Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Question Thread

Comments

• reinat18reinat18 Posts: 10 New Member
    Is there someone know if we will have te build and the sims from the trailer ? I really like the red hair girl and the space community
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Is there a way to get the smog vacuum without going through the career?
    I want my freegan to be able to clean up the furniture and make her money selling it to other sims (hoped it could go through the stall with the candles but I can around that one).
    I tried the debug one and she can’t seem to pick it up so I’m hoping there’s another way.......
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    Is there a way to get the smog vacuum without going through the career?
    I want my freegan to be able to clean up the furniture and make her money selling it to other sims (hoped it could go through the stall with the candles but I can around that one).
    I tried the debug one and she can’t seem to pick it up so I’m hoping there’s another way.......

I got the one from debug also. What I did was to make it smaller and then placed it on the sales table. Once it is on the sales table, click on the table and select clear table. It will go into the table inventory and then you will be able to add it to your inventory from there.
  • InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    Not sure if this is eco lifestyle related, but I've certainly noticed it since installing the pack as well as updating... but has anyone else's sims been putting on weight really fast? Without even trying to, like they only eat when their hunger is in the red? Knox married my sim and now he is overweight and so is my sim. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.
    crocobaura wrote: »

I got the one from debug also. What I did was to make it smaller and then placed it on the sales table. Once it is on the sales table, click on the table and select clear table. It will go into the table inventory and then you will be able to add it to your inventory from there.

Thank you! Going to get that done right now :)
  • BluelereleBluelerele Posts: 5 New Member
    i have a question. did anyone how everyone in evergreen harbor would become dazed all the time? I dont know what triggers that emotion but it surely irks and confuses me how everyone around my sim looks dazed
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    Bluelerele wrote: »
    i have a question. did anyone how everyone in evergreen harbor would become dazed all the time? I dont know what triggers that emotion but it surely irks and confuses me how everyone around my sim looks dazed

I've not seen that in my game, but if the hood is polluted, they might react to the pollution?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    MKM452 wrote: »
    Question- is anyone's Eco footprint decaying in about a day? I successfully turned the industrial section into Green Healthy area but it only last about a day and then I'm back to natural (another day then I'm back to industrial). Is it supposed to change so quickly?

Yes. This is one of my complaints about the pack. The industrial side dropped far too quickly for me. I hope they can fix this or at least there will be a mod to steady it a bit.

This may be a really dumb question - How do you vote for community lot types? I have went to the board and they are greyed out :( Am I missing something obvious?
    You'll need Influence for that. Once you have that you can go to the ''default'' community space and vote there or just click on the mailbox and vote. You'll need 10 influence points (which counts as 1 vote). Influence points are accumulated by interacting with the active neighborhood plan, doing friendly interactions, etc.

Also, I noticed that you need to live in the area. If the map is broken down in sections you need a community space in that specific area. I found out the hard way after I built community spaces and found out wrong area.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited June 2020

It's from the pollution. Once you clean up the area it doesn't happen anymore. Until the eco footprint devolves.
    Post edited by joRN1414 on
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • PenguinBudgiePenguinBudgie Posts: 44 Member

In my game, I've also noticed that in neighborhoods with the "roughhousing encouraged" NAP that the loser of a fight usually becomes dazed.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    magooo63 wrote: »
    The trash men, or (Bin Men) depending on where you live should come once a week, but i only see them on my personal lot, not community lot.
    also, one time the trash man came and gave me a $50 fine for letting my trash pile up.

I have yet to see them appear. It would be nice if they cleaned up the little community areas in the game that are uneditable. So many empty mugs and cups that I can't do anything with!

Here's my question - is it only Sims with the eco traits that are able to rummage through the garbage cans at home? None of my Sims seem able to dig through their trash for recycleables. Do I need a compost? Do I need the recycler to make those options appear?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    The trash men, or (Bin Men) depending on where you live should come once a week, but i only see them on my personal lot, not community lot.
    also, one time the trash man came and gave me a $50 fine for letting my trash pile up.

I have yet to see them appear. It would be nice if they cleaned up the little community areas in the game that are uneditable. So many empty mugs and cups that I can't do anything with!

Here's my question - is it only Sims with the eco traits that are able to rummage through the garbage cans at home? None of my Sims seem able to dig through their trash for recycleables. Do I need a compost? Do I need the recycler to make those options appear?

