Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    New chapter! And guess what? Tomorrow you'll get to read the finale :love:

G5.D16: Dinner for Four
    @Karababy52 Ah, sorry! Didn't refresh the site :sweat_smile:
    There was a report on tv that showed US unemployment. The two people they should were waiting for their money, too :#

Hm, you're right. It would feel wrong to get rid of the vampires. The thing is, you don't use MCCC so your vampires don't get tons of kids who end up as vampires as well :D

I should have made it more obvious :sweat_smile:

I love avocado :D I even try to grow a plant from the pit (4 at the start, now 3 left). But both foods are in the category of "either you love it or hate it" :D There's no inbetween.

Haha, that's kinda cute ^^

Mud is the best! My niece loves playing with water and making mud and play with it :D
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2020
    We have my puppy back now and he's doing well mainly. He sure knows how to take up my time though lol :D
    It's exciting to see Blue get a dream date! The animosity between her and April was so funny :D glad that April is happily married now, with a celebrity husband no less :o

Good to see Kiley in the final too :) She is so beautiful, she and Roger would make pretty kids if she won I can tell.

Have you played any of the legacy part already? I'm curious if Roger and his wifey have any babies by now.
    @MaggieMarley I'm glad your puppy is fine :)
    April does way better with Brian May! He's a 5-star celebrity and immortal lol She won't have babies tho. My queen sims are flagged as "no offpsring".

Who do you think will win? ^^
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Queenarella
    It's happening all over the U.S. with people not getting their checks, 340,000 just in Michigan alone. :/

LOL Well that's true, and all those little ankle biters will grow up to be neck biters! o.O

No, it's cool. I should've remembered she was sad about not being the placeholder. :)

The taste is okay to me, I like it fresh in a side dish called 🐸🐸🐸🐸 de gallo from our favorite Mexican restaurant, but that's it. It's mixed with a bunch of other stuff though. I think it's the texture that turns me off, not the flavor. It reminds me too much of lima beans. o.O

Your niece sounds like a real cutie pie! :)

Current chapter:
    Good Lord! I don't know what's worse, that greeter's nasty remarks or the usual Mermaid imitation. lol

Wow, lots of snippy remarks going on between the ladies at the restaurant. o.O So cute how excited Kiley was for it all and the solo date. April has such a cute smile too. Blue just seems confused by everything or bored?

So sorry to see April go @TheYayToast At least she got Brian May as a consolation prize! That's a good thing eh? :)

Weeee! So excited for the finale! <3
    Haha I dunno I think Roger is really cute, he's a pretty good catch himself ;)

I couldn't say! I know Blue is my sim but I don't think I actually have a preference, since I really like Kiley - and my genetics obsession would love to see what hers and Roger's kids would look like :D

I already had Veronica win so from a probability pov I wouldn't think Blue is likely to win but you never know!
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    Dinner for one is shown every New Year's Eve in Denmark.
    It's a tradition for as long as I can remember. I still remember my dad's roaring laugh when I was a child and far too naive to understand its piquant undertone :joy:

Dinner for four was a bit of a chore
    The women made it a pretty thrilling dinner :lol:
    I can understand Roger was somewhat exhausted on that date :sleepy:
    Finally checkmate! .....Here he did not get much room despite his evil side :naughty:

The Rose ceremony
    I wonder if April discovered what happened at all?
    Maybe her facial expression shows some relief.....She has just seen through the Brain :relieved:

Both Kiley and Blue look gentle and happy .... in love <3

NB: It is good to hear that most of the participants have their own family now ... but I wonder ... what happened to Violet?

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    EEEEEEE!!!!

I. Can't. Take. The. PRESSURE!!!!

My fingers don't have fingernails on them anymore.
    But no matter what happens, both girls seem really right for Roger. Kiley has some wildness to her and Blue is...well...BLUE! ;) More aliens in the fam! :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @Karababy52
    That's really bad... :/ I hope this will get fixed soon because people need he money to live.

Maybe I should not make them mortal but flag them like my Queen sims as no offspring after they had 3 (MCCC is set to a maximum of 3 kids in a household).

