March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Bess ever start her business?

I've been giving her $1000 whenever she asks because what even is money in this game and I've gotten the option to call her out on it but I'm more curious to see whether she actually ever does anything with it.
&PHgr;

Comments

• simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    Yeah, I only donated once, then she called back to say it paid off and she wanted to give me a share of the profits and I got 25,000 simoleons.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Yea I got some 9000 return for 1000 investment.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have given her $1,000 on two different phone calls so far. Nothing yet. I made my sims become good friends with her so I imagine when they hang out and chat it's about the business. So it makes more sense than a random stranger asking another random stranger for money.
  • millers72011millers72011 Posts: 47 Member
    Hmm. I gave only $10 each time and she'd call and say it didn't work out.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The same for me, but my sim had given her $2,000. She said it didn't work out, better luck next time. Let's say from now on out Bess (in all future game saves) WON'T be getting any money from my sims.
    When does Bess tell you that it doesn't work out? Is it a random call or do you have the option to ask? I still haven't heard from her after the $2,000 my sim gave her.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It was a random phone call from her.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I ended up giving Bess 5k, and decided enough was enough and called her out for not paying it back. She acted all innocent and pretended she had forgotten. I really couldn't afford to keep throwing money away like that, my sim had around 1200 left herself. She was already dumpster diving and fabricating all day to make ends meet.

Not talked to Bess since, either. She won't call again, I suppose....too bad, my sims have done well, and are looking for investments.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I hope to get this call soon. I’m always desperate for ways to spend Simoleons!!!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited June 2020
    Pretty sure Bess is finessing people out of their money most of the time.

When it doesn't work out oh well it wasn't her money. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    My sim has easily given her close to 10K by now and has received nothing but friendship. My sim is a rich old lady too so I'm RPing it as Bess just taking advantage at this stage.
    &PHgr;
    I thought I would follow up on this post. Bess finally gave my sim $25,000 simoleons! I was pleasantly surprised. I did have my sim befriend her, so I'd like to think that had something to do with it. haha. That money was so helpful. My sims were able to build an addition to their house and still money left over. A good thing considering they had unexpected twins.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I haven't received anything from Bess yet. I'm not doing huge amounts because my SIm is on a budget. I haven't gotten a call from her that it's worked out or not though. Do you get a call that it doesn't work out? Or do you have to confront her to find out? Also, what happens when you do confront her?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yeah she does, I just kept giving her $1000 (I was rich at the time) and then she called back a few days later...giving me $25,000
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I thought I would follow up on this post. Bess finally gave my sim $25,000 simoleons! I was pleasantly surprised. I did have my sim befriend her, so I'd like to think that had something to do with it. haha. That money was so helpful. My sims were able to build an addition to their house and still money left over. A good thing considering they had unexpected twins.

No, I got the same amount and never talked to her. So ^^ You don't have to be her friend.