Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How To Not Pudding Face

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Ya know...look at these faces!

Normal
    t4kXGdw.png

The in game animations...omg
    UxMwrYv.png

I still don't have the value numbers. I checked the settings, I checked what version, it's all right. It must be a mod conflict or something.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Help. Haha

Even with custom skins, sliders, and freckles, all my Sims seem to look the same. Especially kids. They all have the chubby cheeks and just pudding face to them.

What's your secret to creating unique Sims? I've seen so many really amazing Sims around that look very individualistic. Share your secrets please!

Just jumping in so I didn't read any previous comments so if I repeat something already said that would be why.

For those who are having problems creating unique Sims might be because they have a difficult time letting go of their own visual preferences. Therefore, tend to create their ideal Sims which all will end up looking similar if not the same. Or use a preset and don't really bother with going crazy with the sliders which again, 'they have a difficult time letting go of their own visual preferences'. Personally, I like trying to create diverse Sims with all kinds of unique features whether that be high cheek bones, varying eye shapes, big ears, long faces, etc. If you really want to stop creating Sims that all look alike then you have to break out of the mold you placed yourself in and start creating Sims with features you normally wouldn't. Maybe this is a chance to look deeper into your own psyche and find out things you are not consciously aware of or whatever the case may be. But that's a different but still relatable subject...anyway.

Some examples of Sims I created.
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-5632.jpg
    Screenshot-141.jpg
    Screenshot-147.jpg
    Screenshot-636.jpg
    Screenshot-568.jpg
    Screenshot-489.jpg
    Screenshot-75.jpg
    Screenshot-1302.jpg
    Screenshot-355.jpg
    Screenshot-329.jpg
    Screenshot-559.jpg
    Screenshot-505.jpg
    Screenshot-1646.jpg
    Screenshot-405.jpg
    Screenshot-406.jpg
    Screenshot-300.jpg
    Screenshot-760.jpg

Kids usually take on their own distinctive looks from their parents/grandparents. If kids in general in your game end up looking like preset defaults then that may be a sign of your own doing in terms of not being creative enough when making Sims. Unless your Sim had kids by a preset default you did not alter then yeah...they can turn out that way. Realistically, kids sometimes have rounder cheeks and will usually become less prominent as they age but really depends on their genetics.
    Screenshot-5082.jpg
    Screenshot-282.jpg
    Screenshot-196.jpg
    Screenshot-3581.jpg
    Screenshot-535.jpg
    Screenshot-2851.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Mstybl95 This game has the best facial animations! I take it your sim is absent minded :D
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I haven't ever been able to get numbers on sliders working in my game either @Mstybl95 so I wont be any help, but your sim looks awesome !
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Help. Haha

Even with custom skins, sliders, and freckles, all my Sims seem to look the same. Especially kids. They all have the chubby cheeks and just pudding face to them.

What's your secret to creating unique Sims? I've seen so many really amazing Sims around that look very individualistic. Share your secrets please!

Just jumping in so I didn't read any previous comments so if I repeat something already said that would be why.

For those who are having problems creating unique Sims might be because they have a difficult time letting go of their own visual preferences. Therefore, tend to create their ideal Sims which all will end up looking similar if not the same. Or use a preset and don't really bother with going crazy with the sliders which again, 'they have a difficult time letting go of their own visual preferences'. Personally, I like trying to create diverse Sims with all kinds of unique features whether that be high cheek bones, varying eye shapes, big ears, long faces, etc. If you really want to stop creating Sims that all look alike then you have to break out of the mold you placed yourself in and start creating Sims with features you normally wouldn't. Maybe this is a chance to look deeper into your own psyche and find out things you are not consciously aware of or whatever the case may be. But that's a different but still relatable subject...anyway.

Some examples of Sims I created.
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    Screenshot-5632.jpg
    Screenshot-141.jpg
    Screenshot-147.jpg
    Screenshot-636.jpg
    Screenshot-568.jpg
    Screenshot-489.jpg
    Screenshot-75.jpg
    Screenshot-1302.jpg
    Screenshot-355.jpg
    Screenshot-329.jpg
    Screenshot-559.jpg
    Screenshot-505.jpg
    Screenshot-1646.jpg
    Screenshot-405.jpg
    Screenshot-406.jpg
    Screenshot-300.jpg
    Screenshot-760.jpg

Kids usually take on their own distinctive looks from their parents/grandparents. If kids in general in your game end up looking like preset defaults then that may be a sign of your own doing in terms of not being creative enough when making Sims. Unless your Sim had kids by a preset default you did not alter then yeah...they can turn out that way. Realistically, kids sometimes have rounder cheeks and will usually become less prominent as they age but really depends on their genetics.
    Screenshot-5082.jpg
    Screenshot-282.jpg
    Screenshot-196.jpg
    Screenshot-3581.jpg
    Screenshot-535.jpg
    Screenshot-2851.jpg

Dang...awesome sims and diversity.

I do suffer from the predisposition to make all my sims have features I like, but I also try to make my towns diverse. I had this default replacement skin that looked different depending on the color so it added some diversity even if my sims mostly looked the same. The problem with it was that the face on the infant was off and the eyes were on the forehead and the mouth was on the nose. haha...it was creepy so I removed it. But then, all of my sims ended up looking identical. And no skin I have found so far is remedying that. So I'm on a mission to create new and truly diverse sims, but it's falling a lot short of my expectations. The results I'm seeing with my sliders is not anything like I thought it would be.
  • Options
    VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    I'm late.. again. Gah

I use EA sliders because I'm 1. Too terrified to use custom sliders and ruin my premade sims' faces. And 2. Custom sliders seemed like way too much work to get used to.

My sims, while not nearly as customized- don't look half bad. My trick is, go into CAS and randomize a male and female sim with the desirable features you want. Edit their faces a little bit, make sure everything looks good. Then, create a toddler using both of their genetics. Then age the toddler in game (I age up to YA, delete their memories, enter CAS using testingcheats, save them to bin, and boom). From my experience, sims end up looking better when you age them up in-game rather then in CAS.
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    @Vails... only thing I can say is "Coyote Peterson's Brave Wilderness Outtro" - Be Brave, Stay Wild. You gotta be brave and go nuts with the custom sliders. That's the only way that you'll learn what works and what doesn't. :)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2020
    I know all my sims tend to look the same but I’m scared to install custom sliders I don’t want to break my game.plus I have 1 or 2 sims I worked really hard on and I don’t know if custom sliders effect already made sims
  • Options
    @GraceyManor There's no need to install custom sliders. Just be sure to utilize all the sliders that come with the game! :)
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @GraceyManor There's no need to install custom sliders. Just be sure to utilize all the sliders that come with the game! :)

I’ve tried that XD I’ve even altered them to ways I normally wouldn’t and they still look so bland to me lol
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    I could de-pudding my sims more but im just lazy, for immigrant sims/npcs i just let storyprog do its job, though i have set custom stuff in SP settings. But as others said it's more than possible using in-game sliders, the individual ones not the global ones. Giving them little features make a huge difference, and also the size of everything. Eyes and mouths etc are cartoonishly exaggerated, experiment with scaling down the eyes and adding character to them (eyelid positions, curves) then modelling the face around them. Cheeks and jaws particularly
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member

48499856832_9dfebc3750_o.jpg

I know this is from a few months ago + but I just came across this thread and I've gotta say... this particular sim looks just like my ex. It was pretty jarring to see :D

But, as always, @Mikezumi , you make such beautiful sims.

Happy Simming!

P.S. I was able to finally get the random genetics mod working in game. Yay!
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    coco wrote: »
    I often think a lot of my sims look the same, and it's so true that we each have our own distinguishable style. It's all about the sliders but for me I find it really helps to use different skins and makeup too. When I create sims I like to look at photos of celebrities and models for inspiration or else I will keep putting the same type of features on sims. Don't put any sliders as zero and you should be fine :smile:

I was testing out the filters with NVIDIA Freestyle with a tweaked townie sim turned into a female, thanks @Emily4331 for the insight! :smile:

Sims-3-Screenshot-2019-10-18-23-42-00-96-2.png

I love the beauty spots on your sim. Do you possibly know the source??
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    @s33man Thanks but sorry that he reminded you of your ex. I hope the memories aren't too bad.
    I had been following your comments on MTS and I am glad you got the mod to work :) It makes so much difference!
  • Options
    @s33man Thanks but sorry that he reminded you of your ex. I hope the memories aren't too bad.
    I had been following your comments on MTS and I am glad you got the mod to work :) It makes so much difference!

Not your problem! Either way, that is/ was an attractive sim ;)

And yes! I'm so happy the creator of the random genetics mod figured out a work around. I definitely don't think I would've figured it out if it weren't for them.

Happy Simming :)
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @s33man Thanks! I'm pretty sure they come from Vasilla. You can find them under topical details which make them good for layering :smile:
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm trying to work with custom sliders while making sims. Some are decent but Idk. I actually attempted to make the sim in my avi in Sims 3 but her hair color is hard to replicate for me. It's kind of between red and blonde.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything