Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 as a future PS5 game?!?! Sims 5 coming more sooner than later? **NEW LEAK FROM UK MAG**

Comments

• Options
    Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    After EA's initial treatment of The Sims 4, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, as well as their unethical treatment of gambling mechanics in their sports games, and how they abandon ship on a lot of projects that don't do well, even when they forced developers to release them before they were finished, I'm very skeptical about how they're going to treat The Sims 5.

Not only will it be a live service, but they plan to implement multiplayer which gives me additional concerns. Implementing multiplayer means taking content away from single player, and what would this mean for dlc? Additionally, I don't think The Sims 4 is in a good enough state to leave it in, and I'm personally sick of The Sims jumping ship when they've still got plenty of content they could add. I will probably purchase The Sims 5 at some point, but right now, I've been purchasing every pack for the past few iterations, and my wallet is tired.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    After EA's initial treatment of The Sims 4, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, as well as their unethical treatment of gambling mechanics in their sports games, and how they abandon ship on a lot of projects that don't do well, even when they forced developers to release them before they were finished, I'm very skeptical about how they're going to treat The Sims 5.

Not only will it be a live service, but they plan to implement multiplayer which gives me additional concerns. Implementing multiplayer means taking content away from single player, and what would this mean for dlc? Additionally, I don't think The Sims 4 is in a good enough state to leave it in, and I'm personally sick of The Sims jumping ship when they've still got plenty of content they could add. I will probably purchase The Sims 5 at some point, but right now, I've been purchasing every pack for the past few iterations, and my wallet is tired.

Teeeeeeeechnically we don't know if any of this will be true. I'm afraid the online component will be more present too, though, but we simply don't know at this point.

But, hear me defending EA at least once in my lifetime: they messed up Star Wars Battlefront, but boy did they do good with Fallen Jedi. They can publish good games if they want to & give their studios the creative freedom / funds they need to do it.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @KaeChan2089 i think this article from may 16 2020 Last monthPretty much confirm that the sims5 will be announce at virtual ea play https://enter21st.com/ea-play-2020-date-fifa-21-madden-21-nhl-21-nba-live-21-next-gen-ps5-xbox-series-x-dragon-age-4-sims-5-star-wars-battlefront-3-fallen-order-sequel-apex-battlefield-6-extra/ **Sims 5
    With Sims 4 launched again in 2014, you’ll anticipate a sequel to be on the best way, however once more, anticipate the following Sims title to be showcased in 12 months’ time.

the sims 5 ea play
    It is predicted to reach in early 2021, so possibly we could get a distant tease at EA Play this 12 months.

READ MORE: Everything we all know in regards to the Sims 5 at EA Play
    link and article that pretty much confirms this on watch for more info a ps5 annoncement for the new console to see if they will mention the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    @KaeChan2089 i think this article from may 16 2020 Last monthPretty much confirm that the sims5 will be announce at virtual ea play https://enter21st.com/ea-play-2020-date-fifa-21-madden-21-nhl-21-nba-live-21-next-gen-ps5-xbox-series-x-dragon-age-4-sims-5-star-wars-battlefront-3-fallen-order-sequel-apex-battlefield-6-extra/ **Sims 5
    With Sims 4 launched again in 2014, you’ll anticipate a sequel to be on the best way, however once more, anticipate the following Sims title to be showcased in 12 months’ time.

the sims 5 ea play
    It is predicted to reach in early 2021, so possibly we could get a distant tease at EA Play this 12 months.

READ MORE: Everything we all know in regards to the Sims 5 at EA Play
    link and article that pretty much confirms this on watch for more info a ps5 annoncement for the new console to see if they will mention the sims5

OOoooh now I am excited for EA play...

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Teeeeeeeechnically we don't know if any of this will be true. I'm afraid the online component will be more present too, though, but we simply don't know at this point.

