Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hint at a colorwheel?

I just noticed that the profile picture on The Sims youtube channel is a sort of rainbow with black and brown and white and other colors. Could this be a hint that we could be getting a color wheel for skin colors soon? I know that there was a petition out there to get a color wheel for skin colors. What do you think?

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Nah, it’s for Pride Month.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    Nah, it’s for Pride Month.

Well dang that got shot down fast :/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m sorry. :(
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Oh sweet soul ;-; I wish, but it's a pride icon, June is national LGBT+ pride month.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I'm still mad that Sims 4 doesn't have a style tool or color wheel like in the Sims 3.
    I'm still mad that Sims 4 doesn't have a style tool or color wheel like in the Sims 3.

Exactly! We really need at least the color wheel. I'd love to see it for both skin colors and hair colors. I know they probably would never go this extent for sims 4, but it would be a nice add for furniture too since the swatches barely ever go together!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I still so want the color wheel in Sims 4 as well.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited June 2020
    T

Exactly! We really need at least the color wheel. I'd love to see it for both skin colors and hair colors. I know they probably would never go this extent for sims 4, but it would be a nice add for furniture too since the swatches barely ever go together!

The main things I would like to see the color wheel for are 1) furniture and 2) clothes.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    T

The main things ii would like to see the color wheel for are 1) furniture and 2) clothes.

It should really come with a base game update...
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    T

The main things ii would like to see the color wheel for are 1) furniture and 2) clothes.

It should really come with a base game update...

Yes, please!
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Unlikely we will see a colour wheel within the TS4 base game six years after launch. There was never any intention of giving players this sandbox feature. The inclusion now would also cause a lot of controversy as some long term players never found the colour wheel in TS3 particularly user friendly and I doubt EA could come up with a better version for TS4. Personally I would not be without the feature which is why I continue to play TS3.

Still there is no harm in hoping :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    What about a color wheel for hair
    What about a color wheel for hair

I would love to see that!
    Color Wheel for the hair is so cool in Sims 3.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    The developers axed this idea years ago along with open world. I don’t know what the image means, but it’s definitely not a hint for a feature the studio openly expressed will never be added to Sims 4.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

That's just something they use for art it helps you to get your color palette right and shows you what colors go well together it's commonly used by art students
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member

@AedanStarfang especially when they smacked us in the face and offered a color wheel for cats and dogs.

I really just want it for matching counters and furniture. It drives me crazy I can't mix and match because the colors aren't the same even in the same pack you will have different color browns and blues etc, just maddening.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Colorwheel must be included in the upcoming update.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Colorwheel must be included in the upcoming update.

Are you willing to loose access to all your current saves over it?

I'm not saying that adding a color wheel is save-breaking. I honestly don't know. But I can see that it could be save breaking, as rather than point to an item on a dropdown list, the data set now needs to refer to an RGB code number.

Don't get me wrong, if they can add a color wheel, I'm all for it. Especially if I can just type in the RGB/HSL/CMYK values I want. I just don't know that adding such a thing will be as easy/simple as some people seem to think it is. And if it were that easy, I'd think there would be a mod for it, and I couldn't find a working in-game one in a quick search.
    It's best to play Sims 3 if you want the color wheel. I don't think they will ever put it in Sims 4. They don't do upgrades.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Clearly color wheel only works for cats and dogs otherwise its game breaking but really I'm going with to hard cost to much and they have said in the past color wheel would not happen. I do not know how people play without cc the hair eyes and skin tone options are a complete joke have any of the Gurus ever heard of hazel eyes I don't think so.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • JADETIGERJADETIGER Posts: 23 Member
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > It's best to play Sims 3 if you want the color wheel. I don't think they will ever put it in Sims 4. They don't do upgrades.
    I like in Sims 3 how I can match any door and window frame to have a coordinated (by color) look using items from across different packs.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Hopefully they'll have a color wheel in Sims 5.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?