Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    YEW12tS.png

Attention Advanced Entrants for #221 Nicholas' Tiny Problem

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @creativemetaphor - Really nice job! Love all the woods, the gables, the sectional seating, the way you did the bar counter seating (esp. near the kitchen), the landscaping, the layout, the angled fireplace, and all the little nooks!
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @ciane Thank you! I actually had a completely different build at first but just could not get it in under budget. I am really happy with how the final turned out - but even saying that as soon as I was done I started rebuilding it outside of the challenge constraints and ended up with a cabin I am really in love with - like I want this cabin for *me*! lol
    I generally use the guidelines for the challenge as just that. Build what you love, how you love. I'd love to see your cabin.
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #226 - Starstruck
    NAME: PINKUSFAMILY
    LINK TO LOT: Cozy, Comfortable, and a little Rustic
    LINK TO MEDIA: "StarStruck "
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:
    LEVEL: beginner
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40 x 40 , 17 Floss View Road in Aurora Skies $ 79,940
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Created in Aurora Skies . On a 40 x 40 lot. 17 Floss View Road is right on the shores of the Hot springs. Using $79,940 of the $80,000 budget . The home was made cozy, comfortable and with a touch of rustic. The last house on the block.. A 3 bed room , 2 and a half bath. With a Country kitchen. A pool. Space for entertaining , both inside and out..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

101294853_2722945537925520_2410247131534196736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=gZWQY3rsxmkAX8fFwxG&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=5afb81fa7afc70fa725baa7306e6366a&oe=5EF90A07

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2020
    Awesome job so far ladies!

I am still checking mine, then photos and media. If I don't get done by the deadline I will still post a link to the media. :D
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2020
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #226 - Starstruck
    NAME: iampes23
    LINK TO LOT: (CC used-I can make a mediafire file if anyone wants to download)
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/3HcfFsq
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: https://imgur.com/a/3HcfFsq
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Dragon Valley, 30x30 $1,800 56 Morrigan Mews, total $74,131
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: A rustic cabin feel makes this 3 bedroom/2 bath home unique! The interior is decorated in soft teals and wood. A deck out back holds a pool.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: CC from TSR, my own patterns
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 9AUyCUW.jpg
    uJIxsgc.jpg

Post edited by iampes23 on
    edited June 2020
    5nd1sli.png
    #BNS226 Starsstruck is closed!
    June's challenge will be posted in the morning.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @Pinkusfamily Wow! Love the pool table! And I like that the master bedroom is separate from the other two. Great job!

@iampes23 That is some amazing color you've got there! Love the kitchen, especially! Glad you made it in time! :mrgreen:
    8CBSvDO.png

“Your appointment with Mr. Pascua is here,” Rose says over the intercom.

“Thank you, Rose. Please send him in.”

You rise to greet the man as he enters, impressed with his build. You aren’t sure what you had in mind but he seems to be almost a bodybuilder!

“Thank you for agreeing to see me on such short notice,” he says as you motion towards the chair.

“Not at all, I’m happy to fit you in,” you reply with a smile. “Now, your assistant said something about a resort?”

“An ocean-side resort and hotel,” he confirms.

“That’s quite a project,” you say, but love the idea. This town could use something special to draw more tourists.

“Economy is up, people want to travel. But they need a place to stay when they do.”
    “Makes sense. What scale are you thinking?”

“Well, it depends. I’d like something with some flexibility, some standard rooms but also some nicer suites. A pool would be a nice touch, but maybe an ocean swim is good enough? Some outdoor activities, of course. Perhaps a lounge or restaurant for the local community to enjoy as well, especially in the off season to keep the place open.”

He speaks very rapidly but you scribble all that down.

“I also want it to really stand out! I want people to see it and think, ‘yeah, that’s where I want to go.’ So nothing too small or too blended in, but don’t let it clash, either. It should fit the town but still draw your attention.”

You nod. “I understand completely. How many guests will you want to accommodate?”
    “I’d like at least 8 rooms. Three with one double bed, three with two double beds, and two luxury suites. If you can fit more in for the budget, then please do, but I don’t want to feel that the resort suffered just for more people. There must be a reason for them to come, after all. “
    “Of course. Now, about the budget…”

BRIEF
    350k budget.
    Build a hotel and resort with at least 8 rooms. 3 furnished with one double bed, 3 furnished with 2 double beds, 2 luxury suites. All must have attached bathrooms.
    Provide a lobby, reception area and admin office.
    Provide landscaping.
    Style should reflect the town it is built in, but stand out.
    Provide at least one indoor and one outdoor activity or entertainment.
    Must be built near the ocean.

Sim Challenge:
    Show us the Sims who are visiting the resort, can be anyone, any traits, etc, just show them enjoying their vacation.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    “Economy is up, people want to travel. But they need a place to stay when they do."

Oh the irony. :lol:
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Great builds @creativemetaphor @Pinkusfamily @iampes23 I didn't have time for this months challenge but it was still nice getting to see everyones builds
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    Great builds @creativemetaphor @Pinkusfamily @iampes23 I didn't have time for this months challenge but it was still nice getting to see everyones builds
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    TsrEo1w.png

Attention Beginner Entrants for #226 - Star Struck

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited June 2020
    @BuildnShare I have to thank you for waking me up from my long nap and inspiring me to make something. :) I'm definitely in for the resort challenge, in fact, I intend get the first entry in. Almost finished now. Links (ok, I'm out of practice and put the pictures in by accident) to a couple sneaky-peek WIP pictures in the spoiler below (I'm trying to talk myself out of changing anything or starting over :D )
    JItX2bf.jpg

Fr7X170.jpg
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Very cool build @suzses and pretty colour scheme. Right away the thought 'Flamingo Resort" jumped out at me lol. If I didn't recently finish my large resort I would have been tempted to join in this challenge too. Looking forward to seeing more WIPs :smiley:
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Very cool build @suzses and pretty colour scheme. Right away the thought 'Flamingo Resort" jumped out at me lol. If I didn't recently finish my large resort I would have been tempted to join in this challenge too. Looking forward to seeing more WIPs :smiley:

Thanks @soocoolsim ! Right now it's Pink Flamingo Oceanside Resort actually :D Your recent resort is so fabulous and I'm sure was so much work (err, play?) that you're not ready to tackle another one right away.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @iampes23 - nicely shaped house. I like the use of those short, wide windows on the the top floor and the way they break up that tall roof line. I'm not big on cc, but I like those plant paintings a lot! I'm glad you included a dog house. It makes the home that much more inviting.

@suzses - Your WIPs look great. I love the center focus with the curved drive and the use of that tall roof piece.
    @BuildnShare , I would like to build my resort in Aurora skies. Could I build on the 64 x 64 lot off of the Hot Springs, insert the Hot springs instead of the beach ?

Thanks,
    Diane PInkus
    @BuildnShare , I would like to build my resort in Aurora skies. Could I build on the 64 x 64 lot off of the Hot Springs, insert the Hot springs instead of the beach ?

Thanks,
    Diane PInkus

Sure, as long as there's water in view.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare Yes, Thank you.

Have a Great weekend :)

Diane Pinkus
    Well, so much for my resort entry. :/ I just came over here to complete my entry form and happened to reread the requirements and saw I was having a reading comprehension problem before. I saw 2 each of the 3 room types, when it is actually 3 of the singles and doubles, so I am 2 guest rooms short. I built the resort for my own game on a 40x40, so I'll just be using it for me and not entering after all. I did upload it to my studio, and there is a picture album ( https://flic.kr/s/aHsmP14qh3 ) if anyone is interested.

Looking forward to seeing what you all do. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Aww things happen @suzses you resort is still stunning I'm looking forward to seeing what others do
    @seaben Thanks :) It was fun to build anyway. Since I used all but 1k of the budget, I suspect it would have been less fun if I had enough rooms :D
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top