Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disgusting Concepts

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    There's nothing quite like some roasted crickets for tea followed by a snooze in the rat-infested dumpster behind the local dive bar :D

It's a good job the world is full of people with varied likes and dislikes otherwise it would be pretty boring. Me, I'm loving a bit o' grime.

Yummy LOL!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    People play different ways. Me I'm loving it all... well not all I haven't tried the dumpster woohoo yet, but who knows I might make some sims that might like it. Zoolander's Derelicte loving fashion sims might decide it's all the rage and yes I have Zoolander and the cast in my game. Hannibal is working toward getting the (non) meat wall but he's only to level 3 in the Civil Designer career so it will be at least two more levels I think before he'll be slicing and dicing and massaging the meat.
    My Renfield character was enjoying his bug meals before he died of Rabid Rodent disease although I'm not happy with how hard it is to take care of the little buggers. He'll be resurrected soon enough though and get back to enjoying the comestible critters and crickets.
    Man, I'm glad the developers have a sense of humor.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm thoroughly enjoying having all the stuff that for some people is their normal - dumpster diving, better off the grid, living frugally. I personally would consider starving to death before I ate insects knowingly, but again, some peoples normal and my sims don't seem to mind :)
    It's not real life. Play with it if you want to, or don't. Please don't be upset that the players who actually couldn't give two hoots about fame or being rich got something for their play style.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Twicelikey wrote: »
    I don’t understand why the OP bought the pack if they found it disgusting. There were 2 trailers and a very in depth livestream that left really no mystery as to what this pack was about.

If I recall, this was the same person asking people to convince them to buy the pack despite the fact they had strong negative feelings towards it and even after a 40 minute breakdown video on the pack, they left feeling unimpressed. Didn't take kindly to being told the logical thing of if you don't like something, don't waste your money on it.

Oh really? Well...now I feel bad...Sorry for my blunted rudeness...because I did not know this. xD I came in here thinking this person liked the pack at first and bought and now disappointed. Had I have known they disliked to begin with.

Sorry for everyone I was rude to.
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Twicelikey wrote: »
    I don’t understand why the OP bought the pack if they found it disgusting. There were 2 trailers and a very in depth livestream that left really no mystery as to what this pack was about.

If I recall, this was the same person asking people to convince them to buy the pack despite the fact they had strong negative feelings towards it and even after a 40 minute breakdown video on the pack, they left feeling unimpressed. Didn't take kindly to being told the logical thing of if you don't like something, don't waste your money on it.

Oh really? Well...now I feel bad...Sorry for my blunted rudeness...because I did not know this. xD I came in here thinking this person liked the pack at first and bought and now disappointed. Had I have known they disliked to begin with.

Sorry for everyone I was rude to.

Ah it happens. I honestly forgot about that situation until I noticed the name lol
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited June 2020
    this is funny cause the main reasons i want this pack is the meat wall, dumpster, trash and smog

+ maybe some off the grid equipment i guess be handy

agree on bugs though i got enough bugs already

but people can enjoy things in game they very much detest in real life
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited June 2020
    Eh. While this pack seems largely unimpressive (and with the Sims 4 addressing eco-living related content twice before, obviously recycled, pun not intended), I do welcome the grittier, dirtier, more dreary look that the pack... tries to deliver since it's painfully clear that the Sims 4 is mostly a utopia, goody-goody, feel good, safe haven-esque kind of game. (see "snowpals")

It's difficult to grasp exactly how the OP feels about this pack, (I only say that since while he's using exclamation points and such, I've never seen anyone feel strongly against a pack because of a few minor pieces of content within it) but he seems to be overreacting a bit. It's not as if the Sims 4 (or previous Sims games) hasn't crossed the avenues of potentially gross content before. Forcefully sucking blood from another individual or kidnapping them to impregnate them with an alien seed? Both are disgusting acts to do in real life, yet the game contains these acts. Plus, it's great for hobo characters or an apocolypse-like playthrough for those who wanted to simulate such things more easily.

This is obviously completely subjective, but it seems wiser to me to judge a pack based on its overarching effect on your game and whether or not its content improves your playstyle, not based on extremely minor features of the pack. Meat walls can be easily ignored, even for vegetarian Sims. Dumpster WooHoo is not forced upon the player because there are numerous other locations your Sim can choose instead and eating bugs... it's not as if consuming insects are the only option for Sims to eat. The OP argues that our Sims are not animals. No, I say his Sims are not animals. I might want to play a character that roughs it. Perhaps I'll want to recreate Gollum in the Sims 4 as accurately as possible, for example.

Videogames often require a certain level of disconnect and disbelief to find them enjoyable. I'm not sure the OP has enough of it.
    Post edited by AHolyToilet on
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    I have my fun with this ep and I like it most of the time, except the moneytree glitch. I find it amusing how people react to the dumpster woohoo and the meat wall. I don't mind them, there are games excisting who are far worst than this.

