Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5? No thank you!

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Cinebar

Rome wasn't built in one day, complex projects require time even if at the end not everybody is satisfied by the result.

The Sims 4 is incomplete because the surveys showed several themes and gameplay to add to the game.
    But there are a few things which would be enough for me to feel the game complete :
    • Zombies
    • Werewolves
    • Bunk beds
    • Heterochromia iridum
    • Prostheses

This is my base content, the other things are optional expansions.

You might get a pack that calls for prostheses. I am almost going to bet the new unannounced GP will be about disablities. It is the only thing I think of that would be a major first for the franchise. Those are words they used with the gender patch, if I'm wrong then what in the world could it mean to be a major first for the franchise? I think that is about the only thing left other than VR. ETA: What is going to be really disappointing and receive backlash is if this next GP isn't a major first for the franchise....they said...so I hope they deliver. But if it's just something we have seen before reworked to play a different way, that isn't going to meet the expectation of 'major first'. I wish they would choose their words more carefully. 'Cause a lot of people who read that statement are going to be mad. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited June 2020
    Horrorgirl6

Yeap, the 2014 basegame was a mistake that they try to fix.

But in 2020, the new players will never know the 2014 mistakes.

New players don't live in a vacuum - and they're not stupid or blind! There's a whole bunch of articles and YouTube videos comparing all the iterations and their gameplay and content. Plus TS3 is still being sold. So new players will definitely come to see the big differences and see that the older iterations are a whole lot better than TS4.

Of course they don't want to bring back the potato face, the robotic behavior, the obsession of the perfect position before starting social interactions, Simport and the NPC toddlers crying in the street.

When TS3 exchange ruins your game by downloading random CC with the sims. Nobody wants that again.

I guess people who don't like TS4 have memory loss.
    I never liked TS3, I still say TS2 was better. Today I still remember how the Live Mode in TS3 was a nightmare.

You can still pretend TS3 was better, it's really far from the reality.
    But I agree TS3 had several interesting features that everybody would like to see again ... but with many improvements !
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • bryanovensbryanovens Posts: 41 Member
    > @fmil said:
    > It has been a long time since i last spent money on a sims game! The last one i bought was the sims 4 base game, which i think i got a year after its release? Anyway, i am ready to splurge on this franchise again! It is time, EA! Move on to sims 5 already, and make it glorious! I think sims 4 has plenty of cool and innovative features, but i can't seem to get into it for some reason so i won't be bothered if it ended tomorrow. I might try giving it another chance in the future but it could be that we just arent meant to be.

This exactly! The Sims 4 has had a tough life following an unfortunate development period. Four years of work went down the drain and the Sims Team have tried to do what they can with what they ended up with. The Sims 4 base game feels much more complete than it did 6 years ago, and the Sims Studio did say they wanted the Sims 4 to feel complete before they launched the Sims 5.
    The best course of action is to release the Sims 5, a new experience featuring improvements that would have been hard to add to the Sims 4 while also creating DLC content, and go from there. It's not like this will be a new thing, as we are four games into a franchise that hasn't changed too much since 2004.
    edited June 2020
    I'm satisfied of the improvements done these last 6 years, I trust The Sims Studio for the next 6 years, they will go further.

It will never become the game that you dream but it will be better than now at least.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

Of course they don't want to bring back the potato face, the robotic behavior, the obsession of the perfect position before starting social interactions, Simport and the NPC toddlers crying in the street.

Lol, you're attacking TS3 because you can't say anything about TS4 that's better! But I don't mind go over the things you mentioned - it will just point out how much better TS3 is over TS4!

Potato faces: I don't mind the look of default TS3 sims, but TS3 is so flexible that you can actually change the look of them. There are a whole variety of skins, all different but look good. The two most popular are by Navetsea and Ephemera, but there are more.
    MTS_teru_k-1340980-EskinNATURAL.jpg

I also like that they have a neutral look. I really hate that goofy perma-smile all TS4 sims have!

Robotic behavior: I don't think it's that robotic, but what's actually better in TS3 than in TS4 is that the sims aren't all the same like in TS4. Traits DO make a difference in TS3 than in TS4. There are about 90+ traits that make sims act differently from the next. Moreover, you have 5 traits as a young adult, 7 traits if you went to university, and if you use a mod, you can have even more per sim. That makes combining TS3 traits possibilities in thousands of ways making TS3 sims truly individual. You can't do that in TS4, and it doesn't matter anyway, because the traits in TS4 have no impact on the sims - they're all the same!

