Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod that fixes bills

PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
Just putting this here - if anyone knows of (or writes) a mod that restores bill amounts to previous pre-June patch levels, please post! I am not playing until I can get this fixed somehow. I had a story going in my main save of a sim living in a mansion that needed to keep working hard to pay weekly bills. I'm sure this bug will get fixed eventually but who knows when... Thanks in advance!

Comments

• freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    i hope someone does this bills are too low
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Just putting this here - if anyone knows of (or writes) a mod that restores bill amounts to previous pre-June patch levels, please post! I am not playing until I can get this fixed somehow. I had a story going in my main save of a sim living in a mansion that needed to keep working hard to pay weekly bills. I'm sure this bug will get fixed eventually but who knows when... Thanks in advance!
    Hi... not sure if it's a bug, looking at the tuning file it seems the costs have been rearranged with different (but not that different) "tax" percentages. I've updated the one I wrote a while ago, but I swing the other way in that my bills are lower. Can you post what values would seem right for your game?

Just for info, current patch has the following upper and lower limit brackets (based, I believe, on total wealth of the sim household)
    1.5% = upper 20,000
    2.5% = lower 20,000 upper 30,000
    3% = lower 30,000 upper 50,000
    4% = lower 50,000

Old values:
    2% = upper 20,000
    3% = lower 20,000 upper 30,000
    3.5% = lower 30,000 upper 50,000
    4% = lower 50,000
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    My sims bills have went down dramatically. Before the patch, it was a little over $7000. Now it’s under $330. I liked the hustle of her scrambling to pay the bills. It’s just too low now.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    It's not the values that are the porblem (though they're too low for my personal taste). The problem seems to be somewhere deeper in the phython code as no matter how large the lot and how high the costs, property tax will always be exactly 300.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Yes apparently the problem is not specifically the tax percentages, but that there's a bug in the actual calculations, that a simmer has pointed out on EA Answers HQ. More details here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Lot-taxes-seem-too-low/m-p/9182738/highlight/true#M135550

And if you want to add your "Me Too" response, you can do so here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Lot-taxes-seem-too-low/td-p/9171466/
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Just learned a new version of SNB Bills by SimRealist is out now. Apparently it fixes the Lot Tax problem! Haven't tested it yet but will very soon. Check here: https://www.simrealist.com/post/snb-bills-is-now-available
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    83bienchen wrote: »
    It's not the values that are the porblem (though they're too low for my personal taste). The problem seems to be somewhere deeper in the phython code as no matter how large the lot and how high the costs, property tax will always be exactly 300.

Yeah, my sims moved to a much bigger house and yet they're paying 300 fix tax. It makes no sense.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Just learned a new version of SNB Bills by SimRealist is out now. Apparently it fixes the Lot Tax problem! Haven't tested it yet but will very soon. Check here: (snip)

Lol. Not really for me. Since all power generation is broken, there's no way to properly generate power. Solar panels and wind turbines both generate NEGATIVE power even with no powered devices are on the lot. Even with supplementary power, bills are higher than they should be.

Install a mod that INCREASES bills even more? Not likely.
  • AlunnyAlunny Posts: 24 Member
    Would MCCC's bill adjustment feature help? I used to have it set on 150% more difficult but had to lower it because child support took so much from my sim ha ha.