Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited June 2020
    I wanted to buy Eco Lifestyle but now I changed my mind after seeing in-depth reviews and gameplay and I think it might be the worst expansion pack release for The Sims 4 so far.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I wish we didn’t have Game Changers. Some people follow the Game Changers’ opinions too closely instead of formulating their own opinions.

I wish the Game Changers were all different ages and not almost all of them under 25. It's ageist to assume every one of us is under 25 that plays the sims and that the under 25 demographics are the only ones buying the packs. I watch the Game Changers on YouTube and Twitch but don't let their excitement as the official hype people sway whether I get a pack or not. I wish one of them didn't do the hype person advert and would tell us they really hate the pack. It is another disappointment in a long line of disappointments. They need at least one person totally jaded and mod dependent as a Game Changer. We'll call them the Anti-Hype Squad. They'll act as the voice of reason every time Sims 4 gives us another pack that is almost there but not quite yet.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    I wish we didn’t have Game Changers. Some people follow the Game Changers’ opinions too closely instead of formulating their own opinions.

I wish the Game Changers were all different ages and not almost all of them under 25. It's ageist to assume every one of us is under 25 that plays the sims and that the under 25 demographics are the only ones buying the packs. I watch the Game Changers on YouTube and Twitch but don't let their excitement as the official hype people sway whether I get a pack or not. I wish one of them didn't do the hype person advert and would tell us they really hate the pack. It is another disappointment in a long line of disappointments. They need at least one person totally jaded and mod dependent as a Game Changer. We'll call them the Anti-Hype Squad. They'll act as the voice of reason every time Sims 4 gives us another pack that is almost there but not quite yet.

That's why I mostly wait for LGR to do his reviews before buying a pack (unless it's a pack I really want) because he's over 25 and doesn't get caught up in the hype, plus I love how cynical his reviews are. Granted he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think he manages to portray an honest look at expansion, game and stuff packs that focuses on the pros and cons of a pack.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

That's why I mostly wait for LGR to do his reviews before buying a pack (unless it's a pack I really want) because he's over 25 and doesn't get caught up in the hype, plus I love how cynical his reviews are. Granted he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think he manages to portray an honest look at expansion, game and stuff packs that focuses on the pros and cons of a pack.

From what I've seen, the fact that I don't like LGR is probably an unpopular opinion haha! So I'll add it here. His videos feel at best, boring, to me, and a lot of the time seem fake. I feel like his criticism is more for views than anything else, just the feeling I get listening to him. But I know most disagree so I just stay out of the threads about him haha! But since this is unpopular opinions I"ll put it here.

The other game changers, I don't watch most, there's a few I like, but not for their opinions as I usually disagree with them, Carl is one exampleh haha! 90% of the time I disagree with what he has to say, but I like his videos anyways cuz they jsut feel more honest to me and I like his voice lol. I listen to them for entertainment only, not their opinion since yeah, I usually disagree. (Kelsey, James, Seri, & Deli I enjoy, don't like watching ENglish Simmer or Plumbella or Claire... Little Simsie and LaurenZ are alright but I like maybe 50%? )

I think my other unpopular opinions would be:
    1) I don't care if we get farms or cars... I'm kinda "meh" on the themes.
    2) No interest in more occult packs
    3) I like sims personalities as they are, don't want them revamped or turn on/turn offs added
    4) I don't want colour wheels
    5) Open World is not important to me. I don't care about it one way or another as long as we could freely travel between worlds still. If we couldn't I wouldn't want it.
    6) Babies & Toddlers are the funnest stage to play, followed by kids.
    7) Sims 4 is the best game in the series so far.
    8) Island Living is the best pack in SIms 4 so far.
    9) My First Pet is one of the top stuff packs (I go back and forth for #1 with it tied with Laundry)
    10) Ugh... I wanted to make this an even 10 but my other opinions might be more popular haha! If I think of something I'll edit it in!