Moreover, the TS3 sims do what they are suppose to do for the most part without mods. TS4 sims are so broken, and the devs haven't fixed any of it since the beginning. So again, that makes TS3 better than TS4!

Obsession with perfect position: ??? That's not a bad feature, so now you're trying to make standard features a bad thing? At least TS3 sims don't clip through each other like they do in TS4. That's just one of many examples of lazy programming in TS4.

Simport: I never used it - it's a perfect reason why TS5 shouldn't go online, so I'm glad you mentioned it. But thankfully, it was never a big part of the game. You can totally avoid or ignore it and it doesn't get in the way of playing the rest of the Showtime EP features.

NPC toddlers crying in community lots: There no such thing as NPC toddlers - those are townie toddlers. Townies have their own traits, hopes, wishes, relationships. When you build your relationship with their parents, you can also feed, play and change the toddlers and babies. It's the realistic way of dealing with a crying child in TS3, but you can also cheat up the relationships so you can take care of the child right away (no mods required). I also like placing playing pens and high chairs in all the community lots.

But this is just being petty of you. There are a lot of annoying things in TS4 and the worst part if it is they haven't been fixed yet. I don't even have to point them out. Everyone knows that the sims are broken and won't do what they're suppose to do without tons of mods to correct all that.

When TS3 exchange ruins your game by downloading random CC with the sims. Nobody wants that again.

People know to avoid downloading just anything off the exchange. If you keep doing that and your game keeps getting ruined, then that's on you. What did they say about being fooled once, shame on them - fool you twice, shame on you? But there are a lot of trustworthy simmers who upload their work on it like Rflong7/13. So I only download known and trusted works from the exchange.

I guess people who don't like TS4 have memory loss.

I still play TS3 to this day - just check my profile page! And so do many other people! The TS3 section of this forum is still very active. TS3 is still being sold and still sells well. Heck, it doesn't go on sale anywhere near as much as TS4 and it still sells well! So there are a lot of people who don't think the things you've mentioned are true, who can play TS3 and have very little problems with it. How can they have memory loss if they're still playing it?
    I never liked TS3, I still say TS2 was better. Today I still remember how the Live Mode in TS3 was a nightmare.

I think TS2 is better than TS4, but not better than TS3. I do like the more detailed animations of TS2, but it gets too bogged down in stats and meters. I also hate all the loading screens if you want your sims to go to many lots per sim day. It's why most people playing TS2 keep their sims on one or a few lots per sim day, discouraging the use of the entire world, which to me is a waste!

I also hate the time disparity if not all the sims in the household go to the same places. And I also hate it that you can only control the sims that are going to the same place. You can't control everyone in the household at the same time. So what happens is that the needs of your active sims runs down, but at least they get to do the things that need to be done in the lot that you send them too. When they go home, they're exhausted while the sims that are still home are fresh, but haven't done anything. I know there are mods to deal with this but it isn't great: the mod just give you a chance to do over that time period so that the sims that stayed home can do stuff to.

In TS3, it's just so much better that you can control everyone in the household at the same time, no matter where they are in the world. No time disparities, no having to do over that time period for the other sims. The gameplay in TS3 flows better than in any other The Sims iteration.

And how is live mode in TS3 a nightmare? It isn't. Gameplay works as they should for the most part and you need very few mods to keep it running smoothly - just NRAAS MasterController and Overwatch. But you would need a ton of mods for TS4 just to make the gameplay itself work.

Moreover, the people who don't like TS3 haven't played the game enough. They give themselves away when they give inaccurate information about it. Also, they really have no excuse about their complaints on this forum, when you have an entire section that is TS3. All they have to do is ask for help there.

You can still pretend TS3 was better, it's really far from the reality.
    But I agree TS3 had several interesting features that everybody would like to see again ... but with many improvements !

I don't have to pretend that TS3 is better. It IS better than TS4 in that you get a lot more bang for your buck. You get a lot more working gameplay in TS3 than TS4, the worlds are huge AND everything is customizable. Plus you can create more worlds of varying sizes. You can even make small worlds that can run on potato computers. You can't create new neighborhoods in TS4, you can't even edit those tiny neighborhoods, or add or subtract lots. You can change the color and patterns of everything in TS3, but you would have to do that outside of TS4 to change things which is tedious. Everything in TS4 is so "half-empty" and broken, not feature rich, and to me is not a good investment. I feel bad for all the people who think throwing more money into will make it better, but buying more packs just adds more bugs to it.

So in the end, I really do highly recommend TS3 over TS4 (and even TS2) because it just has so much gameplay and therefore more value for your money. The TS3 community, who loves it and knows it well, are also there for anyone who needs help!

• luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    What @ClarionOfJoy said.

To me, it's all about personal preferences. I prefer 3 because it's more realistically a life simulator. Like getting in your car and driving to work. The constant loading screens in 4 that I've had to deal with every time I travel drives me nuts and is a real deal breaker for me. And that's not even getting into all the other problems that 4 has requiring constant dealing with buggy gameplay every time a new pack or update comes out.

I have no significant problems playing 3. It works great for me, but I will say it really helps to have a gaming computer with a really good video card. Which requires a bit of an investment, but well worth it for me as 3 has entertained me for countless hours over the years and I still enjoy playing it.

But if you prefer 4, have at it and enjoy it. I begrudge nobody in whatever version they prefer to play. 4 was just not for me and I quit buying packs for it a long time ago.

I'm just thankful 3 is still available for me to play. To be honest, I think 3 spoiled me lol. The different things my sims can be and do is almost limitless. Kinda like in real life.
    edited June 2020
    Now I know The Sims 4 will be here until 2023 or 2024, I feel better.

It doesn't matter if I'm wrong as long as The Sims 5 isn't officially announced with a release date.

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Now I know The Sims 4 will be here until 2023 or 2024, I feel better.

Doesn't matter if I'm wrong as long as The Sims 5 isn't officially announced with a release date.

You don't know that FOR sure though.
    And don't give me "they said it's gonna go on for years."
    ...just don't.

So don't go claiming that when you have no absolute proof.

edited June 2020
    5-year time horizon... 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, ...
    5-year time horizon... 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, ...
    5-year time horizon... 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, ...
    5-year time horizon... 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, ...

Each time I read The Sims 5...-year time horizon !

Why do you keep mentioning TS4 is 2019? IT CAME out in 2014?!

Your math is flawed. You can't count 2004 before it happens. It would read more like this:
    2004-2005 equals one year. So, 2005,2006,2007,2008 around four years and x amount of months.

Same for TS3 you can't count 2009 but have to start at 2009. 2009-2010 equals one year not two. So, 2010, 2011,2012,2013...equals four years and X amount of months.

TS4: 2015,2016,2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 equals six years and X amount of months.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's not being announced this year; more likely we'll get a pack announcement.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited June 2020

Because of TS4's rebranding. It's just assumption that's all.

Consequently, rebranding to EA doesn't mean longevity of a game. Remember The Sims Online? EA rebranded it as EA-Land in March 2007 and launched it around March 2008.... Four weeks later, EA announced that they would shut it down. The Sims Online, now EA-Land, closed completely in August 2008, 1 year and 5 months from the rebranding.

Ironically, Second Life, which started in 2003, a few months after The Sims Online and has never rebranded (because it didn't need it to cultivate new sales), is still going strong.... It had it's highest number of members during Rod Humble's term as its CEO. :)

Because of TS4's rebranding. It's just assumption that's all.

Consequently, rebranding to EA doesn't mean longevity of a game. Remember The Sims Online? EA rebranded it as EA-Land in March 2007 and launched it around March 2008.... Four weeks later, EA announced that they would shut it down. The Sims Online, now EA-Land, closed completely in August 2008, 1 year and 5 months from the rebranding.

Ironically, Second Life, which started in 2003, a few months after The Sims Online and has never rebranded (because it didn't need it to cultivate new sales), is still going strong.... It had it's highest number of members during Rod Humble's term as its CEO. :)

See? That is what I mean...people just automatically trying to tell me it's fact that it's gonna last long because of rebranding...just...no. We don't know that.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    @Cinebar

Let's talk about it in 2025.

Sims 4 isn't even going to last until 2025-the game engine would of broken by mid 2021. If the current game engine cannot handle open world or a sports match with 2 full teams,then how is it supposed to last until 2025?

Simple-it CAN'T. Hopefully Sims 5 will come out in late 2020 or early 202-then people can enjoy things like color wheels and Create-a-World in the base game.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
    edited June 2020
    @Cinebar

Let's talk about it in 2025.

Maybe by that time we all have a chip in our head and just imagine the game in our heads and play it that way. lol Or they hook up with Google Glasses and we just blink our eyes to play. Point I'm making is the technology of TS4 is old. DX9/DX10 was over years and years ago.

Unfortunately for TS4 it has had to be rebranded, given away (often) totally free and packs reduced down to like 2 cents per hour if you think about a $5 sale. Companies don't give away stuff for free nor when things are great. Everyone can think oh they did all that out of the goodness of their hearts (have you met EA?lol) but because they need the revenue. Look at it like this if stocks are low (any type of stock) there is a sell off, people get them cheaper if they have the guts to buy them at a low point...it's not because the value of a stock is suddenly precious. But because the revenue has hit rock bottom. When the CEO sells his stock several times it makes you wonder. If you know about Futures, it reflects what people think will happen with a product you are betting on it's future. The give aways and sales tell a different story.
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Well, I'm not in a rush for TS5 at all. I want a Sims 5 but just not yet. I feel like there are still so many things that can be included in TS4. And I have grown to love it over the past months. Although I realize there is important stuff missing (TS3 will always have a place in my heart :P), this can be improved over the next years. But when the time comes for TS5 I really wish for open neighborhoods and more enriched packs (like in TS3 that we got so much content in each pack). I don't give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for online gaming, I just wish they combine the good stuff from TS3 and TS4 along with some new abilities that will make TS5 unique and even better.
    edited June 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Maybe by that time we all have a chip in our head and just imagine the game in our heads and play it that way. lol

No thanks ! I prefer to stay "untouched".

• GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    Page 26 • STARS AND STRIPES • Friday, March 6, 2020

BY ELISE FAVIS
    The Washington Post
    Is there an end in sight? While Duke
    doesn’t want The Sims 5 to arrive “any
    time soon,” he said the series will continue to grow and evolve for years, maybe
    even decades, to come.
    “It’s a game about life, and we all have
    an amazing abundance of experiences and
    stories we want to tell,” Duke said. “How
    are we ever going to finish The Sims? I
    don’t think we will.”

I don't mean to rain on anyone else's parade but that is a shame. As shown in the latest expansion, the game is already breaking on it's core. The balcony bug is the biggest example of that the core game engine is breaking. It's NOT wise to continue to add content after content adding more and more bugs. They can't do that and expect the game to run it. What they need to do is focus on bugs and fixes before making more content if they TRULY are gonna keep adding content. It's not smart not to. And I honestly don't understand why they are, most of the biggest content (seasons, university, etc) has been released. I really can't see how much more they need to add.
    edited June 2020
    I agree with you 100%, Skittles. I imagine Sims 4 will end in late 2020 or early 2021,then we'll be getting Sims 5. It's VERY unrealistic to expect Sims 4 to go on until 2025 or beyond that when the game engine is already starting to break...after all,Sims 4 has been around for 6 whole years now. Soon ti will be time to move on to Sims 5.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    As it hits mid-August 2020, it doesn't look much like we'll be getting any announcements before the end of this year - as I predicted. In fact we've got that Game Pack that will be something we've not had before... Apparently...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    edited August 2020
    The core game, as it progresses, is most definitely broken. When they decided to ditch the multiplayer aspect (as in, TS4 being more of a Sims Online successor), the whole game should have been redone from scratch--not hastily repackaged. This weak engine can't support a whole lot--especially in that now, we have several packs (which in my opinion the base game was never made to support), and the game now has had an incredibly long run compared to others in the series--6 going on 7, instead of the standard 5.

In my opinion, 2021 is going to be the make or break year for the series. There are now (at least) three competing games with launch dates close to the fall of next year, each with features fans have long been asking for, as well as art styles, play mechanics, and features not done in any Sims game as of yet. And not to mention, two of the three are basically being developed by individuals with a small team and even smaller budget (and in some cases, crowd-funded); with the exception of Paradox's new game. Will The Sims 5 be a mostly online, microtransaction-laden mess like the rest of the EA catalog, or will it be an advanced game properly done to where it takes on the competition and wins? I think that if it is truly based on the Unreal Engine as once hinted at in a job posting, it can be an advanced game that is excellent.

I agree,Cody. And some people want Sims 4 to last 5 more years? I don't think the weak game engine is going to last more than one more year...it will break sooner or later,and the game devs will not be able to fix it.