Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Would you be happy to see The Sims evolving even if your system couldn't run it anymore?

Comments

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I don't care about Sims 5.
    As long as they don't "evolve" Sims 4 I'm fine. Sims 4 is my favorite game and I love it as it is. I don't like realistic graphics or realistic anything, so if evolving means that... Sims 5 can have it, it doesn't interest me, just leave Sims 4 alone.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Patrice wrote: »
    Hello Simmers!

I have windows10, with 64bit, will it support sims5?

Don't know the answer to your question, but my guess would be yes. Seems to me that while players have been slow, overall to upgrade — which I fully understand and have compassion for them. One isn't always able to allocate money to a new system. But despite it all, many have been able to play the game for quite some time on their older computer anyway. I suspect this would be the same for those on the slightly higher level of machine.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I was in this position with Sims 3. I was sad for a while, but I moved on with my life and waited until I was able to get a new computer. At the end of the day, it's nothing more than a game.

Time waits for no one. You cannot stop progress.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I voted for the top feature because I want Sims to always be all it can be. Games should always move forward. That said I’d of also voted for the I’ll enjoy the older games as well option because well I love Sims 2 and the Stories series and the PSP and GBA advanced games that came during that time, and I miss playing Sims 3 (Why couldn’t we vote for two options.

That said if Sims 5 came out tomorrow it wouldn’t be a complete game (It likely won’t come out for years because EA is still squeezing money... I mean games/features we want into the sims 4, so it’s going to go on for a year or two or four.)

So it could be many years before Sims 5 even gets announced and we all may have new computers by then, even if we don’t want to update (or can’t). I want EA to make a game assuming we have modern computers so they can make the best game they can. Look at where them wanting to make a game run on lower PCs got us... I’m a fan of Sims 4 but it took years to begin to feel complete. 😣

Heck it’s better they say Sims 5 will have higher specs upfront before it comes out so we can prepare to get computers that can handle them as well as the other sims games. It beats them going hey if you want to continue playing Sims 4 you have to buy a new computer to get the packs you want like they did with Sims 4‘ Discover University. I actually hated them for that we shouldn’t have to get new computers DURING a game cycle unless we want to.

But if they thought we had modern computers they would be more likely to work their butts off to make an amazing game. I want Sims 5 to be amazing but I will wait ten years for it. I want the Sims Series to go on forever. Heck I’d love Sims Stories type games (they were made to run on laptops) and another crack at a Sims Medieval type game. (But they need to spend time creating and testing the games I shouldn’t be afraid to play after getting the game I finally saved up for because of an update out of the blue.)

Hopefully I can finally mod Sims 3 to work on my computer in the future and continue to enjoy Sims 2 when Sims 5 eventually comes out one day.

(That said I also want to play Sims 2 forever.)
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Well, this is also assuming the game looks great and is actually worth buying... because The Sims seems to be losing touch with its fan base lately.

But, yes, assuming it's a great game and actually looks worth it, I will be more than happy to upgrade my PC to play it!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2020
    While I can enjoy an game that have decent graphics, I would like the game more if the graphics was decent and there was good gameplay as well. The graphics are nice in Sims 4 but the gameplay needs improvement for that will keep glued more than graphics. I played games before graphics cards was an thing (audio cards was the king back then) and more emphasis was put on gameplay.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    I just want a good game. If that means it requires more hardware, then okay. But the culling and dumbing down of TS4 is a huge disappointment and I do not want them to repeat it with TS5.
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    I already own a gaming rig and plan on upgrading, but I wouldn't upgrade just for one game.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Major reason why Sims 2 was bearable for so many is because it had both a desktop and laptop version with the Sims 2 and the Sims Life stories series. Sims 3 had the Sims Medieval for laptops. People got upset when Sims 4 was changed to 64 bit. There needs to be two versions or at least way to turn packs off because there is a point in every iteration in which Simmers can't keep up with tech or afford the DLC. Life stories was nice because those that liked more guided gameplay and limited finances could afford it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Play old games. I’m retired as is. Upgrades aren’t a possibility. Unless EA gives away a free up to date PC with purchase.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Maybe Sims 5 will be designed for the little computer phones since that's what the majority of people use now for games, instead of the 'high horsepower' computers? :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    For me just create the best game that they could do and I will happy about it. Most players in this games (sandbox) that I know are not huge gaming fan, mostly thinks that this is not a demanding game. Having Maxis to keep supporting in their older system is a huge miss. It happend with SimCity 2013. They can create larger maps, but in a blog post the reason why they didn't continue the project was because many of their players will not be able to handle it. They never give that a chance. Skylines even now needs a powerful pc to run with all the content yet still successful. A lot of people upgraded just to get that game. I don't want that to happen with the Sims. I mean the reason why we are getting small worlds are because of performance....
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited June 2020
    I love it how so many Sims players imply they are not really gaming fans.
    If you play the Sims so much and even buy expansion packs for it, you're a gamer! Simple as that.

Some of y'all are like "I've been playing The Sims for 5/10/15 years but I wouldn't call myself a gamer." What?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Lol I love how casually everyone is like yeah, I’d drop $2k+ upgrading my computer for the sims... Would you though?? Coz no shade to anyone, but there’s always people complaining about the price of the sims and it’s dlc, waiting for sales etc.. People were mad when they updated the specs of TS4..?