Nah you can't remember everything from my story. I sometimes forget stuff and need to look it up :D

Are lima beans this soft? I like the texture :D And I love making guacamole. It always turns out way too hot tho :D People still eat it B)

She can be the opposite, too :D Like last time she cried because her grandma (my mom) said she shouldn't smear her dirty fingers on the wall. She's not used to "scolding" by her grandma (it was only a "please don't do that, it's nasty!") and she cried and cried and cried... I've told my mom many times that if she always lets her do everything and never says no in a bit of a harsher tone she would get spoiled. And now we have this. Who predicted it? lol But most of the time she's really lovely :)
    That one's easy for me: the mermaid wave is worse :joy:

I thought I add a bit of drama as the three basically "fight" for Roger now :) They're so close to the end!

Blue was just unlucky to look weird when I clicked C to take a screenshot :joy:

If I had to choose between Roger Brennan and Brian May... I'd let down both and go to Freddie lol But April made a great catch :)

@MaggieMarley
    Roger can be so mean tho. After the finale today I'll add the relationship scores. There's a huge jump and that was the time I made him talk to everyone and start flirting. It's like form 30 to 80 :D

I don't have a favorite but I already know who won :p

True, you brought Veroinca in my game :D She still loves to break all my stuff... :D

@MonaSolstraale Haha! It's just the same as here in Germany :D On New Year's Eve it is played on almost all channels, at almost every time :D So if you miss it, just hop through the channels and look for one that just starts ^^
    It was time to add a bit of drama. They all want the same man after all. I was surprised there was no free will flirting :sweat_smile:

He still looked happy tho. I guess Roger enjoyed being the one 3 women were fighting over :p

Maybe Roger is less Brain and more Pinky?

When I post today's final chapter I'll add a spoiler with all information :) Violet is definitely married but I don't know the name right now :sweat_smile:

@pammiechick I hope this pressure won't scare you away and you'll still enter sims in the future :p
    No matter who wins, the other one will be better off anyway :D

Off to writing the finale now ;)
    And here it is, the FINALE! :love:

G5.D17: Happily Ever After?

And what is the rest up to? Do not read if you haven't read the finale yet as there's a huge spoiler!
    Maralyn: married to Elisha Najera and 2 sons

Anwyn: nothing

Sandy: married to Scott Amos

Daya: married to Roger Taylor (drummer of Queen)

Violet: married to Khalil Cavanaugh

Jolene: married to Denzel Crespo

Regan: married to Joaquin Nunn

April: married to Brian May (guitarist of Queen)

Kiley: married to Cedric Spear

And some random stuff from the legacy family side kicks:
    Sophie and Lonnie got married and have a daguther called Tia.

Kevin and Cam are married and have a son, Dayton, and two daughters, Blake and Tia.

Sheila was married to Jett and they have three daughters, Deidre, Joanne and Mckenna. After Jett died, Sheila married Vlad. :|

Melina got married to Amari Guajardo and they have a son called Alan.

Brian got married to a townie called Elaine (we already saw her) and they have a dog named Rhonda and ason called Jalen.

George and Moss had another baby, this time a boy called Moshe.

And - if I counted correctly - there are at least 15 vampires in this save at the moment :D
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Congrats to the winner! <3
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited June 2020
    Glad you saved Sophie (twice!) It's so annoying how vampires without sun resistance autonomously stand out in the sun. Vlad does it and he has thin skin weakness!

I had no idea sims could get sick from swinging :o

Is the sand sculpture a fish head maybe?

I love how Roger is only just finding out about spellcasters as if his sister wasn't one lol.

Wait, I thought sims with supernatural skin tones couldn't tan? Or can Roger tan because he isn't a full alien? Now I'm curious if Blue can tan since she is an alien but doesn'thave an alien skin tone

Wow Blue won! That's so awesome! They were so cute together at the end <3 So looking forward to seeing how the legacy part goes :)

Good to see that Kiley is married now though so hopefully things worked out well for her too!
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    @Queenarella You are a master at building tension ... I almost got a headache from trying to figure it out :#
    Congratulations to @MaggieMarley and Blue.... She is beautiful! :love:
    I really hope Roger will treat her worthy the rest of his time... Otherwise, she must use some brainwashing ;)

@pammiechick I'm sorry you lost your fingernails for no reason... :/
    When your reading the relationship numbers Kiley got off to a good start...
    She is a delicious sim <3 .... but it just wasn't her day
    @Queenarella
    Well, there's been some progress, but not for us. 140K cases have been resolved, but we're one of 200K still waiting...

Sounds like a good idea! That way you still have your Sims, but don't get flooded with nooboos. :)

I'm usually pretty good at remembering stuff, but a lot going on to distract me lately. Oh well...

