Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Skeilah yay, one of us! Do you have a preferred freezer bunny? :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    edited June 2020
    @NyteRose thank you for your support! I'll make sure to keep in touch with you if I need some advice. Hope you're doing well!

@Duvelina I'm also really looking forward to coming up with questions about my story during the discussion week. Having specific ones tailored to our own stories is such an interesting way of setting up a discussion!

@Skeilah it would be awesome to have your legacy here. I'll add you to the opening post, welcome to the circle!!♥

@_sims_Yimi that sounds like a good plan. Having each of us choose what aspects we want our discussions to focus on is perfect. I'm already furiously planning some discussion questions for the future :lol:

@mercuryfoam I totally feel you. Sometimes going back to polish up some things and edit is such a draining task, haha. I'm a perfectionist so I always wanted to do it since I started my story years ago and the first few chapters were... of a lesser quality, haha, so knowing some fresh eyes would be looking made me energized!

And just in general - so names in a hat it is! Hopefully we'll get one more member to complete the circle before Monday, but either way, I'm so excited to get started in just a few days. Get ready y'all :wink:
    Post edited by ajamkeevin on
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @_sims_Yimi yay! I’d like the blue one please^^

@Thank you!💕💕
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited June 2020
    @ajamkeevin You may use my new sig as a banner :D I will update the banner once in a while (I'm quite ahead as you can see, this next guy in my sig isn't even born yet in the published story HAHAH sneak peak much).
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I've been lurking a bit here after stumbling across this thread. I'd like to give a reading circle a try again. I looked at all of your stories and they look interesting. I'm hesitant to join mostly because I ran my own circle for several years and I had to end it for mental health reasons and it got to be too much to shoulder on my own after all of my co-leaders left. I also write really long stories and I have so many of them but my main story ( Ts3 story) is probably still my favorite and I'm not sure how many people still read TS3 stories. So if you're willing to take someone like me, I'm open to filling a spot. If I can't or you're looking for someone else, that's fine too. Happy reading!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited June 2020
    @AdamsEve1231 I think we shouldn't discriminate based on your game of choice. I love all games for their own reasons and I'd certainly be interested in reading your story if you do want to join. ☺
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Hi there! It doesn't matter which version of the sims you play. A story is a story and I'm personally a fan of your writing. :smile: If you do join us I look forward to reading whichever story you choose to share with us! :smiley:
    @AdamsEve1231 Hi! TS3 is absolutely fine! Like, even if you wrote a story with TS2 that would still be fine for me, but I played TS3 for a LOOOONG time because I enjoyed it so much. It would be great to see a little bit of it back!
    @Skeilah I love your new banner! It's so cute, I can't wait to see it fill up :wink:

@AdamsEve1231 I would love to read your story! TS3 is such a good game, so it would be really interesting to read a story based on that game since I only really started reading sims fic after TS4 came out. So now, all I have to say is... welcome to the circle!! Do you have a favorite freezer bunny? :smiley:
    @ajamkeevin Thanks! I’m also super curious!
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 I think we shouldn't discriminate based on your game of choice. I love all games for their own reasons and I'd certainly be interested in reading your story if you do want to join. ☺

Thank you @Duvelina. The premise of your story sounds really interesting. I kinda fail at family play but I like reading others' attempts.
    @AdamsEve1231 Hi there! It doesn't matter which version of the sims you play. A story is a story and I'm personally a fan of your writing. :smile: If you do join us I look forward to reading whichever story you choose to share with us! :smiley:

Thanks @mercuryfoam. I'm glad you like my writing. :) I've had Between 2 Worlds on my reading list for awhile.
    Skeilah wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 Hi! TS3 is absolutely fine! Like, even if you wrote a story with TS2 that would still be fine for me, but I played TS3 for a LOOOONG time because I enjoyed it so much. It would be great to see a little bit of it back!

Thank you, @Skeilah. I've barely played TS2, but I pull a lot from the lore in my stories. I'm getting ready to reboot my TS4 legacy challenge so I look forward to reading yours.
    ajamkeevin wrote: »
    @Skeilah I love your new banner! It's so cute, I can't wait to see it fill up :wink:

@AdamsEve1231 I would love to read your story! TS3 is such a good game, so it would be really interesting to read a story based on that game since I only really started reading sims fic after TS4 came out. So now, all I have to say is... welcome to the circle!! Do you have a favorite freezer bunny? :smiley:

Thanks for the welcome, @ajamkeevin. I'm really curious about your story too. I'm toying around with a sort-of televised bachelor challenge that's on hiatus right now.