But, hear me defending EA at least once in my lifetime: they messed up Star Wars Battlefront, but boy did they do good with Fallen Jedi. They can publish good games if they want to & give their studios the creative freedom / funds they need to do it.
    That is because Fallen Order they decided to go back to single player only.
    https://www.slashgear.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-is-officially-a-single-player-hit-31608193/#:~:text=If there was any question,a shadow of a doubt.

So yes proof that EA doesn't handle online games well with another franchise.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Did you ever consider they do give the studios enough money to build a game but they aren't responsible for the choices those studios make, like spending hundreds to thousands on a talking toilet? :( Or a tiny world with all backdrops instead of a map that is useable to the player.
    EA really takes a lot of the backlash for stuff they really have nothing to do with when it comes to the content of a game. They also take the blame for deadlines they don't set. Studios tell EA when they may have something ready, of course there are expectations and deadlines but normally it's the studio who tells EA when they can release something. (ready) It's not EA's fault those deadlines are sometimes missed by a studio because something went wrong or the work didn't get done. It really isn't EA's fault they expect a studio to have hired the developers that know how to solve a problem quickly and or within a time limit. EA doesn't hire the developers to actually build those games but the individual studio hires their staff, so yeah, EA takes a lot of heat sometimes because so many are afraid to say a studio was mismanaged.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Did you ever consider they do give the studios enough money to build a game but they aren't responsible for the choices those studios make, like spending hundreds to thousands on a talking toilet? :( Or a tiny world with all backdrops instead of a map that is useable to the player.
    EA really takes a lot of the backlash for stuff they really have nothing to do with when it comes to the content of a game. They also take the blame for deadlines they don't set. Studios tell EA when they may have something ready, of course there are expectations and deadlines but normally it's the studio who tells EA when they can release something. (ready) It's not EA's fault those deadlines are sometimes missed by a studio because something went wrong or the work didn't get done. It really isn't EA's fault they expect a studio to have hired the developers that know how to solve a problem quickly and or within a time limit. EA doesn't hire the developers to actually build those games but the individual studio hires their staff, so yeah, EA takes a lot of heat sometimes because so many are afraid to say a studio was mismanaged.

I guess we'll never know what's really going on but I still have hope for my favorite franchise and I believe that the Sims 5 will be good
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2020
    No Maxis games were announced during PlayStation 5 event.

Next event : EA Play on June 18, 2020
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    No Maxis games were announced during PlayStation 5 Livestream.

There is a tweet that no Sims game at EA play

so....:(
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    I is sad.... Back to reality now. Haha.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    No Maxis games were announced during PlayStation 5 Livestream.

There is a tweet that no Sims game at EA play

so....:(

its sad saw the tweet as well
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Next thread... The Sims 5 will be announced in ...
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The new generation is just starting and they said The Sims 5 will be released in 12 months or more after the launch of the PS5. The only thing that is confirmed is that The Sims 5 will be part of the new generation but a generation could be 7 years long.

The only thing that we can be sure of is that The Sims 5 will be released in the next 7 years, no reason to speculate a 2021 launch.

However I am very excited for The Sims 5 unlike many other Simmers. Since I didn't like Sims 4 that much I didn't spend so much money on packs and now I can't wait for a better and improved game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

lol, I guess most of us really didn't expect EA Play to announce TS5 nor for PlayStation to announce a game that isn't finished yet. But jog my memory (anyone) has Maxis always announced the next generation of this franchise (The Sims) at EA Play? I don't recall that, seems like we already knew there would be a next game by news somewhere else, don't recall Maxis actually only announcing a next game at EA Play. But maybe I'm forgetful in old age.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

lol, I guess most of us really didn't expect EA Play to announce TS5 nor for PlayStation to announce a game that isn't finished yet. But jog my memory (anyone) has Maxis always announced the next generation of this franchise (The Sims) at EA Play? I don't recall that, seems like we already knew there would be a next game by news somewhere else, don't recall Maxis actually only announcing a next game at EA Play. But maybe I'm forgetful in old age.
    I don’t recall when the announced a new series either but they said they won’t be showing anything new products at EA play.

