Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think we could really use a real memory system

I love ks slice of life mod but I wish other sims besides the household could remember things too.
For example; reacting to neighborhood sims with an emotion.
I understand we have reputations but it would be cool if sims could remember each other for certain things such as being cheated on, having money gifted, being always friendly or mean etc...and if we could get an emotion buff about how other sims feel.

Comments

• MinaiMinai Posts: 705 Member
    It would also be cool if it were implemented in the game besides relying on mods.
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I would love this. It would make the game feel more real
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I enjoy the memory system in TS2. Yes, it is indeed one of important features in the game. I believe that TS4 used to have the feature where it pair with photos?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I enjoy the memory system in TS2. Yes, it is indeed one of important features in the game. I believe that TS4 used to have the feature where it pair with photos?

Yes. At launch there was a Memories system where you could take a screenshot, designate it as a memory, then choose which sims the memory applies to and assign an emotion to it. Then, when your sim reminisced about the memory, it would give them a moodlet of the corresponding emotion. It was great both as a storytelling element and a gameplay mechanic.

After the patch that they implemented before "Get to Work" came out, though, The Memories system was folded into the screenshot manager, player control was taken away from assigning emotions to memories, and finding memories was made a total mess because instead of only seeing the memories for your active sim when you went into the menu like before, now you see all of your screenshots from every household and every save (memories, photos, "paint-from-reference" screenshots, and general screen shots, all mooshed together with no rhyme or reason) which not only makes the whole thing lag like crazy, it also makes it nearly impossible to find the memories you want!! It was one of TS4's best features at launch...and they destroyed it... -_-;
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 705 Member

Yes. At launch there was a Memories system where you could take a screenshot, designate it as a memory, then choose which sims the memory applies to and assign an emotion to it. Then, when your sim reminisced about the memory, it would give them a moodlet of the corresponding emotion. It was great both as a storytelling element and a gameplay mechanic.

After the patch that they implemented before "Get to Work" came out, though, The Memories system was folded into the screenshot manager, player control was taken away from assigning emotions to memories, and finding memories was made a total mess because instead of only seeing the memories for your active sim when you went into the menu like before, now you see all of your screenshots from every household and every save (memories, photos, "paint-from-reference" screenshots, and general screen shots, all mooshed together with no rhyme or reason) which not only makes the whole thing lag like crazy, it also makes it nearly impossible to find the memories you want!! It was one of TS4's best features at launch...and they destroyed it... -_-;

Wow I honestly dont remember. So many bugs and disabling patches that have been implemented.
    Now my memories are messed up! XD
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Minai wrote: »

Wow I honestly dont remember. So many bugs and disabling patches that have been implemented.
    Now my memories are messed up! XD

Yeah, I'm still sore about it because I used that feature all the time in my gameplay. Preserving memories for future browsing, using the reminiscing feature for screenshots or practical purposes...I LOVED it! It was so original and innovative!! It added an element of realism to the game that previous Memories systems just didn't have...AND it didn't have the potential to break the game over time like TS2's did!!! Losing it was one of the biggest mechanical blows dealt to this game, let me tell ya...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I've recently been getting back into S2 (because it's just so good) and I really enjoy that memory system. It's such a nice way to keep track of what has happened in that sim's life.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Ohhhhhhh so THATS what happen to it!!! 😭😭😭 i wondered for so long.....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • StepherLouStepherLou Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes!! The memory system in Sims 2 was simple, but so effective. I vividly remember the first time I played the Broke family, and I glanced at Brandi's memories, and it told me her husband had a pool ladder accident. Those memories make your Sims' lives unique, add to their personalities, help you tell more detailed stories, and may even affect how you play that Sim!

I also think memories (because we are in TS4 now, so it should be better than TS2) should have the ability to change/add traits to your Sim. For example, if your child Sim specifically remembers his/her parents divorcing, they may have the "Noncommittal" trait added to their list. Now, obviously the Simmer should have SOME control over that (because not ALL people would become Noncommittal over a divorce--some might become Jealous, or even Romantic, a desire to achieve a love their parents hadn't), so maybe there should be a slew of options that you have to choose from.

