Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

thank you for patch but just wanan report a bug

Thank you for this patch the repo person comes was excellent you can fight em and all which you know is always fun but the repo person came in my house to take my furniture and i keep stopping em to see the what interaction and to be mean to them and fight. But ya so they left and took my stuff and when i was in build/buy mode it keep registering that the bed and dresser was still there even tho the repo person took it. Then in a wierd way my sim is sleeping on air lol XD XD. But ya thank you again just wanted to report the bug

Comments

• Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited June 2020
    I think I have a bug too . . . I'm mid build on a community lot in britechester, and the chairs are not connecting with the tables, Ive tried various tables and chairs, and moved into live mode and back to build buy . . . just putting this here in case anyone else experiences the same.
    going to try and exit the build completely and re enter.

Whoops ! Not a bug, the Uni tables need stools not chairs . . .
    Post edited by Liziann1 on
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• GemsHill87GemsHill87 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi since the update yesterday my nano bin isn’t giving me money when my sims put trash in it
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yeah, I've had that problem with the repo man since University. He takes stuff, but the stuff's outline is still there. Guess they didn't bother fixing it...
  • fisky95fisky95 Posts: 1 New Member
    My pets keep disappearing. It looks like they are missing but they are not. When I travel to a new lot with them, they are there. I then go home and they are there. After a few minutes, they disappear. Can anybody help?
  • BansheesHeartBansheesHeart Posts: 26 Member
    I am also having a bug and figured this might be better than starting a new thread, My bug comes when my sim who has the Freegan trait buys something new, (or finds things on her home lot) she then swipes these things but the kind of just disappear from the game, I feel like she shouldn't be stealing from herself. Also, my cheats box won't open when I hit control shift C. Anybody else experiencing anything similar?
  • razmo99razmo99 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @fisky95 said:
    > My pets keep disappearing. It looks like they are missing but they are not. When I travel to a new lot with them, they are there. I then go home and they are there. After a few minutes, they disappear. Can anybody help?

I'm having the same issue. My puppy keeps disappearing. It's been stormy in my game, so the poor thing keeps coming back in the middle of a storm.
  • MaryAgnesMaryAgnes Posts: 8 New Member
    I have two adults and a dog on the shipping container lot, and my dog keeps disappearing when I go to other lots as well. Even the adults sometimes. Also, the repo woman just showed up, claiming that my dog had not paid its bills. Ive set the lot to be off the grid, as im doing rags to riches.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Yeah, I've had that problem with the repo man since University. He takes stuff, but the stuff's outline is still there. Guess they didn't bother fixing it...

Ah, I hate to point this out but we just got the Repoman with the current patch. Not before University. So, it's not a matter of EA not fixing the problem. It couldn't have existed then.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Ah, I hate to point this out but we just got the Repoman with the current patch. Not before University. So, it's not a matter of EA not fixing the problem. It couldn't have existed then.

Repoman was introduced in Discover University. He was for unpaid student loans only. This bug existed then and seems to be unfixed.
  • AIRMAGIKAIRMAGIK Posts: 4 New Member
    Del Sol valley is missing off my world list i have all the expansions including Get Famous and it shows I own it and its installed and it was working before. I have saved game with a Sim who lives there but since world isn't showing up i can't load their save. Tried other saves and the world is missing off list as well. I tried this with mods on and off and even tried a new game and still doesn't show on list of worlds
  • KrankyKellKrankyKell Posts: 15 Member
    OMG where to begin...
    Plant in vertical planter box keeps disappearing but can still be interacted with (spray for bugs, water plant, talk to plant - autonomous actions by sim). Another plant in the vertical planter has never matured, but reverts to a seed after planted. Used cheats to mature plant, leave lot and return to find the plant reverted back to a seed again.
    Almost all showers now have an uncomfortable rating... 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is that about?
    I got a penalty when the garden NAP came into effect, even though I had 11 planter boxes occupied... I can only assume this is because they were planted BEFORE the NAP.... am I supposed to remove a fully mature plant to make room for a new seedling cos that's what's trending for the NAP this week???
    The bill systems must be malfunctioning cos I tried to reduce my eco footprint as much as possible with appliances, plumbing and lighting, yet my bills have barely changed. Unless the fabricator, recycler and fizz juice maker are power hungry... If so, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense....
    Oh, and my sims are now peeing fire.
  • SupernovanSupernovan Posts: 7 New Member
    And the Mac makeup!? Why is it not showing up for hot and cold weather?! I'm very frustrated at this point.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2020
    Sorted. no worries :)
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • Slicksister68Slicksister68 Posts: 1 New Member
    Some of the same bugs here. Plants growing then returning to seedlings. Some plants despawning altogether if moved in build mode ( I lost a cowplant this way.) Neighbors and others entering home constantly and swiping things despite having all the no trespassing locks enabled. All bathroom plumbing have an "uncomfortable" numerical rating -not a "comfort" rating that generally increases as the price/quality of the item increases. So reading that as it is, they higher value the item the GREATER discomfort it causes. The career progression for the Civic Designer is painfully slow. It also feels like the tiny house buffs were nerfed for this xpac even though a tiny home should be a plus to progression particularly for an xpac based on an eco lifestyle
  • JNarz19JNarz19 Posts: 34 Member
    I also have a plant that returned to a seedling after the latest update.

Additionally I had a fire on my sims lot from a firework on BBQ day that they couldn't access from one angle but when I made her walk around she could access to extinguish. While this happened she couldn't call a Fire Dept though I thought this was included in this update?

