Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Question Thread

Comments

• stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    In relation to the eco footprint:

I had this same issue. Moved to Sulani (where the sunken boat is) as there are only three lots. Built a community lot, added some solar panels and a dew collector to the boat lot and then created my own eco home.

Despite only having one active household (no-one lives in the boat), my community lot is full of people and I am now permanently green!!

I have done far too many things differently so there are too many variants to try and figure out which one caused the permanent green status but the big thing I did was move from the new world.

• stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    When using the hiddenobjects cheat, I found some kind of veggie "beef jerky" (don´t know the english term) as harvestable objects from the cruelty free plant besides the regular false "meat". Does anyone know how I can get this via gameplay and for what I can use it? I already tried stop watering, but even after I week I just got the normal "beef".
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    stenopelix wrote: »
    When using the hiddenobjects cheat, I found some kind of veggie "beef jerky" (don´t know the english term) as harvestable objects from the cruelty free plant besides the regular false "meat". Does anyone know how I can get this via gameplay and for what I can use it? I already tried stop watering, but even after I week I just got the normal "beef".

I think I recall SimGuru George said the planter has to catch on fire first from the livestream.
    edited June 2020
    orenjiAi wrote: »

I think I recall SimGuru George said the planter has to catch on fire first from the livestream.

Thank you, I will try this with my witch who can ignite anything.

Edit: Mmh, when the fire was exstiguished, my Sim had the option to harvest burnt "meat", but when she did it apperared in her inventory as normal "meat". I cheated a beef jerky and she ate it, but it didn´t give her any special moodlet.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member

Thank you, I will try this with my witch who can ignite anything.

I actually rewatched the stream and it was SimGuru Sarah who said that you have to let the meat wall die out and dry up to get jerky. Setting it on fire will give you cooked steak. Sorry for the confusion.

I actually rewatched the stream and it was SimGuru Sarah who said that you have to let the meat wall die out and dry up to get jerky. Setting it on fire will give you cooked steak. Sorry for the confusion.

Don´t mind, those are interesting hints and I will watch the stream. I avoid it most times so I wont get spoilers.
  • millers72011millers72011 Posts: 47 Member
    Does anyone know if there's a cheat to get the meat wall? I know you can get it in the new career but my sim is a freegan and doesn't want to work. I still want to play with the meat wall though!
  • CaraRoboCaraRobo Posts: 2 New Member
    Is anyone else having an issue where the new recipes for Eco Lifestyle aren't showing up? Like the ones you make with the cricket flour and the grubs?
  • PenguinBudgiePenguinBudgie Posts: 44 Member
    CaraRobo wrote: »
    Is anyone else having an issue where the new recipes for Eco Lifestyle aren't showing up? Like the ones you make with the cricket flour and the grubs?

I'm not having the issue in my game, but I know each one has a different cooking skill level, and even if your Sim has the appropriate level, they require ingredients from the insect farm until you're able to cook them. I think the Beetle Stir-Fry is level 7 or 9, the cricket dish around level 3 or 4, and I'm not sure of the others. Maybe try raising some insects and/or increasing your Sims cooking skill?
  • CaraRoboCaraRobo Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="PenguinBudgie;c-17540535"][quote="CaraRobo;c-17540515"]Is anyone else having an issue where the new recipes for Eco Lifestyle aren't showing up? Like the ones you make with the cricket flour and the grubs?[/quote]

I'm not having the issue in my game, but I know each one has a different cooking skill level, and even if your Sim has the appropriate level, they require ingredients from the insect farm until you're able to cook them. I think the Beetle Stir-Fry is level 7 or 9, the cricket dish around level 3 or 4, and I'm not sure of the others. Maybe try raising some insects and/or increasing your Sims cooking skill?[/quote]

My sim is level 10 cooking and I have raised beetles crickets and grubs and have all ingredients in my inventory. I have even tried to repair my game to see if that would help but no luck :(
  • bratt_sniperbratt_sniper Posts: 349 Member
    Hi everyone!

I turned the public park in Del Sol Valley into a community space in the hopes of turning it into a marketplace. Unfortunately, when I brought my sims there (who are residents of Del Sol valley), it says I cannot vote on it. Any idea why?
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Hi everyone!

I turned the public park in Del Sol Valley into a community space in the hopes of turning it into a marketplace. Unfortunately, when I brought my sims there (who are residents of Del Sol valley), it says I cannot vote on it. Any idea why?

Unfortunately community spaces are by neighborhood basis not world. So you have to add one to your sims neighborhood to be able to vote on it.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Why does my sims eco footprint go green one day and then the next day it's back in neutral? It all feels rather pointless if this is how it's meant to be. I thought I would be making some real changes to my sims environments but honestly it's a lot of effort for little reward if I'm only going to get a green day here and there and then it's back to neutral. I feel like I'm wasting my time and I'm getting fed up and frustrated with it.

I've not played enough to know for sure, but my impression is that at some point the footprint is on the border between two statuses, and might often fluctuate. After more play it might move along in either direction and stabilize a bit more. This far I've been building, buying and planning more than actually playing, and I'm pretty sure the hours played per lot has a greater effect re stabilizing. The more lots played/visited, the clearer footprint.

This might also depend on chosen N.A.P.s. If they kind of conflicts I assume it gets harder making a change to the footprint, as you get rewarded for changes in both directions.

In fact I like how this pack leaves us guessing :) There might be some bugs in the mix, but I hope it's not meant to be very straight forward and a quick thing to change footprint. I believe the best thing is to play normally, not really trying too hard, and changes will come anyway in the long run :)

I guess that makes sense. I do play rotational so I guess only time will tell if it eventually settles down with more families contributing to the eco footprint. I am actually really enjoying working towards making my neighbourhood a green zone. I got frustrated cause it started to feel like all my efforts were in vain.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

I'm not having the issue in my game, but I know each one has a different cooking skill level, and even if your Sim has the appropriate level, they require ingredients from the insect farm until you're able to cook them. I think the Beetle Stir-Fry is level 7 or 9, the cricket dish around level 3 or 4, and I'm not sure of the others. Maybe try raising some insects and/or increasing your Sims cooking skill?

My sim is level 10 cooking and I have raised beetles crickets and grubs and have all ingredients in my inventory. I have even tried to repair my game to see if that would help but no luck :(

Do you have any mods related to cooking or custom ingredients? If so, take them out and see if it works without them.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Does anyone know if there's a cheat to get the meat wall? I know you can get it in the new career but my sim is a freegan and doesn't want to work. I still want to play with the meat wall though!

lilmssams has a mod for it:- https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/620274552994512896/new-random-small-mod I wasn't able to find a cheat in game for it.

If you don't wish to use a mod then cheat a sim up in the career and have them go over to your sims house to turn a regular vertical planter into a meat wall for your sim.
  • bratt_sniperbratt_sniper Posts: 349 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Unfortunately community spaces are by neighborhood basis not world. So you have to add one to your sims neighborhood to be able to vote on it.

Ohhh! So simply re-designating the public park or any other community lot as a community space won't do the trick?
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited June 2020
    I’ve found that editing your neighborhoods homes and businesses to be Eco friendly and upgrading their electronics and plumbing can help you stay in the “Green”. NPC’s won’t do anything to help despite the N.A.P.’s you have in place. I‘ve tested this with all 3 neighborhoods in Evergreen Harbor and in the Windenburg neighborhood Windslar.

Has any successfully made or acquired a “Jerky Cube“? I saw it “show hidden objects” and was wondering how you can unlock them? I have 4 meat walls but haven’t come across the “Jerky Cube” in the civil design career.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    Where can you purchase eco parts? They don't show up on the computers options.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Where can you purchase eco parts? They don't show up on the computers options.

You can’t you have to make them in the fabricator or get lucky and find one rummaging.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    This is something probably obvious that I've just missed, but how do you dye stuff. I have 3 or 4 dyes in my inventory and made hand dipped candles and a rug but couldn't figure out the option on how to dye them?

PDWxp40.jpg
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    It’s in the options when you make them @lsnishi When you’ve clicked on the item you want to make, you can then scroll down to choose which dye you’d like to use, each one is listed individually and greyed out if you don’t have that dye
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have the city living pack; so a landlord telling me to pay my rent in the eco lifestyle apartment isn't a bug, right?
    Post edited by aelias24 on
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    It’s in the options when you make them @lsnishi When you’ve clicked on the item you want to make, you can then scroll down to choose which dye you’d like to use, each one is listed individually and greyed out if you don’t have that dye

Ahh, I didn't scroll down. I knew it was something I missed. Thank you @AliSim19!

PDWxp40.jpg
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,943 Member
    aelias24 wrote: »
    I have the city living pack; so a landlord telling me to pay my rent in the eco lifestyle apartment isn't a bug, right?

It's not a bug.
  • millers72011millers72011 Posts: 47 Member
    I have three questions/ conerns: [playing in port promise]

1. The eco footprint keeps changing back to neutral even though nothing on my lot has changed or on any other lot as far as I know.

2. I've had the green initiative in place for 2 sim weeks. I haven't gotten any notifications about changes happening. There are now solar panels on the containers, trees and grass growing on the railroad, but the big industrial things don't have the murals on them, and the water in the big circle things still looks murky. How long does it take for the initiative to fully change the neighborhood? Should I be seeing all of the changes by now?

3. The neighborhood still has trash everywhere (port promise). Is this because of the eco footprint or some issue with the green initiative in place?