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020

From what I've seen, the fact that I don't like LGR is probably an unpopular opinion haha! So I'll add it here. His videos feel at best, boring, to me, and a lot of the time seem fake. I feel like his criticism is more for views than anything else, just the feeling I get listening to him. But I know most disagree so I just stay out of the threads about him haha! But since this is unpopular opinions I"ll put it here.

The other game changers, I don't watch most, there's a few I like, but not for their opinions as I usually disagree with them, Carl is one exampleh haha! 90% of the time I disagree with what he has to say, but I like his videos anyways cuz they jsut feel more honest to me and I like his voice lol. I listen to them for entertainment only, not their opinion since yeah, I usually disagree. (Kelsey, James, Seri, & Deli I enjoy, don't like watching ENglish Simmer or Plumbella or Claire... Little Simsie and LaurenZ are alright but I like maybe 50%? )

3) I like sims personalities as they are, don't want them revamped or turn on/turn offs added
    5) Open World is not important to me. I don't care about it one way or another as long as we could freely travel between worlds still. If we couldn't I wouldn't want it.
    9) My First Pet is one of the top stuff packs (I go back and forth for #1 with it tied with Laundry)
    10) Ugh... I wanted to make this an even 10 but my other opinions might be more popular haha! If I think of something I'll edit it in!

^^ Just curious, why do you not like Plumbella, totally serious question. Although I don't agree with you on LGR, but I am not gonna be mean, I am just legit curious <3.

I don't really care if we get cars or not..I am also meh about them.

I agree 100% toddlers are the funniest funnest by far <3. (lol typo, but they are funny too.)

• Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I honestly can’t tell the difference between young adults and adults when EA makes them. I remake half of my YA sims look as young as possible on purpose because young adult age is when your sometimes still figuring life out and that screams youth, and since we can’t really do this for teens I do this kind of play for my younger YA sims. When a YA sim has a kid of their own and everything more or less figured out I let them look more grown up.

(I also age down the leader of the Paragons and her boyfriend so they are an all teen clique (they treat every day like Wednesday.)

I actually really like how we can change Aspirations while working on them... Now if we only had like 20 more of them.

At this rate teens need their own height as much we need preteens... Also elder sims were fine before EA made them look and act like they were on deaths bed.

I honestly prefer the Sims 2 style of playing families... Let me explain when I leave a lot it’s just as I left it when I returned to play it again I don’t want my sims missing work, bills, having their needs, pets, kids taken away just because I play a different family for a while.
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

^^ Just curious, why do you not like Plumbella, totally serious question. Although I don't agree with you on LGR, but I am not gonna be mean, I am just legit curious <3.

I agree 100% toddlers are the funniest funnest by far <3. (lol typo, but they are funny too.)

I don't like Plumbella's videos for two reasons... 1) Too much cursing (I get it, some people like it, I don't. I don't swear myself at all, as in never have, and while I'm usually not bothered in the slightest when others do, it feels very overboard in her videos to me.) and 2) THis one is the main reason and more important, but I just don't find her that entertaining and get bored very quickly watching. Just not my style of video.

(Also want to point out for anyone who misinterprets, I'm not saying I don't like the vloggers themselves, I don't know them, haha! Just that their videos aren't my style. I'm sure they are all great people irl and I'd never say hateful things in their comments or anything like that, they are people and deserve respect like everyone else, I just don't usually watch haha)

And agreed haha, toddlers are funny AND fun lol.

Also, I just noticed that I should have put my game changer opinion as the missing number 10 on my list... *facepalm*
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I don't like Plumbella's videos for two reasons... 1) Too much cursing (I get it, some people like it, I don't. I don't swear myself at all, as in never have, and while I'm usually not bothered in the slightest when others do, it feels very overboard in her videos to me.) and 2) THis one is the main reason and more important, but I just don't find her that entertaining and get bored very quickly watching. Just not my style of video.

