Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what do you think ea should do to get back simmers who will move to the paralive game?

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    go back to basic for the sims5 and make the sims5 a major wow
    Work on TS5. If there is competition then I see no problem with things being moved forwards which could result in a better Sims game :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    All answers feel free to post as well
    At this point I don’t think they have to worry about it. Nobody has seen even a whisper of game play. They have revealed some build features and one character and a lot of background art. The reveal of Maggie came off as a CGI cartoon to me. Where was the outfit catalog? I know they showed the color wheel for hair, but where was the catalog of styles? Same for the clothes no catalog, different editable categories potentially, yes but where were these outfits chosen from?
    The thing thad had me lose confidence in this project is that in his roadmap he put a checkmark next to the Paramaker (= the CAS of Paralives) but the Paramaker doesn‘t even look 5% finished to me. According to their roadmap they’re now working on basements and terrain tools. I mean, why not finish the Paramaker first before working on something new? There were accusations made that the founder and developer barely works on things outside from what is shown in the videos and I‘m starting to believe it. They just make enough content for a catchy one minute video, attract a lot of new patrons and then move on to the next subject. Everything is left 95% unfinished.
    ____
    There was no interaction between Maggie and her environment either.
    They’re only now hiring an animator and game programmer so it will take some time until we see the parafolks interact with the environment.

____
    They have made a lot of promises and I have yet to see anything that looks like actual delivery
    I agree. Sure, a height slider sounds great but do they have the resources to implement it correctly? How will a tall para use a normal sized bathtub, bed, bike? There is an easy, cheap and ugly way and an expensive, difficult and beautiful way. Which one are they going to pick? So far we‘ve only seen some pretty but also pretty easy to make things. I need to see more complex things before believing that they‘re able to destroy a 20 year old franchise.

___
    You obviously don't understand game development, but the current graphic style of Maggie is in pre-alpha and not the final look. They needed a quick prototype to work on as they develop the parafolk's animations and AI. The final art design will be much better.
    They said they purposely went for the 2D/drawing look so I wouldn‘t expect big art design changes. It doesn‘t have to be a bad thing though. The cartoony look of The Sims 4 was also hated on before release but now people seem to prefer it over TS3‘s semi-realistic look.

___
    cody6268 wrote: »
    If TS5 is a case of "too late, already baked" and is now in mature stages of development and is an online, microtransaction-laden mess--EA better invest in remastering the older games to run better on modern PCs and convert them to 64 bit. TS2's 800x600 resolution is hated by newer ultra HD monitors, but it runs OK. TS3 is very intensive on hardware, and today, even low-end computers have more than the 2GB of RAM it could utilize at most. Thus, it tends to run poorly.
    This is my biggest concern. They usually need 4 - 5 years to finish a base game so they‘ve probably started working on The Sims 5 already. This means they made game design choices without having competition in mind but only maximizing profits (microtransactions, always online, multiplayer, etc.)
    First of all, The Sims is not going anywhere. An indie game will not end a million-dollar franchise.

Cities: Skylines did. It blew away SimCites.

Neither Colossal Order nor Paradox Interactive were indie companies.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    My view - and it is very cynical, so apologies.....

EA will just ignore and check for plagiarism I suppose. They've probably got their ideas for a new Sims game in process already, and from before Paralives appeared.

EA or another large company will probably buy out Paralives in the end as that group seems to be having problems with getting staff and end with a torrent of abuse from fanatics accusing them of not doing what those fanatics want.

EA is quite used to this and can weather it. I doubt if a tiny company can if the funds stop.
    Simburian wrote: »
    My view - and it is very cynical, so apologies.....

EA will just ignore and check for plagiarism I suppose. They've probably got their ideas for a new Sims game in process already, and from before Paralives appeared.

EA or another large company will probably buy out Paralives in the end as that group seems to be having problems with getting staff and end with a torrent of abuse from fanatics accusing them of not doing what those fanatics want.

EA is quite used to this and can weather it. I doubt if a tiny company can if the funds stop.
    I wouldn‘t be surprised if this is their end goal tbh. There are many people that start business with the intention for it to be acquired.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

The team still gets a lot of funding.Its not going to take take them years.My estimate is they are probably going to finish that game.Around Sims 5 be launch.They are expanding the team.

It‘s going to take them years. Just take a piece of paper and write down on the left side what they have so far and on the right side what they still have to do (they made a lot of promises!). Next do some easy mathematics. If the left side took 1-3 people almost a year to do then how long will it take for up to 10 people to do the right side.

I knew that as soon as Paralives becomes a real threat to The Sims that discouragement and mud slinging was going to start. This is how it is with TS3 being the superior game over TS4. People would constantly say bad things about TS3 but not mention that those things are fixable or customizable or not even true. Now it's happening with Paralives.

I think the best thing to do is go to the Paralives website and take a look at it for yourselves and not listen to anyone else. For example, the statement that a lot of people dropped their Patreon support for Paralives ISN'T true.

They lied about TS3 to discourage people from buying it instead of the inferior TS4, they will lie about Paralives too. And when Paradox Tectonic reveals their game, they are going to get attacked even more because they are the real threat against The Sims franchise.

I DON'T WANT The Sims franchise to be the only option we have because EAxis will just continue churning out poor quality work at exorbitant prices. So let's continue to support and encourage the competition to develop the best life simulation games they all (including EAxis) possibly can.

Well, I wasn't being negative.Im being realistic.The game is going to take a few years to finish.Maybe faster when they hired more people.But I know it's going to take a while.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    Expecting to see the entire workings of a ParaFolk cas type system is not something I would expect to see this early in development. But at least they showed something revolunary. No loading screen to change her hair, clothes, makeup etc. That's pretty intuitive in my opinion. Not a clunky loaded CAS. For those who like modern day looking FB or browser games, it would seem to me they would like the sleek way the screen just pops up while playing and you can change that character's hair color or whatever. No loading screen or waiting, just click something and viola there is the menu. Pretty impressive considering Maxis has always had to load a cumbersome CAS.

When TS4 was being 'teased' I remember everyone asking what those 'eyes' meant. lol But no one was seeing a CAS for months, so, giving Paraliaves a break is more in my mind than saying he doesn't work on things and then just move on to something else. Maybe these Parafolk don't need a big ol' clunky CAS. :D That's something I would also like to see in a TS5, the removal of a big ol clunky CAS. Seems the Parafolk maker is much more modern than TS4 or maybe even TS5 character creator.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    In my opinion the current way of the parameker is fine.I do have a bit lower standard is since it's their first game an all.You can make your own categories for clothes.Which is nice feature.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Have TS5 be to the prior versions what TS2 is to TS1, a quantum leap change made by dedicated devs that care about the game and are determined to do the best job possible, taking maximum advantage of the improvements in technology since release of the prior games.
    edited June 2020
    I was trying to think why the art style of Maggie looked like games I had played before. It finally dawned on me the art style they have chosen is more like Life Quest 1 and 2. I'm not sure I would want that for pc, but I sure hope TS5 also doesn't pick that nor pixar, or TS4 style or Life Quest art styles.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I think that EA knows that most gamers play more than one game across multiple genres and types of hardware. Not all of those games are single player either. It seems to me like a lot of people started playing games like Animal Crossing: New Horizons during the quarantine. It will be the same when ParaLives comes out. There will be gamers that are interested enough in it to buy it and there will be some that won't, which includes me. Different strokes, as the saying goes.

Is Sims 4 perfect? No. But we all want different things and they can't possibly cater to everything on all of our wish lists. For example, I have no interest in babies, toddlers, or cars. But I do wish that children and teens had more to do, that flawed base game lots would be fixed, and that the game would stop generating so many adult townies and unnecessary NPCs. My list is longer than that but that's all I can think of right now.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    That's just putting makeup on a pig.
    LOL, my opinion of TS3 sims in general. All mix of pudding and jello.

That's purely subjective. I personally don't have an issue with the way the sims look in TS3 because that's not the most important thing. What's more important is that its gameplay works for the most part and why people still play it or have come back to it after giving up on TS4. You can't say the same thing about TS4. The gameplay and sims in TS4 are extremely shallow and that's why people get bored of it so quickly. So yeah, adding stuff to TS4 without fixing the core gameplay is just like putting makeup on a pig - the added stuff won't make the game any better.

Also, if you looked at many of the TS3 players' avatars with TS3 sims on them and the screenshots in the TS3 section, they're actually very good looking so what your claim isn't even accurate.

Yes ,subjective, when I said otherwise? I only said about MY OPINION, I never said anything like "ours" or "everyones". Your statement . putting a makeup on a pig, still to me is about TS3 sims.

So, Do you play TS3 vanilla? I suppose you do, as all of you (general you, not personal) scream "game should not relay on mods to be playable!" , when you talk about TS4, what means you should be playing TS3 also without a mods, or is TS3 sort of superior and only one of the franchise what is totally fine to play with gigantic amount of mods. at the same time you (again general "you") are yelling, "Oh Paralives supports mods!!!".

So why Paralives would be the one and only game where it is totally okay to use mods to make it playable??? At the same time people say "We should not relay on mods when playing the game"

Oh and I have looked, so far found only ONE simmer who has pretty TS3 sims, someone called Coco. And my claim IS accurate, as I was talking about MY opinions, not yours.
    Once upon a time , there was very loved TS2 creator who made lost of stuff to Sims2, she was called.... (blah, blah, blah that has nothing to do with the topic at hand)....

Paralives with overly cartooned Maggie is a joke.

You obviously don't understand game development, but the current graphic style of Maggie is in pre-alpha and not the final look. They needed a quick prototype to work on as they develop the parafolk's animations and AI. The final art design will be much better.

Just look at the world and object designs when Paralives was just started - they were very basic, but the design of the environment now are amazing. Everything has dynamic movement and light - plants swaying in the wind and the glow from a TV dancing, for example.

Maybe I "obviously don't understand" something, but I do understand that you quoted me, and changed my text to something more your liking. I would never go that low.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Thank you to everyone posting in this thread and keeping it on subject my only request is please keep the thread on the subject of the poll and thread subject, and as a player i feel that paralive is worth exploring i am not closing the door on the sims franchise but i do feel that paralive is worth exploring and here is the ancestor of life simulation games before simcity and the sims francise that we know made by sierra games the title is jones in the fast lane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOyYlQTLqjY
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    add requested content to the sims4 by players
    They don’t care about what the community wants obviously, it’s about money. The moment they have competition that is giving the fan base what’s missing..then they will suddenly “get it”.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited June 2020
    If they really want to keep players who are jumping ship to Paralives instead of wanting anything to do with TS5, they'll have to do the following:

1. Stop Pandering to Non-Gamers/Small Children/The Weak-Hearted: Do not be afraid to make the game challenging just because you're afraid to scare off people who've never played anything more intense than Solitaire before or frustrate/traumatize little kids. The game's rate T in the states, 13 and up, if parents let their kid who is under 13 play a game for people 13+, it's on the parents if the kid gets a nightmare from a spoopy ghost or whatever. And, both non-gamers and little kids are smart enough to adapt to a challenging game. There's trial and error, there's save scumming, and when all else fails, there's Google.

Don't shy away from negative emotions, or bad things happening, or lasting consequences, or sims with personalities that actually affect gameplay just because there are a few wimps out there that can't stand for anything negative to happen in their game or for their sim to have some hard luck with love or lose a friend over being a terrible person. Let the wimps leave, or mod the life out of their sims, or pout in the corner because they forgot to save before doing something potentially dangerous. Just don't suck the life out of the game because some people just don't have the stomach for facing adversity in any form.

2. Stop Being So Scared of Parent Groups/Ratings Boards: If the game is T in North America, but gets a 16 in Europe because PEGI is a prude, don't worry about it! Focus on making good content, and let the chips fall where they may. Oh, Christian Moms For The Family or whatever bunch of stuck-up busybodies thinks a man in a speedo/woman in a bikini popping out of a cake is scandalous and indecent or slapping someone in an arguement is too violent? Let 'em whine. There's a ratings system for a reason, folks. If those pains in the butt had their way, every game character would look like Raggedy Ann and Andy, and all games would be edutainment titles made for toddlers. Don't suffer their nonsense. If they want a "cleaner," more "child safe" version of The Sims, they should take their butts to Kickstarter and finance it themselves.

3. Make Seasons, Pets, and University All Base Game Content: You know what the three main expansion themes people always wait around for are? Seasons, Pets, and University. People want the Pets theme because most people have or have had at least one pet in their lives, and it's such a normal part of how humans live that the game feels weird without them. People want the Seasons theme because mot only does the world feel off without any seasonal changes, but the distinct lack of weather just gets tiresome after a while. People want University because for most people in the developed world, going to college is a major milestone on the path to adulthood, especially in places where decently-paid jobs for people with no higher education or specialized training are drying up like a shallow puddle in the Sahara and most of the decently paid jobs available now require something past a high school education. Put those things in the base game and, guess what? You free up three Expansion Pack slots for new themes without having to drag the game out longer or suffer the slings and arrows of fans who don't want to wait through your new ideas to just get their old standbys back!

4. Make Aliens, Vampires, Plantsims, Werewolves, Ghosts, and Magic all Base Game Content...and All Fully Fleshed Out: These are the basic six occult elements people always want back when a new game comes around...so just bring them into the base game. Make magic a skill that can be learned with CAS traits that help or hinder a sim's ability to learn it instead of having to have a sim be a certain specific lifestate to use it, make the other five occults all create-able from CAS, put options in the game menu to keep the game from auto-activating whatever elements the player doesn't want, have specific things in-game that allow the player to unlock alien abductions or becoming one of the other occults, and there we go.

And don't forget to actually flesh things out with skill trees and strong customization options in CAS so we can make our occult sims look cool. In fact, have an option where the player can create a default template that the game draws on for certain occults when randomizing appearances/alternate forms. That way, we can be confident that whenever a normal sim becomes a vampire or a werewolf or a plantsim, or the game generates an NPC occult, our basic preferences will be automatically applied and we will only have to do some minor revising in CAS to make each sim perfect instead of having to go and do a full overhaul every time to keep up immersion.

Others can be added later, but just...just get these in in the base game so you don't have to hear our mouths about them for years on end until we get 'em all.

5. Include a Custom Content Editor or Sell One As a Bonus Feature If You're Cheap: Do you know what one of my favorite features of TS2 is, to this day? BodyShop. For the uninitiated, BodyShop was a utility add-on for TS2 that allowed you to recolor clothing, hair, skintones, and eye colors to create custom ones for your game and let you create sim archetypes to work from in-game. It allowed for a high level of personalization for players, with the only additional thing required being access to a program like GIMP or Photoshop to edit the textures. To do the same with TS4, you need the graphics software, then you need to go sign up at the Sims 4 Studio forums, then you have to download the latest version of the software and install it. Also, you have to manually update it to keep it compatible with TS4. It's a pain.

So, TS5 should have its own Custom Content Editor. Let us create new swatches for CAS and Built/Buy items, add our own custom artwork (or, pictures of our favorite characters from Google searches...), maybe even add an in-app mesh sculpting mode that lets us edit object meshes or create new ones as easily as sculpting clay (no understanding of Maya or Blender required) and/or put new meshes together from pre-made parts, then live-paint the textures on them right there so we can create our own custom furniture, clothes, and hair styles. Admit it, that would beat the color wheel out by a country mile.

Ideally, this should come free with the game. However, I'd also be cool with it being a $10-$20 bonus add-on if giving such a powerful tool away for free seems like money flying out of your hands. I mean, it would certainly cut down on having to figure out how to squeeze more niche clothing and hair styles into the content roll-out...

6. Create-A-World, Create-A-World, Create-A-World!: In TS2, I never, ever played the pre-made worlds. Shocker, I know. I always picked a blank template to work from and built it up bit by bit as needed as I played. It was like the world was unfolding before me as my story progresses...and I loved it. TS3 had CAW as an exterior utility, but because they decided to use grayscale texture maps for the template previews and failed to do anything in the editor to show the actual scale of the terrain, I found it clunky and difficult to use. Then, in TS4...no world customization. I'm stuck with pre-made stuff with no way to edit the world in any way besides building houses and community lots. I hate it, especially because the devs just love taking up all the nice, big lots in the worlds with their pre-made builds and pre-made households (Quit hogging all the prime realestate, devs!!!). TS5 cannot have this.

So, yeah, Create-A-World is a must. I say it should be a mix if TS2's and TS3's systems, where it's in-game with actual visual previews that show you what the terrain actually looks like, like TS2, but it has the more powerful terrain tools and road placement tools that TS3's version gave us. Also, let us customize the skybox too--daytime sky, sunset, sunrise, nighttime, moons and suns...let us make our skies look as normal or alien as we want. Now THAT would be awesome. (I can already hear the Dark Crystal references...)

7. Make Babies a Real Life Stage: Let us make Babies in CAS. Let us give them a base personality type. Let them learn to sit up and crawl and babble and all about object permanence. Let us play them and see anything outside of their sphere of vision as a black void if they don't have a grasp on object permanence yet. Give them baby toys and playmats and walkers and playpens. Make them feel less like objects that are just there for older sims to react to and interact with, and more like real sims in their own right. Some people say it's only TS1 Babies and TS4 Babies that are objects...but the horrifying truth is that they're object in every game they've been in. They're just more portable in some games than others.

8. Make Paintable Ceilings Base Game: Because we shouldn't have to wait for an EP to make the ceiling look like something other than a blank expanse of white nothingness.

9. Let us view the upper floors through holes in the ceiling of lower floors when we're down there: Because only being able to see sky through a space where you should be able to see the room above is just...no. We're not in the 32/64 bit days anymore, people.

10. More Mobile Default Camera: I love the mobility of the Tab camera, and I wish that we could get something that mobile in normal Live and Build/Buy mode. It would not only make placing stuff like toilet paper rolls less of a chore in smaller spaces, but it would also allow us to get a better view of our sims up-close when we're playing the game without having to sacrifice access to the control panel. The stiffer cameras can still be an option for those who prefer them, but TS5 will be coming out in the 2020's, the camera controls need to be modernized.

