Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is Your Favorite Edition of The Sims?

Comments

• DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    The Sims 1 will always have a special place in my heart, simply because it was my first experience and it is what I played for so long, but honestly The Sims 3 is by far my favorite. With all of the expansion packs, there is just so much possible in the game, and it really allows me to create the perfect world/family/etc.
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • OugonmusouOugonmusou Posts: 33 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2 always and forever! I love this game so much that I never stopped playing ever since 2004.
    I am just a simple Sims 2 lore addict
  • 4xel4xel Posts: 34 Member
    The Sims 3
    TS3 for the open world. Community lots got hugely impoverished compared to TS2 + EP (somewhat fixed by EP, but you cannot run your own restaurant for example) and one may doubt rabbit holes brought anything worthwhile, but it was a genuine attempt at making an open world with the resource of their time and company.
    The base game object collection barely contains the bare minimum, which is a shame, but the personalize tools, if laggy, is quite powerful. It doesn't make up for the poor collection and the greedy store, but it's something.
    They added gardening and fishing to the base game, which is a great addition for an open world. Moodlet is a genius invention, much more flexible than motives alone and also enables more rewarding EP content than pure raw stat poweer creep (though also present).
    Self employement without and with ambitions, are great as well.

then TS2 for open for buiseness. It was balanced very badly, but had a lot of great gameplay anyway, both on its own and interacting with other expansions.

lastly TS4. I've only watched videos, so my opinion may change if I played it, it doesn't look inferior by much now they fixed all their easy mistakes, but not my cup of tea. I like skilling so I would expect tiny house + club + cheap drink would kill my fun very fast. Baring supernatural, and store content, I don't think you can go much past x2 or 3 learning speed in TS3 and there is a point to taking a career where you can skill at work. In TS4 it looks like x8 is trivial.
    Even for the social aspect, I'm not much of a rotational player, and I'm more into life simulators than drama simulators, so I'd take open world+ superior story progression over emotion system any day of the week.

The Sims, I've only played a little and it was great, but common, no aging, it can't compete with its successors.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    The Sims 3
    @4xel what did you think about being able to add lots to the world in TS3?
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • 4xel4xel Posts: 34 Member
    The Sims 3
    @Patch__2008 what did you think about being able to add lots to the world in TS3?

That is huge. I already loved in in TS2, but it takes a whole other meaning on an open world. Now unlike TS2 where you place them matter and you can't spread them in different district, so there's only so many lot you can add. I currently have a very light installation (base game + pets + awesomemod), but if I plan to go bigger (late night + ambition) and have a decent dose of all the EPs, I guess I'll have to download or create custom worlds as well as configure awesome mod or other mod to remove emigration and increase target population of the town.

So in short, awesome ability, quite limited, but with other tools to do other things addressing the limitations.
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    The Sims 3
    The Sims 3 brought together a lot of what I love & combined it into one game. It is NOT without its issues, of course, but that's what makes it itself. Me personally, I love The Sims 3 because of the open world capability, the expansion packs, the CASt, etc.
    I love the little things in it, too, like the Seasonal festivals and the ability to travel to different countries - I just love playing this game.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    I Have Multiple Favorites
    My favorite thus far is 2 and 4. I remember when ts2 first got released i LITERALLY played from sun up to sun down. I didnt want to do anything else but play sims 2! it was crazy. ts4 i could play a long while, but its been a while since ive played, still waiting on my cpu
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2020
    The Sims 2
    Definitely The Sims 2 it really set the bar for the franchise for me, it just runs smoother, feels better and the Gameplay is definitely the best.
    The Sims 3
    The poll has surpassed 350 votes! Thanks to all of y'all who voted and commented!
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    The Sims 2
    This one was tough to choose. I absolutely love sims 1. I have so many great memories playing for hours on end as a teenager. But if I had to rank in order I would say 2,1,3 then 4. Sims 2 just has so much charm.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I feel like the perfect Sims game to me would be a mix of all 4 games.
    (The difficulty and charm from the first two games with the creativity and open world from Sims 3 and the simplified build mode/toggles from Sims 4). I just like having options to decide what I want in my game through completely optional features that I can opt-in/out at any time, and sims having meaningful relationships and non-repetitive interactions between each others (how do other sims react when they see my Sims). I like still discovering new stuff after hours of gameplay.
  • yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    The Sims 3
    I have played them all. I have 2 , 3, 4 on my desktop but i enjoy 3 the most. Sims 2 was fun at the time but then along came a open world , story progression and a color wheel. I like sims 4 for some things but it doesnt hold my interest as long. I cant get lost in sims 4 like sims 3.
    The Sims 3
    yesme88 wrote: »
    I have played them all. I have 2 , 3, 4 on my desktop but i enjoy 3 the most. Sims 2 was fun at the time but then along came a open world , story progression and a color wheel. I like sims 4 for some things but it doesnt hold my interest as long. I cant get lost in sims 4 like sims 3.

I definitely agree. I could sit down to play TS3 when I got home from school or on weekends and easily accidentally play for 3 hours because I got so engrossed I lost track of time.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    The Sims 2
    I've played every single one of them, all the packs as well, and Sims 2 will forever be my favourite although I've been obsessively playing all of them at one point or another. Right now it's 4. Didn't expect to enjoy Sims 4 so much, but I am so that's good. I sincerely like all of them for different reasons.
    The Sims 3
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    As for Sims 4... I had to use a lot of mods just to make it feel like an actual Sims game that I would enjoy.
    It does seem that way. I feel like the previous editions of the Sims had a depth and element of fun that we just don't get playing TS4 as it is originally made. Even with having loads of pack there's areas that are lacking. MCCC is nice bc it actually adds some story progression so premade families don't die off after one generation. :neutral:
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited June 2020
    The Sims 4
    I agree with netney52 and SimAlexandria on this one. I also prefer "The Sims 4". No color wheel, just "Create A Sim", which is easy to use when it comes to creating sims. The ability to change eye shape and color, change body type and hair color as well as hairstyles is really great.
  • wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    edited June 2020
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2!
    So many great memories from TS2, butI like TS4, even though many say a lot of things are missing in it, and the loading time is annoying. TS2 never gave me any of those issues. It was really like my first experience of the sims.
    My computer couldn't handle a lot of the sims 1, but I remember making faces for it!

Of them all, I hate The Sims 3! I had many EPs, but so many wouldn't work. They were slow and laggy, and I hated how everything had to be installed via the awful launcher. It was just an awful experience.
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Can I change my mind?

After the last update and pack I am enjoying Sims 4 the most of all the the four I have played since they all came out.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    The Sims 2
    The sims 2 was less censored. The packs were so much beefier, not to mention passion for the franchise was put into the game..something that seems to be non existent these days. Now it’s about a quick buck with minimal effort.
    The Sims 3
    Jerrello wrote: »
    The packs were so much beefier, not to mention passion for the franchise was put into the game..something that seems to be non existent these days. Now it’s about a quick buck with minimal effort.

Isn't that the tea.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The Sims 2
    Jerrello wrote: »
    The sims 2 was less censored. The packs were so much beefier, not to mention passion for the franchise was put into the game..something that seems to be non existent these days. Now it’s about a quick buck with minimal effort.

I really like your avatar picture. Is that hair in TS4? Or is it custom content? I don't have all the packs so was just wondering if that is in any pack?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MarisSimsMarisSims Posts: 17 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3 will probably always be my favorite. I loved the color wheel and the open world concept, though I understand that lag was a problem. Beyond that games like The Sims Life Stories and Castaway are favorites as well. I liked having a story line to follow and goals to achieve. My favorite expansion pack would probably be The Sims 2 Apartment Life. I wish more recent apartments worked the same way.
  • punkbeespunkbees Posts: 27 Member
    I started out playing 3 as a teenager so that's the game I'm most nostalgic about, but I've come to prefer 4 for building. I was never huge on gameplay, which is definitely 3's strength. I do really miss having an open world though! I actually randomly stumbled across a copy of 1 in the CD section at a thrift store so obviously I had to buy it! I haven't been able to install it yet but I'd love to get it up and running on my computer someday.
    gallery id: punkbees || black lives matter
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The Sims 3
    Simburian wrote: »
    Can I change my mind?

After the last update and pack I am enjoying Sims 4 the most of all the the four I have played since they all came out.

Im like the same :) this last 4 ep has taken me to the fun i had before!