Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Harvesting with Eco Living

joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
Hi All, I've been unable to harvest any plants in any of the worlds since the DL of Eco Living. (I can get soy wax from the soy plant, though).

Here's the 411:

Sim Gardening level 5. (I've tried in levels 2, 3, 4, and 5)
EL world she lives in: Conifer Station.
Worlds unable to harvest in: All
Worlds unable to water in: All
Interactions available with plants in the Community Garden: Fertilize, Research. (Greyed out: Weed)
Interactions available with plants in the other worlds: View.
Mods/CC: None

Any ideas, tips, and tricks?

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
Post edited by joRN1414 on

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm not sure what is going on but my sim has had no issues in anything involving harvestable plants. If you play with mods, there might be an issue because of those. I'm only mentioning this is because I removed my mods before adding ECO, I do this with all new packs added. I only added back mods that were updated but started having problems. I did some research on what was causing it and it said it was mod related. I'm still in the process to finding which one is causing the problem because it is affecting the gardening part of the game.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I don't use mods or CC, so that's not the issue in my game. I'm going to run a repair and see if that helps it. I hope you figure yours out.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have a sim with the naturalist trait from completing the gardening aspiration. She can't talk to or harvest the plants in the planters in Oasis. She lives in Port Promise and I had her fishing for 2 days and all she could do was take a cutting and a microscope slide. I was trying to get lemons. Before the last 2 patches and the EL pack all my sim had to do was travel there and the lemon tree was harvestable.

Eta. I have never had mods or CC in the game. I don't use mods in any game I own, fallout 4, sims, etc.
    Repair didn't fix the issue in my save.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    If you're at a lot when it turns over to 5am you can harvest plants. Weird but true.
    edited June 2020
    alan650111 wrote: »
    If you're at a lot when it turns over to 5am you can harvest plants. Weird but true.

That was something they put in the game when they added the patch just before Seasons. Personally, I never liked the change because my scientist couldn't harvest the plants needed for the different serums. That means more work for them to do at home.

Really? Any world? I'll try that tomorrow.
    edited June 2020
    joRN1414 wrote: »

Yes all worlds, just make sure the plant is to full maturity before. You can shift-click with testingcheats turned on to change the plant stage. Also, make sure the plant you are trying to harvest is in the correct season, otherwise, it won't have anything to harvest unless it is sheltered.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Yes, and if you have Seasons, you don’t have to water plants that are outside very often because they get watered every time it rains and that timer is a few in game days long. So spring and fall you may rarely have to water if at all for plants that are in season then. Summer will vary based on the world your sim is living in and how much rain it gets in summer. You have to water more often in Oasis Springs and Strangerville because they’re desert climates, I’m not sure about Del Sol Valley, because I have never had a sim garden there because they’re generally busy chasing stardom. 😎🤩
    Thanks, y'a'll!
    edited June 2020
    As a follow-up... I have been able to harvest in-season plants if I'm on the lot I want to harvest on by 5am as suggested above. If I want to go to a different lot on the same world I have to wait until the next 5am. I don't currently have a lot that is lived on that has plants. Does it affect them too or can I harvest at any time on my Sims own plot of land?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    edited June 2020
    If I want to go to a different lot on the same world I have to wait until the next 5am.

You can travel as much you want, where ever you want, just make sure you return home 4:59am or earlyer :)

ETA: My rags to riches sim spends all her time at community lots, she only takes a turn home before 5am, harvests or sells crops, then goes away again :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    If I want to go to a different lot on the same world I have to wait until the next 5am.

You can travel as much you want, where ever you want, just make sure you return home 4:59am or earlyer :)

Sorry, I was unclear. Yes... I generally wake my Sim up at 3am to get to the lot I want to harvest before 5.
    @joRN1414 , Yeah, sorry, lol, I misunderstood you, true :)

• love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    OH MY!! I am still able to harvest at anytime. I really hope I don't get this glitch/bug.
    love7680 wrote: »
    OH MY!! I am still able to harvest at anytime. I really hope I don't get this glitch/bug.

You can harvest at anytime :) Your sim just has to be on the lot where the plants are at 5am :) after that you can harvest at anytime :)

I can Evolve and Research on the Community Lot at Gardening level 6, now.