Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: June ’20 Eco Lifestyle Patch

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2020
    I am sad to report that it appears that Bake Cupcake Machine Items In Oven by emilypl27 on Mod The Sims is broken incompatible. I had to remove it because it conflicts with off the grid, it will give you the option to bake cakes and cupcakes, but the sims never complete the recipe, they just add vanilla and stir, in a continuous loop. It may still work fine for any lot not using off the grid, I haven't tried it yet on an on the grid lot since the patch, but I just thought I'd give anyone who may have it in their game a heads up. The creator hasn't updated it in nearly a year so I don't have much hope of it being fixed either.
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I am sad to report that it appears that Bake Cupcake Machine Items In Oven by emilypl27 on Mod The Sims is broken. I had to remove it because it conflicts with off the grid, it will give you the option to bake cakes and cupcakes, but the sims never complete the recipe, they just add vanilla and stir, in a continuous loop. It may still work fine for any lot not using off the grid, I haven't tried it yet on an on the grid lot since the patch, but I just thought I'd give anyone who may have it in their game a heads up. The creator hasn't updated it in nearly a year so I don't have much hope of it being fixed either.

That's probably really easy to update but I think LMSSam has something similar and up to date. I have this mod, though... I'll probably update it in the comments on MTS

Sashasonic wrote: »
    Hi, @Pamtastic72 I use Emily's Bake Cupcakes in the Oven, (and just tested on an off-grid lot) and it's working for me. Perhaps check to make sure you have no incompatible mods, she mentions in her post? Or any broken recipes in general.

I removed all my mods and CC and deleted my localthumbcache.package file, and it still doesn't work on my off the grid lots. They abandon the recipe just at the point when it should go into the oven, if I click resume, they add more vanilla and stir and then it falls out of the queue again. I tried both sims in the household, I deleted my range and repurchased it and still the same result. When I remove the off the grid trait the mod works perfectly.

An MTS (Mod The Sims) user by the name of zero posted and update of the mod on pg. 5 of the comments section of this mod early this morning (my time). It also doesn't work off the grid in my now vanilla game. So I put the lot back on grid and tried it and it works flawlessly. Also, they went the extra step of updating it for this latest patch and added some recipes from Discover University to boot.

It would appear upon further investigation that ovens aren't meant to work off the grid at all, which I don't understand. None of the regular recipes do either, which I also don't understand even a little bit as you can cook anything you would with electricity when you're off the grid. But I digress. This is apparently a feature not a bug.

So this mod is in fact not broken it's just incompatible with the Off The Grid lot trait by design of the trait itself.

I am putting the mod back into my game, as other than the conflict above it works great and saves me having to make room for the giant cupcake machine.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • goliathonline070goliathonline070 Posts: 4 New Member
    Spellbook Injector seems to be completely broken.
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    have you posted this link? @luthienrising http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=604394&c=1&goto=newpost (her update is under reply #77)
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
    llamasflu wrote: »
    have you posted this link? @luthienrising http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=604394&c=1&goto=newpost (her update is under reply #77)

In reply 81 she says she has no intentions of updating that mod, and directs people to Little Ms. Sam's mod that does the same thing.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Thanks, @llamasflu !

Updated
    Gender Less (Fogity)
    Various Seating Fixes/Additions (camsin259/LittleMsSam)

Updated CC
    Soulmate Eyes (someoneelsa)
    Unlocked CAS Parts (Fogity)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Updated
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I am sad to report that it appears that Bake Cupcake Machine Items In Oven by emilypl27 on Mod The Sims is broken incompatible. I had to remove it because it conflicts with off the grid, it will give you the option to bake cakes and cupcakes, but the sims never complete the recipe, they just add vanilla and stir, in a continuous loop. It may still work fine for any lot not using off the grid, I haven't tried it yet on an on the grid lot since the patch, but I just thought I'd give anyone who may have it in their game a heads up. The creator hasn't updated it in nearly a year so I don't have much hope of it being fixed either.
    I am sad to report that it appears that Bake Cupcake Machine Items In Oven by emilypl27 on Mod The Sims is broken. I had to remove it because it conflicts with off the grid, it will give you the option to bake cakes and cupcakes, but the sims never complete the recipe, they just add vanilla and stir, in a continuous loop. It may still work fine for any lot not using off the grid, I haven't tried it yet on an on the grid lot since the patch, but I just thought I'd give anyone who may have it in their game a heads up. The creator hasn't updated it in nearly a year so I don't have much hope of it being fixed either.