Personally I think this is why they are looking at console for sims 5 (if that rumour is true of course), everybody has the same state of the art gaming machines.. And at least from my perspective, people seem to have consoles over desktop computers these days anyways?

I have an IMac and PS4 Pro, and im way more likely to upgrade to a PS5 when that comes out, over a gaming pc.. Well, I would never upgrade to a gaming PC tbh, so I guess I would be out if that’s where they went? As nice as it’s been to have the sims 4, we have the sims 4.. They’ve done the whole stripped back, laptop friendly edition of the sims, that people can always go back and play, just like with 3 and 2. It would be interesting to see a sims game built with no restrictions, or at least fully designed for the current/next gen in gaming. What is the full potential of the sims?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Lol I love how casually everyone is like yeah, I’d drop $2k+ upgrading my computer for the sims... Would you though?? Coz no shade to anyone, but there’s always people complaining about the price of the sims and it’s dlc, waiting for sales etc.. People were mad when they updated the specs of TS4..?

Personally I think this is why they are looking at console for sims 5 (if that rumour is true of course), everybody has the same state of the art gaming machines.. And at least from my perspective, people seem to have consoles over desktop computers these days anyways?

I have an IMac and PS4 Pro, and im way more likely to upgrade to a PS5 when that comes out, over a gaming pc.. Well, I would never upgrade to a gaming PC tbh, so I guess I would be out if that’s where they went? As nice as it’s been to have the sims 4, we have the sims 4.. They’ve done the whole stripped back, laptop friendly edition of the sims, that people can always go back and play, just like with 3 and 2. It would be interesting to see a sims game built with no restrictions, or at least fully designed for the current/next gen in gaming. What is the full potential of the sims?

@ddd994 I don't think you got a few things right here. First they are not looking at a PS5 release for The Sims 5, they will release it on both PC and Consoles just like The Sims 4. The only reason we only know about the PS5 is because Sony as they own Playstation leaked that information, we don't know about the PC release yet because EA has that info and won't leak their own game.

Also who said you need a 2k Computer to play the Sims? No way! I'm just talking about upgrading one or two components of your PC for max. 100-200 Euros. Also a good gaming PC is not expensive at all. I got mine for 650€ and I can play games up to at least 2018 on high graphics let alone a Sims game.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes, I would like the sims to evolve. The sims should be like other games that asks for a bit more but gives back in return. I would upgrade my computer if I could get open world, color wheel, story progression, larger lots and better performance.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes..
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited June 2020
    As an idea I wouldn't mind upgrading my computer for the sims. However I'm not super interested in TS5 at this point and I don't think they would make big requirement changes to TS4. There would be two legacy versions which would be silly. That said TS5 would have to be absolutely stellar for me to go through the upgrades.
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    My gaming laptop can run bigger games with more realistic graphics than The Sims so I wouldn't need to upgrade per se.

I would love to see The Sims being upgraded, bc as of now Sims 4, to me, feels like a step back on a lot of fronts compared to previous installments.

However I do like that the game runs very smoothly even with tons of mods/cc.
  • Options
    wingweaver84wingweaver84 Posts: 81 Member
    Why would I go out and buy a new machine just because a newer game won't work on it? Like most of the people here,I'd just go back and play the older games in that case.
    A friendly reminder that Project Rene has not yet been confirmed as Sims 5.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    If you play the Sims so much and even buy expansion packs for it, you're a gamer! Simple as that.

Some of y'all are like "I've been playing The Sims for 5/10/15 years but I wouldn't call myself a gamer." What?

I believe this is a big part of EA’s difficulty with the Sims. It started out to be a game but a lot of people treat it like a toy - a dollhouse to be precise where they tell THEIR stories and do not like surprises or anything that would change the way their story progresses - and EA is trying to make it both and not succeeding very well.

I think if they could figure out a way to give the gamers the challenges and difficulty we want and a way to turn all that off in a sandbox mode for the story players. So they can have vampires and thunderstorms, etc. but only when THEY want them.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited June 2020

I attribute being a gamer to playing multiple games of countless genres. I personally am a parent first, and I also work outside my home with very little time for video games. I only play to relax, and only concentrate on 2 different game series. Fact is that I played the first iteration for 15 years and never wanted to invest in Sims 2 or Sims 3. So I am not really a gamer.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    @NorthDakotaGamer Are you sure? Cause your username says otherwise. Lol
  • Options
    _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I'm a console player ever since the Sims 1,2,3 and after they added the mouse and keyboard I think it is easier to play like this. I bought the Sims 4 game for PC since they had the gallery and I knew the console would not have that. Unfortunately I could not play it because I did not have an extremely good gamer computer therefore i never played it on PC again. When I did buy a gamer computer for professional reasons I did not find the space for the game in there as it demands so much. Plus there is no transfer of packs that you buy on console to PC people or PC people to console so that makes it even harder for people to want to transfer to another machine.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @NorthDakotaGamer Are you sure? Cause your username says otherwise. Lol

Well it is a generic family account name. It was what my family of 5 agreed was bland enough. My actual origin ID is Provs31simmer. Unfortunately, part of that was not allowed on the online forum when we signed up.