Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help me get my worlds back...

wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
edited June 2020 in General Mods Discussion
After following the instructions on the EA help page to clear Origin cache (as discussed on the Broken/Updated Mods thread "the origin cache is in program data/origin. Here is an EA thread about it: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/ ") I have lost all my worlds except for the original 3. It says game data is missing.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this and get my worlds back? Not sure what I could have done wrong as I followed EAs directions step-by-step. I am playing on Windows and have not yet updated my game with the latest patch, as I am waiting for some mods to be updated. ( I did move the Origin cache files to a folder on my desktop rather than deleting them completely).

Any help would be appreciated. I'm posting here because I didn't want to go off topic on luthienrising's AWESOME broken mods thread.
Post edited by wamayeli on

Comments

• wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    edited June 2020
    When I open Origin it says files cannot be loaded in this folder.

I chose another folder and it says that my original files will not be deleted and will still be available.
    It appears to now be re-downloading all my packs (but only downloaded Sims 4 , Sims 4 Digital Deluxe (yes, I have both) and the Sims 4 soundtrack - my other packs were not re-downloaded). Does that mean I will have 2 sets of game files?

Looks like I'm getting the update whether I want it or not. (Origin changed my settings on Automatic Updates from Off to On).

I'm thinking I will just have to delete Origin and my Sims game from my computer and redownload everything to start over.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Since this is not Mods related, I suggest you go back to help.ea.com and ask there. They should be able to help you!
    Thanks for your response @Bananas_45

Sorry for posting in the wrong place. I was going to post/quote in the Broken/Updated mods thread where I found the info and link for clearing the Origin cache, but did not want to clutter up that thread. (Massive thanks to @luthienrising for her awesome work! and for all you @Bananas_45 contribute to that thread as well - don't know what we modders would do without you guys! You guys are AWESOME!)

FWIW - I deleted Origin and started over. Thanks for your help! :)
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    bc0a312d4135d4dce947a0770dbd41f2.png
    Thank you @NoTalent