Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you buy packs from online?

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
I feel like online sites that sell packs are kind of a taboo thing, a lot of people love them and use them all the time whilst a lot of people don't trust them at all. So I was wondering, have you ever/do you ever use key sites to buy packs or do you stick to buying direct from Origin?

Do you buy packs from online? 92 votes

I usually use key sites
10%
jeepjeepcatalexspoom13alan650111IceyJAlrynnelanorbretonOnverserTaraIris94izecsonkazthe92 10 votes
I've used them in the past but don't use them regularly
13%
Mariefoxprice83JestTruKathykinsmusteniEvilyn_1007LairaUncagedSongbirdWispyeSimAlexandrianerdfashionRouensimsCelSims 12 votes
I always buy through Origin
76%
Akl500PcrocobauraBluegaylebshag4lvKita5399IcewolfBlkBarbiegalJueJueMi9shaoscarSimpatsyannsam123mcruddIsb917StrangerthanAnmirlamcorralalyssasim87goodcakebaker62Amj1995Chantico 70 votes

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    I usually use key sites
    When I played The Sims 3 I bought a lot through these sites as Origin still charges $20+ for packs whilst all of the TS3 packs are around $3 on these sites, I had one bad experience where I lost the key after a week but I contacted the site and got a full refund instantly. Its a grey market I guess but the savings are worth it a lot of the time
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Because I'm a console player I trust the PlayStation store more than a any other way to buy. Also this place has good sales in comparison to other places.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I have bought all my sims 4 packs from origin but i did bought 3 sims 3 packs from another site.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I bought Eco and IL through them as it was 35% off in the presale (Canadian) everything else I've gotten from Origin
  • Just_PeachyJust_Peachy Posts: 50 Member
    If I could save significant money by using a key site, I would, but I don't know which ones are truly reliable. Does anybody know of any reliable ones?
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited June 2020
    I never bought keys, but I'm interested in learning about them. I live in Canada, so everything costs substantially more. It's a little intimidating trying to figure it all out, though.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited June 2020
    i used to just buy physical copies before & at start of ts4 (which was a pain in all honesty cause what u need the boxes for+ game packs were so hard to even find)

but since i found out about origin gift cards being sold here i been using those and origin and things been much simpler
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Always Origin now. That way I can get it quickly. Without waiting 20 years for someone to grab me a copy from the games cabinet at Target or something.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Mostly & only when I can't get a game in the store.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited June 2020
    I bought a key for a bundle once. It was jungle adventure, fitness stuff, toddler stuff. There were some problems on my end which I managed to solve quickly with the site staff. I still came to the conclusion it would be better to buy from origin because of some stuff I read.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I usually use key sites
    A simple google search and reddit is enough to know whether certain 3rd party seller is trustworthy or not.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    I usually use key sites
    If I could save significant money by using a key site, I would, but I don't know which ones are truly reliable. Does anybody know of any reliable ones?
    Gordy wrote: ยป
    I never bought keys, but I'm interested in learning about them. I live in Canada, so everything costs substantially more. It's a little intimidating trying to figure it all out, though.

From what I've heard CDKeys is the most reliable and most popular one but I generally use G2A as it's often cheapest and they have a very good refunds policy. But you need to be careful with G2A as it's like Amazon so anyone can put stuff on there - just look at the user ratings before purchasing and you should be good, users with stars next to their name and 95%+ positive ratings are the best ones to go for, avoid the others.

• StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't enjoy waiting more than I have to, so I get them through Origin.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I buy them from Origin because I don't know if I should trust any other site.
  • RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    I use Origin only. I tried out the whole 'buy a key from a site' thing once and the packs got banned from my account, had to get a refund on them from the reseller and then I just asked EA to remove them all and let me rebuy them through Origin (which I did).

Moral of the story is just buy through Origin.
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2020
    With the Sims3, I always bought from my local Walmart, except for the store stuff.

Sims4- I pre-ordered because it had one of the very few bars I like, the tiki bar. Not crazy about bars. My Sims never have them or go to them, because I just don't get any play out of it, but the tiki bar goes great with beaches, poolside, and resorts. Also, I thought the flames were cute.

Since everything goes through Origin anyways, I don't see a reason for buying elsewhere.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I bought Kids Room Stuff on CD Keys, but I usually buy on Origin because it's safer.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I buy the EP codes in the nice physical boxes because I collect them and I want to support my local game store.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I don't have a game store anywhere near where I live, so buying a physical copy is difficult. Although, I did buy 3-4 EP's online, from a game/music chain in my country. Because I had gift cards. All the rest I've gotten through Origin. Also have Sims Medieval and TS2 UC there. Got TS3 on Steam 3 years ago.