Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco living - could we seriously recycle graves and make food for the Sims from... dead bodies?

Very sorry if someone wrote about it.
I just realized, that we can recycle graves and cook dumplings. Is this a nasty bug or very dirty joke?
I think, that recycling stones from graves is non- ethical too.
What do you think about that, guys? I'm disgusted. :(

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/9/21285274/the-sims-4-eco-living-recycling-gravestones-urns-eating-sims-cannibalism
Origin ID: ukyojin
Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl

Comments

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Soylent Green is sims!

There are eco burials and different ways to "recycle" people. I'm okay with it.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2020
    I’m fine with it. It’s just a game who cares. I don’t like you can eat bugs but it’s in the game. This is just a game no where is it reflecting life. If people actually do that in real life it’s there culture.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I admit I found it quite amusing but that's just my dark sense of humor.

Besides, it's the Sims. Being kooky is the norm.
    giphy.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2020
    My sims eat bugs, smash roaches, bond with flies, the works! I didn't know about this but it's next in my list thanks! 😆😆

Personally I think that's one of the reasons the sims is on the boring side now. People in general now days get very sensitive and triggered over a game so they are scared to push any limits. Doesn't bother me at all.

No I will not recycle my granny's grave in real life 😄
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Lol did you read the article? Spinning the Sims as some ultra violent murder fest? 🤣

I would actually be into a murder pack though, live out my Olive Spectre fantasy
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    Hmm, guys, maybe I could find it amusing too, but I read many books about IIWW when people produced soaps from bodies of Aushwitz, Birkenau, Treblinka and many others death camps victims. My uncle was a victim of a death camp. :( Sorry, but I have strong associations right now and all my friends (adults, seniors) are disgusted. For me it's too much, seriously.
    The Sims always was a game with dark sense of humor, but this is too dark for me, really. :(
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020
    If it bothers you, then don't do it. You're not forced to use graves. We can recycle almost anything, though, and I like that. It gives us options to play out more stories, since you can choose what to use and what not. Only recycle what you want to recycle.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I think it's nice to have these types of gameplay for people who want more 'darker things' in the game. It doesn't affect anyone else's playstyle so I don't think it's really a problem. That being said, I'm not gonna use this lol
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »
    Personally I think that's one of the reasons the sims is on the boring side now. People in general now days get very sensitive and triggered over a game so they are scared to push any limits. Doesn't bother me at all.

This is exactly the issue. It’s sad to admit that I look at ten years ago as ‘different’ times and actually reminisce when games weren’t afraid to push boundaries and have some fun. Everything has become so bubble-wrapped and protected that it’s hazy to look at. People seem to not understand that just because you can do something, doesn’t mean that you have to do it. The Sims has always had more questionable things that you could do – locking Sims in the pool, making them suffer, kill them – and many people praised it for it.

People are so offended by things that they forget they’re not the only person playing the game. They are so loud and vocal, they easily overpower the poor quiet voice that is fine with it, and then the feature gets removed and many people are upset, yet respect others enough that they don’t complain.

I read through a lot of feedback and constantly see the words ‘I’, ‘my’, and ‘me’. None of these belong in genuine feedback, it just means you’re being selfish. It means that content upsets you and that means no one should be able to do it.

Watch, now this has been noticed, taken out of context, and sob stories forced onto it, it will be patched.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »

This is exactly the issue. It’s sad to admit that I look at ten years ago as ‘different’ times and actually reminisce when games weren’t afraid to push boundaries and have some fun. Everything has become so bubble-wrapped and protected that it’s hazy to look at. People seem to not understand that just because you can do something, doesn’t mean that you have to do it. The Sims has always had more questionable things that you could do – locking Sims in the pool, making them suffer, kill them – and many people praised it for it.

People are so offended by things that they forget they’re not the only person playing the game. They are so loud and vocal, they easily overpower the poor quiet voice that is fine with it, and then the feature gets removed and many people are upset, yet respect others enough that they don’t complain.

I read through a lot of feedback and constantly see the words ‘I’, ‘my’, and ‘me’. None of these belong in genuine feedback, it just means you’re being selfish. It means that content upsets you and that means no one should be able to do it.