Lima beans have kind of a waxy shell and a disgusting fine sand like texture inside. Grosses me out big time.

Aww, that reminds me so much of my Grandson. He's not used to Grandma scolding him either so when I do, he gets this absolutely adorable frown on his face and won't look at you. Our Grandaughter just squinches her eyes shut when you scold her. I guess she thinks if she can't see you, it doesn't count or something. So cute! :D
    I knew you'd say that! :p

Makes sense, loved they were bickering over him.

lol I've caught so many funny and unfortunate faces on my Sims by hitting pause.

Of course you would. :)

Current Chapter:
    Good Lord did Sophie have a death wish or what? :D

Man I love Sulani! Such a gorgeous world. Perfect place for a dream date, or two. :) I had no idea Sims could get nauseous from swinging. Interesting.

Love the cloud/stargaze interaction, looks so peaceful I see mopey Sims like Sandy walking around all the time in my game. Glad they were finally able to swing again without Roger getting sick.

Roger sure has a unique approach to flirting eh? :D

So many stalkers! I'd say go home Tempy, but she even stalks them there. o.O

You built a sandbox for your Legacy? Cool!

Sometimes I think Roger should've been designated Pinky instead of Brian. :D

I'm guessing Kiley wasn't too comfortable wearing those boots and long sleeves in a tropical environment either. Oh and it's not a good idea to wear black when it's hot out either. :p

What a perfectly timed screenie and comment to go with it! Looks exactly like Roger is staring (drooling) at Kiley in all her glory. :)

Why do you regret giving Roger the tiny trunks?

I think Roger looks very handsome in that screenshot! Oh and you're such a tease drawing out the final result like that! Kiley looked so happy and hopeful... :(

Congratulations to @MaggieMarley for Blue winning the heart of the man of her dreams! (I knew it! Had a strong feeling she was the one!) Bummer Kiley got so far and came in second @pammiechick, I know what that's like. *Hugs*

So excited for the Legacy part to begin now! Thanks for the update on the other contestants too! Love that Maralyn has two boys now. I'd love to see pics of them too if possible. Anyway, have a great weekend! <3
    @MaggieMarley
    On the first lot I think Sophie glitched as she didn't move with the bike next to her :D I have 15+ vampires in my save by now but this is one of the few occasions this has happened. When I play vampires they usually stay inside autonomously.

My sims gets sick like 7 of 10 times playing on the swings :joy:

It's been a while since I've played the finale but I think it was a gnome.

He didn't see his sister spellcasting as he was busy playing the pipe organ :D

I guess this was changed. They can try to get a tan but you can't see their tan. I have screenshots for this in the legacy part :) I haven't checked of Blue can get a tan but I'll try it in game soon :)

The perfect match ^^ Was it too obvious that she would win? I tried real hard not to give it away.

Almost all contestants are married off by now. It took half of them some time but eventually the notifications popped up :)

@MonaSolstraale In a book I recently found a "title" that suits me, as I can be mean with cliffhangers and tension building: B**ch Queen of H*ll :D:D It would get censored for sure...
    I'm excited to see how their babies will look like!

Maybe Roger isn't rude to Blue at all. I haven't seen him being mean to her in the legacy part yet. But to be fair, I missed him being rude to others ALL the time, too :D

Kiley got her own little happy end with another sim :)

@Karababy52
    In the report it said that there's not enough people working on it so it takes way too long... Fingers crossed that you get your money very soon! :)

Flooded with vampire nooboos :D I don't mind having many sims in my game. But too many vampires might lead to more lag, maybe? Immortality and all that ^^

Same! You get bombed with information from all sides and it's hard to remember most of it!

Avocados aren't like this tho. Avocados are soft and kinda creamy :) You can cut them in half, put salt and pepper on it and then eat it with a spoon :D

Haha, seems like a general thing with little kids ^^ When I scold my niece she gives me the deathstare :D
    Of course lol It would make sense if mermaids greeted you this way but not receptionists who aren't even occult.

My all time favorite expression is still - and probably will always be - Nathan breaking the sink and looking at it like super annoyed :D Love it so much :D
    Sophie glitched, I think. She didn't move with the bike right next to her. I used MCCC to make her go home to save her. She has
    a baby at home after all!

I wish I could be in Sulani. It's soooo pretty! My sims get nauseous from swinging a lot. I thought that's normal but I might be wrong ^^

One of my favorite thing to do with sims :) It helps to raise the relationship bar, too ^^ Same in my game and I have no idea why... When it's an unplayed townie I assume someone aged up without a cake or someone died but when my other sims walk by I wonder what happened.

He looks weird when he flirts :D

Stalkers are totally normal in my game for whatever reason :D But Tempy is the worst of all stalkers from generation 1 to now :joy:

Yep, it's on the playground in the corner where the shade thing stands :) It should be big enough to build a sandsculpture or two :)

But who would be Brain then? Brian is a bit too naive and too sunny-minded to be Brain :D

I wonder why they didn't change to their summer outfit... I guess it was early spring and still too cold for summer clothes. Even in Sulani. That reminds me, my mom showed me a nice summer dress in a catalogue yesterday and I said "The blue color is nice." We wanted to order it online but the blue one wasn't available in my size anymore and my mom said "black looks nice, too." Like, yeah, I'll war a black dress in summer :D I just ordered it one size bigger instead ^^ Summer dresses can be wider anyway.

Haha you say it! Drooling lol

I kinda don't like tiny trunks. They look so... exposing imo :D I think I gave the tiny trunks to him as a joke and forgot about them :D

He looks a bit like James Bond, doesn't he?

You know me, I like to be a bit mean once in a while :p

I haven't played in a few days but maybe I'll start the game today and if both kids are at least toddlers yet - I assume they are - I'll take screenshots of them and post them here :) Maggie asked me for the Straud offspring, too, so I will show them as well :)

Have a great day! <3
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I love entering my sims in good stories so don't worry. And I know the odds are against all of our sims in making it. lol!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited June 2020
    @Queenarella
    Vlad has had a few close calls from autonomously standing out in the sun... I guess he must have glitched.

I just tested out the tanning thing with Blue and the game won't let her even try to suntan :(

No you did really well with the suspense! It could have been either of them :) I especially like how at the end you had Roger talk to both of them... I'll steal that little technique I think ;)

Kind of offtopic but not really because you're playing Blue now: I don't know if you would have noticed it with Barbarella because you kept her in disguise but there is a bug where when an alien ages up their facial structure changes (there is a thread about it ). Apparently it still hasn't been fixed and I checked to see if it affects Blue and it does :( you can see the difference between her as a YA and an adult here:
    7C1bj3L.png?1
    YA Blue
    JDaienF.png?1
    Adult Blue

So yeah her face will change as she gets older :'( so sad. In particular, her chin will get a lot longer. I hate this bug. Her kids should inherit her YA facial features, though. Feel free to edit her in CAS when she becomes an adult if you want to. It'll happen again when she becomes an elder though :(
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
    @Queenarella
    Yeah, they were supposed to hire more people to help. Hopefully that's happened or will soon. We'll see...

It would more than likely lead to more lag not only for the increased number of Sims, but for all the relationships they create with other Sims. That causes lag too for some reason.

I know avocados aren't like lima beans, I just don't like their flavor raw by themselves. Same with tomatoes. I love them in different dishes but I can't eat a raw one on anything. Hubby loves them in sandwiches or on his burger though. I don't know how he does it. lol

I think it is a thing with little kids. The worst part is that it's so cute, you have a hard time not laughing and if you do, they think, "Oooo I made Grandma laugh, I'll do what I did again." Or they don't think you're serious about the discipline and brush it off. Not always, but sometimes that happens.

At least they don't put up both arms and squeal like Mermaids. That would be even weirder. o.O I probably shouldn't say that too loud or a Dev might see it an change that animation. They love 'weirder' stories.

HAHA I always roll my eyes when Sims do that over a mess they made themselves. I always yell at the screen and say, "Don't whine at me about it, YOU did it so YOU are going to clean it up!"
    I'm just glad you happened to notice her, like you did Tempy when she was freezing. Could've been tragic.

I would so love to live in Sulani! I think it's the prettiest world in the game. Selvadorado is a close second and then probably Glimmerbrook/Magic Realm. I love Granite Falls, Brindleton Bay and StrangerVille though too.

Yes! I always use cloud/stargaze when I want two Sims to be friends! That's probably exactly what's happened or they're hungry, tired, need fun or something.