11. Round Walls: Paralives will have these. No more excuses. Round walls need to be a thing.

12. Spiral Staircases, Elevators, and Ladders Need To Be Base Game: No more excuses, just do it.

13. Stages/Platforms Need To Be Base Game: Again, Paralives is doing it. Let us make stages, platforms, sunken living rooms, and all that craziness with some simple building options. It'll really enhance the building experience.

14. Let us Place Floors Tile by Tile Again: You know what gets on my nerves in TS4? That floors in rooms are all-or-nothing. You can't have a room where there are holes in the floor, you can't expand the awkwardly-shaped stair holes to be something more aesthetically pleasing, every room has to be all floor or no floor. I miss the versatility of the previous games when it came to flooring. You could create lofts and those entry halls with the openings that show the upper floors without having to make rooms and bust out floors to do the effect. Bring that versatility back.

15. Max Above Ground Floors--7, Max Below Ground Floors--5: You know we want more floors. Give us more floors. We have too few floors.

16. Slanted Walls/ Slanted Windows/Slanted and Irregular Doors/Attic Tool: Our builds could be so much more realistic if we had access to those sorts of assets. Attics may have fallen out of fashion for newer houses in favor of crawl spaces, but attics are so cool! They make a great bedroom or studio space or haunted spot full of creepy old dolls and spooky mannequins!! Attics in TS5 will totally entice builders.

17. Very First Expansion--Buildable Apartments: You know we're not satisfied with this not being able to build our own apartment buildings mess. Get back in our good graces with buildable apartments in the very first EP.

18. No More Hyper-Specific Lot Types: I can't make a community lot without a stupid checklist of requirements that actually attracts NPC sims. I have to follow the checklist. If a checklist-necessary item is stolen from a venue and leaves it one item short of being "functional," the freaking lot breaks and causes problems with the game itself. Don't do that in TS5. No more hyper-specific lot types. Let us make our community lots our way, no checklists allowed unless they're in the form of a list of suggested items, not required ones.

19. Do Not Make It An Online Multiplayer Game: Just, no. Not every gaming experience needs to be heavily social. Some should just be solitary and peaceful.

20. Makeup That Actually Looks Good On Dark Skin: You know those new M.A.C. Blushes? They barely even show up on skintones darker than olive. We've been over and over this. Most of the makeup doesn't come in colors that compliment darker skintones. Some are too bright, some are too warm, some barely show up at all. Test your makeup on darker skintones and make swatches to work with them accordingly. Get some Black women on the line to do it if you don't know how. Just...TS5, don't keep underserving Black sims and black simmers with your makeup selection. You've gotten better with the hair, but the makeup is still a problem.

21. Make Story Progression Options Robust, Not Just On or Off: Some people want the game to full-on play their all of their inactive households, some people don't want the game to touch any of them. Some people don't mind if the game plays unplayed NPC households, but don't want their played households touched. Some people want NPC's getting hitched and having kids and changing jobs and moving away, some don't. Give players the power to decide how much or how little story progression is in their game, then everyone can be happy.

Those fixes would definitely help TS5 compete with Paralives. Not like they'll listen, but this is what they need to do...
    Post edited by SimsLovinLycan on
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    add requested content to the sims4 by players
    I put more Sims 4 content cuz I always love more... but not really related.

Honestly I think there's no need to do anything.

If people like Sims 4 and Paralives they will play both.

If the don't like Sims 4, they prob aren't playing much to begin with (if at all) so there's no getting them "back" because they didn't have them to start with....

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I would do all. Haven't looked into it, but even if I did, I would probably play all my favorite games and just add it to them. Dr. Mario, Wedding Dash 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4(it is growing on me as they add content).

1. add requested content to the sims4 by players- We need freed babies, cemeteries, GRim interactions, Goth stuff, underwater play, more jobs( interior design, housebuilder(from the survey), real babysitting, riders for toddlers/play ground equipment, more toys, new exercise equipment(not 10 copies of what we have already), other crafts, and a Farming EP that is actually about farming and not about polluting it with all kinds of clothes, hair, furniture, horses, and junk that has nothing to do with farming and will steal the one chance we have of actually getting some real farm play. Farming is about farm machines, farm producing animals(cows, pigs, chickens, goats, sheep), fences, crops, and the old plopsy- Co-op. Cars. Hotels & resorts, more wedding stuff, real crystal ball that should've been in ROM, magic mirror, more secret doors, more coffins, moving pictures, winter destination, cruise ship, woodland animal petting zoo(deers, bunnies, ect), real zoo, fair with rides, real collecting like in sims3-bugs, rocks, fish, ect., decent aquariums(xl one from Sims1 and other aquariums and upgrade in the fish and underwater stuff we can stock it with, and loads of other stuff.

Why can't we have another team? Sims3 made money hand over fist and having more than one team was part of that. We got all kinds of content and still wanted more and now we can't get enough at all.

2. launch a major survey poll to all players for the sims5 about what players would like and want in the sims5- I think they should really do this in a couple of years. They said that there is still many more years in the Sims4 and I hope it is true because Sims4 looks bald compared to the amount of content from games/store in the Sims3. The same people who want Sims5 are the ones that wanted Sims4 and now that we have it, it should be all the way fleshed out since this game is different from all the rest in that it is hooked online, which makes it's shelflife a little better than the ones in the past. There will be no wow for me without open world. I don't care what they add. Sims3 felt like the simmer was really in control. I had a good computer, no cc, no mods, and updated and had no issues once bad cc was out. I really love open world as it felt like the worlds were real. You can't even go next door in the Sims4; nothing real or in control about that. For me:

a. Open world
    b. All age groups present at the beginning
    c. Decent worlds and not just 5-8 places
    d. Bringing us real content instead of being the spokesman of partying and drinking. I like the Tiki bar, the water bar for the pool in the Sims3,
    but we don't need 15 bars, just a couple of distinct ones and less partying. Not everyone parties.