That's probably really easy to update but I think LMSSam has something similar and up to date. I have this mod, though... I'll probably update it in the comments on MTS

Hi, @Pamtastic72 I use Emily's Bake Cupcakes in the Oven, (and just tested on an off-grid lot) and it's working for me. Perhaps check to make sure you have no incompatible mods, she mentions in her post? Or any broken recipes in general.

I removed all my mods and CC and deleted my localthumbcache.package file, and it still doesn't work on my off the grid lots. They abandon the recipe just at the point when it should go into the oven, if I click resume, they add more vanilla and stir and then it falls out of the queue again. I tried both sims in the household, I deleted my range and repurchased it and still the same result. When I remove the off the grid trait the mod works perfectly.

An MTS (Mod The Sims) user by the name of zero posted and update of the mod on pg. 5 of the comments section of this mod early this morning (my time). It also doesn't work off the grid in my now vanilla game. So I put the lot back on grid and tried it and it works flawlessly also, they went the extra step of updating it for this latest patch and added some recipes from Discover University to boot.

It would appear upon further investigation that ovens aren't meant to work off the grid at all, which I don't understand. None of the regular recipes do either, which I also don't understand even a little bit as you can cook anything you would with electricity when you're off the grid. But I digress. This is apparently a feature not a bug.

So this mod is in fact not broken it's just incompatible with the Off The Grid lot trait by design of the trait itself.

I am putting the mod back into my game, as other than the conflict above it works great and saves me having to make room for the giant cupcake machine.

Hey, I'm Zero (the one who updated the mod) the mod needed updating anyway for the new recipes. The stove has two separate interactions, one is for the off the grind with only few recipes available and one is for the regular lots. I'm not completely sure how it works or if the baking interaction is supposed to be there or not without the mod. I'd suggest you to test how things are supposed to work in vanilla game. I'm not sure why the interaction is showing in off grind lots or even if it's supposed to be there at all.
    Spellbook Injector seems to be completely broken.

Is it?! I haven't tested it... How is it broken?
    llamasflu wrote: »
    guedes wrote: »
    selectable pets are working in this patch, anyone know about?

i haven't tested the mod out w this update, but i'll give you an update when I do!!

this mod is broken if anyone is wondering
  • guedesguedes Posts: 22 New Member
    > @llamasflu said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > this mod is broken if anyone is wondering

So sad. I like to control my pets :neutral:
    edited June 2020

An MTS (Mod The Sims) user by the name of zero posted and update of the mod on pg. 5 of the comments section of this mod early this morning (my time). It also doesn't work off the grid in my now vanilla game. So I put the lot back on grid and tried it and it works flawlessly also, they went the extra step of updating it for this latest patch and added some recipes from Discover University to boot.

Hey, I'm Zero (the one who updated the mod) the mod needed updating anyway for the new recipes. The stove has two separate interactions, one is for the off the grind with only few recipes available and one is for the regular lots. I'm not completely sure how it works or if the baking interaction is supposed to be there or not without the mod. I'd suggest you to test how things are supposed to work in vanilla game. I'm not sure why the interaction is showing in off grind lots or even if it's supposed to be there at all.

Hey there @siliclone, on off the grid lots in a vanilla game, both your and emily’s version of the mod display the bake option as selectable. But as I said in my long winded explanation, they cannot complete it. Without the mod on an off the grid vanilla lot, the bake option is greyed out with the tool tip as you hover on it that this isn’t possible off the grid (which I think is dumb).

Apparently you’re only meant to have “cook off the grid” cooking option available along with its tiny handful of recipes.

