Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plant sims?! What are they?

I have seen this "option" in my game and I have seen several people mention "plant sims" but I have no idea what this means or the things that happen or anything about them...

Please inform this plumbob?
tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I believe, and someone here can likely correct me if I'm wrong, that Plant Sims first became a 'thing' in Sims2. It has everything to do with being too heavy into gardening. Also, your children aren't born, they are harvested from the ground! I've never been into them, myself, but my grown daughter could never get enough of them. To each, his own.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I believe, and someone here can likely correct me if I'm wrong, that Plant Sims first became a 'thing' in Sims2. It has everything to do with being too heavy into gardening. Also, your children aren't born, they are harvested from the ground! I've never been into them, myself, but my grown daughter could never get enough of them. To each, his own.
    Yeah, but that was The Sims 2 (and to an extent 3.) Plant sims in ts4 aren’t even a real lifestate, just a temporary moodlet that changes some needs and such. They’re basically useless and I resent the addition of those emotions beans to the expensive seed packs since they nerfed grafting (just my opinion though.)
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited November 2018
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Yeah, but that was The Sims 2 (and to an extent 3.) Plant sims in ts4 aren’t even a real lifestate, just a temporary moodlet that changes some needs and such. They’re basically useless and I resent the addition of those emotions beans to the expensive seed packs since they nerfed grafting (just my opinion though.)

Grafting option is still in the game. Back in that spring, the Plantsim Challenge was getting the emotion beans from the plantsims that were walking on the street. As no plantsims will ever walk on the streets again, the emotion beans can be obtained from rare seed packages.
    If the player doesn't like plantsims, they can use these beans on that magic stump, grow the portal tree, go in and get the forbitten fruit. This allows players to complete the gardening collection without using cheats. The forbitten fruit cannot be grafted.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    EgonVM wrote: »

Grafting option is still in the game. Back in that spring, the Plantsim Challenge was getting the emotion beans from the plantsims that were walking on the street. As no plantsims will ever walk on the streets again, the emotion beans can be obtained from rare seed packages.
    If the player doesn't like plantsims, they can use these beans on that magic stump, grow the portal tree, go in and get the forbitten fruit. This allows players to complete the gardening collection without using cheats. The forbitten fruit cannot be grafted.

It’s still in the game, but there’s basically no chance of actually getting the rare plants from it.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited November 2018

It’s still in the game, but there’s basically no chance of actually getting the rare plants from it.

Hmm... Must be a bug then.
    Hopefully it will be fixed.
    Haven't grafted to get a rare plant for a long time actually.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Hmm... Must be a bug then.
    Hopefully it will be fixed.
    Haven't grafted to get a rare plant for a long time actually.
    It’s like that on purpose https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Splicing-doesn-t-produce-new-harvestable/td-p/6882771

Apparently it might get changed in the next patch because so many people hate it though.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited November 2018
    i've actually gotten several of the rare results from grafting over the ingame year i've been playing the fyres household. they have a spliced plant to unlock the orchid and in that year of gameplay i've gotten... i think 7 orchids from it. so yeah, they do spawn, but very, very rarely

editing to add:
    also on the plantsim thing itself, i'm actually playing one right now. all the things needed for them are still in the game, just most easily available through the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat (you can buy the stump without it, and the six magical beans can be picked from patchy's pocket or show up in the rare seeds pack). just k now, the tree that results from putting all six beans in the stump and watering it is huge and arcane looking (you can have a sim place the stump somewhere in the world ...say, off the buildable lot in sylvan glade, then place the seeds in and water so the tree will be out of the way. mine really is in sylvan glade, in a clearing opposite the waterfall). they're an interesting temporary lifestate, though because they're temporary many people hate them (mostly those that loved them in the earlier games)
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited November 2018

In TS2, you "spawn" a Plant toddler (no planting required). There are only 3 life stages - toddler, adult and elder. It will have all the skills that "Mom" has. The father is a hidden default NPC (like the aliens).
    TS3 has the planting of the fruit, then "harvesting" a baby. ;)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Dakota1377Dakota1377 Posts: 29 Member
    Is it still possible to grow a plant sim? We just got Eco pack and want to know,
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Dakota1377 wrote: »
    Is it still possible to grow a plant sim? We just got Eco pack and want to know,

To become a plant sim in Sims 4 you grow a tree from magic emotional beans, then go into the tree and transform into the plant Sim, which is a new life state with different needs, but only lasts for a week. If you want to stay a plant sim you have to keep doing it every week