3. go back to basic for the sims5 and make the sims5 a major wow- not sure what you mean by basics, nor what the thing is with Sims2. Would
    love for someone to say with actual details what makes it so special. I bought Sims2 on Ebay, went downstairs and my baby was taken without warning and I hadn't been playing no time at all. I wasn't impressed, although I didn't play that long. Sims3 just offered to much to try Sims2 any longer and has way more content and things to do than Sims4. Many possibilities is what I miss from Sims3 when I play Sims4. I go to Sims3 and there is untold amount of things I can go do and ways to play. So many choices. In sims4, I can name them off on around 5-7 fingers. I will say I don't like leveling up all the time, every game, all the time. I wish there was less leveling up
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited June 2020

So, Do you play TS3 vanilla? I suppose you do, as all of you (general you, not personal) scream "game should not relay on mods to be playable!" , when you talk about TS4, what means you should be playing TS3 also without a mods, or is TS3 sort of superior and only one of the franchise what is totally fine to play with gigantic amount of mods. at the same time you (again general "you") are yelling, "Oh Paralives supports mods!!!".

So why Paralives would be the one and only game where it is totally okay to use mods to make it playable??? At the same time people say "We should not relay on mods when playing the game"

Yes, I actually do play TS3 vanilla with no mods on occasion because its gameplay generally works. Whereas TS4 needs a ton of mods just to fix the gameplay. Also, the only people who say "We should not rely on mods when playing the game" are TS4 players when it's mentioned that TS3 players use the Traveller mod. They just can't stand it that TS3 players can also travel between the hundreds of TS3 worlds which are much bigger and better than the limited number of tiny TS4 neighborhoods.

Maybe I "obviously don't understand" something...more blah, blah, blah that's unimportant....

I just so don't care. It's a petty non-issue. I can't be bothered.

Well, I wasn't being negative.Im being realistic.The game is going to take a few years to finish.Maybe faster when they hired more people.But I know it's going to take a while.

My post wasn't aimed at you, but to the other one. I know it that it will take a while too, but I don't think as long as some other people want it.
    Neither Colossal Order nor Paradox Interactive were indie companies.

Well let's take a look at how Colossal Order came to be:

History
    Colossal Order was founded in the summer of 2009 by a group of game developers of the mobile game company Universomo. Mariina Hallikainen was hired from outside of Universomo as the CEO of the new company.[7]

At first, Colossal Order had difficulties obtaining funding for its first game, the business simulation game Cities in Motion, that was already in development when the company was founded.[7] Investors thought that Cities in Motion would not attract a large enough clientele. Instead of big investors, the first steps of the company were funded by Finnish public instruments – Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment, Tekes, and DigiDemo finance of the Promotion Centre for Audiovisual Culture – as well as small private investors.[6]

In its early phase, the company was coached by the Yritystalli program of the Tampere University of Technology,[7] but advice was sought directly from experienced Finnish game development companies as well, specifically Remedy Entertainment and Frozenbyte.[6] Upon being founded, Colossal Order compared dozens of publishers and ended up signing a publishing agreement with Paradox Interactive after over a year's worth of negotiations.[7]

In October 2015, Colossal Order was awarded the Finnish Game Developer of the Year (Finnish: Vuoden suomalainen pelinkehittäjä) award at the DigiExpo [fi] convention. The judges thanked Colossal Order for focusing: "from its inception ... on – in addition to developing games – also developing its business model".[9]

Paralives is just beginning. I can understand why they have Patreon as a means to fund the development of their game at this point. I'm pretty sure when they've developed the game some more and able to make a strong presentation for it that they will look around for a publisher that will give them the funding they need to make it a great game.

They are in Montreal - so maybe they will contact Ubisoft. But there are other publishers they can go to - just NOT EA, lol!

The thing thad had me lose confidence in this project is that in his roadmap he put a checkmark next to the Paramaker (= the CAS of Paralives) but the Paramaker doesn‘t even look 5% finished to me. According to their roadmap they’re now working on basements and terrain tools. I mean, why not finish the Paramaker first before working on something new? There were accusations made that the founder and developer barely works on things outside from what is shown in the videos and I‘m starting to believe it. They just make enough content for a catchy one minute video, attract a lot of new patrons and then move on to the next subject. Everything is left 95% unfinished.

This is why most developers aren't so open about the development of their games, because most people don't understand how it's developed and people will nitpick every step and detail of the project. But I appreciate his openness to show what's being done. But from what I remember of writing code, you draw up the framework and work the sections of the project together. Because if you focus on just one part of the game 100% you might not be able to see if all the parts of the game will actually work together. So if he put a checkmark on the Paramaker, it only means he's done as much as he can at that time for that section and needs to move on to work on the next part.

It's like that with all projects, even fine art, paintings, sculptures, etc. You don't just work 100% to complete one part. You have to take a step back and see the whole picture and then work on to the other parts. That way you can build them up congruently, check for balance and ensure that they all work together.

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

The team still gets a lot of funding.Its not going to take take them years.My estimate is they are probably going to finish that game.Around Sims 5 be launch.They are expanding the team.

It‘s going to take them years. Just take a piece of paper and write down on the left side what they have so far and on the right side what they still have to do (they made a lot of promises!). Next do some easy mathematics. If the left side took 1-3 people almost a year to do then how long will it take for up to 10 people to do the right side.

I knew that as soon as Paralives becomes a real threat to The Sims that discouragement and mud slinging was going to start. This is how it is with TS3 being the superior game over TS4. People would constantly say bad things about TS3 but not mention that those things are fixable or customizable or not even true. Now it's happening with Paralives.

I think the best thing to do is go to the Paralives website and take a look at it for yourselves and not listen to anyone else. For example, the statement that a lot of people dropped their Patreon support for Paralives ISN'T true.

They lied about TS3 to discourage people from buying it instead of the inferior TS4, they will lie about Paralives too. And when Paradox Tectonic reveals their game, they are going to get attacked even more because they are the real threat against The Sims franchise.

I DON'T WANT The Sims franchise to be the only option we have because EAxis will just continue churning out poor quality work at exorbitant prices. So let's continue to support and encourage the competition to develop the best life simulation games they all (including EAxis) possibly can.

some people really do like sims 4 more then 3 some people don't 3 at all
    and I don't think Paralives will ever be finished if what that artist said was true
    know body cares that much about sims games to go around lieing about the older ones just so people wont play them
    that would be a wast of time
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    davina1221 wrote: »

Why can't we have another team? Sims3 made money hand over fist and having more than one team was part of that. We got all kinds of content and still wanted more and now we can't get enough at all.

I agree, I would very much want Sims 5 to have more funding and more teams working on it. That's the way it was with TS1, TS2 and TS3. This is why those older iterations had more meaningful and working content. I never got that impression with TS4.
    2. launch a major survey poll to all players for the sims5 about what players would like and want in the sims5- I think they should really do this in a couple of years.

I'm a little unenthusiastic about polls from EA. The end results are never quite what people want! I think EAxis just needs to hire new ideas people who are genuine sim players. Whoever has been coming up with the ideas for TS4 seem pretty off.
    They said that there is still many more years in the Sims4 and I hope it is true because Sims4 looks bald compared to the amount of content from games/store in the Sims3. The same people who want Sims5 are the ones that wanted Sims4 and now that we have it, it should be all the way fleshed out since this game is different from all the rest in that it is hooked online, which makes it's shelflife a little better than the ones in the past.

I think at this point it's beating a dead horse to keep TS4 going. I also don't understand when you say that TS4 will have a better shelf life than TS1, TS2 or TS3? Because there are quite a lot of people who still play those games 21, 16 and 11 years after. And we haven't gotten tired of them! I think what makes them such long-lasting, well-loved games is their gameplay and customization. TS2 and TS3 even moreso have that over TS4. You can only do so much to customize TS4, but it is practically endless with TS2 and TS3 even moreso (CAW, colorwheel, ability to change the patterns or make and add your own). And TS4's gameplay is often times broken. The most important aspects of it, the sims, still haven't been fixed in the six years it's been running.
    There will be no wow for me without open world. I don't care what they add. Sims3 felt like the simmer was really in control. I had a good computer, no cc, no mods, and updated and had no issues once bad cc was out. I really love open world as it felt like the worlds were real. You can't even go next door in the Sims4; nothing real or in control about that. For me:

a. Open world
    b. All age groups present at the beginning
    c. Decent worlds and not just 5-8 places
    d. Bringing us real content instead of being the spokesman of partying and drinking. I like the Tiki bar, the water bar for the pool in the Sims3,
    but we don't need 15 bars, just a couple of distinct ones and less partying. Not everyone parties.

I totally agree with you! I love open world so much! And I have an old computer from 2014, with 4gb RAM and an integrated Intel graphics card which runs it fine!

I would really love it if they make TS5 an open world system, and right at the very beginning, include Create-A-World and ability to travel between worlds without mods. That way, if some people just want small open neighborhoods for their potato computers, they can do that, but also give open world players what we want as well, and have much larger worlds with no loading screens.
    3. go back to basic for the sims5 and make the sims5 a major wow- not sure what you mean by basics, nor what the thing is with Sims2. Would
    love for someone to say with actual details what makes it so special. I bought Sims2 on Ebay, went downstairs and my baby was taken without warning and I hadn't been playing no time at all. I wasn't impressed, although I didn't play that long. Sims3 just offered to much to try Sims2 any longer and has way more content and things to do than Sims4. Many possibilities is what I miss from Sims3 when I play Sims4. I go to Sims3 and there is untold amount of things I can go do and ways to play. So many choices. In sims4, I can name them off on around 5-7 fingers. I will say I don't like leveling up all the time, every game, all the time. I wish there was less leveling up

I totally agree with you again! I loved TS2 during its run but when TS3 was released and I played its open world and how the gameplay flowed, it stole my heart! The only thing that I still like about TS2 is that it has detailed animations for lots of things. Everything else was bogged down in stats and meters and I found myself wishing while I was playing TS2 that I didn't have to keep those things up just so my sims don't fall apart.

So I hope EAxis takes to heart everyone's input for TS5. I really hope they will give more funding and hire people who actually love and play The Sims, who have great ideas and no tacky jokey ideas like angry poops and Plopsy (ugh, so DUMB!). Because as disappointed as I am with what is currently happening with The Sims franchise, I do want to see it return to the greatness it once was before TS4 came out.

edited June 2020

and I don't think Paralives will ever be finished if what that artist said was true
    know body cares that much about sims games to go around lieing about the older ones just so people wont play them

Roxane is mentally unstable and vindictive so I wouldn't go by what she said. There was a business meeting for example and she kept disrupting it talking to her birds. Talk about unprofessional. Smh....

About the lying about TS3 to make TS4 look better to try to get people to buy it over TS3, it still happens though - ALL the time here in the forums.

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2020

I too don't think that people deliberately go round about lying about Sims games. They are just admitting to a preference and why. There is an Ignore option on here so each side could ignore the other completely if they want with two separate conversations in the one thread! Their comments have no relevance really.

I wish Paralives well and if it gives EA a bit of a kick that will be good for EA. Paralives just had a bad experience with an employee seeming to try to take over and that will probably make them better employers in future. They just need a good team who get on well together. I would give Paralives a try if they manage to pull themselves together and bring the game out.

If Sims 5 tried to put everything in the base game it will be too expensive for most Simmers here to buy anyway and they might have to join Origin Access or a Steam equivalent to pay per month to play it. I would reckon on 60 to 100 dollars plus but as the game is being aimed at what they call the 'current generation' it will be definitely on the Cloud and online too, possibly with the option to play privately. It will be on the Cloud because that way all PCs, Macs and consoles can access the same game. The game won't be made for the Simmers of 2000 or 2010.

Just my opinion though. I've had to update my computers since 1993 to catch up with games and Sims 5 will be no exception. I think I have come to the end with Sims 4.

PS: EA Access subscription on Steam that will launch to players later this summer.
    https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Electronic-Arts-Launches-25-Games-on-Steam-Starting-Today/default.aspx
    edited June 2020
    If they really want to keep players who are jumping ship to Paralives instead of wanting anything to do with TS5, they'll have to do the following:

1. Stop Pandering to Non-Gamers/Small Children/The Weak-Hearted: Do not be afraid to make the game challenging just because you're afraid to scare off people who've never played anything more intense than Solitaire before or frustrate/traumatize little kids. The game's rate T in the states, 13 and up, if parents let their kid who is under 13 play a game for people 13+, it's on the parents if the kid gets a nightmare from a spoopy ghost or whatever. And, both non-gamers and little kids are smart enough to adapt to a challenging game. There's trial and error, there's save scumming, and when all else fails, there's Google.

