to like her and didn't. I believe if you asked politely why they would have told you.

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I loved The Sims.
    Love the Sims 2
    Love the Sims 3
    Love the Sims 4
    Looking forward to Sims 5

THE most unpopular opinion of them all! haha.
  • GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    My "unpopular" opinions are:

1) I DO NOT want disabilities in the game. I grew up in an abusive household, and dealt with mental health problems more of my life than not. I am thankful to be passed it, but do not want reminders. I would like more "negative" traits so people could create that story if they like.
    Also, my 4 year old son was in an accident, and had to have some amputation. I do not want that to be a reminder. I just don't.

2) I refuse to pick between Sims 3 and 4. They offer different things to me. I like how they both look. I like open world AND closed world. I like them both for different reasons, and if there is something I don't like...I mod it. They both run great for me.

3) That being said...I refuse to pick between family and supernatural gameplay. I have different saves for different moods. I like realism AND wacky. Both family players and supernatural players pick at eachother and claim the other is too entitled. The game could use more supernatural AND more family gameplay. I think this iteration is most catered to young adults than anything else. 😬

I am so very sorry you went through that. *hugs*
    Also the reason I quoted, I agree, I am not eager for disabilities.
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    I don’t get the island living hype, it’s boring. Once my sim gets a tan, bbq’s and wades in the water, it’s time to go, until next summer....what’s so fun about island living??
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Tony89 wrote: »
    I don’t get the island living hype, it’s boring. Once my sim gets a tan, bbq’s and wades in the water, it’s time to go, until next summer....what’s so fun about island living??

Location, location, location, baby. ;) It's a very pretty world and it's like your sims get to live in vacation world full time.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

My sims live there full time and work as conservationists. They don't just vacation and leave. They swim and build sandcastle as part of their daily outdoor play (I play mostly tots and kids) there's lots for them to do. They go to festivals! Climb the volcano.. Relaxing on the beach is the daily fun.. No tv's and only a couple of the adults have laptops or computers etc
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Same. I only use it for tanning. The gameplay is nonexistent or not interesting to me.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    My "unpopular" opinions are:

1) I DO NOT want disabilities in the game. I grew up in an abusive household, and dealt with mental health problems more of my life than not. I am thankful to be passed it, but do not want reminders. I would like more "negative" traits so people could create that story if they like.
    Also, my 4 year old son was in an accident, and had to have some amputation. I do not want that to be a reminder. I just don't.

2) I refuse to pick between Sims 3 and 4. They offer different things to me. I like how they both look. I like open world AND closed world. I like them both for different reasons, and if there is something I don't like...I mod it. They both run great for me.

3) That being said...I refuse to pick between family and supernatural gameplay. I have different saves for different moods. I like realism AND wacky. Both family players and supernatural players pick at eachother and claim the other is too entitled. The game could use more supernatural AND more family gameplay. I think this iteration is most catered to young adults than anything else. 😬

That is awful what you have gone through. *hugs*

And one of the most unpopular opinions of all.

*whispers* I like Eco Living *runs behind a wall* I find it a hoot when sims like Nancy Landgraab go dumpster diving. I find it amusing when Victor Feng Dumpster woohoos someone who isn't Lily Feng. Even though eco speak from anyone other than Knox is completely annoying and there needs to be things fixed in the game I still like this pack. Maybe its just new Expansion Pack fever and it will pass.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member

I almost wish Sulani was a vacation world like Selvadorada. I guess that would be an unpopular opinion on it's own. The reason I enjoy Jungle Adventure so much is because my sims don't actually live there. So when I visit Selvadorada I never get bored of it because I don't have the option to live there 24/7. That's just my play-style though because I know a lot of people love the ability to live in Sulani permanently.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

I almost wish Sulani was a vacation world like Selvadorada. I guess that would be an unpopular opinion on it's own. The reason I enjoy Jungle Adventure so much is because my sims don't actually live there. So when I visit Selvadorada I never get bored of it because I don't have the option to live there 24/7. That's just my play-style though because I know a lot of people love the ability to live in Sulani permanently.

I cheat money so my sims CAN live in Selvadorada too sometimes haha.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    As I predicted, I am back with some more unpopular opinions.

