Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Power still goes out?

I'm really confused at how the power generators and solar panels create power. I have both on my lot, and while I just figured out how to power the generators, on earth day (or whatever it's called) my power was still cut out. I tried to get the generators to kick on but I'm not sure what they do exactly. Shouldn't the solar panels (on the roof) protect me from this?
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    Missimay94Missimay94 Posts: 45 Member
    I have the same problem :(
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    And also, is the power generator industrial? Does that mean it's not clean energy?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I solved my power problems by using the geothermal something lot trait. I don't have to use a ton of windmills and solar panels anymore, just a few.
  • Options
    I solved my power problems by using the geothermal something lot trait. I don't have to use a ton of windmills and solar panels anymore, just a few.

These lot traits make your bills lower but doesn't actually activate the generator or solar power panels
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Fuel needs to be consistently added to them and it burns off periodically depending how much power you use.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »

These lot traits make your bills lower but doesn't actually activate the generator or solar power panels

I can store more electricity now though. It doesn't activate them but it helps with the power storage.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Hmmm I have a home with two solar panels, two wind turbines and two dew collectors. I upgraded my fridge to energy efficient and was able to save power no problem most days. Fridges always run which causes issues even in off the grid households as you can’t turn off their utility usage. So that could be part of the issue if you have a fridge. I’d get so many notifications about power going on and off before I upgraded it.

The generators are industrial unless you use bio fuel from bugs. I haven’t been using them personally so I can’t say how well they save power. Solar panels also are affected by weather if you have seasons as they won’t gain you any power if it’s not sunny.

Hope this helps and hope you figure it out.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Hmmm I have a home with two solar panels, two wind turbines and two dew collectors. I upgraded my fridge to energy efficient and was able to save power no problem most days. Fridges always run which causes issues even in off the grid households as you can’t turn off their utility usage. So that could be part of the issue if you have a fridge. I’d get so many notifications about power going on and off before I upgraded it.

The generators are industrial unless you use bio fuel from bugs. I haven’t been using them personally so I can’t say how well they save power. Solar panels also are affected by weather if you have seasons as they won’t gain you any power if it’s not sunny.

Hope this helps and hope you figure it out.

Didn't consider upgrading my utilities. I'll try that an see what the affect is. Thank you
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif