Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you stay and play with The Sims?

Comments

• TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Hi Guys!
    I have a problem- when i go to PlayStation store and want to buy The sims 4 Cats&Dogs it doesnt show up. It is just in bundles. Has anyone experienced the same problem?😖
    P.S I really really really want The Sims 4 Cats&Dogs plese write back.

Unfortunately it seems to be only a bundle on the PS store.
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    I've been focused on one Sim I created and just wanted to play through her life. I've also created her neighbours/best friend/love interest. Her best friend on the other hand is a bit of a mess so I'm planning some drama with her

I do have a habit of getting bored with my Sims and wanting to start again - but I've gotten so far with this particular Sim I don't want to quit now :)
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • divsimsdivsims Posts: 8 New Member
    i know that EVERY SINGLE SIMMER has done this, but I made myself as a sim and am not allowed to play any other saves until I have 6 kids :)
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    I start with a single sim and I marry them and decided from there how many kids for this save. While playing the different children i usually Develop a Favorite and pick them as my next single sim and take them to uni and start over with living , finding love and continuing legacy I’m
    On gen 3 now but before I lost my precious sims save I got To gen 7
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Personally, I rarely play through generations. I craft a family and then a world around them by editing and adding neighbors, relatives, houses, etc. I like to connect them to the premade sims because it seems like a shame, and hassle, to wipe them out every game. I also have one favorite super sim I usually play with and various family set ups and ideas to use use with it. Honestly, I was just recently struck with an idea that would require a whole new family without my favorite sim for the first time in a long time.
  • WugriWugri Posts: 23 Member
    The furthest I have ever gotten with legacy-gameplay is the fourth-generation, I think. I just loose interest when 'the house is finished'. I don't know, I could just have them move and start a new build, but for some reason the game feels too much like an "I already reached the endpoint" when that happens.

I play the Sims mostly for the building aspect, so every time a new expansion comes out I'm drawn back into the game with all the new goodies. Of course, not every expansion is as good. Some are better than others. The upcomming Eco Livestyle is completely my vibe, so I have 8 speedbuilds planned. Keeping me building usually only requires me popping into homeplan-websites and suchlike :P.
  • daydreamer263daydreamer263 Posts: 24 Member
    I have been really keeping up with my game play (playing third generation now!) by challenging myself to do each aspiration per sim. Keeps things interesting and you get to experience so many things!
  • DonLandgraabDonLandgraab Posts: 23 Member
    I like playing with legacies, family trees are important to me (for some reason). I've been playing one save file for 4 years now, everyone who ever died is in the cemetery.

Lately I created a new save file with no mods or CC (other than MCCC to stop culling) to recreate all the family histories as detailed and accurate as possible for families like Goth, Landgraab, Caliente, Capp, Alto and others, as well as adding some pre-made families from other sims games such as the Hemlock vampires, and some historical figures like Lord and Lady Singuina.

I personally like the fact that sims like Nancy Landgraab now have multiple generations of ancestors dating back to Admiral Landgraab and also has distant cousins such as Malcolm Landgraab II and so on.

I'm considering releasing/sharing the save file as a sort of "historically accurate extended generations" thing... just not sure if that many people would be interested.
    #BringBackShangSimlaMartialArts
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    the sims 4 is literally my favorite game of all time, I've been playing since sims superstar! This game is such a must for introverts lol.
  • empkaileenaempkaileena Posts: 21 Member
    I had a family that started out with a small vet clinic. A few months after they owned a vet clinic in every city. Then both wen't famous and started to work up to the CEO of the business career. It was fun beside I earned around 15-20 k a day. I started to make a yacht in Sulani and put it as a closed shop so I could use it as a vacation retreat. It was the first family I was kinda proud of and found that my money flow was decent for the many businesses they had. Sadly I lost the save when I reinstalled windows and forgot to put the save files on another drive. Siiiiiiigh.

Since then I struggle with new families. Obviously I am trying out new things. And the most one thing I love is gardening and having a farm. Eco living is a good expansion for that and I always VERY much like all the green and grows. With the "nectar making" machine comming back and closest to what was my favorite in sims 3 ( making wine and store them), I knew this was the moment to start farming again. Sadly I am already losing interest. In a mere week of sim playing I am making 3 k a day on fruits.... and 6 freakin cheap strawberry juice sells for 400 dollars, 400!!!??? And that is with zero profit ( I sell everything on a stall outside to make it realistic, but these prices are far from realistic) I am super sad that gardening and juice making sells for soo much. More then a superstar with max fame and max job earns in a day. Its sooooo silly.

I don't know what to do at this point. I wish I could lower the prices of the gardening stuff, or make the harvests go at a super slow rate. Because nearly every day I can farm my plots. And I only have 15 plants so far. Which looks very small. I am already scared for when I have a nice huge field. The money income would be ridiculous. Yet I love the mechanic of planting and selling homemade stuff with it. Anything you guys can suggest?
  • Euphoria97Euphoria97 Posts: 33 Member
    > @drakharis said:
    > I am running an experiment with bloodlines with the spellcasters. In my present game, L and Simeon got married and had twins. Their son Solomon is kind of dating my sim Athena and Solomon's twin sis Pandora married Athena's twin brother Samedi. Athena is a bit of a player sim. I am wondering what to do next with her. Since I really want her to have kids with Solomon. I want to see what strength the bloodline will at in at least 10 generations. I really can't leave Simeon and Athena alone for too long. Their romance meter is half at pink because of random flirting and Simeon being a bit pervy towards his son's love interest when L isn't watching. I create homewrecker sims intentionally with the purpose of breaking up couples really like that the game through random events married 2 of the 3 Sages off and gave them not just one child which I have been always curious about with the 3 of them. This will an interesting thing for me to see.

oh wow I'm not the only one using mythological name
    https://dragcave.net/user/Add723
    CLICK THE LINKS! HELP ME RAISE MY DRAGONS!! o:)
  • LadyByngLadyByng Posts: 2 New Member
    Started the 100 baby challenge... Now we just moved into a tiny home to spice things up a bit.
    oh oh me too I'm doing the 100 baby challenge after watching Kelsey do it. Didn't realize it's so time consuming and hard. Thorne Bailey is my second donor after I use the fame trait for easier to communicate with celebrities (PS I made the Bailey Moon cheat on each other by hitting in him both. I feel so bad, but it's a game, so why not)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I had a family that started out with a small vet clinic. A few months after they owned a vet clinic in every city. Then both wen't famous and started to work up to the CEO of the business career. It was fun beside I earned around 15-20 k a day. I started to make a yacht in Sulani and put it as a closed shop so I could use it as a vacation retreat. It was the first family I was kinda proud of and found that my money flow was decent for the many businesses they had. Sadly I lost the save when I reinstalled windows and forgot to put the save files on another drive. Siiiiiiigh.

Since then I struggle with new families. Obviously I am trying out new things. And the most one thing I love is gardening and having a farm. Eco living is a good expansion for that and I always VERY much like all the green and grows. With the "nectar making" machine comming back and closest to what was my favorite in sims 3 ( making wine and store them), I knew this was the moment to start farming again. Sadly I am already losing interest. In a mere week of sim playing I am making 3 k a day on fruits.... and 6 freakin cheap strawberry juice sells for 400 dollars, 400!!!??? And that is with zero profit ( I sell everything on a stall outside to make it realistic, but these prices are far from realistic) I am super sad that gardening and juice making sells for soo much. More then a superstar with max fame and max job earns in a day. Its sooooo silly.

I don't know what to do at this point. I wish I could lower the prices of the gardening stuff, or make the harvests go at a super slow rate. Because nearly every day I can farm my plots. And I only have 15 plants so far. Which looks very small. I am already scared for when I have a nice huge field. The money income would be ridiculous. Yet I love the mechanic of planting and selling homemade stuff with it. Anything you guys can suggest?

You could always use the money cheat to lower the amount of money your Sims have.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    I have also started the 100 baby challenge... not too recently though. I just took a loooooong break. And I only have seven children, with another on the way, only one child outta the house. Goodbye, Allie! I actually only have one boy. XD
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
  • EmpressEllieEmpressEllie Posts: 38 Member
    I always go through bouts of different types of playing, mainly building and then taking pictures of the build. I used to really enjoy proper gameplay but I really haven't been feeling it lately and been just building.
  • AwestasticAwestastic Posts: 1 New Member
    I get into this cycle of wanting to perfect each lot to match the personality of the world as well as the Sims around them. I search and search on The Gallery until I find the most detailed lot that I can find. I tweet it slightly, and I edit it more and more until I'm happy. This process takes forever! Ha. I create as many diverse sims for my town so I don't keep creating the same personalities. I want it to be as realistic as it can be. I let my imagination entertain me for hours until I am fatigued, (just like my lazy sims) and I take a break... until I'm daydreaming about the game again!
    @SimmerOfAges how long did it take you to do that? 1 Day? 2 Day?
    edited June 2020
    @Euphoria97 To get a child out of the house or get seven children? To get Allie out, it took me... over a week. She NEVER got A's. to get seven children with eight on the way same time as Allie. I've got a teen about to get an A. His name is Ben. Right now the heir is Gracie. I give birth and get pregnant the same night. I'm hardcore. :D
    @SimmerOfAges *sigh* this is gonna be a rough ride...
    Oh yeah.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I finally learned how to make a decent curved roof, lol.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SupeRutabega31SupeRutabega31 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've started the 100 Baby Challenge and am on baby #21. But recently I got City Living and have spent a lot of time building apartments.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I like to make builds and households and share them with the gallery and read the feedback. Also I like to download things from the gallery it is like a real house search and I feel like a realtor.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I believe I use all assets of the game to their full potential. CAS, BuiId/Buy and Gameplay are equally important to me. They’re all needed to form a coherent platform for the Story I might need to play out. I can put all my focus on creating a Sim or multiple sims for hours. I do the same with builds, which sometimes take days. It’s incredibly time consuming, (making the time is another challenge).

Game Play wise, the story can get very complex. I usually start off playing with a single, ordinary guy who gets himself into a strange situation and may need to solve some kind of problem or mystery. In search of the answer he will always find a handful of odd and interesting characters along the way. The moment the guy gets romantically involved with someone and decides to start a family, my involvement in the story often comes to an end and I’ll leave him be to care for his family. At a later stage I may return to him or one of his family members if another adventure presents itself...
    The ability in the S4 to travel across Different worlds is a game changer for me, although seeing the same NPCs in completely different worlds often breaks the immersion for me. World Creation would be a nice feature, something I used a lot in S3.

I doubt I will ever do something like the 100 baby challenge,I have 0 % interest in that kind of gameplay! Fair play to those who can pull it off... :D