Don't shy away from negative emotions, or bad things happening, or lasting consequences, or sims with personalities that actually affect gameplay just because there are a few wimps out there that can't stand for anything negative to happen in their game or for their sim to have some hard luck with love or lose a friend over being a terrible person. Let the wimps leave, or mod the life out of their sims, or pout in the corner because they forgot to save before doing something potentially dangerous. Just don't suck the life out of the game because some people just don't have the stomach for facing adversity in any form.

2. Stop Being So Scared of Parent Groups/Ratings Boards: If the game is T in North America, but gets a 16 in Europe because PEGI is a prude, don't worry about it! Focus on making good content, and let the chips fall where they may. Oh, Christian Moms For The Family or whatever bunch of stuck-up busybodies thinks a man in a speedo/woman in a bikini popping out of a cake is scandalous and indecent or slapping someone in an arguement is too violent? Let 'em whine. There's a ratings system for a reason, folks. If those pains in the butt had their way, every game character would look like Raggedy Ann and Andy, and all games would be edutainment titles made for toddlers. Don't suffer their nonsense. If they want a "cleaner," more "child safe" version of The Sims, they should take their butts to Kickstarter and finance it themselves.

3. Make Seasons, Pets, and University All Base Game Content: You know what the three main expansion themes people always wait around for are? Seasons, Pets, and University. People want the Pets theme because most people have or have had at least one pet in their lives, and it's such a normal part of how humans live that the game feels weird without them. People want the Seasons theme because mot only does the world feel off without any seasonal changes, but the distinct lack of weather just gets tiresome after a while. People want University because for most people in the developed world, going to college is a major milestone on the path to adulthood, especially in places where decently-paid jobs for people with no higher education or specialized training are drying up like a shallow puddle in the Sahara and most of the decently paid jobs available now require something past a high school education. Put those things in the base game and, guess what? You free up three Expansion Pack slots for new themes without having to drag the game out longer or suffer the slings and arrows of fans who don't want to wait through your new ideas to just get their old standbys back!

4. Make Aliens, Vampires, Plantsims, Werewolves, Ghosts, and Magic all Base Game Content...and All Fully Fleshed Out: These are the basic six occult elements people always want back when a new game comes around...so just bring them into the base game. Make magic a skill that can be learned with CAS traits that help or hinder a sim's ability to learn it instead of having to have a sim be a certain specific lifestate to use it, make the other five occults all create-able from CAS, put options in the game menu to keep the game from auto-activating whatever elements the player doesn't want, have specific things in-game that allow the player to unlock alien abductions or becoming one of the other occults, and there we go.

And don't forget to actually flesh things out with skill trees and strong customization options in CAS so we can make our occult sims look cool. In fact, have an option where the player can create a default template that the game draws on for certain occults when randomizing appearances/alternate forms. That way, we can be confident that whenever a normal sim becomes a vampire or a werewolf or a plantsim, or the game generates an NPC occult, our basic preferences will be automatically applied and we will only have to do some minor revising in CAS to make each sim perfect instead of having to go and do a full overhaul every time to keep up immersion.

Others can be added later, but just...just get these in in the base game so you don't have to hear our mouths about them for years on end until we get 'em all.

5. Include a Custom Content Editor or Sell One As a Bonus Feature If You're Cheap: Do you know what one of my favorite features of TS2 is, to this day? BodyShop. For the uninitiated, BodyShop was a utility add-on for TS2 that allowed you to recolor clothing, hair, skintones, and eye colors to create custom ones for your game and let you create sim archetypes to work from in-game. It allowed for a high level of personalization for players, with the only additional thing required being access to a program like GIMP or Photoshop to edit the textures. To do the same with TS4, you need the graphics software, then you need to go sign up at the Sims 4 Studio forums, then you have to download the latest version of the software and install it. Also, you have to manually update it to keep it compatible with TS4. It's a pain.

So, TS5 should have its own Custom Content Editor. Let us create new swatches for CAS and Built/Buy items, add our own custom artwork (or, pictures of our favorite characters from Google searches...), maybe even add an in-app mesh sculpting mode that lets us edit object meshes or create new ones as easily as sculpting clay (no understanding of Maya or Blender required) and/or put new meshes together from pre-made parts, then live-paint the textures on them right there so we can create our own custom furniture, clothes, and hair styles. Admit it, that would beat the color wheel out by a country mile.

Ideally, this should come free with the game. However, I'd also be cool with it being a $10-$20 bonus add-on if giving such a powerful tool away for free seems like money flying out of your hands. I mean, it would certainly cut down on having to figure out how to squeeze more niche clothing and hair styles into the content roll-out...

6. Create-A-World, Create-A-World, Create-A-World!: In TS2, I never, ever played the pre-made worlds. Shocker, I know. I always picked a blank template to work from and built it up bit by bit as needed as I played. It was like the world was unfolding before me as my story progresses...and I loved it. TS3 had CAW as an exterior utility, but because they decided to use grayscale texture maps for the template previews and failed to do anything in the editor to show the actual scale of the terrain, I found it clunky and difficult to use. Then, in TS4...no world customization. I'm stuck with pre-made stuff with no way to edit the world in any way besides building houses and community lots. I hate it, especially because the devs just love taking up all the nice, big lots in the worlds with their pre-made builds and pre-made households (Quit hogging all the prime realestate, devs!!!). TS5 cannot have this.

So, yeah, Create-A-World is a must. I say it should be a mix if TS2's and TS3's systems, where it's in-game with actual visual previews that show you what the terrain actually looks like, like TS2, but it has the more powerful terrain tools and road placement tools that TS3's version gave us. Also, let us customize the skybox too--daytime sky, sunset, sunrise, nighttime, moons and suns...let us make our skies look as normal or alien as we want. Now THAT would be awesome. (I can already hear the Dark Crystal references...)