(Also want to point out for anyone who misinterprets, I'm not saying I don't like the vloggers themselves, I don't know them, haha! Just that their videos aren't my style. I'm sure they are all great people irl and I'd never say hateful things in their comments or anything like that, they are people and deserve respect like everyone else, I just don't usually watch haha)

And agreed haha, toddlers are funny AND fun lol.

Also, I just noticed that I should have put my game changer opinion as the missing number 10 on my list... *facepalm*

Hey that's valid, on the other hand I don't mind cursing (because I cuss like a Sailor all day every day.) but that's totally fine, not everyone does :3 and I understand why they don't like it.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    I prefer single or 2 sims play at a time.
    I don't enjoy washing clothes in game.
    It's enough to do it everyday in real life.
    I don't like to get the random popup questions during rabbithole work.
    Seasons is disabled in my game as I don't like the events on calendar and feel like too much hassle with the weather.
    I don't like parenthood pack as I don't enjoy spreading the stuff on floor.
    I don't like the emotion system of TS4.
    All sims do the same things over and over depends on what emotion they have.
    I don't think cars or bicycles are needed in TS4.
    I wish it would be open world each zone.
    For examples, if I live in Spice market of San Mychuno,
    it's available to visit Karaoke lot or visit neighborhood in apartments without loading.
    Of course, the loading is needed if I move to Uptown zone of San Mychuno.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I think it's an unpopular opinion now that I actually like Clare Siobhan and she's the only simmer I watch on YouTube. I do feel like she might have a younger fanbase than other Game Changers. Whenever I look on Twitter I feel slightly awkward looking at the replies and only seeing fan accounts squealing with profile pictures of Clare.
  • Options
    lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    I think it's an unpopular opinion now that I actually like Clare Siobhan and she's the only simmer I watch on YouTube. I do feel like she might have a younger fanbase than other Game Changers. Whenever I look on Twitter I feel slightly awkward looking at the replies and only seeing fan accounts squealing with profile pictures of Clare.

Or her sims. But I do like Clare as well.

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

From what I've seen, the fact that I don't like LGR is probably an unpopular opinion haha! So I'll add it here. His videos feel at best, boring, to me, and a lot of the time seem fake. I feel like his criticism is more for views than anything else, just the feeling I get listening to him. But I know most disagree so I my other opinions might be more popular haha! If I think of something I'll edit it in!
    (Italics added in above quote).

I can hardly view Clint as a cloud chaser. Have you seen any of his other videos? Theyre mostly reviews of vintage games and pc software, hardly a type for clickbait or begging for subscribers. His criticism of TS4 is shared by a lot of people, its really not controversial to explain his disdain for this iteration. Hes even rejected the opportunity to be a game changer, I hardly doubt his goal is views or attention.

Majority of his channel isnt even focused on The Sims series, and Ive watched tons of other things he does (even thrift hauls to find unique vintage games!) His reviews of the sims series is very popular and draws attention from people who wouldnt take a glance at such niche content of vintage games and pc (compared to youtube as a whole). His reviews are brief, humorous, and he has a calm voice that draws a lot of people in.

Sorry I know this is unpopular opinion post! I just have to defend one of my fav you tubers lol
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options

From what I've seen, the fact that I don't like LGR is probably an unpopular opinion haha! So I'll add it here. His videos feel at best, boring, to me, and a lot of the time seem fake. I feel like his criticism is more for views than anything else, just the feeling I get listening to him. But I know most disagree so I my other opinions might be more popular haha! If I think of something I'll edit it in!
    (Italics added in above quote).

I can hardly view Clint as a cloud chaser. Have you seen any of his other videos? Theyre mostly reviews of vintage games and pc software, hardly a type for clickbait or begging for subscribers. His criticism of TS4 is shared by a lot of people, its really not controversial to explain his disdain for this iteration. Hes even rejected the opportunity to be a game changer, I hardly doubt his goal is views or attention.