Also, I know there have been other variations of this issue but this is the first instance of it happening for me. I've had Child of the Ocean sim for awhile now and eaten Kalua Pork before. Only after this update is she now getting "stomach squals" from Kalua pork but there is no fish in it.

The directions to delete cache that I found seem to only be for PC, otherwise I can't see where in "cache" my game is apparently creating new files for me to delete. It's just not appearing in Finder. Mac user here.
  • GemsHill87GemsHill87 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi my game has just started crashing repeatedly. It loads perfectly fine and I can then load a saved game and get to the world but when I click on the played house and try to enter the game it starts loading before closing down completely without any warning or notification about what’s wrong. It was working perfectly fine yesterday.
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    My bug is a lag when clicking objects, any laptop/pc is the worst . . . click and wait , wait, wait , wait ( dare not click anything else) wait - then the menu, phew

I am also miffed that so many items keep getting swiped! I want a security system to catch the beggers!
    my breakfast bar and stool, went, as did my date reward vip bucket . . Grrrr
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I also encountered a bug yesterday. I've had a number of my own creations in my gallery labelled as "item not found" for a long time now, and when I try to delete them, they throw me an error and kick me out. Ugly, but doesn't affect anything. However, yesterday I couldn't place lots from my online gallery that were already in my "not found" personal gallery. I'm guessing the lots conflicted within my two galleries, but there was no way for me to delete the error. If I had not had a separate save file containing that build which I could re-save, I would have lost that build, and it's one of my favourites. I hope this is fixed.
  • KristenC1024KristenC1024 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @fisky95 said:
    > My pets keep disappearing. It looks like they are missing but they are not. When I travel to a new lot with them, they are there. I then go home and they are there. After a few minutes, they disappear. Can anybody help?

My sims dog also seems to be taking off to lots on her own. Sometimes I can call her back, sometimes I cant. It's rather annoying because I want them to be able to interact.
  • KristenC1024KristenC1024 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @BansheesHeart said:
    > I am also having a bug and figured this might be better than starting a new thread, My bug comes when my sim who has the Freegan trait buys something new, (or finds things on her home lot) she then swipes these things but the kind of just disappear from the game, I feel like she shouldn't be stealing from herself. Also, my cheats box won't open when I hit control shift C. Anybody else experiencing anything similar?

I also have a problem with sims taking things randomly. I look into their traits and none of them have anything involving kleptomania or anything. I fixed up a community lot and almost everything was getting stolen immediately during gameplay. Things on walls, couches and other things. I'm getting a bit annoyed. Just had a sim visit, that I thought my girl knew and he stole her bird house!!
  • ericam2621ericam2621 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am experiencing a bug too. Mine is that no matter what clothes I put on my pet cat, no matter what color, they all show up as plain black in live mode. No patterns, no texture, just black like his fur. I even tested it out with the dinosaur costume in bright blue, but in live mode it's still black and now just looks like a weird extension of his body. Even his eyes, which are bright green, are now black. He had white fur detail on him too which is also gone. Basically, he just looks like a shadowy void in the shape of a cat lol. Anyone else experiencing this issue???
    I have no mods or CC currently installed since the new update either so I know that isn't causing the problem. I've tried debugging him and resetting him but nothing has worked so far. I really don't want to delete him out of my house since he's based on my real life cat :/
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    With the new Billing System my Sims are having their Bills sent to them again the next day even when they just paid them and i'm not sure if this is a bug but i WISH i could place all the single windows and doors close to each other while in between a Grid Square but if i try to put another next to it, it gets covered up by the wall, it defeats the purpose of being able to freely place them wherever i want to on the wall, it's great we can now adjust them up and down the wall but it doesn't allow me to use the to the fullest extent especially the glass windows that take up the whole wall i'd LOVE to be able to connect them together and same for all other windows and doors rather than being locked to a Grid Square.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2020
    GemsHill87 wrote: »
    Hi my game has just started crashing repeatedly. It loads perfectly fine and I can then load a saved game and get to the world but when I click on the played house and try to enter the game it starts loading before closing down completely without any warning or notification about what’s wrong. It was working perfectly fine yesterday.

Yeh there was just an update check when it will be it's highlighted in yellow above the top above this Discussion and in the same place in any page, lots of people said it messed up their game, the best idea is check on the Forums before you login to Origin so if you see there's going to be an update then you can backup your Sims 4 folder. Create a Games Backup folder in Documents under all your games then go into the Electronic Arts folder, copy and paste it into the Games Backup folder and rename it, so if you ever have to reinstall the game cos of an update or patch you can just copy and paste what's in there into the The Sims 4 folder tell it to replace it all and you'll have everything you had before. You may have to manually start the update though if you don't see it start on the day it's meant to.

It's also a good idea to backup all your Builds and you can do this after you've saved it then going into the Tray folder and copying and pasting the files that was JUST modified somewhere (That you only just saved i think you need to save to My Library for it to update the Modified files) then zip them up with Winrar so you'll never lose your builds, your sims should be with everything in your Sims 4 folder. Then you can try the update again, for me i'm not seeing any issues but i run a top of the line Gaming Laptop now but i think who it effects it's generally a fluke really. I would just wait now to see if they can fix it since you can't back anything up having already done the update, if nothing works though all you can do is reinstall but you know what to do in the future.
    Post edited by BohoFlower on
  • EtikkainenEtikkainen Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey,i notices when i put my sim to uneversety, that when u make them do homework, there is REALY high change she/he will leave the book to ground, and just walk awaye, i had to skip last homeworks, cous she left it shomwhere and i didint find it anywhere. its realy anoying to keep track of the book like that