• Options

Actually you remember the eye teaser before TS4 was announced? I believe that was at EA Play.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Cinebar
    • TS4 was announced on May 6, 2013 (Blog)
    • TS3 was announced on March 19, 2008 (Press release)
    • TS2 was announced on May 5, 2003 (Press release)
    • TS1... IGN gets some videos of Will Wright about it on May 15, 1999

• Options
    @Cinebar

5 years with the other sims...
    Sims 4...came out in 2014.....still going on today...
    SMH.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Nothing happened in 2018, next try in 2023.

PS2 (2000) -> TS1 (2000) -> TS1 PS2 (2003) -> TS2 (2004) -> TS2 PS2 (2005)
    PS3 (2006) -> TS3 (2009) -> TS3 PS3 (2010)
    PS4 (2013) -> TS4 (2014) -> TS4 PS4 (2017)

PS5 (2021) -> TS5 (2024/2025?) -> TS5 PS5 (2026/2027?)

The Sims 4 rebranding in 2019 + 5-year time horizon (2019 - 2023)
    You'll continue to see us think about games on a 5- and 6-year time horizon. The Sims, which launched again over 5 years ago and continues to grow every year through extra content and live services, would be an example of that.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

The Sims 4 rebranding in 2019 + 5-year time horizon
    You'll continue to see us think about games on a 5- and 6-year time horizon. The Sims, which launched again over 5 years ago and continues to grow every year through extra content and live services, would be an example of that.

Well this is the 6th year for TS4 so that means TS5 should be coming out next year, lol!

• Options
    edited June 2020

god no...PLEASE no ;-;
    tenor.gif

The Sims 4 rebranding in 2019 + 5-year time horizon

Well this is the 6th year for TS4 so that means TS5 should be coming out next year, lol!

I hope so <3.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

No announcement in 2020 means no release in 2021.

As you saw the announcements are done in March/May for a release date within the next 12 months

TS4 : May announcement for February/March (Early 2014) release date but delayed to September
    TS3 : March announcement for February release date but delayed to June
    TS2 : May announcement for February/March (Early 2004) release date but delayed to September
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @ClarionOfJoy

Another thing to clarify, it's the 7th year. With 2021, 2022 and 2023 it will reach 10 years.

The Sims 4
    1. 2014
    2. 2015
    3. 2016
    4. 2017
    5. 2018
    6. 2019 (Rebranded)
    7. 2020

The Sims 3
    1. 2009
    2. 2010
    3. 2011
    4. 2012
    5. 2013

The Sims 2
    1. 2004
    2. 2005
    3. 2006
    4. 2007
    5. 2008
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

I just read the article I think he meant they want to keep their games alive for 5 and 6 years and The Sims 4 is a good example because unlike its predecessor it's still growing 6 years later. He never said the rebranding will reverse that time.
    I think The Sims 4 has 2020 and 2021 time for new content and then it's bye bye. Who knows maybe we'll see a new installment in 2022 so 2 years from now. Sounds reasonable to me.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    @ClarionOfJoy

Another thing to clarify, it's a the 7th year. With 2021, 2022 and 2023 it will reach 10 years.

The Sims 4
    1. 2014
    2. 2015
    3. 2016
    4. 2017
    5. 2018
    6. 2019 (Rebranded)
    7. 2020

The Sims 3
    1. 2009
    2. 2010
    3. 2011
    4. 2012
    5. 2013

The Sims 2
    1. 2004
    2. 2005
    3. 2006
    4. 2007
    5. 2008

7 years too long...
    And just because it was rebranded does NOT automatically mean stretching it out and put years of content in it.

The game's core is breaking, a fine example of this is the balcony bug, and they can't even fix that because of the game's code.