Majority of his channel isnt even focused on The Sims series, and Ive watched tons of other things he does (even thrift hauls to find unique vintage games!) His reviews of the sims series is very popular and draws attention from people who wouldnt take a glance at such niche content of vintage games and pc (compared to youtube as a whole). His reviews are brief, humorous, and he has a calm voice that draws a lot of people in.

Sorry I know this is unpopular opinion post! I just have to defend one of my fav you tubers lol

I have seen a few other videos, to base my opiion on more than one, but I just haven't seen all of them or anything.. I've seen maybe 7-10 vids? The things you post here though reaffirm EXACTLY why I think he's comes across as fake. I think he shows disdain for sims 4 BECAUSE that's the popular opinion and I think he gave up game changer opportunity because he thought that doing that would make more people "Like" him and trick them into thinking he's sincere. But yeah I just don't' trust him haha! Like I said, it's an unpopular opinion, but one I stand by.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    @SimAlexandria Really? For me thats why his outlook is appealing to me! I dont see it as like a scheme or anything. He loves the franchise, like with his lets plays of Sims 2 & 3. But I respect your opinion!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited June 2020
    @SimAlexandria That is definitely an unpopular opinion especially since LGR always has the arguments to back his criticism up, there is never criticism without factual background and facts are hard to deny or imply they're just fake.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Unpopular opinion
    I don't like game changer's or other youtuber's videos. When i want to look for something sims related i read about it in guides or reviews. That way i go directly to the info i want. I don't have patience for all the screaming and boring talk before youtubers get to the point.
    And i think most of them shape their opinions on what they think people will like them to say. Clearlly looking for likes...
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I would like all chance card pop-ups removed as they do nothing but irritate me. And seriously, what use are cars in this game? Why do people want them?

And I want evil/mean sims to be just that.

• Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    edited June 2020
    I find the random silly moments and toilet humour of Sims 4 hilarious and if anything would like more of it. A bit of childishness now and then gives you a break from being an adult when you need it!
  • Options
    jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    I would like to see the ability to turn things off, Vampires, Mermaids, chance cards, etc. in game rather than use a mod.
  • Options
    @SimAlexandria That is definitely an unpopular opinion especially since LGR always has the arguments to back his criticism up, there is never criticism without factual background and facts are hard to deny or imply they're just fake.

I'm not talking about anything that could be proven/disproven with facts. I'm talking about personal opinions, which are impossible to have facts about as everyone's truth is different to themselves. I've stopped watching him, but I'm sure he's not outright lying about the game either. I just don't believe he's always giving his true opinion on what he likes/dislikes, and on top of that, his videos are quite boring to me. I watch sim youtubers only for entertainment so if their video style is boring, I won't watch anymore either.
  • Options
    jujee55 wrote: »
    I would like to see the ability to turn things off, Vampires, Mermaids, chance cards, etc. in game rather than use a mod.

I think that's actually a popular opinion, I've seen LOADS of people calling for that feature haha! I know I am one of them!
  • Options
    GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    Another (though not game related)...I don't like lilsimsie...I really really don't....I tried to...like really tired. But she just rubs me the wrong way.

Well with over 100,000 Twitter followers and 800,000 YouTube subscribers I'm sure she's not crying herself to sleep at night because you don't like her.

Oh, and let us know when you start streaming and raising money for charity. Find something productive to do instead of disparaging people.

Um, I don't mean to be rude, but was this comment necessary? She has the right to an opinion just as much as yours. Even if you disagree.

But, here are mine. I don't mind the amount of YA content. Because I mainly play YA and A.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited June 2020
    Another (though not game related)...I don't like lilsimsie...I really really don't....I tried to...like really tired. But she just rubs me the wrong way.

I'm not a big fan of her either. Maybe I'm just older than her, but she reminds me of myself at her age, and I don't like that :D
    She seems like a nice person though, just not a huge fan of her content

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top