Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Aspirations are sooo lazy !!

It is not a difficult thing to implement. It is not like they need to add new animations that take time to do. They just need to think a bit more creatively to add something interesting but nope ! It 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off that eco innovator only has 3 stages !!!! There Is literally No shortage of ideas from people in this forum and EA professional game designers can’t do this such simple task ?! Sorry I am a bit grumpy I hate using mods but aspirations are something I can’t live without mods.

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't think aspirations are lazy, but I would have liked some more of them. Even the amount of mods are lacking in my opinion, I can't find very many at all.
    Post edited by Duvelina on
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Mod aspirations are still better then EA ones. But if they can’t really think of good aspirations at least release an official tool that allow players create our own aspirations like we create the clubs.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I disagree with this topic. A lot of people seem so bored and dissatisfied with the game currently, that they can find flaws everywhere in it. Just keep in mind that not all are of the same opinion. *dons anti-gall armor and retreats*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The pack tutorial ones are what I view as lazy. Simply because I find it makes aspirations meaningless.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes, I agree, it feels like they just gave up on the eco-innovator aspiration, you begin doing some easy things like voting and selling water which takes a few seconds...then you reach the third level and they want you to reach level 10 in the career?

That's not even a fun goal, and that will take so long to do, surely there are more fun things that you can do as an eco-innovator that they could have added?
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    They're tutorials at this point. yawn.
    I just don’t get it. I assume people at EA wants to sell their games and many do care about making good games I assume. Then why such a simple thing cannot be done right? I can understand why it is hard to make certain features which are more expensive to make. But aspirations are like a quick win. And making really good aspirations can guide the players in an interesting way and make it fun again with minimal resources and effort on the development team. Ming boggling.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    The tutorial ones are lazy yes but the other ones not so much. I like the base game ones a lot and even some from packs before they became more tutorial like which.
  • VividVivid Posts: 44 Member
    Apart from what has been said above, I dislike how some ranks of aspirations take way more time than the rest. Like there are some where you have to be a vampire for 20 days. That just gives you nothing to do while waiting for those 20 days to be over. It is really out of proportion and messes up the system I think.

I wish the aspirations were more like the sims 3, you worked towards the end goal while getting related wishes along the way. The wishes in the sims 3 were linked to the aspiration/lifetime wish they had, that was a nice little touch. Somehow the whims we have now are just boring, while I used their equivalents a lot in previous games. But maybe that is also because the rewards are less fun in the sims 4.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I wouldn't call them lazy, but some aspirations do not tie in well with daily life. For example the Beach Life one has comb for treasure 10 times and cook 5 meals in the same tier. My four vacationers looked like a chain gang while doing the treasure searching and then they had 20 cooked meals - enough for their whole stay and then some. The Strangerville Hero aspiration tempts players to just do the steps and be done with the story in three hours or so. Friend of the World requires a sim to make 13 new aquaintances - for new sims this is too grindy and for established ones with an already decent friendship circle that's too many new friends. There also was a problem with sleep in a tent from Outdoor enthusiast that I do not remember.

But for me aspirations are just point farming factories anyway, so I always pick those that suit my current gameplay goals best. If they didn't reward points, I wouldn't bother with aspirations.
  • Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Mod aspirations are still better then EA ones. But if they can’t really think of good aspirations at least release an official tool that allow players create our own aspirations like we create the clubs.

I never thought to look for modded aspirations!! Which are your favorites?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2020
    I think most of them are alright. A few of the recent ones added in new packs though are terrible. The Sulani one for instance where sims just want to get a sun tan is awful. Like really? That's all you want to do in life? :D
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I like the base game aspirations and a couple of the newer ones but some of the newer ones aren't my favourites. Would be nice to get a few new aspirations that are done like the base game ones.

It would be kind of cool if you could have a game option (because I know not everyone would like this) where you could fail or do badly with your aspiration and gain a negative trait or something. Like if you had the Successful Lineage aspiration and your kids are failing school you get a negative trait or something.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Careful calling them lazy, people will get offended for even saying the word "lazy"

But yes I do agree with you.
    Traits need to actually matter and aspirations mean something.
  • Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    They are pretty terrible. Too many of them require no effort to complete and then once you do complete it, you just start the process again with another one, completely negating aspirations and giving no real satisfaction or reward for completing them

Sims 2 had great aspirations that you actually had to works towards and gave a real sense of accomplishment when completed
    Angie1301 wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »

I never thought to look for modded aspirations!! Which are your favorites?

The animal crossing one is quite good!
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited June 2020
    Their are a lot of areas of the sims 4 game that are done so well, and some areas that seem rushed and half finished l, aspirations are really boring, and I don’t even pay attention to them. They used to be amongst the most enjoyable features in the sims
    Series, especially the gold digger one, but I think they don’t want controversy or negative aspirations like that in the game anymore, the sims 3 was so much more mature than the sims 4, Especially with its late night pack and that table
    Dancing lol.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I like the aspirations being a sort of tutorials, because they get me to experience gameplay elements I probably never would have otherwise as I tend to play more or less the same way. I found TS2 aspirations quite qrinding and repetitive, they just required you to do even more of the same basic gameplay.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    EL comes with 2 aspirations?
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I feel like aspirations would be better if they were broken apart and reconfigured into whims or wants. That way Sims will occasionally roll the whim/want which makes it seems like it’s part of their personality, rather than just being a checklist for the player to complete. And then just make up something new in the place of aspirations...such as Lifetime Wants.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I think they’re super easy to complete and kind of inconsequential. Each step is too simple, and also the sheer fact that you can switch over to another one whenever the flip you want makes them seem far less important. I remember TS3 aspirations being a far greater challenge, and far more satisfying of an accomplishment.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I think they’re super easy to complete and kind of inconsequential. Each step is too simple, and also the sheer fact that you can switch over to another one whenever the flip you want makes them seem far less important. I remember TS3 aspirations being a far greater challenge, and far more satisfying of an accomplishment.

I agree with this so much.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    Agree. I prefer lifetime wishes in sims 3. They had a big goal but there were no checklist. We decided how we wanted to achieve the goal. The checklists are boring and repetitive.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    The base game ones are fine, but the most recent ones that just walk you through the new gameplay provided by the pack you just bought are stupid and boring and yes, LAZY. I don't want to be guided through the pack I'm already messing around with, I want an aspiration that goes along with the pack I bought, not something that explains the pack. Those types of aspirations don't even feel rewarding, and in a way force you to steam through everything the pack has to offer in one sim, making the packs feel boring and empty way sooner than normal.