- I don't understand why so many people think Sims 4 seems to be aimed at children? It could be the fact that this is the first version of Sims I've ever experienced, (unless you count the crappy freeplay app, and Sims Social from FB.) Like to me, it really is PG 13 at the youngest. I mean considering you can literally kill sims in a variety of different ways, sims can indeed cheat on their spouse (and in my case, there is always a decrease in relationship, and have to deal with consequences. And even though it's called woohoo, the fact that it exists in the game and we know what's happening all makes it inappropriate for kids if you ask me. In theory, if I were a parent and my 8-11 year old wanted to play Sims, I would not let them... I think it's inappropriate for anyone under 13, bottom line.

- I actually quite like Island Living, especially the world of Sulani. I'm not a beach goer at all in real life, but it's honestly one of my favorite worlds. I'm still trying to find the cave, but I love all the "small things" that are added, such as meeting dolphins, sea turtles, doing the conservation activities and beachcombing, building sandcastles, the kava parties and BBQs... it adds a lot of game play to me, wayyyyy more than Dine Out for instance.

- Backpacking off of that, I prefer smaller aspects of gameplay over huge, groundbreaking ones. Like Dine Out seems to be popular because of the fact that it adds the "big" gameplay features of owning or visiting a restaurant. And that got boring very quickly to me, I much prefer having smaller things like what Island Living brings to the table, because I am constantly discovering new things, or Easter Eggs and references and that's the kind of stuff that keeps me interested.

- As others have mentioned, I don't think I would like disabilities added to the game either. I mean I'm all for equal representation but if the team just gets one small detail wrong, the community is going to jump all over them, and whine about the fact that Sims hates people with disabilities, that they're insensitive, etc. It feels like unless Sims can make the portrayal of them 100% perfect and entirely accurate (which is impossible by the way, since everybody's experiences are different) someone is going to go off on the team. I struggle with super extreme anxiety and also depression and have a neurological condition IRL, but I think anything like that being added to the game, would not improve things. My experiences with my illnesses are different than the next person's so while the team may get my experience accurate (ie an anxious sim having anxiety over literally everything would not be a stretch at all for me) but someone else's experience it might be too extreme. There is no way to make everyone happy with something like this, there just isn't.

Since these opinions are long and more detailed, I'll leave it at that for now. But likely will be back with more.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I liked the mental breakdowns in The Sims 2 and I want them back!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,961 Member
    I understand wanting disabilities in The Sims but it would be nigh-on impossible to do it justice. Many disabilities are wide-ranging and people suffer differently. As an example, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome is to do with faulty collagen, but there are many different subtypes and not everyone is affected the same. Similar with conditions like ASD, ADHD, and even mental illnesses. I have social anxiety disorder, for example, and some people with the disorder find even going to the shops incredibly difficult, or find eating in restaurants difficult, both of which I am fine with. And so on and so on.
    It’s a good idea and I understand wanting inclusivity, but in reality it’d be hard to implement.
  • WatermelonBombWatermelonBomb Posts: 21 Member
    I loved and deeply miss the original Sims, especially the complete collection and wouldnt mind a remaster of it the way it is
    I'm a Veteran player but starting to finally use mods and cheats outside of very basic 3 cheats, be gentle with me.

IMO nothing beats Sims 1 Making Magic
  • saucelicioussaucelicious Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2020
    I greatly dislike the baby gibberish that is simlish, I'd mod it out if i could for adults.

I miss bridgeport dearly with no loading screens.
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Iota wrote: »
    I like that Morgyn exists and is non-binary. If I'm honest, I've been using they/them pronouns for them since I first saw them without anyone having to tell me. And as a non-binary person myself, I actually really like the gender customisation (though the ability to pick pronouns would be awesome!)

I soooo wish we could pick pronouns!!!!
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I feel the same way :)
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I don't agree with the argument that disablities shouldnt be added because of how controversial it can be and fear of backlash. The same could be said about lbtq/change sim options and the hijab and muslim clothing in game and they still added it. Id like religion to be added but because it is "controversial" its not included. In aware you can pretend worship and download places of worship via the gallery. Id think it would be cool to add a spiritual trait, and if your sim is spiritual they have an extra motive they need to feel and will decay over time if you dont spend it in worship. I think thats a great way to implement it.

But I can sympathise with people who are disabled who dont want to experience the negative affects of their illness in game. I see people feel the same about miscarriages too.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Here’s an unpopular opinion: I hate it when gamechangers criticize The Sims.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    I don't mind the loading screens at all.
    They're only 10 seconds for me, and they don't distract me from the gameplay. The Sims 2, even though it's my favorite of the series, had loading screens that were much longer.
    Lucky. Mine are 20 to 30.
    At one point I took me 23minutes to load my game, luckily the office had me distracted. Turned out it was the save file, starting a new save loaded asap
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    I wish we didn’t have Game Changers. Some people follow the Game Changers’ opinions too closely instead of formulating their own opinions.

I wish the Game Changers were all different ages and not almost all of them under 25. It's ageist to assume every one of us is under 25 that plays the sims and that the under 25 demographics are the only ones buying the packs. I watch the Game Changers on YouTube and Twitch but don't let their excitement as the official hype people sway whether I get a pack or not. I wish one of them didn't do the hype person advert and would tell us they really hate the pack. It is another disappointment in a long line of disappointments. They need at least one person totally jaded and mod dependent as a Game Changer. We'll call them the Anti-Hype Squad. They'll act as the voice of reason every time Sims 4 gives us another pack that is almost there but not quite yet.

That's why I mostly wait for LGR to do his reviews before buying a pack (unless it's a pack I really want) because he's over 25 and doesn't get caught up in the hype, plus I love how cynical his reviews are. Granted he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think he manages to portray an honest look at expansion, game and stuff packs that focuses on the pros and cons of a pack.

From what I've seen, the fact that I don't like LGR is probably an unpopular opinion haha! So I'll add it here. His videos feel at best, boring, to me, and a lot of the time seem fake. I feel like his criticism is more for views than anything else, just the feeling I get listening to him. But I know most disagree so I just stay out of the threads about him haha! But since this is unpopular opinions I"ll put it here.

Oh 100% agreed. Maybe at one point he was okay but now he’s just overrated
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    I wish we didn’t have Game Changers. Some people follow the Game Changers’ opinions too closely instead of formulating their own opinions.

I wish the Game Changers were all different ages and not almost all of them under 25. It's ageist to assume every one of us is under 25 that plays the sims and that the under 25 demographics are the only ones buying the packs. I watch the Game Changers on YouTube and Twitch but don't let their excitement as the official hype people sway whether I get a pack or not. I wish one of them didn't do the hype person advert and would tell us they really hate the pack. It is another disappointment in a long line of disappointments. They need at least one person totally jaded and mod dependent as a Game Changer. We'll call them the Anti-Hype Squad. They'll act as the voice of reason every time Sims 4 gives us another pack that is almost there but not quite yet.

That's why I mostly wait for LGR to do his reviews before buying a pack (unless it's a pack I really want) because he's over 25 and doesn't get caught up in the hype, plus I love how cynical his reviews are. Granted he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think he manages to portray an honest look at expansion, game and stuff packs that focuses on the pros and cons of a pack.

From what I've seen, the fact that I don't like LGR is probably an unpopular opinion haha! So I'll add it here. His videos feel at best, boring, to me, and a lot of the time seem fake. I feel like his criticism is more for views than anything else, just the feeling I get listening to him. But I know most disagree so I just stay out of the threads about him haha! But since this is unpopular opinions I"ll put it here.

The other game changers, I don't watch most, there's a few I like, but not for their opinions as I usually disagree with them, Carl is one exampleh haha! 90% of the time I disagree with what he has to say, but I like his videos anyways cuz they jsut feel more honest to me and I like his voice lol. I listen to them for entertainment only, not their opinion since yeah, I usually disagree. (Kelsey, James, Seri, & Deli I enjoy, don't like watching ENglish Simmer or Plumbella or Claire... Little Simsie and LaurenZ are alright but I like maybe 50%? )

Yeah, I understand he's not everyone's cup of tea, especially when it comes to reviews of the sims. I don't always agree with Clint/LGR, but I enjoy his reviews non the less, but that's my own preferences. Carl is the only other game changer I watch, even if I don't always agree with him I still respect his views. I just can't get into the other game changers because they always come across as being overhyped about packs even ignoring glaring issues, but that's just me.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Here’s an unpopular opinion: I hate it when gamechangers criticize The Sims.

May I ask why? I don't have any opinion on the gamechangers, so I promise I'm not asking this to start a fight haha. Just curious.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top