Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use cc and mods?

Do you use cc and mods? 125 votes

Of course! Always!
62%
winkeljohn78Kita5399Goth583LaBlue0314DarbiiRueAlexaiSimpatsyannAlrynnsennawalesasimbsimMeteoraStormjcs7219SageRainWillowMariefoxprice83mercuryfoamPaigeisin5renzillathe1akbluthienrisingVagenius 78 votes
Nuh... I prefer EA clothes
16%
Dallas8178JueJueSasquatch7mcruddcornflake88JesskiMindofyLizzychicagoAquariusMomSailorCetiorangehippogriffannaliese39SomeChick1mustenixMarianxSERVERFRAx4m1r4netney52BohoFlowerCavapoo_King 20 votes
I use only cc
4%
DrewRowlandOnverserYBNS2468DominicLaurenceStrawberryYogurt 5 votes
I use only mods
17%
sam123McBrianDkGirklbixtersLoriTSpAnnLee87Wintermist_SWEEnkiSchmidtMDianaSimsRedShoe7happyopiLairaMarduc_PlaysJC1979SimAlexandrianerdfashionambaracody6268CaprianaBPlankton027 22 votes

Comments

• InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Of course! Always!
    I dont know how the heck I played this game without CC and mods.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    I don't use anything that's not official. Not because I "prefer" EA clothes, but because I don't want to download anything that could possibly damage my computer or corrupt my game.
    Also I don't need any mods or CC. I enjoy the game as it is and I'm not a fashionista, I don't need more clothes or items than we already have. Male Sims could use some more regular jeans, but whatever... it's not so important, I'm mostly into game play anyway.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Of course! Always!
    I don't have that much CC and what I do have is mostly for historical themed games. I have quite a few mods though. ;)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Neither :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Of course! Always!
    It is about the only way to play the game if I want to do past decades in-game.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited June 2020
    I use only mods
    Mods, yes. Game would be unplayable without them. MCCC is a big one.

CAS and Build/Buy CC. Almost exclusively NO. The only time I use CAS or Build/Buy CC is when it is bundled with a script mod and/or required for it to work; or at least work properly as it serves as props/animation locations. I used to have a lot of CAS CC; as when I downloaded a Sim from somewhere outside the gallery, I'd add their CC. That was as buggy as heck. Things from missing faces, disembodied tongues/teeth, to missing textures, to even more than that, I avoid it. And too many times, the clothing they were provided with looked bad; so I never used it anyway, and it clogged up my Mods folder, slowing the game. Ignoring the CC results in my fully reworking those Sims almost all the time, but sometimes, I like what becomes of them.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Of course! Always!
    My mod folder is over 30GB ;D (14.5GB buy CC, around 10GB CAS CC. The rest is build CC, poses, and actual mods. MCCC and UI Cheats are essential.)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I use mods, many mods.

I do think the clothing EA has included in this iteration is the best yet, but I still have a few key pieces of CC. I could probably do without CC altogether.
  • SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    I use only mods
    I've tried CC, and it's a hassle to download and keep up with. I don't like the cc hair textures, personally. But that's just me.
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    Of course! Always!
    I've never played a sims game without mods and cc. My mods folder is 54.9GB. There are just so many things I'd never be able to do in my game without mods and I like a lot of different options for CAS and building.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I use only mods
    Only mods, and even that just a very small handful of them
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Of course! Always!
    Have used Mods and CC since TS2. Not about to change anytime soon. I have mostly CAS CC like default replacements for skins, eyes, ect. And makeup CC. Definitely makeup CC. I have a few hair and clothing items but for the most part I like the game items.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Of course! Always!
    I have tons of cc. I try to limit my mods to only a few and no big ones, and I don’t use poses.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I use only mods
    That's like asking "Do you breathe?" XD I use a reasonable amount of quality of life mods (aka "no! thats just dumb" and "fix their game plz" mods) and a very small amount of BB mode CC where Maxis is just too miserly to make a wider variety (like 1x1 actually 4-legged dining tables)
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I use only mods
    I have lots of script mods that “fix” the game. As for cc, I do have them but its only three lol (a face overlay, a beauty mark, and facial hair).
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    No, but it's not because I don't want to. I really like some of the CC and some of the mods are great. But, I kind of like the random chaos that is a normal Sims game. The CAS stuff is hard to resist. I had a lot of that at one time and then got tired of some of it breaking and having to go through and figure it out.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Of course! Always!
    The sims 4 cannot be played without mods or CC...it just can't...there is so much wrong with the core game that it's a buggy mess without them and I live for the MCCC mode....it breaths life into this lifeless game.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Of course! Always!
    I use many convenience mods, mainy the "no autonomous" type of mods to stop sims from doing random dumb things like drinking water or bar drinks every 5 minutes (some of which are broken or no longer updated, so that's a problem), and also the big ones that everyone use (MCCC, UI, NPCC, WW, LittleMsSam, Bienchen83, Scarlet, etc.).

I have very few CC pieces, including Luumia's Vanilla replacement skin, some pieces to replace the English words with Simlish. I don't use many CC because there's generally a lot of clipping.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Of course! Always!
    mods:
    Mcc
    Slice of life
    personality please
    meaningful stories

All of which I feel are desperately needed

and around 10 gigs of MM cc I try not to go over 10g
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    Never tried a mod. I used to use a lot of cc hair and clothes - especially jeans. It took EA like 5 years to put a decent pair of jeans in the game. But every time I have an issue, the first suggestion is always remove cc and mods. Or also, whenever there's an update, I have to remove cc but then I get annoyed with all the nekkid and bald sims walking around... ugh, I don't have the patience for all the back and forth.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I use only cc
    My sims always have CC clothes, but I don't really use mods that much. The only mods I use are to fix issues in the game, I have mods to disable townies and the TOOL mod but that's about it
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I use only mods
    I just don't like CC, especially Alpha. I mean, on my sims it looks decent, but it somehow manages to make townies even worse, so I stopped downloading it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    This poll is very biased... :| I use mods, CC, and EA content.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm a total Vanilla player for sure i only just started playing but i don't want to use Mods or CC it really is a pain keeping up with it then even if you move it before logging in for a TS4 update something could still break anyway and then you have to go through it i just can't be bothered LOL a lot easier to just play what the game has given us and i'm mostly happy with it :)
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Of course! Always!
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.