The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Rate Eco Lifestyle After You've Played???

1235...Next

Comments

• empkaileenaempkaileena Posts: 21 Member
    Eh. I've found very little to enjoy.
    I would say its okay. But I decided to vote for little to enjoy. Mainly because of the very annoying bugs, poor implementations. A balcony that cannot be used and shameful team that can't fix it, together with the other numerous bugs that plague the game for years. A juice machine that apparently no matter how poor your items are... still makes you earn 400 dollars for a 6 pack... what? There is sooooo much poor decisions. And I could say to myself: Corona... Team works home.. must be hard to get stuff together. But Corona is not the problem here. It only makes the problem bigger most likely.

It's a shame really. The objects and furniture of the pack are stunning. Many things I really desired for a long time. And the new neightborhood looks fairly cool. Although my favorite will probably remain Sulani and Windenburg. All in all.. the pack is kinda worth the money for the objects. But the new gameplay and stuff and systems.... Garbage.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I absolutely love it! What a stellar addition to the game!
    Another thing I love about the pack is all the new lot traits! I really enjoy lot traits, so I’m excited to have more.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Somewhat disappointing, boring, and in general, underwhelming seems to be the consensus about Eco-lifestyle on most Sims4 related forums. I thought the build stuff seemed mostly rehashed but otherwise, not too bad. Though its unfortunate there are no more artwork available to go with this new pack and it's theme. Lol, I guess there is always Rosemow's (and others) generous gallery work :)
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2020
    I enjoy it! It's a good pack
    It's been a week since release and I feel like I can finally share some thoughts. I was stuck between the first two options, but I feel it is 'very good'. While the features are great, I don't think they are as great as they can be, and bugs are partly to blame for that.

First of all, I love the concept. I'm happy to see the devs bringing out something different that is not geared towards parties, families or prestige.

There are some things I absolutely love and can't play without. The crafting/fabrication skill is great fun and boy do I love candle making! I also feel the pack provides great goal orientated game play - making your neighbourhood more green, living off the grid, rags to riches etc and I welcome this kind of stuff.

CAS/Build & Buy are fantastic. The CAS really suits my play style, and being a 'non builder', it has encouraged me to build! I am having fun creating off the grid lots, treehouses and container homes. I was always intimidated by the big fancy house style and I feel like I can finally make something that doesn't have awkward roofing :lol:

However, the bugs really pull this game down and I hope they get fixed soon. Some have impacted the enjoyment of the main gameplay features. Plants don't grow normally on community garden lots, for example.

Some NAPs, while a great idea, are spammy and really off putting. I don't like living in a neighbourhood where my sink is at risk of sticky fingers or my neighbour wants to punch me every two minutes. Some of the NAPs are great fun, however, but I find myself cheating away some of them so I can have peace to focus on my gameplay.

I also feel like the balance is very tilted towards the eco/green side. Alright, the pack may be called 'Eco Lifestyle' but it would be great if there was a better balance in achieving green or industrial. The eco footprint is a great addition to the game but it could be improved in many ways. Where are the industrial lot traits? More industrial items? I've found my neighbourhoods gradually magnetise towards neutral or green. If we could easily make the footprint more industrial I would change my vote on this pack. I wouldn't be able to live without it. I am hoping for a fix or a mod on this.

I would give EL 7 1/2 or 8/10. It is not the dream pack, but I won't forget it quickly either. If the bugs and features can be improved, I will bump it up to one of the best packs in the game.

Okay, there goes a very wordy review :lol:
    Post edited by ParmaViolet87 on
    giphy.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited June 2020
    It's terrible. I think it's one the worst packs we have so far.
    I would have voted this average or enjoyable if it weren't for the NAPs and how they are controlling sim behavior.
    I've put the game aside for now.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Same here, I would change my answer to terrible if I could.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I would love to change my answer. :(
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I find it average and OK.
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    I would love to change my answer. :(

me too, to "I find little to enjoy."
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I absolutely love it! What a stellar addition to the game!
    CK213 wrote: »
    I would have voted this average or enjoyable if it weren't for the NAPs and how they are controlling sim behavior.
    I've put the game aside for now.

I fully agree with you. The NAPs are the most poorly implemented feature of all of Sims 4! I really hope the developers know that they have to gut and redo these from the inside out if they actually want people to enjoy Eco Lifestyle! It's just BAD at how terribly they act and completely ruin all autonomous behavior. Most of these plans are nothing but a spammy bugfest in how they function!
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    The NAPs are so annoying. One thing isn’t clear. I’ve disabled NPC voting. If my Sims don’t vote do the NAPs stop or does the game pick something? Does something have to win?
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