Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grey skin tone

SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
So, I wanted to ask this because this started to happen quite recently while I never had this issue before. I initially thought it was them just having a cold because this generally start around winter but this keep happening in other seasons as well and I'm pretty sure they didn't become vampire while I was playing with my families. Some of them become normal again but others keep that grey skin. They also have that same grey-ish skin in their portraits. Is it a glitch?

9jOG3D3.jpg?1
m9XeAwV.jpg?1
Si1eGK1.jpg?2
(sorry for the blurry screenshot, I don't know why but the game thought it was a thumbnail but you can still see the landlady having a different skin from the other sims)

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    If it starts in Winter but you don't see them til, like, spring or summer, they wouldn't have had time to warm up. They'll have to spend enough time in the warmth to thaw out.

If it's because of Winter.
    I've seen it while playing an Apocalypse in Winter for a long time. When a Sim gets very cold and they might not come back on the lot for a few generations, they'll still be frozen. That's what the game has them stored as, very cold/blue. I'm thinking. :)
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for answering. I didn't know NPCs and townies could get a cold outside of the active household. I guess it's nothing to worry about then. For a moment, I thought it was a sign of corruption or something.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    It's not that they get cold outside the active house. They gradually build up their cold/hot meters by being on the active lots; such as walkbyes and on community lots.

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes, what @Rflong7 said. For example, if you have a sim come over and freeze them until their skin is pale and then have them come back in summer, their skin will still be pale. Have them stay for a while and it should be gone. Same thing with heat and sunburns.
    Vampires have more paler skin and red eyes.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sim got too cold on a community lot. You didn't visit that lot again long enough for them to thaw out. Just popping in once and awhile the game doesn't have time to see the season has changed (though it has) when you go back to a community lot so you have to hang there for awhile if you want the game to jar out of that winter mode.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    The opposite happened to me once. An NPC got a sunburn while visiting my sim in the summer. It’s winter now and he still has a sunburn in his portrait panel.