Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR's Eco Lifestyle Review.

Comments

• Options
    freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    i just got done watching this i do love his reviews
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yeay! I just made a post about him. He's great I really think his opinion is always of substance.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I watched his game play on his other channel and in my opinion he did struggle a little with recognizing why some things are in the game. Like the bags on Sims heads. I believe that this pack took him out of his comfort zone. He does make good points about Maxis and the game. Some I agree with others I don't see. I watch his channels for all content. Not just for the Sims. He also does food reviews (sandwiches and chips) and has a vast knowledge of computers from the past, present and future. He is a very interesting person and I enjoy all of his content.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I watched his game play on his other channel and in my opinion he did struggle a little with recognizing why some things are in the game. Like the bags on Sims heads. I believe that this pack took him out of his comfort zone. He does make good points about Maxis and the game. Some I agree with others I don't see. I watch his channels for all content. Not just for the Sims. He also does food reviews (sandwiches and chips) and has a vast knowledge of computers from the past, present and future. He is a very interesting person and I enjoy all of his content.

Oh me too, I love all his videos , his dive into old retro games PC games and PCs are SO interesting. I live for that.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    I really look forward to his reviews but I don’t think he really got into this pack. It seemed a very superficial overview and he didn’t seem to notice (or failed to mention) any of the issues people are having. I was expecting him to say that if you’re interested in the pack wait until they’ve got all the bugs ironed out to buy it. I’m wondering how much time he spent with this pack before reviewing it.
  • Options
    I think he's really losing interest and fast. Especially since his channel recently became more popular from his other types of videos, he has given up on the Sims 4.
    I'm pretty sure he's just waiting for The Sims 5 so he can really get invested again. I think he even said that in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqaprLT7zic
  • Options
    I think he's really losing interest and fast. Especially since his channel recently became more popular from his other types of videos, he has given up on the Sims 4.
    I'm pretty sure he's just waiting for The Sims 5 so he can really get invested again. I think he even said that in this video:

And in one of his recent reviews (forgot which) he said "it's dragging on and on, and quite frankly I am getting burned out." me too Clint...Me too ;-;!
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member

And in one of his recent reviews (forgot which) he said "it's dragging on and on, and quite frankly I am getting burned out." me too Clint...Me too ;-;!

Same.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    It's quite a meh review that won't change anyone's opinions on the game.
  • Options
    sennawales wrote: »

@sennawales Well the point of a review is to share your opinion without forcing it into other people. So there you have it I guess...
  • Options

Don't care, I always enjoy his opinion regardless.
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member

@sennawales Well the point of a review is to share your opinion without forcing it into other people. So there you have it I guess...

No, the point of a game review is the same as any other form of journalism, which is an argument, not an opinion.
  • Options
    Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member

I don't blame him. After years of the game being out, it is *still* a shallow game.

I don't get how the Sims team says they are constantly listening to us, but then continue to make simple game play. We want more challenges. The Sims 4 is, by far, the easiest game to play and it becomes incredibly boring so fast because of this.

I think they had a really good initial idea with this, but dropped the ball executing it, again. Why do the neighborhoods all automatically become neutral without any of our input?? If anything, they should become industrial. Where is the challenge??
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    That is not review but the introduction of the game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Love LGR! I actually re-watch his Sims reviews for packs I've already watched, or don't ever play -- I just find his passion and approach entertaining. I got into him through the vintage computer stuff, though.
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member

I wouldn't count on it. Whatever the gimmick is that becomes Sims5 he'll certainly buy it to review it, and I'd wager that is as far as he go...very neutral or perhaps even slightly skeptical.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    In general speaking I find it a lazy when someone post just a link without any summary from it. It looks like a clickbait to me to promote a channel.

But I've seen this and I'm not convinced from his review style. I won't watch him again.
  • Options
    @Daravi I mean it's not clickbait, it literally says in the title LGR's Eco Lifestyle Review.

Also this is a good way to promote a channel by someone who is not a Game Changer so yeah there you have it.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    @SimmerGeorge That's the definition of clickbait: Give a curious - making title, but to find out more the reader have to watch or have to click through 50 pages.

If there is a desire to help such people, it's better to write down a short summary of the video and how the own impression was from it. That will help them more to gain consistent viewers.
  • Options
    It's just a a heads up that the review is here for existing fans and people who might be interested.
    Clickbait is naming a video/post etc something that is either overexaggerated or not even relevant to the video:
    Example of a clickbait title: "LGR ist pregnant!" And then just post his review of Eco lifestyle.
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    LGR is so important to me, he is my go to before I buy a pack, his videos are short and sweet and straight to the point, and non biased, other simmers make videos that are too long and they sugar coat their reviews.
  • Options
    saucelicioussaucelicious Posts: 18 Member
    No expansion is ever worth 50$, that includes Eco Lifestyle. Sims 4 and all its content is a major step back from Sims 3, i never got used to the constant loading screens either.
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    No expansion is ever worth 50$, that includes Eco Lifestyle. Sims 4 and all its content is a major step back from Sims 3, i never got used to the constant loading screens either.

I think sooner or later we will agree that it’s the worst expansion pack lol.
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    I'm not getting the expansion pack. Probably not even on a sale. Doesn't really seem worth my time tbh.

I was interested in the concept of being able to change the appearance of worlds and impacting the environment, but that's not really the case, lol. Apart from EH.

Also LOL'd at wallpaper having a bigger eco footprint than your sim's actions. Haha. Oh Sims...

I'll just watch James' "Rags to Redevelopment" series and continue to play with my legacy household. *shrug*
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    I watch all his reviews
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king