Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you doing?

JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
edited September 2022 in Off Topic Chat
I’m bored, at home. Struggling to find the motivation to move from the couch after several episodes of The Office :lol:

So I just thought I’d ask, how are you?

I’m alright, luckily have a job so I’m thankful. Got my pup with me. I’m an introvert so enjoying the solitude, but missing the fun parts of socializing with friends in person. Playing sims a lot more, so I’m glad I have this as an intense hobby haha. So all things considered, I’m alright.

How are you?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• daydreamer263daydreamer263 Posts: 24 Member
    Hey, I do the same! I just put the office on while I play just so I have something on in the background.

I'm doing okay, I want to return to work but my job location is not busy enough to bring me back yet. Hopefully once my state opens up a little bit more they will. I keep myself busy in the meantime, I've cleaned and organized my house so much that now there's nothing really more I need to tackle other than maintenance lol. So I fill those down times with Sims!

Thank god for such an addicting game :D

Thanks for asking how we're doing and I hope you're doing okay as well.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Having a hard time suddenly because I'm just bored with ts4, it's si untrue that these are some kind of surprising ai that will react in unpredictable ways like they say in the origin teaser ad. They all act the same because any innate differences are overridden by everything else, like lot traits, objects, everything.

But nothing seems to interest me now. I can't bring myself to pick up my guitar, don't care about the Sims game anymore, nothing seems interesting or worthwhile lately, least of all me.

So. Not super, but thanks for asking. Anyone else have an uodate?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Thank you so much for responding, @daydreamer263 :smile:
    I hear you on the house organization! I've done that too. May have shifted things around in my kitchen.. several times!

I'm sorry to hear that, @Nushnushganay I appreciate your response. We will get through this. :wink:
  • daydreamer263daydreamer263 Posts: 24 Member
    > @Nushnushganay said:
    > Having a hard time suddenly because I'm just bored with ts4, it's si untrue that these are some kind of surprising ai that will react in unpredictable ways like they say in the origin teaser ad. They all act the same because any innate differences are overridden by everything else, like lot traits, objects, everything.
    >
    > But nothing seems to interest me now. I can't bring myself to pick up my guitar, don't care about the Sims game anymore, nothing seems interesting or worthwhile lately, least of all me.
    >
    > So. Not super, but thanks for asking. Anyone else have an uodate?

I ran into the same problem where I found the typical game play boring and I hit a creative wall. Have you tried playing with mods? They're stupid easy to download, and there's a great mod called MCCC by Deaderpool. To describe it, it's like it unzips the working mechanisms of the game and you can customize the story progression to your liking as well as add in a few more "surprises." For example, the "Woohoo" script allows for nudity, and you can change the stats so that woohooing alone is a little risky and can cause pregnancy without using "Try for a Baby." And whatever yuo change in your gameplay, it will affect the townies too so that Risky Woohoo is applied to everyone!
  • LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    Hey all. We are resuming our daily lives here, though I can't say I like it, with all the noise and pollution going on around! I agree, it's good to have solitude and better off enjoy it :lol: Folks in the park near where I live are ANNOYING.

There was once I had to suspend a term at school which kind of gave me "expertise" at staying at home, you know, find stuff to do when there's the least happening. Time well wasted but at least I learned some other stuff, If you feel a bit foggy do consider clean up your desk, table all the way to the entire room. Just like what everyone said here. Or a quick workout. Or a quick rinse in the shower. I also enjoy napping by the window or balcony when it's comfortable and I'm sleepy.

I say that a small project, be it a new build in the Sims or any artwork, keeps me engaged for quite a while, usually 5 hours or so.

Anyhow I hope everyone will go through this, all these happenings. It's a good time to change. I do hope we won't just go back to our old ways in a year or two.
    AxxYIX4.png
    > @Nushnushganay said:
    > Having a hard time suddenly because I'm just bored with ts4, it's si untrue that these are some kind of surprising ai that will react in unpredictable ways like they say in the origin teaser ad. They all act the same because any innate differences are overridden by everything else, like lot traits, objects, everything.
    >
    > But nothing seems to interest me now. I can't bring myself to pick up my guitar, don't care about the Sims game anymore, nothing seems interesting or worthwhile lately, least of all me.
    >
    > So. Not super, but thanks for asking. Anyone else have an uodate?

I ran into the same problem where I found the typical game play boring and I hit a creative wall. Have you tried playing with mods? They're stupid easy to download, and there's a great mod called MCCC by Deaderpool. To describe it, it's like it unzips the working mechanisms of the game and you can customize the story progression to your liking as well as add in a few more "surprises." For example, the "Woohoo" script allows for nudity, and you can change the stats so that woohooing alone is a little risky and can cause pregnancy without using "Try for a Baby." And whatever yuo change in your gameplay, it will affect the townies too so that Risky Woohoo is applied to everyone!

Dude my game is so modded I wouldn't recognize a vanilla game. MCCC, WW, Sacrificial, Zero, a few others, did KawaiiStacie before but dropped it (might try some again) and though I try to keep CC to a minimum, got enough of that to hassle with. And I have ALL the packs (including Eco, paid full price) except like 4 Stuff Packs. Got everything else.

So yeah...maybe it's time to try to learn how to make poses or something in blender?

But I really do appreciate your taking the time to respond and make helpful suggestions, because that is the first thing I'd recommend to anyone who was done with vanilla.

