Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did the graphics get an update?

Hey guys,

I recently saw 1-2 people on the forum saying they're pretty sure the graphics got an update with Eco lifestyle. Personally I don't think this is true. Did anyone of you notice any upgrades?
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'm not sure about an update for the game as a whole, but definitely they've gotten better at textures with this pack and the last few packs. If you compare clothing in CAS (for example) and pick a shirt that came with EL and a base game one, there is a clear difference in quality. Maybe that's what people are talking about?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Well they are basically saying if you have performance issues it could be because theyp upgraded the graphics altogether.

I'm pretty sure EA would tell us, right?
    Oh! I haven't heard that, but yeah, I would assume that if they were doing something that big, it would have been in the patch notes.
    Now that I'm thinking on it, when they dropped support for the older Mac systems and 32 bit, I think they did actually up the base game specs. That was last summer though? Nothing recent like with the new pack.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    I know they changed the look of the cooking & rewards store menus; items are more clearly separated & it somehow looks "cleaner."
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Well they are basically saying if you have performance issues it could be because theyp upgraded the graphics altogether.

I'm pretty sure EA would tell us, right?

I disagree my game runs fine,the graphics are impeccable, but my sim keeps Stopping to do push ups, mold clay, play with a random cube, and so many other interactions that are autonomous
    edited June 2020
    But overall, the graphics are Definitely Improved,I notice every detail on my sim now, and their outfits and hair, they look so amazing.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I actually noticed some texture changes while playing lately. But I can’t tell if it’s because they updated the graphics or if that’s just how it really looks. I’ve been playing with a lighting mod from the start but when the latest patch broke it, I just gave it up altogether.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Tony89 wrote: »
    But overall, the graphics are Definitely Improved,I notice every detail on my sim now, and their outfits and hair, they look so amazing.

@Tony89 They did upgrade the graphics in like 2017 or something but they also told us. If they had done it this time I am sure they would say something. There cannot be better graphics but same performance. If they do upgrade them, there will be a difference in perfomance, that is just how it works.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I have not noticed anything except some UI changes and that the sunlight looks a bit different.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I really hope they go back and update some of the base game and (GTW, if they’re feeling generous) textures, specifically hairs.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    The lighting has definitely changed, there's more contrast and effects, and there's more of a tiltshift effect.
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    Maybe it has to do with the Eco Lifestyle states? It’s been set up so the green and (possibly) neutral states appear sharper than the industrial one?

I haven’t been playing since the patch so I’m just making a guess.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    Would love someone to post pictures. Cause I can't tell xD.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Would love someone to post pictures. Cause I can't tell xD.

owIVcAo.png
    TqtU5Mk.png
    Tony89 wrote: »

@Tony89 They did upgrade the graphics in like 2017 or something but they also told us. If they had done it this time I am sure they would say something. There cannot be better graphics but same performance. If they do upgrade them, there will be a difference in perfomance, that is just how it works.

Well they did resolve the issue for Mac users with the new June patch that resolved the black squares underneath our sims when ultra graphics were set in settings, so maybe now that I’m able to play on ultra settings finally without the black square glitch, that I’m able to enjoy the graphics better now.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    No I dont think so, it's just a sunrays from different angle thats why it looks good on the pict, mine also looked as good as that even before EL.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2020
    I noticed when I was updating my seeds collection that the flowers and fruits seemed to have deeper colours and more details, also I never realy noticed the breezes but they seem to be connected to more objects so its more noticeable. Or I just played sims medieval too long and now sims 4 looks more spectacular lol :D
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I cannot confirm if it looks better than before but I have recently been admiring the graphics and the sunlight shining through my windows in the evening. Looks super good.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(