Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nikkei_Simmer's Stupid Questions #2 - Should I Have Just Picked Up a Stray Dog at University?

barring rabies (which doesn't exist in the Sims); and Will It Come Home With Me After University?
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    It will if you have added it to your household/traveling party, but only if you have NRaas Traveler and have it set for pets under its Allowable Travelers option. Otherwise it's going to get stuck in Uni World and, if it's not part of a town resident household, chances are high that you will never see it again.

Note that because Uni World lacks a City Hall (usually), the NRaas mod options should be on the Admin Bldg.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited June 2020
    Super...I'll go in there and add him to the Allowable Travelers option.

Edit: Went to Admin Building>NRAAS>Traveller>Allowable Travellers>Pets>True. Hopefully that should allow it so that "Stray Dog" (looks like a Norwegian Elkhound) can come home with River and Haruo. I'm thinking about naming him Elias) No resemblance to Vancouver Canucks forward Elias Pettersson. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited June 2020
    I rescued a dog whilst a student in real life and persuaded my parents it was a good idea to bring it home. Several delousing treatments and baths later she turned out to be an alsatian/collie cross. Perhaps NRAAS could be persuaded to create the necessary mod. We could do with some new gameplay.

Hope you can persuade your virtual dog home with you and that it lives a happy and comfortable life as our dog did.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    edited June 2020
    Perhaps NRAAS could be persuaded to create the necessary mod. We could do with some new gameplay.
    We already have. It's called NRaas Traveler.

I don't recall any of my sims ever having brought home rescue dogs from Uni World in particular, but they have brought their own pets along from home and returned with them and have rescued pets from other foreign worlds like the WA ones and custom vacation destinations. From Uni, they may sometimes bring home fellow students and then put them through the same bathing and delousing, then the "Look what followed us home, Mom can we keep them?" procedure. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Hopefully the fellow students are also litterbox trained. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Hopefully the fellow students are also litterbox trained. :mrgreen:
    It varies. Not all of my sims are the greatest of housekeepers, so they may not even notice one way or the other. It can be a bit unsettling finding the new household members gnawing on the furniture if they aren't watched over, though.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Hmmm, on the furniture? Well...that's a step up. Mine tend to go on the floor. Even when there's a bathroom two steps from where they're standing.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited June 2020
    "Gnawing" on the furniture. Meaning chewing. Not "going" on. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited June 2020
    Actually my "furry" family members (ie: cats and dogs) seem to have better bathroom manners than the human strays I bring home from University world. :mrgreen: And maybe because my strays with four legs tend to have toys it keeps them from chewing on the furniture. Maybe my human strays need to-... um...that's a topic for a different forum.
    GYZ6Ak9.png