Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Increase Space Between Levels

I would very much like to see this because you look at a lot of multi-level house designs and there is considerable space between each storey. At the moment, if you have a basement and try to put a fountain over it, the game won't let you, yet a lot of real houses can.

When I once viewed one of my double-storey houses around the staircase, the space looked like only a millimetre thick.
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    There is an option in build mode to set how high the wall you have in your house, there are also choices of 3 different heights for doors and windows.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    There is an option in build mode to set how high the wall you have in your house, there are also choices of 3 different heights for doors and windows.

No, they mean between the levels. Where, in real life, the builders would put the pipes and the wiring.
    I don't know the correct word for it, but if you look here, you can see there's a gap between the ceiling on the first floor, and the floorboards of the second.

8c37210d4f144a0bb33eea50efeaf9ba.jpg

I think it's an interesting idea with some potential, but it should be optional. I'd hate for all our builds to suddenly become much taller for no reason.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I would very much like to see this because you look at a lot of multi-level house designs and there is considerable space between each storey. At the moment, if you have a basement and try to put a fountain over it, the game won't let you, yet a lot of real houses can.

When I once viewed one of my double-storey houses around the staircase, the space looked like only a millimetre thick.

You can place a fountain with moveobjects cheat. With real houses it depends on how deep your fountain is and also how deep into the ground the basement is. Maybe if you go another level down you could build your basement without a cheat. That being said, I do love that we can build sim houses that are more like icebergs than real houses. :joy: