Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would Eco living be worth the price?

2...Next

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Normally I don't think packs are worth their full price. This one though... I don't regret it at all and I'm having the most fun with this pack and more fun than I've had than any of the other packs released in the past year! (I was supposed to love ROM but that went kinda meh for me).

Totally depends how you like to play though. I love rags to riches and this adds game play to that and the BB and CAS really adds to the aesthetic of playing dirt poor. (Literally dirt haha). IMO, the CAS and BB in this pack are the best they've come out with yet and I'm loving juice fizzing and my sims making their own furniture. Candle making is slightly boring but I do love that they can do it, sims needed more crafting, (again, my opinion).

Bugs are there, as in any new release. The most game breaking for me personally was the pre-patch that didn't let me load my saves but they did fix that a few hours before EL dropped in my country so that shouldn't be a problem anymore. The NAPS I don't feel work as they should, however I do think that was the intention, they just weren't well thought out on a grander scale. They were meant for you to play one sim in one neighbourhood and basically never leave your area (I think). I'm hoping that they do address this issue since there is a huge public outcry and they tone them down a bit. Fix the glitch that all townies get all naps from all hoods. I've turned them off for now, and I would recommend that if you do get the game, you go straight into settings and disable it so that only your sim controls them as it will get quite messy and end up glitching if you don't.

Over all though, I've had way more fun with this pack than I've had glitches/bugs. It would be nice if the eco-footprint made a bit more sense and if NAPS worked differently so they weren't so damaging. Considering those are the 2 main features, I've a feeling the sims team is on it. However there is still a ton of fun to be had with this pack and, like I said before, I don't regret the full price that I've paid. If you play rags to riches, this pack is a must have (IMO) but whether or not it's worth full price is up to you.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    I think it's worth it depending on your personality and style of play. If you're into making things green, helping the planet, recycling, having your Sims craft things from scratch, it'll probably appeal to you but if you're not into those things in real life eh... maybe not so much. Nothing can be a bigger waste of money for me than Dine Out but there are some that like it. So Maxis does have like 24 hour return period. You can always download, try it out and return if you don't like it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No. The very reasons why people bought this pack are broken. Day one, it came with a slew of bugs, even the very main features. And not only that but has broken other packs and gameplay, too. Which will take months if not years to see any fixes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    edited June 2020
    A couple of fixes have been released for some of the initial bugs. If you're not sure I'd recommend waiting for a sale. 🙂
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    For me, it was. I was originally planning to wait until it went on sale and/or the early bugs were resolved. But after a few days, I decided to go for it, and I definitely feel like I have gotten (and will continue to get) my money's worth out of it. It's not perfect, no pack is, there are definitely things I would have approached differently. But on the whole, it's a lot of fun and has added functionality to my game that I expect to be able to incorporate into my gameplay for a long time.
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    No. I would wait to buy it on sale. It’s not worth your time or money.