Watch, now this has been noticed, taken out of context, and sob stories forced onto it, it will be patched.

PREACH!!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Omg. This actually makes me want to buy the pack. >:)

I mean...it's not like it's direct cannibalism, it's even a stretch to call it that. The closest would be necrophagy, which is carrion or corpse-eating, or (I just found out) endocannibalism, which is/was done more ritually in specific cultures as part of the funerary process to pass on the life force and power. But technically, in the game, they're not even doing that, they are eating the gravestones themselves, not the bodies. And even using the urns would mean the bodies are already in ash form, which, weirdly enough, some people have actually done in real life.
    #Team Occult
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I am only here laughing at such a feature....

Something's wrong with me...I have a super dark sense of humor.
  • klattipklattip Posts: 20 Member
    > @Aericia said:
    > Very sorry if someone wrote about it.
    > I just realized, that we can recycle graves and cook dumplings. Is this a nasty bug or very dirty joke?
    > I think, that recycling stones from graves is non- ethical too.
    > What do you think about that, guys? I'm disgusted. :(
    >
    > https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/9/21285274/the-sims-4-eco-living-recycling-gravestones-urns-eating-sims-cannibalism

I wish there was an eye roll emoji

> @Aericia said:
    > Hmm, guys, maybe I could find it amusing too, but I read many books about IIWW when people produced soaps from bodies of Aushwitz, Birkenau, Treblinka and many others death camps victims. My uncle was a victim of a death camp. :( Sorry, but I have strong associations right now and all my friends (adults, seniors) are disgusted. For me it's too much, seriously.
    > The Sims always was a game with dark sense of humor, but this is too dark for me, really. :(

A double eye roll emoji.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Let's also keep in mind it's the gravestone. Not the body. Maybe the sim opted for a tree burial (look it up) and therefore, they don't need a tombstone. Maybe their ashes were scattered in Sulani's ocean waters and it's an empty urn. Use your imagination. There are far more terrifying things in this world. If this overly sensitive culture continues, our sims won't even die because it will be considered too traumatic. Death is a part of life, and not every culture has tombstones or urns. Personally, I think it's a nice way of getting rid of the tombstones in game naturally without having to use the "Finger of God" to hit the delete button.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I think I would be recycling a headstone. A piece granite or marble. Not a body! Anyway there is no link to recycling and cooking in the game. Anyway not that I know of. The article is click bait to me. Recycling makes bit and pieces associated to creating objects in the game. Put a gravestone in Sims inventory and yes it can be recycled with the recycling machine. Again, not related to food. I must be missing the connection or there is no connection. The gravestone is never in the dumpster used to sort out composting materials to fed the bugs in which my Sims can eat. The two don't connect unless I am missing something.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I think I would be recycling a headstone. A piece granite or marble. Not a body! Anyway there is no link to recycling and cooking in the game. Anyway not that I know of. The article is click bait to me. Recycling makes bit and pieces associated to creating objects in the game. Put a gravestone in Sims inventory and yes it can be recycled with the recycling machine. Again, not related to food. I must be missing the connection or there is no connection. The gravestone is never in the dumpster used to sort out composting materials to fed the bugs in which my Sims can eat. The two don't connect unless I am missing something.

Yeah, the article made me wonder. Is there really a way to recycle something and then make a meal with it? Asking for a friend...
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    The article is a little bit sensationalist. At higher levels you gain the ability to fabricate meals. So, assuming you start with 0 bits and pieces, recycle a gravestone to gain some, then use the fabricator to fabricate a meal, technically you are turning the gravestone into a meal.
    To me, turning things into bits and pieces is breaking things down to a molecular level to be reassembled into something else.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I find it funny to know they CAN recycle graves and urns, but that doesn't mean that most of my sims will ever do it. Still, I'm happy to know that the one awkward sim who mostly does the wrong stuff will be able to - at some point. The game gets so much more interesting when it contains features that I normally don't use, but that can be used at some time. It's a huge plus that my sims van be very diverse.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Now thats interesting lol more options than bugs
    giphy.gif

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Ah yes polygon. One of the worst sites ever. I remember when they would spew out anything for clicks🙄