Your lot needs to have the recycler trait for the trash to pile up, but if you do, sims should be able to rummage in normal trash cans. However, if your sims live in an apartment, they may be taking their trash directly to the apartment trash outside and they can of course not rummage in there. So you need to make sure they put some of their garbage in the normal trash.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Your lot needs to have the recycler trait for the trash to pile up, but if you do, sims should be able to rummage in normal trash cans. However, if your sims live in an apartment, they may be taking their trash directly to the apartment trash outside and they can of course not rummage in there. So you need to make sure they put some of their garbage in the normal trash.

@magooo63 can you please take a screenshot of the Bin Men? I have yet to see them too. At this point I’m really skeptic EAxis coded in NPC’s apart from Knox, Bess, and Tina. I just can’t believe that garbage collection actually exists in game? My save is 28 days in since transferring to Grims Quarry and I have never ever seen one. I usually just ask my sim to “Empty Trash” when the outdoor bins are full and he goes through this action that says he’s gone to the dumps or something. I have the recycling lot trait too btw.
  • stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    Has someone ever got their money back from Bess Sterling? My Sim already gave her 5000 Simoleons, never got something back. When she said she couldnot afford another investment, the relationship to Bess dropped.
  • grnblzgrnblz Posts: 249 Member
    @SimAddiction101 You can get the bikes diving in the dumpsters.
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    Can you have both green initiatives and modern developments or do you have to pick one or the other?
    &PHgr;
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    revgrv wrote: »
    Can you have both green initiatives and modern developments or do you have to pick one or the other?

Both I think. I’m trying it in a save now so I’ll let you know for sure later when I get back on.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Is there anyway to filter by eco/industrial footprint and by power/water consumption? Because there is just too many items to go through.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
    revgrv wrote: »

I’ve had both running for a while yes.
  • widdleguywiddleguy Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone help explain the power/water system? I have a Murphy bed(electric???) and a mini fridge with 4 solar panels and a turbine but it’s not enough?
  • mavelymavely Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Khrisstyne said:
    > Is there anyway to filter by eco/industrial footprint and by power/water consumption? Because there is just too many items to go through.

try searching off the grid or by the pack
  • mavelymavely Posts: 11 New Member
    > @stenopelix said:
    > Has someone ever got their money back from Bess Sterling? My Sim already gave her 5000 Simoleons, never got something back. When she said she couldnot afford another investment, the relationship to Bess dropped.

yes, i told her i couldn't give her any more money around 2-3 k simoleons. she gave it back.
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

@magooo63 can you please take a screenshot of the Bin Men? I have yet to see them too. At this point I’m really skeptic EAxis coded in NPC’s apart from Knox, Bess, and Tina. I just can’t believe that garbage collection actually exists in game? My save is 28 days in since transferring to Grims Quarry and I have never ever seen one. I usually just ask my sim to “Empty Trash” when the outdoor bins are full and he goes through this action that says he’s gone to the dumps or something. I have the recycling lot trait too btw.

I had a repair guy wearing brown overalls come and collect my sim's trash twice so far. I saw in a picture someone posted that the trash person is wearing a yellow boilersuit uniform with a hard hat.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    @crocobaura I’m so jealousss! What day do they usually collect? Do I have to put in a dumpster? Or would an outdoor bin be enough?
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    @crocobaura I’m so jealousss! What day do they usually collect? Do I have to put in a dumpster? Or would an outdoor bin be enough?

Have no idea. My sim had the front door locked due to Sharing is Caring NAP and the first time didn't let the guy in. The second time he was let inside and collected the trash bag from the dustbin. As it was an apartment, there was no wheelie bin. Found a picture of the waste managment person. :lol:
    Nindigo wrote: »
    A few more shots from the episode with Morgyn yesterday. Later, I could confirm that he is also still bartending at The Caboose which is the hangout of Duane's bro-themed club. They're friends as it as.

X7ew5Aq.jpg
    Duane complimented on Morgyn's new outfit...I don't think he was being 100% serious though. Morgyn was pleased, however, and didn't inferniate him. *whacks Duane*

DO1KFrP.jpg
    - Sorry, man. You're totally the best.

LaahGKr.jpg
    *Purr*