Maybe I just need to do more laundry irl. :D

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • niallsbrowniesniallsbrownies Posts: 32 Member
    I'm so stressed. I still have feelings for a guy I had a fling with named Jay but things didn't end well an I don't know what to do.
    I'm sorry you're going through a tough time, @niallsbrownies ! No advice, just sympathy.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I'm sorry as well, @niallsbrownies
    Apologies for the late response. My job has me very busy lately so haven't been simming as much or visiting the forum as often. I also don't have advice to offer, although I'm sure considering the post was made a while ago things hopefully have improved.

I had a pretty stressful week this past week, but I'm looking forward to the winter holidays coming up. I have two weeks of work then I get some time off, so I'm excited.

I have to admit my boredom / stress eating has increased drastically haha. I'm aware that I'm eating way more than I should be, but with lockdown there really isn't much to do. I've been baking (and subsequently, eating the baking) a lot more often. Ah well. C'est la vie.
    Hey @simmer_jay maybe you could give someone in your life, your baking, so as to share it? If you have someone in your "pod" or with whom you are close enough that you see each other reasonably often? Or a quick passoff to a neighbor?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    I'm sorry as well, niallsbrownies
    Apologies for the late response. My job has me very busy lately so haven't been simming as much or visiting the forum as often. I also don't have advice to offer, although I'm sure considering the post was made a while ago things hopefully have improved.

I had a pretty stressful week this past week, but I'm looking forward to the winter holidays coming up. I have two weeks of work then I get some time off, so I'm excited.

I have to admit my boredom / stress eating has increased drastically haha. I'm aware that I'm eating way more than I should be, but with lockdown there really isn't much to do. I've been baking (and subsequently, eating the baking) a lot more often. Ah well. C'est la vie.

Haha, I feel you. I've been baking a lot and also eating all of it. And no, I don't have neighbors who would want my baked goods. I might as well be throwing it in the trash. 💀
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Hey @simmer_jay maybe you could give someone in your life, your baking, so as to share it? If you have someone in your "pod" or with whom you are close enough that you see each other reasonably often? Or a quick passoff to a neighbor?

But its just so delicious.. lol!

DeKay wrote: »
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    I'm sorry as well, niallsbrownies

Haha, I feel you. I've been baking a lot and also eating all of it. And no, I don't have neighbors who would want my baked goods. I might as well be throwing it in the trash. 💀

Right? I suppose if I’m honest with myself I could take it over to my parents house, but meh lol.
    doing much better than I thought I would be: we lost power as I was setting about dinner around 4, and that meant, sudden plunge into total darkness (it's completely dark by 16:00 here this time of year) but worse: no heat, and it was only up to about freezing today, and well below freezing tonight. And power wasn't supposed to be back on for a couple of days. So I was out getting food that didn't need heating, miserably preparing to stand outside in the snow tomorrow and grill whatever we had in the fridge before it spoiled, and wear winter coats and boots indoors, and freeze our BATS off overnight in rooms where you can see your breath.

And just as I was scrutinizing battery-operated camping lanterns at the store, hubs gave me a call that the power was back! What a relief!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • MacyStarMoonMacyStarMoon Posts: 52 Member
    i am feeling busy for weeks because i have lots of school assignments every week.because of the virus,our school stopped again and it brings inconvenience for us.
  • VeganZebraVeganZebra Posts: 32 Member
    I'm feeling good.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    @PriestessBizarre
    Would that have been when we had a huge windstorm, which bent a pylon, and disconnected us from the east coast?
    Parts of the state were without power for several days, and the money was to replace food in fridges and freezers.

We got the big battery after that, and at one point spent 6 months not connected to the east coast, proving that the battery worked to keep our electricity stable.

Just before the power went out, the wind farms were producing over 60% of the states electricity.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Kind of glad I started this thread. I am glad to hear that power eventually came back on, and sooner than you thought @Nushnushganay !

Battery sounds like a smart idea, @Movotti !

That sounds like quite the experience, @PriestessBizarre ! I can only remember one occasion when I was younger where my family and I were without power for a significant amount of time - like more than two days - but thankfully it was during the summer so heating wasn't an issue. It makes me think about what I would do where I live now if power went out in the dead of winter. I'm not sure!
    I am glad you are feeling well, @VeganZebra !

@MacyStarMoon I understand. It can be tough. I have about a week and a half until I am on a two week break, and I can't wait!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    @simmer_jay
    It's not a battery in the context of long term power use, but instead, it bridges the gap when the power fluctuates between the different sources, such as when wind farms are being turned on or off. So that there isn't a sudden drop in power supply.

Since it's been installed, we've not had the rolling blackouts that we used to have every summer. The only time a blackout occurs is if there is a problem with infrastructure. We had a short one a few weeks ago caused by a lightening strike
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    And here it's been very cold: -8 C or 16 F with wind. We're expecting a Nor'Easter but it remains to be seen whether it will hit a little south, or if we'll take the brunt of it. Grocery stores were crowded. Hope my car starts tomorrow.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    Pretty wide awake to fortunately say. First time in a while where I managed to sleep long enough.
    I feel like I can almost take on anything life sends at me today.

...And maybe the colds making me feel a little more awake than usual (for this week) too!
    L9q8VGi.png
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    My days starts so backwards - I wake up tired and go to bed wide awake.
    "I feel so energized after that 14-hour shift..." said no one, ever. But still I consider myself extremely lucky to have my family, awesome friends and great colleagues. For me personally 2020 has only two rules: #1 Never Quit #2 Remember rule #1."

And also...

GMTdr0z.jpg
    Z5yqGx5.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top