The freezer bunnies are cute. I like a lot of them. But I think I'll take alien bunny. I have a whole world of lore for my Sims stories (I'm obsessed with worldbuilding). Haha. And I have a lot of alien races I've developed but the green skinned aliens are the primary villains of the star system.

I'll share my story and links and more thoughts tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Oooooh, we have a full party! I'm super excited for this :smiley:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    I'm excited too @_sims_Yimi. I'm really interested in your story about Camelot. I love medieval fantasy. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    All right! It's a full house, everyone~~ Are we all ready to get started? I've fully updated the opening and archive posts and everything is set to get started! In preparation for our first week of discussion, I've entered our stories into a random.org randomizer as a way to draw a name out of a hat. I'm thrilled to share that our first week of discussion will center around Ridley Residence by @Skeilah !

@Skeilah , as soon as you're ready, you can post a list of discussion questions and any other things you want us to focus on while we're reading your legacy! Also, I'll be linking your discussion question post in your section of the archive post (and each of our discussion question posts when we each get turns), just in case you easily want to go back to your specific discussion questions later on.

So are we all ready? I know I'm super excited to truly get into this! Hope you've all had a lovely weekend, and I'll be looking forward to getting into the discussion! Cheers, y'all~~♥
    Cool! Already read the first chapter in anticipation of tomorrow. 😁
    I'm totally ready and it's exiting to get the honor of being the first one. I'm going to give you some general questions first and then some other questions going from Chapter 1.1 to Chapter 1.9 (currently the newest post). The next time I'm up, I'll ask questions about Chapter 1.10 to where I am by that time and so on.

Here we go!
    General
    1. What were your first impressions on Liz?
    2. What do you think about the concept of my Legacy Challenge? It's not a normal Legacy Challenge but one related to the MySims Trophies.
    3. What do you think about the way I write my chapters?
    4. My Chapters are classified in Sim days. Do you (dis)like that?

Chapters
    2. Which parts in the available chapters did you (dis)like? Why is that?
    3. How do you like Ninja and Brent joining the Ridley family? What are your thoughts on these characters?
    4. Does everything in the story make sense for you?
    5. Is the story easy to follow? Do you need more information or less?
    6. What are you expecting for next episodes? (they are already played and written but not yet published but I like to see your thoughts about this)
    7. Any questions for me?
    Hi, @Skeilah ! We're stuck in meetings all day tomorrow, so I'm doing this a bit early :#
    General
    1. What were your first impressions on Liz?
    2. What do you think about the concept of my Legacy Challenge? It's not a normal Legacy Challenge but one related to the MySims Trophies.
    3. What do you think about the way I write my chapters?
    4. My Chapters are classified in Sim days. Do you (dis)like that?

Chapters
    2. Which parts in the available chapters did you (dis)like? Why is that?
    3. How do you like Ninja and Brent joining the Ridley family? What are your thoughts on these characters?
    4. Does everything in the story make sense for you?
    5. Is the story easy to follow? Do you need more information or less?
    6. What are you expecting for next episodes? (they are already played and written but not yet published but I like to see your thoughts about this)
    7. Any questions for me?
    General
    1. I liked her! As you already know, it really impressed me that she was randomized, yet came out looking so well. I like the possibilities for drama with her Clumsy and Gloomy trait, too (which is right in line with the Chef Gino traits and description, hehe).
    2. Overall, I like it! It’s very specific in its rules, and I love how it’s tied to the Mysims trophies. I used to love collecting those in my games. I don't think I've seen someone doing this particular challenge before.One thing I’m wondering – only kids of the opposite gender can become heirs, but what happens if Liz only has daughters?
    3. I like how from chapter 1.3 and onward, you’ve started having Liz comment on the in-game events in your writing. It shows a little of her personality, and it helps relate to her a little (as far as that’s possible with sims being sims, haha). I think it’s important to make her personality shine through, as well as that of her heirs later on – otherwise it’ll become easy to see them as the same person in different “skins” as the generations go by. This isn’t purely on the writer, by the way – the sims in TS4 are not really… unique in their day-to-day actions, like the ones in TS3 and TS2 were. I’m totally blaming EA for that. But that does make it harder to differentiate them over a long legacy. You're actually doing a really good job at this with both Brent and Liz in chapter 1.9!
    4. I think it’s fine! I do wonder what you’ll do if/when you hit a series of days where your sims are repeating the same tasks without changing much. Will you fast forward through those days, or write them as is?

Chapters
    1. I’m not entirely sure where the question went in your post, so have a heart smiley <3
    2. I like the – for lack of a better word – exciting parts: Liz getting Ninja, Liz kissing Brent, her asking him to marry her immediately after the dinner party, while you the player kept checking if he was over his divorce yet (made me chuckle xD), you the player shooing Brant away - moments like that. The parts with Liz doing mundane things are a little less interesting, but part of a gameplay-driven legacy, so don’t take that as a negative! ^^ My favourite moment I think was in chapter 1.9, where it started with you having lost Brent, finding him in the bathroom, and him being annoyed at you almost all day. :D
    3. I love Ninja, but you already knew that =) You the player being dead-set on Brent made me laugh, since the game tries very hard to keep those two a gay couple, to the point of Brant still trying to come over after they divorced and he got together with Liz. He’s a very good-looking sim, and I bet their children will be adorable!
    4. Yup! So far, so good.
    5. So far, it’s very easy to follow. Your writing is clear and to-the-point, and I like the little comments you throw in here and there. I do think Liz could have a little more personality (you’re actually doing a great job at this in chapter 1.9, both with Liz and Brent)– but again, that’s on EA more than the player. Also, I love how you have Chef Gino in a little blurb to the side of your chapters ^^
    6. Since Liz seems about ready to pop, I’m expecting the next chapter or the one after that to come bearing baby news. I’m also curious who will stay home to look after the sprout when both of them need to get back to work – or are their scheduled matched up in a way that there’s always someone at home?
    7. Okay, I have a few of them:
    - What made you decide to do a Mysims challenge, specifically? There’s a lot of non-standard legacy challenges out there. Was there something about this one that jumped out at you?
    - How does it play so far? It looks like you’re having fun writing the chapters, but how does the challenge itself play?
    - Also, 20 generations is a lot, so quite a challenge! What are your thoughts on reaching that high a number?
    - One thing I noticed – I can’t leave comments on individual chapters on your site. Is that on purpose?

Overall, I like your legacy so far! Liz and Brent are getting more personality with each chapter, and I'm very curious to see what their baby will look like in the future :)
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi hehe, you're fast indeed! I'm going to react on everything I think I need to react to. Thanks for all your answers!
    General
    2. The parents will keep on having new babies until there's one Sim of the opposite gender. If that's still not the case when the parents turn into elders (which I HIGHLY doubt but hey, you never know), then I'll just take someone who hasn't left the house yet :') I'm flexible.

3. Yeah, personality is a thing. I try my best to give everyone a personality, but sometimes that's quite difficult. I keep forgetting that Liz is actually gloomy but at some point she's way too addicted to food and stuff.

4. Sometimes I'll fast forward and in that case the chapters are quite short, but I try to make the days as changeable as I can make them. Positive side here: I can also focus on Brent and Ninja, and when the kids are born I can also focus on them.

Chapters
    1. Woops, something went wrong there. Thanks!

5. Those blurbs on the side of my chapters are there for every generation ^^ Those should help me remember the identity of Liz, but I also just like it :P

6. I'm quite flexible in my Legacy rules and I don't have a rule that says 'one of the parents NEEDS to stay home to take care of the kids'. If they're both not home, the kids will be sent to daycare.

What made you decide to do a Mysims challenge, specifically? There’s a lot of non-standard legacy challenges out there. Was there something about this one that jumped out at you?
    I'm someone who likes to achieve little goals. That's exactly what this challenge could give me. I also like variety. With those 20 different generations and totally different people, I also get that. I don't think I'll get bored from this challenge because it has so much to offer. I also played the 100 Baby Challenge for a while but I'm constantly doing the same there, and that actually bored me out, so this is really interesting.

How does it play so far? It looks like you’re having fun writing the chapters, but how does the challenge itself play?
    Actually, sometimes I want to throw the game out of the window :') It's actually quite difficult while actually playing it, but I manage to hide that in my story :P Once I'm actually writing, I forget about the struggles I had in-game and before I know it I'm playing and struggling again. It's a circle.

Also, 20 generations is a lot, so quite a challenge! What are your thoughts on reaching that high a number?
    I look forward to it! I get hyped up when I'm closer to the next generation because I can update my family tree, my banner gets an extra person, ... It's a long challenge, but I look forward to every minute of it!

One thing I noticed – I can’t leave comments on individual chapters on your site. Is that on purpose?
    Yeah I don't know why I closed the comments, but I know I did that. Now you said that, I can easily open them again :P

Oh yeah, I also wanted to show everyone this little update on the Ridley Residence. Can you spot it?

zpna82lx.png
    Just out of curiosity, how long do we have to read and respond? I saw somewhere earlier in the thread that you were thinking discussion throughout a week, but I wanted to make sure. I'm excited to read but some weeks I may be busier than others.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Skeilah wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I also wanted to show everyone this little update on the Ridley Residence. Can you spot it?

zpna82lx.png

Just in case this is a spoiler...
    What a cute freezer bunny! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 Yeah, discussion throughout the week. I post quite a lot for my own story, so I feel like you guys will have a ton to read after 6 weeks so I don't know if a week is doable for everyone in that case, but I do think we should stay on one week and if someone doesn't make it, maybe extend?
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Yes,15th to 21st if my memory serves me correctly. :smile:

I like pacing my readings and it looks like there's 9 posts so I'm doing 3 per day then answering the discussion questions on the fourth day so @Skeilah sorry, I'll be a little slow, but I like it this way so I can fully immerse myself in the journey. :smile:

@Duvelina I hear you on having many chapters. I'm writing the epilogue of mine so it's impossible for anyone to catch up in 7 days. When my week comes, I plan to ask you guys to read only a few chapters thinking (ch1 to 3 or 5 if ambitious) so it won't be overwhelming. I'll also prepare two questionaires: one for the few chapters and one for @_sims_Yimi and anyone who's all caught up at the end. Maybe you can try this. 😄
    @mercuryfoam Ah, sounds good. When my turn comes around, I'll see how far I am and how much would be okay to ask to read. My posts vary quite a bit in length, so what may be okay for me to read in a week may not be for someone else.

Anyway, if someone doesn't end up making it for some reason they should definitely not feel guilty and catch up in the following week if they are able to and let us know. It shouldn't be a problem. Everyone has times they are busier than others. ☺
    edited June 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 Yeah, discussion throughout the week. I post quite a lot for my own story, so I feel like you guys will have a ton to read after 6 weeks so I don't know if a week is doable for everyone in that case, but I do think we should stay on one week and if someone doesn't make it, maybe extend?

Haha yeah, I also write a lot. That's why I decided to post 3 times a week, but I'll just keep playing and writing. I already have all the spoiler material :P After six weeks my published story will be at Chapter 1.27 (=18 new chapters per turn). I think that's pretty doable since my chapters aren't that long.
    @AdamsEve1231 Yes,15th to 21st if my memory serves me correctly. :smile:

I like pacing my readings and it looks like there's 9 posts so I'm doing 3 per day then answering the discussion questions on the fourth day so @Skeilah sorry, I'll be a little slow, but I like it this way so I can fully immerse myself in the journey. :smile:

@Duvelina I hear you on having many chapters. I'm writing the epilogue of mine so it's impossible for anyone to catch up in 7 days. When my week comes, I plan to ask you guys to read only a few chapters thinking (ch1 to 3 or 5 if ambitious) so it won't be overwhelming. I'll also prepare two questionaires: one for the few chapters and one for @_sims_Yimi and anyone who's all caught up at the end. Maybe you can try this. 😄

That's totally allright! You may read and answer the questions as you like it most. You can still do it that way when it's my next turn :P Read 3 every day and answer the questions on the last one, hahahaha!

---

EDIT: Chapter 1.10 came out today, but of course you don't need to read that chapter for the questions :) Chapter 1.10 and further are for the next ride.