We play a game where other players have no hesitation to kill their sims in all different and cruelty ways, but dumpster woohoo and meatwalls are reclaimed as disgusting. But okay?! :D

Anyway, I think it is fair to say with this ep it is very important to know how it is played before it is bought. Without watching the let's play I would have probably vote for sharing is caring too. But I've seen how this n.a.p has worked from the early access let's play, got the warning and I've decided to never vote for it and checked the game settings before playing it.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Skimmed through the thread and I'm surprised to the extent that I think there might be trolling going on. Not blaming anyone just the feeling that this gave me. Personally I quite like these ideas they had for eco living, dumpster stuff and raising bugs for food. The meat wall I don't really care about SO probably not gonna play much with it.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I love the idea of making my sims game more diverse. This expansion gives me a lot of possibilities. For now, i'm making one neighbourhood per world completelly dirty.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    @Netzspannung I mean Germany is a wealthy country still people rummage in the trash all the time.
    For some people there is no alternative because they have no money, for others it's just a lifestyle.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Netzspannung I mean Germany is a wealthy country still people rummage in the trash all the time.
    For some people there is no alternative because they have no money, for others it's just a lifestyle.

It happens everywhere in the world if we take the time to look.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

Absolutely. From what I can tell it is possible to make EUR 30 or more per day when searching in the rights spots. For some senior citizens, students with no support or for someone out of work this can make a huge difference. And upcycling is also a real thing. Whether as a way of life or of survival, it is not something that should be frowned upon. We like to pretend that as soon as the trash is taken away it's gone, but in reality this planet is drowning in it. Anyone who uses trash for something useful is doing all of us a favour.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm utterly disgusted with all the dumpster interactions. I've used MCCC to make it so none of it happens autonomously in my game. I don't want to see my sims rummaging through trash. It's gross and not at all realistic to real life.

The meat wall will most likely be completely ignored in my game as well.

I think it's great that so many people here apparently live in very wealthy areas, but seeing people rummaging through trash is an everyday occurance where I live. And they are not homeless people either. People are specifically rummaging for returnable bottles which will get a refund of between 15- 25 cents at the grocery store.

Same here! While I dont dumpster dive and my husband drink enough sodas that we dont need to search the neighborhood for cans, if I see some discarded objects left out on the curb for trash pickup, you can bet Im going to see what looks interesting. In fact, a good amount of objects we have in the house were found this exact same way. And dont get me started on tag sales. One man's trash is another man's treasure indeed.

And I just think its a bit ignorant to claim that dumpster diving and bug eating arent "realistic" and I can make a few guesses as to what kind of bubbles people making these claims live in. Sure eating insects is not a common thing where I live, but I know for a fact that there are countries and cultures where eating insects is nothing out of the ordinary. And if you know what to look for, insects are packed with amazing amounts of protein. And dumpster diving? I can look outside my window right now and see our neighborhood homeless guy picking through the trash. My area isnt bad, nor is it spectacular, and seeing homeless folks going through dumpsters is a common sight. But to say that that's not "realistic"... Oof. You might as well say that because you have a house, homelessness does not exist.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

The pack isn't just about disgusting dumpster interactions, eating bugs and meat walls. That's why I bought it. I rather enjoy having my sims take part in all the eco footprint stuff and I have my game modded so I can easily avoid the parts I don't like anyway. My sims are doing fine without ever rummaging through dumpsters so far and I plan to keep it that way.

It is possible to enjoy an expansion but not like some of it's features at the same time. I'm honestly really enjoying Eco Lifestyle. For me it's one of the best packs we've had since Island Living.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    @Pamtastic72 thanks I thought of it in the shower. Always my pleasure to make people spit out hot beverages on their screens.
    Jk, glad you laughed 😄
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm utterly disgusted with all the dumpster interactions. I've used MCCC to make it so none of it happens autonomously in my game. I don't want to see my sims rummaging through trash. It's gross and not at all realistic to real life.

You must live in a very gentrified area. I see people rummaging through trash cans pretty much every time I leave the house.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    As long as I’ve been living, and in the numerous places I have lived, I have never seen anyone with my own two eyes rummaging through a trash can looking for anything. I literally only see that on tv. Well, tv and now The Sims lol.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I haven't seen dumpster diving, personally, but I know a lot of people - and I've done it myself - who will grab furniture and such from the alley when someone's throwing out something that just needs a bit of care, paint and/or elbow grease to make it usable again. So it all seems reasonable to me.

The Meat wall is a bit gross, I'll agree, but I also know that they're working on synthetic meat as a real thing, so ... there is that.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

You must live in a very gentrified area. I see people rummaging through trash cans pretty much every time I leave the house.

Yeah I live in a small village where people have better hygiene standards. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top