Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disgusting Concepts

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    It's about time we got some grittier content. The entire rest of the game is Utopian. It's boring.

I'm starting to think I should get the pack after all. I've been turned off by the prospect of it being too goody-goody, politically correct, do-right and living green happiness. I mean, you have to hug your bugs to nurture them. How overly nicey-nice is that? If I can avoid all the recycling and goody stuff, I'll consider it more seriously for the weird and trashy content.

At this point I'm just afraid of the game bugs that people are getting.
    #Team Occult
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    ... But the meat wall was just to odd for me. Massage the meat. Name the meat.

Ew, no way, really?

I saw the meat wall thing and the dumpster woohoo in the trailers and thought it was kind of gross too. Those ear gauge things ick me out too. lol

• dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I still think Sims should gain Fitness skill when they massage the meat.

Or they build muscle in their arms ;)
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    The wall of meat and the dumpster diving are completely optional -- and the latter is a fun option considering that there are people who, despite being able to buy food, enjoy paying the back of grocery stores a visit and liberating food that's officially expired but still perfectly safe. I'm not interested enough in the concept to do it personally, but I like letting my Sims do it now.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Meat walls...who wants that in their house? Are the Sims turning into 'Silent Hill'? WooHoo in a dumpster...there's nothing quite like saying 'I Love You' unless you've woohooed in a dumpster. Dumpster diving is equally uncool...that's what rats do! Literally!
    I'm so disappointed in this expansion...total let-down from start to finish. Bug growing and harvesting for fuel and food? Really??
    It's disgusting!...and I'm a poor working class guy! But this is grim and certainly not fun!

I fully agree with you, though disgusting and degrading are far too kind a way to express what this pack presents. Also agree there is political motive involved, almost a propaganda effort to make living in unspeakble poverty cool.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    The wall of meat and the dumpster diving are completely optional -- and the latter is a fun option considering that there are people who, despite being able to buy food, enjoy paying the back of grocery stores a visit and liberating food that's officially expired but still perfectly safe. I'm not interested enough in the concept to do it personally, but I like letting my Sims do it now.

I'll stay clear of the bugs (tried it, too high maintenance) and the meat wall.

But dumpsters are awesome. My sim found a Schmapple fridge there today, 14k profit for a 30 second job. Not that lucky every time, though, but I've found some nifty stuff in there. If the dumpster is empty, throw in a piece of trash or even a dirty plate and you can dive right in again.

Don't care about the woohoo stuff, or the napping. Gross stuff. Just like bugs/meat wall.
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    It's completely optional though. No one is saying you have to do those. Also dumpster diving is not new and the sims is quite known to have people woohooing in less than ideal places. Do I plan to do any of that stuff? No, but someone most likely enjoys it.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Goofy is one thing, having one's gaming negatively inpacted by things one finds abhorrant is another. We may be dealing with pixels here, but when I'm pixelating I prefer to not be in a dump world. This is yet another pack I'm not getting
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm utterly disgusted with all the dumpster interactions. I've used MCCC to make it so none of it happens autonomously in my game. I don't want to see my sims rummaging through trash. It's gross and not at all realistic to real life.

The meat wall will most likely be completely ignored in my game as well.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Goofy is one thing, having one's gaming negatively inpacted by things one finds abhorrant is another. We may be dealing with pixels here, but when I'm pixelating I prefer to not be in a dump world. This is yet another pack I'm not getting

We are also free to not deal with meat walls and dumpster woohoo. It's 100 percent optional and therefore invalidates complaints about it.

Don't be complaining about something others want in their game.

You seem awful defensive about this person's dislikes of dumpster themed dislikes....

...Like dude...let the guy dislike it without being lectured...
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    It's about time we got some grittier content. The entire rest of the game is Utopian. It's boring.

I'm starting to think I should get the pack after all. I've been turned off by the prospect of it being too goody-goody, politically correct, do-right and living green happiness. I mean, you have to hug your bugs to nurture them. How overly nicey-nice is that? If I can avoid all the recycling and goody stuff, I'll consider it more seriously for the weird and trashy content.

Most def. get it on sale...with the amount of bugs I have in my game, I can say for sure, NOT worth full price. :)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Makes me wonder if the flies just stay accumulated at the trash can and no twhen sims are junking up their home. Should see how that goes. I see flies can still linger around stinky trash for awhile even after it's emptied kinda like that as well as fly death.

Maybe I'm just odd and like an industrial and grody nature of a world cause it's very much different from the other worlds. :) Kinda wish the other worlds would have trash accumulate in it but oh well.

I like that when they change to industrial a sims hygiene goes down. Definitely nice touch.
    5vJrxmT.png

Most def. get it on sale...with the amount of bugs I have in my game, I can say for sure, NOT worth full price. :)

Yeah, if I get it, it will be in a sale, like I did with Get Famous. That's usually what I do when I only really want half of the EP.
    #Team Occult
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member

I've been trashing up the place for the most part in the game. San Mynshuno looks pretty good as a dirty city~ Haven't really pushed my sims to be 'greener' they just been blisfully dumpster diving or just making a living getting buy making totally non-flammable candles and kommmmmmbuuuuchhhhhaaaaa~ Least it works for some sims and their hippie lifestyle.
    5vJrxmT.png
    LadyKyn wrote: »

I've been trashing up the place for the most part in the game. San Mynshuno looks pretty good as a dirty city~ Haven't really pushed my sims to be 'greener' they just been blisfully dumpster diving or just making a living getting buy making totally non-flammable candles and kommmmmmbuuuuchhhhhaaaaa~ Least it works for some sims and their hippie lifestyle.

I definitely am curious to see San Myshuno look a little sloppier. It needs a ghetto. ☺️
    #Team Occult
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    it seems weird and unsanitry, raw meat on a wall? Hanging outside in the heat?? Are they trying to kill our sims off? And is it even real meat? Or some recyled grossness? Questions that need answers..
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Tony89 wrote: »
    it seems weird and unsanitry, raw meat on a wall? Hanging outside in the heat?? Are they trying to kill our sims off? And is it even real meat? Or some recyled grossness? Questions that need answers..

It's not real meat, just some type of raw meat looking climbing plant of unspecified origin. Guess the pollution in Evergreen Harbour is worse than we are told. It is rather gross looking.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think it's funny. It's very Sims-esque. If you don't want to do it, don't, but don't rain on people's parades if they're having fun with it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2020
    Wow I have been totally loving this pack. Many players love the dystopia life style and I am one of them my sims have been living in trash, eating bugs, diving in dumpersters etc etc. And this makes me extremely happy. Yes I know that sounds bad😆😆😆 but I was so tired of the rich perfect dollhouse suburbs life. It was about time we got something like this. It's not the end of the world theme I badly want but it's close enough that I'll just settle for zombies to complete my sim dream 🥰🥰🥰

But that's the beauty of this game we all play differently. I had no interest in university (a pack many love) and still don't.

Well... going off to smash roaches 😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    There's nothing quite like some roasted crickets for tea followed by a snooze in the rat-infested dumpster behind the local dive bar :D

It's a good job the world is full of people with varied likes and dislikes otherwise it would be pretty boring. Me, I'm loving a bit o' grime.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top