Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's about time...

Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
It's about time the game stops randomly dressing townies in situations like city living festivals and vampire walkbys. The system is buggy as hell and it accomplishes nothing but break the immersion for me. Does anyone believe Darling Walsh would ever dress something like this?

06-06-20-2-37-08-PM.png

Not to get too woke but it's borderline disrespectful to the character.

Let ME pick what MY sims wear!

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yeah there seems to be no filter whatsoever as to which sims wear what, and which sims go where.
    I'm tired of seeing sims from Sulani dressed in traditional clothing walk around in forgotten hollow.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I hate it, it's a mess. They did a nice update with the inventory system recently, I say it is time for the team to take a look at how they can add ways for us to disable or at least customize this.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    They really need an update to this, it gets so ridiclous. When my sim moved to the Uni dorm rooms I edited every single sims clothing that came in to immerse me in the game.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    What they really need is to go one step further and give CAS an overhaul.

-Tag clothing so that no accessories are randomly applied
    -Only allow sims to appear in clothing from their wardrobes (they could always add a costume category, then at least we could choose things to go into that ourselves)
    -Allow us to save (and share) styled outfits
    -While they are at it, give more relationship options for setting in CAS (such as boyfriend/girlfriend/engaged)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    At least she isn't accessories to heck. I mean I understand what they were going for, but most of these don't even need situational outfits. Had to download a mod to prevent it from seeing 'fake' vampires to other odd walkby's. (romance festival sims just come in their formal attire and no weird combination of pink, yellow and flower printed items). I remember when I was removing my mod folder to check on something in the game and the minute I did a celebrity showed up in THIS.

78tSE42.png

*muffled circus music plays in the distance*
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    At least she isn't accessories to heck. I mean I understand what they were going for, but most of these don't even need situational outfits. Had to download a mod to prevent it from seeing 'fake' vampires to other odd walkby's. (romance festival sims just come in their formal attire and no weird combination of pink, yellow and flower printed items). I remember when I was removing my mod folder to check on something in the game and the minute I did a celebrity showed up in THIS.

78tSE42.png

*muffled circus music plays in the distance*

OH what is the mod BTW? This is literally the last of my major pet peeves with the game. Most of them were fixed by mc command center. Kinda sad that we have to depend on mods for the game to run smoothly at this point, but oh well.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I personally love the crazy random outfits, but I know a lot of people don’t. I wish we had an on/off button in options.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »

OH what is the mod BTW? This is literally the last of my major pet peeves with the game. Most of them were fixed by mc command center. Kinda sad that we have to depend on mods for the game to run smoothly at this point, but oh well.

Here ya go~ https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/outfit-mods-outfit-mods/

The modder also frequents the forums here. They have outfit fixes for the situational walk-by's for celebrities, holiday walk-by's, also the randomized accessories (which also effects newly spawned townies so they aren't wearing every dang accessory and legging to man) and the fake vampires.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    edited June 2020
    I spent a lot of time dressing up my sims and making sure that every outfit suits their story/personality. I hate seeing one of my other households show up to events dressed up in clothing that they would never wear when being actively played. Like the sims in my avatar is all about glamour and wearing expensive clothes, yet she shows up to each and every festival wearing horrible mismatched clothes topped of with a ridiculous hat and glasses.