7. Make Babies a Real Life Stage: Let us make Babies in CAS. Let us give them a base personality type. Let them learn to sit up and crawl and babble and all about object permanence. Let us play them and see anything outside of their sphere of vision as a black void if they don't have a grasp on object permanence yet. Give them baby toys and playmats and walkers and playpens. Make them feel less like objects that are just there for older sims to react to and interact with, and more like real sims in their own right. Some people say it's only TS1 Babies and TS4 Babies that are objects...but the horrifying truth is that they're object in every game they've been in. They're just more portable in some games than others.

8. Make Paintable Ceilings Base Game: Because we shouldn't have to wait for an EP to make the ceiling look like something other than a blank expanse of white nothingness.

9. Let us view the upper floors through holes in the ceiling of lower floors when we're down there: Because only being able to see sky through a space where you should be able to see the room above is just...no. We're not in the 32/64 bit days anymore, people.

10. More Mobile Default Camera: I love the mobility of the Tab camera, and I wish that we could get something that mobile in normal Live and Build/Buy mode. It would not only make placing stuff like toilet paper rolls less of a chore in smaller spaces, but it would also allow us to get a better view of our sims up-close when we're playing the game without having to sacrifice access to the control panel. The stiffer cameras can still be an option for those who prefer them, but TS5 will be coming out in the 2020's, the camera controls need to be modernized.

11. Round Walls: Paralives will have these. No more excuses. Round walls need to be a thing.

12. Spiral Staircases, Elevators, and Ladders Need To Be Base Game: No more excuses, just do it.

13. Stages/Platforms Need To Be Base Game: Again, Paralives is doing it. Let us make stages, platforms, sunken living rooms, and all that craziness with some simple building options. It'll really enhance the building experience.

14. Let us Place Floors Tile by Tile Again: You know what gets on my nerves in TS4? That floors in rooms are all-or-nothing. You can't have a room where there are holes in the floor, you can't expand the awkwardly-shaped stair holes to be something more aesthetically pleasing, every room has to be all floor or no floor. I miss the versatility of the previous games when it came to flooring. You could create lofts and those entry halls with the openings that show the upper floors without having to make rooms and bust out floors to do the effect. Bring that versatility back.

15. Max Above Ground Floors--7, Max Below Ground Floors--5: You know we want more floors. Give us more floors. We have too few floors.

16. Slanted Walls/ Slanted Windows/Slanted and Irregular Doors/Attic Tool: Our builds could be so much more realistic if we had access to those sorts of assets. Attics may have fallen out of fashion for newer houses in favor of crawl spaces, but attics are so cool! They make a great bedroom or studio space or haunted spot full of creepy old dolls and spooky mannequins!! Attics in TS5 will totally entice builders.

17. Very First Expansion--Buildable Apartments: You know we're not satisfied with this not being able to build our own apartment buildings mess. Get back in our good graces with buildable apartments in the very first EP.

18. No More Hyper-Specific Lot Types: I can't make a community lot without a stupid checklist of requirements that actually attracts NPC sims. I have to follow the checklist. If a checklist-necessary item is stolen from a venue and leaves it one item short of being "functional," the freaking lot breaks and causes problems with the game itself. Don't do that in TS5. No more hyper-specific lot types. Let us make our community lots our way, no checklists allowed unless they're in the form of a list of suggested items, not required ones.

19. Do Not Make It An Online Multiplayer Game: Just, no. Not every gaming experience needs to be heavily social. Some should just be solitary and peaceful.

20. Makeup That Actually Looks Good On Dark Skin: You know those new M.A.C. Blushes? They barely even show up on skintones darker than olive. We've been over and over this. Most of the makeup doesn't come in colors that compliment darker skintones. Some are too bright, some are too warm, some barely show up at all. Test your makeup on darker skintones and make swatches to work with them accordingly. Get some Black women on the line to do it if you don't know how. Just...TS5, don't keep underserving Black sims and black simmers with your makeup selection. You've gotten better with the hair, but the makeup is still a problem.

21. Make Story Progression Options Robust, Not Just On or Off: Some people want the game to full-on play their all of their inactive households, some people don't want the game to touch any of them. Some people don't mind if the game plays unplayed NPC households, but don't want their played households touched. Some people want NPC's getting hitched and having kids and changing jobs and moving away, some don't. Give players the power to decide how much or how little story progression is in their game, then everyone can be happy.

Those fixes would definitely help TS5 compete with Paralives. Not like they'll listen, but this is what they need to do...
    I agree with everything you said but I have to correct you on one thing. North America is way more prude than Europe. The Sims 4 is 13+ in the USA but 6+ in Germany.

81ZMnhbZTJL._SL1500_.jpg
    edited June 2020
    Just to add to my previous comment, about going back to roots...I can tell you guys this. I don't need pretty Sims. I see this so much about TS4, and complaints about TS2 and TS3 Sims. I don't need pretty Sims with no personality to be able to play. That is about half of the problem with TS4 in my opinion. So many squeal over pretty Sims without any personality at all. Any day of the week I will take the fat lipped, big nose, too tan Sim in TS2 or the pancake face of TS3 Sims over the pretty Sims of TS4. I don't play to play avatars but gameplay and personality and consequences. If I want a better looking Sim I know how to tweak them and or use cc for that, I don't need that to be the goal of a game to just build pretty Sims who wind up all looking alike (you know they do) without any personality who repeat the same stuff over and over again like in TS4.

ETA: For those who played TS2 you know what facial features Maxis used over and over on their townies. The default tanned skin, the bigger lips, the buggy eyes and the big hook noses. I would rather play a Sim like that than one without personality.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    People will realise that the game is just a cheap knockoff and come running back, the gameplay feels shallow in TS4 and that's from a mass development company so I really doubt a small indie game will feel alive and exciting to play. Maybe they'll prove me wrong and it'll have great gameplay and regular updates but I really doubt it.
    They're making so much from their patreon (nearly half a million every year) so I expect they'll just drag the development stage out for many more years, or maybe they'll just do a yandere simulator and just be an open project where people can donate to support it. I don't see this game coming out any time soon and "ending the sims"