Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100 Baby Challenge

Sooo, I've decided to jump on board and take a swing at the 100 Baby Challenge....Yaaaayyy Meeee!! LoL

My question is though, do you guys play this challenge with any MODs in your gameplay?

I just added MODs to my game and only have a few like MCCC, Slice of Life, and Meaningful Stories but are these allowed?

I know, NO CHEATS, but I didn't know if these MOD's could potentially set me back in the challenge in anyway or if they were okay.

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2020
    I know the rules say no mods but I think that it's fine to use mods so long as you don't use them to get an advantage :) and anyway, it's your game so you can play how you like! I have MCCC but when I played the 100 baby challenge I changed all the settings to EA defaults and didn't use it to cheat.

I did use MCCC for one thing though. My 'matriarch' was Vlad and since I wanted him to give birth to all the kids, I used MCCC to make it so that whenever a male and a female sim tried for a baby the male sim was the one who got pregnant and whenever two sims of the same gender tried for a baby it was the instigator who got pregnant (this meant that it was always Vlad who got pregnant whether he tried for a baby with a male or female sim). MCCC can be useful for things like this.

I also used MCCC to impregnate Vlad with the Grim Reaper's babies and to impregnate him with Mimsy Shallot's baby since you can't try for a baby with the grim reaper or with a ghost. That's cheating but I really wanted their genetics!

I think it's fine to bend the rules a little to suit your own playstyle anyway. Lots of people do. My main offence was using a vampire matriarch (well, patriarch).
  • Options
    SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    I think it's perfectly fine to have mods in your game. I use UI cheats and MCCC, but I didn't use them (until my game crashed and I had to use cheats to put myself back) and I do have the monster under the bed turned off. ;) Like Maggie said, you can bend the rules however you like!
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
  • Options
    Tabbie88Tabbie88 Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2020
    Thank you @MaggieMarley and @SimmerOfAges , I started off playing by the rules but maaaannn a house full of kids and 8 people altogether...Haaa I'm going crazy!! LoL

So yeah, I'm tweaking the rules just a little and playing to make MY experience a good one. I appreciate the feedback!

And @MaggieMarley that sounds sooo kool!! I didn't even know you could do all that with MCCC
  • Options
    DCJ504DCJ504 Posts: 116 Member
    I made two attempts at the 100 baby challenge with the rules as posted, and only got to about the third or fourth pregnancy. So I made my own rules.