Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What career(s) would you like to be added to TS4?

Me personally I wish my sim could be Rockstar or an Iventor.
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    def would like my sim to be a pop star, music super star, I didn’t like the feature in sims 3 showtime lol
    Honestly the best music gameplay is still from the sims superstar , with the recoding studio gameplay!
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited June 2020
    Gymnast, figure skater, tennis player, film editor, cinematographer, zoologist, wrestler, dancer
    Post edited by NationalPokedex on
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Model, Singer, firefighter. I'd love the Grim Reaper career they wanted to do in Happy Haunts. I'd also love a matchmaker career. Maybe even a Ghostbuster career.
    I actually think The Sims 4 has the best career options of the series, and I think they've basically covered almost everything.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Honestly, I just want multiple careers that DO NOT require the use of the computer or tablet device to accomplish any daily task.

Yesssss!

• BookwormKitty11BookwormKitty11 Posts: 9 New Member
    You know how you can hire a gardener to garden for you, a pizza delivery guys, fireman, etc? We should be able to have those too! So basically every job you see other people in your world doing. And, like @bixters said, the Grim Reaper.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Active Careers: Sculptor, plumber or janitor (yes i'm serious, i think if done right it would be hilarious), Journalist
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • k07278k07278 Posts: 2 New Member
    I think it would have been awesome to have an arborist as a career option for the Eco Lifestyle expansion.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Honestly, I just want multiple careers that DO NOT require the use of the computer or tablet device to accomplish any daily task.

I also want this!
    I watched a let's play and the task for the civil designer was to chat with the client.... Through the computer. Why couldn't they use the phone? You could text the client lol or chat with client on the phone.

Lots of ways to work without tablets or computers.

I do like the semi active jobs though it's a nice compromise between working at home, rabbit hole careers and active ones.

More medical professions might be nice
    Rock Star
    Sculptor
    Factory Worker
    Home Designer/Interior Design
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would love any musical professions. I also love the idea of an active janitor career, lol!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2020
    Professional Singer, but I would like it to be done a bit differently than TS3.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • StoutGamerStoutGamer Posts: 1 New Member
    Handyman would sound nice... So things like appliance repairs, plumbing, carpentry (furniture upgrades), etc...
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want to have a sim be a singer but not a rock star type. I'd rather they sing torch songs with a back up band. I'd like it to be a semi active career where you can actually set up places where they can sing for crowds. Better yet if we have couple dancing in game and they can sing at events and other sims can dance.
    Then I'd like a band that can play at events also especially if we could get ballroom dances.
    egTcBMc.png
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Back when I got GF, I wanted my sim to become a famous popstar cause she was always singing and playibg the guitar.

Was a bit disappointed that it wasn’t an option for get famous to become a famous singer, so she became a famous actress instead with her daughter making videos with the drone of her singing in the garden 😂
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Not active:
    cashier
    cleaning "lady"
    garbage "man"
    social worker
    post "man"
    delivery driver
    pastry cook/baker
    librarian
    meteorologist
    butcher

Active:
    firefighter
    nanny/daycare
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    They should include create a career feature like creating your club system. Name any career, add any daily tasks.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Architecture career and Dance career
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    Active career:
    Daycare home

--
    Singer
    Model
    Ballet Dancer
    Metalsmithing/Jewelry
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    A pop star career and a model career. There could be multiple different daily tasks like one day you have a photoshoot and another day you have a runway/red carpet to walk - modelling could be a skill, and you could set the trends based on the clothes you wear.

I would also say stylist/interior designer career but the ones we got in sims 3 were an absolute joke. The tasks were like "create 5 outfits" and that was it, no tick box to show how much is completed or anything and then they'd tell you your work is awful after.

Firefighter would also be a nice concept but in a closed world a career focused around going to different lots wouldn't work that well.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Looking back at previous games, I see that there's no paranormal and dance careers in The Sims 4. Most of the careers are in The Sims 4 as either a seperate career or as a branch.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    There are so many possibilities...I always love new careers. Some could work as active some wouldn't. Here are some I'd love to see:

Construction Worker
    Factory Worker
    Mechanic
    Farmer
    Forester
    Dentist
    Chiropractor
    Astronomer
    Biologist
    Natural Scientist (land forms, water, climate, etc.)
    Real Estate
    Postal Worker
    Historian
    Librarian

I could go on forever. I also wouldn't mind additional part time jobs such as delivery driver, home aide, tutor, etc.

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd actually like more types of foods for delivery/take out. I mention that since someone brought up delivery personnel.

In terms of what I'd want to play:
    Real Estate/Interior Design - buying, fixing up and selling renovated houses, maybe with the ability to tour homes with different sims.
    Investor - I'd like a further overhaul to finances with the ability of sims to buy and sell property to other sims and maybe the ability to have other investments. They could invest in more businesses and invest in financial markets (to make or lose money).
    I'd be interested in adding more to the doctor career, such as more specialties.
    If bands and singers come out, I'd be interested. Just don't base it all on Katy Perry, please.
    I like the freelancer gigs so I'd be interested in more options for those.
    Therapist with marriage counselor track and child/teen counselor track. I actually really want this.
    Farmer
    Zoologist - Someone else mentioned this. If we get a safari pack, I'd be interested in this. I'd also be interested in more sites for archaeology.
    Vintner - making nectar

There are probably others but that's a good list.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I am always looking for more careers, especially 'every day' and freelance options. I would especially love a music related freelance career, a mechanic career (with cars), a hotel manager career, and a dancer career. Perhaps something horse related if we get horses and some supernatural careers too e.g. occult hunter. I would also love playable NPC careers, esp. librarian and repairman.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Fancy jobs:
    Stage Magician
    Wrestler/Boxer (semi-active, you can stay jome and fight people)
    Psychic (semi-active)
    Dragon therapist

Normal jobs:
    Construction worker/Carpenter (semi-active, you can craft stuff at home)
    Maid (active, you can go to peoples' homes and clean and repair things, maybe have an affair with the home owner.)
    Nanny (semi-active)
    Fireman
    Therapist
    Food delivery person
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017