Very cool! I've only ever built one sandbox in game as part of a build I did for a contest. I haven't even tried since they can actually build sandcastles now. I'll have to try to remember to do that in my current Drifter house once they have a child. :)

Um... Melina? I imagine you have to be quite smart to be a spellcaster. Well, if spellcaster's were a real thing in the real world. In Sims anybody can be a Spellcaster after doing a simple hunt and gather thingie. She's not evil or mean though and the brain was that, so really, I don't know. :D

That's the only weird thing about Sulani. It can be the middle of Winter, and cool/cold but everything still looks so tropical and warm it's easy to forget and puts your Sims in danger of freezing when you least expect it. I try to put the pants with the wraparound scarf and the longer sleeved top on my ladies for Winter in Sulani and some of the 'warmer' looking outfits for the guys too. Those clothes though would look VERY out of place in say, Willow Creek in Winter during a blizzard. :D I don't buy clothes online very often just for the reasons you mentioned. I need to try stuff on before I buy it. Shoes I'll get online though and some tops, but pants or a dress, etc.? Not very often, a lot of the time they end up not fitting right.

LOL Okay, well at least you didn't put him in a speedo! o.O

Yes, very handsome! :)

Excellent! Thank you! Have a great morning! <3
    @pammiechick Aw thanks! You think this mess I call story is good ^^ But yeah, it's fun to enter sims in other simmers' challenges ^^

@MaggieMarley
    Lock the door so he can't go outside ^^

Maybe Blue can't tan as she's a full alien? I tried it with Tempy (1/4 alien only) and she could tan but the "tan" was the exact same skin color :joy:

Steal it! I stole it from the tv version of the bachelor :p So it's not my original idea either lol

I see the changes, like the chin of course and the eyes seem bigger, but I think you'll only notice this in CAS. I guess playing her it won't be that obvious :) And Blue still looks gorgeous with the longer chin imo.

@Karababy52
    They should do this soon! Money is not just some nice little extra for most people o.O

Oh gosh... I really need to flag them as no offspring ASAP! :D I don't want more lag. I even deleted my custom music from the game...

There are so many people who don't like tomatoes :o I could name at least 5 without thinking about it. Have you tried those small cocktail tomatoes? They taste different and are a bit sweeter. Love them!

Or kids try to test out the limits. How often will I be scolded before they really take action? Like taking something away or stuff like that.

You mean that weird thing when mermaids act like dolphins? :joy: That's hilarious lol I don't think a dev would find their way to this thread :p

Happens way too many times :D But it's kinda funny imo.
    Weeeell, it would mean less vampires in the save tho :joy: And what you said about relationships from vampires and other townies... Maybe I would have less lag when Sopie dies?

Hm, I wouldn't want to live in Sulani because it would be hot all year long. I guess I'd live in Brindelton Bay or Willow Creek and go on vacation to Sulani :D

You can even build sandsculptures in Oasis Springs on the sandy lots ^^

Well, yes, maybe Melina ^^ She made herself get that gross curse tho :p Not the smartest sim around either :p

That's exactly why I added "dress your sims for living in Sulani" for my other challenge :) A winter coat would just look misplaced in Sulani :D

When I order clothes online I send like half of it back. But I saw a report recently that those clothes you send back are thrown away o.O

My sims will NEVER wear speedos :D

I have no idea what time it'll be when you read this so, have a nice day ^^ <3

And I'm off to write the first legacy chapter of gen 5! :love:
    And here it is: the new chapter!

Chapter 5.1

Finally no more weird titles. For now.
    edited June 2020
    The main problem is when he comes home from work and I don't realise he has come home because sometimes he just stands outside in the sun rather than go inside... Grrrr. He has had a few close calls!

Glad you don't mind Blue's chin when she gets older! You could always just disguise her if it ends up looking really bad in live mode, since I don't think the glitch affects disguises :)
    So great to read the first legacy chapter of this generation! I'm so happy that you got Blue a blue drone :D also livestreaming herself at the lab is precisely what I had been going to suggest if you were stuck for how to combine her aspiration with the scientist career.

Because she is in the scientist career you'll probably get quite a few abductions. I would be so excited if Roger got abducted and came back pregnant! Or who knows it might even happen to James ;)

It's cool that so many of her coworkers are ex contestants! Did that happen randomly or did you make them join the scientist career?
  • SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    @Queenarella I was wondering how you gave them each the rose without the others freaking out. If I did that, my Sims would get mad and their relationship would plummet.
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
    @SimmerOfAges she doesn't use the romantic give rose interaction. She buys roses from the computer and gives them to the contestants using the 'give friendly gift' interaction. That's what I did in my bachelor challenge too :)
  • SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    Ooo. Do you have to have a pack to give gifts @MaggieMarley ?
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel