Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids Can Make Candles?

That doesn't seem very safe.
tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes, they can make the dipped candles. I made candles in grade school. The teacher melted the wax on a hot plate, which is just a little 1 or 2 burner stove that sits on a table and plugs in. Then we put wicks in Dixie cups and ladled the wax in. It was fun. I put a ton glitter in mine and layered hot pink wax over purple wax. Then once they cooled all the way and got hard we tore the cups off.

Lol, when I burned mine at home it stunk because all the glitter started melting we had to throw it out. 🤣🤣🤣
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I made them as a kid too! We did them at home but also at kids clubs etc. I was probably 8-10 years old... ish.
    We bought my grandma a carved candle that looked a lot like the ones in the game. I remember standing at the kiosk in the mall while my mom picked one out watch the guy make one. It was absolutely fascinating. He would dip in one color, cool it, dip in another, and then a third, and a fourth. Then as he carved the colors would emerge and depending how he carved it would look swirly or layered I was absolutely transfixed.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020
    I remember making candles at camp in fifth grade. The dipped kind. It was pretty awesome.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Yes, they can make the dipped candles. I made candles in grade school. The teacher melted the wax on a hot plate, which is just a little 1 or 2 burner stove that sits on a table and plugs in. Then we put wicks in Dixie cups and ladled the wax in. It was fun. I put a ton glitter in mine and layered hot pink wax over purple wax. Then once they cooled all the way and got hard we tore the cups off.

Lol, when I burned mine at home it stunk because all the glitter started melting we had to throw it out. 🤣🤣🤣

That just reminded me of when my sister decided to make a candle by melting a box of 64 crayons ( paper still on ) in a large sauce pan. It stunk up the for days.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Please tell me this isn't a complaint. People literally ask for kids to be able to do more stuff all the time!! I am very happy they can make candles.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Kids can finally participate in something!!! We should be jumping for joy! 😁😁😁😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I made candles as a child and I am thrilled that they can do them in-game
    akaniki0 wrote: »

That just reminded me of when my sister decided to make a candle by melting a box of 64 crayons ( paper still on ) in a large sauce pan. It stunk up the for days.

Ha ha we used to melt crayons in grade school on the radiator and then pour them onto paper swirl the colors and then pull them off the paper and cut the disks into shapes that we would put on string to make necklaces and bracelets.