Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disgusting Concepts

Meat walls...who wants that in their house? Are the Sims turning into 'Silent Hill'? WooHoo in a dumpster...there's nothing quite like saying 'I Love You' unless you've woohooed in a dumpster. Dumpster diving is equally uncool...that's what rats do! Literally!
I'm so disappointed in this expansion...total let-down from start to finish. Bug growing and harvesting for fuel and food? Really??
It's disgusting!...and I'm a poor working class guy! But this is grim and certainly not fun!

Comments

• Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    I disagree Nindigo...that's all it's ever been up until now, and we're almost at the end of its life-cycle. This drives a political narrative for sure. However, the implementation is awful...do you want meat walls growing in your kitchen, do you want to go dumpster diving like a rat? We are not animals and neither are our sims...they deserve better than this! I love my sims, I live with them everyday...they are part of my world. But I don't want them woo-hooing in garbage or dumpster diving like rodents...or 'free love'...forgot about that!
    It's all so degrading...can you not see that? Am I blinded by a greater, more expansive truth? It's grim from start to finish. The worst expansion ever.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think it's fun, the sims has always had quirky concepts like dumpster woohoo, that's one of the best things about the game imo. Agree that I don't like the meat thing though, it's a bit weird I won't be using it. I get that it's supposed to be "fake meat" but as a vegetarian I still find the imagery gross
    I absolutely don't expect agreement on this site. But I was never looking for agreement. I wanted a platform to voice my concerns...the Sims are changing...not for the better. This expansion is not fun...it's really horrible in many ways. Bug eating, bug harvesting...I know it's a game, but the concepts are grim.
    @GalacticGal...thank you! At least you can see where I'm coming from. It's not fun.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    OP I understand where you are coming from. The dumpster stuff doesn’t bother me but the meat wall I find disturbing even though it is faux meat. The main one I find horrid is being able to recycle urns and tombstones this really disturbs me. I know sims is quirky and I embrace that about the game but the tombstone thing for me is too much.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The dumpster does not bother me seeing how most folks in real world survive from dumpster. But the meat wall was just to odd for me. Massage the meat. Name the meat.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Oooo I love Silent Hill (sorry long time fan had to comment)

But agree, dumpster woohoo is revolting. Actually people living in trash and totally okay with it is gross...
    And the overall buggy mess the expansion is...:(
    @SimmerGeorge...I'm not looking for a simulation, I wouldn't be playing Sims otherwise. This expansion is degrading to our sims...we're in the 21st century and our sims are rummaging about in garbage, woo-hooing in garbage, eating bugs instead of meat, harvesting bugs for energy...meat walls that look like they came out of Doom 3. You guys can defend this all you like...I'm done.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    @SimmerGeorge...I'm not looking for a simulation, I wouldn't be playing Sims otherwise. This expansion is degrading to our sims...we're in the 21st century and our sims are rummaging about in garbage, woo-hooing in garbage, eating bugs instead of meat, harvesting bugs for energy...meat walls that look like they came out of Doom 3. You guys can defend this all you like...I'm done.

Well, at least the bugs and the meat are being comfortable.
    This is my last post. I don't want to be a nuisance. I just wanted to express my feelings about this expansion pack. I have bought every pack so far...but I simply cannot buy this and I've tried to convince myself to buy it...and I failed. Heartbroken is way to strong a terminology...but I am seriously disappointed. I hope the next pack will be better!
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    This is my last post. I don't want to be a nuisance. I just wanted to express my feelings about this expansion pack. I have bought every pack so far...but I simply cannot buy this and I've tried to convince myself to buy it...and I failed. Heartbroken is way to strong a terminology...but I am seriously disappointed. I hope the next pack will be better!

There is fizzy juice, and candle making, pretty furniture and lovely windows, and you can totally avoid the grimy stuff if you don't want it in your game.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    @Faraway_Son Some cultures eat insects and its not a big deal.

Everything else though is not appealing to me though. Free love, dumpster whoohoo etc

Dumpster diving isn't all that bad looking for different items and things you need. Kinda like thrifting, scavenging along those lines
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im certainly not complaining! Im having alot of fun with sims that just live in trash. Plus, alot of the BB this time around is coming in handy for my dirty grimy builds.
    And I still find that meat wall hilarious. If there's a mod around that will turn it from "faux" to "100% Grade A mystery meat", Im downloading that immediately.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited June 2020
    Gotta love that nice crunch from the eco-friendly bug meals. :p

I've been wanting dumpsters in this game for a long time. I remembered dumpster diving from the Urbz and always liked it. Was glad they implemented it in this game. Nice addition for me playing my rags to riches for a sim or just letting them live in squalor to be a general panhandling hobo that naps in dumpsters if they don't have a tent.

The cowplant meat wall I thought was funny. Can even use it in any meal that requires fruit, vegetables or otherwise.

Can understand that it's not for everyone, but I really appreciate them doing different new packs. If they didn't wouldn't have ones people are use to seeing now (University, Seasons etc.). I know there are many that can use this to their advantage with more off the grid options when playing those period related challenges or just how they play in general.

Not every pack will be for everyone for sure.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    This thread has made me realise nothing much offends me. I've had group 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with Partihaus, for example.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    This thread has made me realise nothing much offends me. I've had group 🌺🌺🌺🌺 with Partihaus, for example.

I LOVE that! They are all pretty attractive though so makes sense.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't find many things appealing in this pack either. It would make more sense to me if they had recycling stations instead of digging through the trash themselves. And also provide plant-based meat or biofuel that the sims could buy themselves instead of forcing your own sims to do it in bizarre ways because they don't have the infrastructure to make this stuff.

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I get where you're coming from OP, although I personally wouldn't go as far to to say they're disgusting, more gross/unsavoury but that's just my opinion.

I do like the idea of making candles and the auroras, and I did initially like the idea of juice making, until, as I'm slowly learning, a lot of harvestables create 'suspicious' juice or whatever it is - I don't want that, and I'm not prepared to pay even half price for a couple of small interesting features.

I've learnt today that turning off the eco thing in the options menu doesn't actually stop it, it just hides the UI - that's a dealbreaker for me.

I haven't even patched yet as I hear the patch has had a lot of breakig/negative effects.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top