Regardless, I think memories are so important, and many should have a lasting affect on your Sim.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes. I've been wanting a TS2 memory system (and the family tree) adapted to TS4. Considering the amount of detail they are integrating into the worlds, I can't wait to see what improvements they do for the sims. We had a community survey about the sims back in April so there's hope.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2020
    But what would it mean If sims all reacted the same way to a specific memory? It would be pointless if sims all felt the same about certain things.

Perhaps, it should be "relationship with other sim" + "Interaction with other sim" = Good/Bad Memory.

and then I would want reward traits like "No Grudges"

and interactions to "forgive" or "forget about..." or "Downplay situation" or even "Inflame situation"

I just feel like theres going to be a lot of "my character/the sim didn't react the way they should have towards (moment)"

Like I wouldn't mind, If My sims associated feelings with their relationships with other people, best friend, or Lover made them feel a certain way when they are around.
    I would personally imagine the best friend would make my sim feel Confident, Focused, Playful, and Energized when he is around. But i know it would be different for everyone.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    But what would it mean If sims all reacted the same way to a specific memory? It would be pointless if sims all felt the same about certain things.

Perhaps, it should be "relationship with other sim" + "Interaction with other sim" = Good/Bad Memory.

and then I would want reward traits like "No Grudges"

and interactions to "forgive" or "forget about..." or "Downplay situation" or even "Inflame situation"

I just feel like theres going to be a lot of "my character/the sim didn't react the way they should have towards (moment)"

Like I wouldn't mind, If My sims associated feelings with their relationships with other people, best friend, or Lover made them feel a certain way when they are around.
    I would personally imagine the best friend would make my sim feel Confident, Focused, Playful, and Energized when he is around. But i know it would be different for everyone.

I want your ideas to being game
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited June 2020
    I talk about Memories all the time. I REALLY REALLY want to see them improved.
    Here's how I'd do it:
    • Keep the screenshot-based Memory system already in the game, but make it accessible from the Simology panel (seriously, who even knows where Memories ARE in TS4? They're not easy to find)
    • The current system lets you assign an Emotion, and only comes into effect when you activate them. Let's expand that.
    • In addition to an Emotion, you can associate one or more Sims involved in that Memory, and/or a lot that it occurred at.
    • When you interact with that Sim, or go to that lot, the Memory is triggered, and your Sim feels the Emotion tied to the Memory.
    • Proposed to your wife at the Brindleton Bay lighthouse? When your Sim goes to the museum near the lighthouse, they remember.
    • Got into a particularly vicious fight with your sibling as children? Whenever your Sim interacts with that sibling, they remember.
    • Left at the altar? When your Sim sees their ex, they remember.

The screenshots allow you to choose what is memorable to YOUR Sim, and also prevents the game being clogged up with pointless Memories. But what good is a Memory if your Sim never REMEMBERS them?
    wJbomAo.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I talk about Memories all the time. I REALLY REALLY want to see them improved.
    Here's how I'd do it:
    • Keep the screenshot-based Memory system already in the game, but make it accessible from the Simology panel (seriously, who even knows where Memories ARE in TS4? They're not easy to find)
    • The current system lets you assign an Emotion, and only comes into effect when you activate them. Let's expand that.
    • In addition to an Emotion, you can associate one or more Sims involved in that Memory, and/or a lot that it occurred at.
    • When you interact with that Sim, or go to that lot, the Memory is triggered, and your Sim feels the Emotion tied to the Memory.
    • Proposed to your wife at the Brindleton Bay lighthouse? When your Sim goes to the museum near the lighthouse, they remember.
    • Got into a particularly vicious fight with your sibling as children? Whenever your Sim interacts with that sibling, they remember.
    • Left at the altar? When your Sim sees their ex, they remember.

The screenshots allow you to choose what is memorable to YOUR Sim, and also prevents the game being clogged up with pointless Memories. But what good is a Memory if your Sim never REMEMBERS them?

I really like your idea
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Are you kidding? For starters we could use personal biographies lol. The Sims 4 removed everything that made the sims themselves have any personality. It's like they did it on purpose really :p
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?