Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

w.... wHY? WHY!!!!!!

MollyG1997MollyG1997 Posts: 299 Member
There.. are two counters that are free. TWO. T-W-O. 2. free COUNTERS!

My sim choosing to cook her food, ON A SINK! IN THE BATHROOM. At the OTHER END OF HER APARTMENT.
If I stop her, drag her cooking to the free counter - she appears to realise WHERE HER KITCHEN IS and uses the right space.

*Changes bathroom counter-sinks to standalone sink* - WE SHALL SEE IF THIS FIXES THE PROBLEM, or if she decides to cook somewhere else OTHER than her kitchen.

b7mIk0Z.png
CAGyZIg.gif
hello neiiigghhhhbour

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    it looks like she's trying to clean the salad wise I think
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    it looks like she's trying to clean the salad wise I think

But.. but.. there's a sink.. in the kitchen. D::D
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    This has bugged me for several versions of the game. My mom sim actually went outside and prepared food on the picnic table once. Perhaps a future version will enable us to to assign a function to a room so more appropriate pathing can be chosen.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    This kind of stuff annoys me. It's immersion breaking. They will walk right past something usable to use something further away. In this case the counter, and I'd argue that with the sink in it, it's actually not usable. :/

I see it all the time with dirty dishes too. Walk right past the kitchen sink and 2 floors up to go use a bathroom sink.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    There is a mod for this that allows you to lock sicks so they will not wash dishes in them. Let me find it.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/important-up-2-37959053

Zero does God's work. It may be on Patreon, but all her content is free.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'm pretty sure this particular issue (preparing food on a counter with a sink in it) is caused by the move objects cheat.
    If the cheat was turned on when placing the sink, the game still thinks the slot is unused. Therefore it is valid as a cooking space.

And if this counter happens to be in a straight line from the fridge, then it's preferred to the free counter a few tiles away from the fridge. I first noticed this with trash cans some time ago when emptying toddler potties. The indoor trash can was much closer, but the outdoor trash can was in the same row of squares as the potty, and that's the one they preferred.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2020
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this particular issue (preparing food on a counter with a sink in it) is caused by the move objects cheat.
    If the cheat was turned on when placing the sink, the game still thinks the slot is unused. Therefore it is valid as a cooking space.

And if this counter happens to be in a straight line from the fridge, then it's preferred to the free counter a few tiles away from the fridge. I first noticed this with trash cans some time ago when emptying toddler potties. The indoor trash can was much closer, but the outdoor trash can was in the same row of squares as the potty, and that's the one they preferred.

MOO seems to screw up more than it fixes. I quit using it when I build.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2020
    If you changed the sink to a standalone sink, your sims will always find a new way to use that sink other than to prepare food for example to wash her dishes.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    Molly, my one hundred baby Matriarch did that too. To be fair, I only had two functional counters, but one was completely open and she would go and cook in her bathroom. I noticed she never wanted to cook on dirty counters, too. Sim logic is weird.
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    tbh I'm still not sure why this has never been fixed, surely it would be pretty easy to tweak the code so they use the nearest sink/counter.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I use Scumbumbo's don't wash dishes where you angry poop mod and it works beautifully. Sometimes I forget to enable dishwashing though for the kitchen sink when I move into a new house and wonder why my sims never clean up. lol. But overall, this has fixed the issue for me. As for counters, I never use counters in bathrooms unless they are on a second floor far away from the kitchen.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Turns out I'll be getting the mod.

Changing the sinks didn't work.
    NoTalent wrote: »
    There is a mod for this that allows you to lock sicks so they will not wash dishes in them. Let me find it.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/important-up-2-37959053

Zero does God's work. It may be on Patreon, but all her content is free.

Thanks for the link, my friend.

10QYXqO.png

F8O3F2V.png

I just WISH they would sort this out without mods, it's a known problem.
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    My sims NEVER does dishes in the Kitchen ALWAYS at the stupid bathroom sink allll the way upstairs, when their is so much space in the kitchen and don’t get the stated on going to the bathroom to chop and prep the food!
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    LOL, I've had that happen a bunch of times. It's really annoying. Even when I have free space she still chooses the sink so weird. I don't get it either.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I gotta say I've never had this problem with my sims and all the different houses I've built for them. I do use standalone sinks more tho.

Maybe my sims are just smarter. 🤣🤣✌️
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    If your bathroom sink or counter is of higher quality/stats than the ones in the kitchen your sims may choose to use the nicer one.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2020
    The AI System is messed up, the sims been using the sink in the bathroom for some years now and I am thinking it will never be fixed. I seen my Sim was by the sink in the kitchen and she made it her business to go straight across the house to the bathroom to watch dishes.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    If your bathroom sink or counter is of higher quality/stats than the ones in the kitchen your sims may choose to use the nicer one.

I think you're onto something there.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »

I think you're onto something there.

I wish there was a way to remove the impact of object “quality” on how Sims behave. I design houses based on what I think looks nice, not because I want my Sims traipsing to another wing of the house to make a meal. 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    My sims often choose the item as far away as they can get from the fridge or stove. Quite often they cook "franks and beans" (?) on the bbg (in a pot, stirring as if it was on a stove). They might walk up one story to clean a dish in a bathrom despite originally sitting 2 floor tiles away from a sink.

I wish they would always consider options within their present room first, then the full floor, and THEN other stories. I would understand it if quality was much higher far away, but still it would not make sense in a daily routine. Nobody would walk an extra mile to use a better looking sink.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I almost always get my sims a dishwasher. Even with no sink in the kitchen and a bathroom sink close nearby, they will still use the dishwasher every time. I also prefer to use standalone sinks for bathrooms.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Smarter sims weirder stories. My sim walks upstairs to use the toilet basin instead of the sink in the kitchen. They also walk outside to scrap stuff off the plate into the bin when there is an indoor bin.
  • Options
    MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I almost always get my sims a dishwasher. Even with no sink in the kitchen and a bathroom sink close nearby, they will still use the dishwasher every time. I also prefer to use standalone sinks for bathrooms.

I ultimately wound up using a mod to prevent the sims from using the bathroom sink after loading the dish washer with a cup and then getting the rest of the dishes on the lot.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I hate when they stand eating by the fridge, and then walk to the other end of the house to put the food down on a coffee table instead of just putting the food back in the fridge.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Cool glitch, I hope they leave it in.