Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nikkei_Simmer's Stupid Questions #3 - WCIF - A Small World (256x256) with only 9 lots:

Considering the size of my Legacy family...I'm looking at giving them a world "of their own"...and I'm looking for a very small world that has only 9 residential lots-as well as the community lots. Basically, I don't want any immigration whatsoever so I'm not giving anyone else a chance to "move in" because "my" family will have taken up all the lots in the world. :mrgreen:

"Oh...look...the neighbourhood is going to pieces...Honey, we gotta move out of here..." TAKE OVER!!! :D

So...does anyone know of a small world with a limited number of lots...(in the single digits?)
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    This isn't exactly what you wanted, I'm not aware of a world like the one you're looking for but maybe...Hylewood by Nilxis ? It has 15 lots. And I've never counted the lots in Amberville, by aaronrogers8i3, but it's my favorite small town. It's a tiny dessert town based on Amboy CA. Createaworldblog went down a long time ago but all of aaronrogers8i3 's stuff is archived here. Personal favorite of his is Mesa Grande because of it's immaculate performance on my machine but that town is at least the size of sunset valley.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited June 2020
    Thanks, @Satanu_Reeves, I'll check it out. It may be good for a family or two. I've separated my legacy family into several different families according to marriage. And I may split them into different games and different locales...with other members of the family making appearances. I'd like to continue the original legacy...and see how far I get with the heir's lines.

The need for a world with 9 large 64x64 and three small lots (that's just the residential lots) has given me a headlong push into forcibly learning CAW as well as parkland and the commercial lots needed to be placed down.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I never have sims move in because I don't allow immigration. Do you allow it and do sims actually move into your sims' world?
    edited June 2020
    @Mikezumi, I've been trying to figure out how to eliminate immigration (other than building a "wall" ~sorry, bad joke~). I've tried the NRAAS Register and SP but still haven't been able to eliminate ALL sims (service); I've managed to get to the point where no Townies are generating...all the rest are service NPCs and they keep spawning...and I have to keep killing them off. I don't know how @TadOlson manages to keep the service NPCs from spawning in the games and I'd like to pick @TadOlson's brain on how to do that.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer I thought you meant sims actually moving into homes not service sims. I have no idea how to eliminate them unfortunately. Why are they an issue if they don't move into homes?
    I am thinking that even if you find a world and fill it with family only you will still have service sims spawning.
    I think...worlds without roads can't spawn service sims? I vaguely remember, I think it was @igazor said something about that being a limit of worlds designed without roads.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't remember ever saying that. Whether some Service Sims can ever successfully route to where they need to go to perform their services may be a different question, but I've never played a world with no roads.

You cannot have a world without Service Sims. Immigration is all about resident households, not homeless NPCs. You can instruct NRaas Register to stop using what it calls "immigrants" which in that case means new, specially generated sims to take up role object slots. but those are Role Sims, not Service Sims, and then you will need to either have enough residents to fill those role slots or else not have any role giving objects in town at all. And on top of Service Sims, the game itself will generate homeless sims to fill career slots if there aren't enough residents in town to provide bosses and co-workers, plus homeless street performers if Showtime is in play. None of these are controlled by resident immigration.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Wow, that was fast. Hm, don't remember where I read that then, maybe it was just a weird dream.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    Wow, that was fast. Hm, don't remember where I read that then, maybe it was just a weird dream.
    We all have those. I don't know if it's a requirement to be a weird dreamer in order to enjoy this game or if it's the other way around and the game spawns the weird dreams. I may have to think about that for a while, now that it's on the table. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    I bet it helps to be a weird dreamer in a sandbox style game.
    edited June 2020
    Well...anyhoo... Even if I can't get rid of service sims, I'll just make only enough lots for my family to live in and that will keep the rest of the buggers (townies) from moving in.

Cue: "Maple Meadows" a play on Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows where I grew up. The long windy road is gonna be Lougheed Highway. And the other thing is Dewdney Trunk Road. I'll see if I'm prepared to put in any other roads; terrain Editing and painting to commence after I figure out where I'm putting those other roads and whether I'm going to push the mountains back far enough. I'm just leaving enough space for commercial and retail as well as the 11 residential lots I need.

Maple_Meadows1.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited June 2020
    Really, I don't want to keep you from having fun in CAW, but if your SP settings somehow glitch, you can specify for each lot that you want to keep empty that SP isn't allowed to push sims there or use it for the usual stuff. I've never seen those settings being violated.

The SP settings that completely disallow homeless from moving into houses are usually also respected by the game. The only time I see those violated is if you use Traveler to switch homeworlds, and at the very start, the game may get a move in, before SP starts running properly. Other than that, empty houses will stay empty.

By the way, there are lots of worlds available with about 14 residential lots. Several by Rflong7 or Norn come to mind.