Edited: spelling and grammar. 🙄
  • SashasonicSashasonic Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Pamtastic72

NB: the notes I mention from Emilys Mod, and included at the tracker are; May conflict with some food or oven mods (?) [Is compatible with Custom Food, various cc ovens & Scarlets No More Ingredients Needed] also: This mod will conflict with any other mod that changes the stove "start crafting" interactions for cooking, homestyle cooking, and baking, and any baking-type recipe files. Check spoilers for more information". eg: many use cooking overhauls, etc, such as srsly cooking overhaul, another incompatible mod.

That's true, and Emilys Cupcake Baking Mod does work for me as I said, both off the grid and not, note also, for more recipes, you do need the sims to be higher in skill as well, & some ovens are made for 'off the grid' in particular, (you just need to check that part) which is what I used in my test of it for you, as I rarely use an 'off-the-grid' lot. There's also other mods and cc for off-the-grid, and some good tutorials on how the lots work. Mainly: 'off-the-grid' is not for any electricity required objects

IBvSmMp.gif

Post edited by Sashasonic on
    Z7FwSmQ.gif

Hey there @siliclone, on off the grid lots in a vanilla game, both your and emily’s version of the mod display the bake option as selectable. But as I said in my long winded explanation, they cannot complete it. Without the mod on an off the grid vanilla lot, the bake option is greyed out with the tool tip as you hover on it that this isn’t possible off the grid (which I think is dumb).

Apparently you’re only meant to have “cook off the grid” cooking option available along with its tiny handful of recipes.

Mh.... I didn't notice changes in the global test of the baking interaction like this "greyed out" behavior makes me think... Also I actually reimported the interaction so if they changed it, my update would have included the changes... I wonder what's determining this behavior, I suspect it the recipes. I'll look into them. For now, just avoid baking off grind.

Mh.... I didn't notice changes in the global test of the baking interaction like this "greyed out" behavior makes me think... Also I actually reimported the interaction so if they changed it, my update would have included the changes... I wonder what's determining this behavior, I suspect it the recipes. I'll look into them. For now, just avoid baking off grind.

I am, in fact I took the trait off because making the same 4 or 5 recipes over and over again was getting annoying. I still have the living as if they were off the grid, using the woodstove and oil lamps and candles and the like, washtub and so on. But now I can bake bread and cakes to sell along with my gardening goods and other crafts. Thanks for taking a look at this. :)
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @Minai Did the height slider work? I was just wondering because a few people have reported on Luumia's website that it's working, but Simsonic's mod tracker says it's broken.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • SashasonicSashasonic Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi, also take note of the date (which I have none listed) either.. the original link has this info "1 year ago, 12,935 notes" and the last tumblr post is from 9 months ago.. I'd say it's safe to go with "broken"

edit"apparently working for some.." will leave the tracker as is for now though. Cheers

nb: I use Redheadsims, with no issues
    Post edited by Sashasonic on
    Z7FwSmQ.gif

I am, in fact I took the trait off because making the same 4 or 5 recipes over and over again was getting annoying. I still have the living as if they were off the grid, using the woodstove and oil lamps and candles and the like, washtub and so on. But now I can bake bread and cakes to sell along with my gardening goods and other crafts. Thanks for taking a look at this. :)

I think there is a specific stove (the one in the Goths household) that shouldn't have the off grinds effect by design since it's a wood stove... But I assume it does.
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @Minai Did the height slider work? I was just wondering because a few people have reported on Luumia's website that it's working, but Simsonic's mod tracker says it's broken.

They're working for me.
  • LadyEveLadyEve Posts: 38 Member
    Hello ;)

Just want to inform you that SRSLYSIMS " Cooking Overhaul Mod" is updated.

Best regards from Austria

Eve
    edited June 2020
    @goliathonline070 According to this comment it's probably particular spells that need updating.

@guedes Thanks for the report. I think I saw that one elsewhere as well. Thanks, @LadyEve !

Broken
    • Selectable Pets (AOM)
    • Slice of Life (KawaiiStacie)
      if you want to continue using SOL in your game in Evergreen Harbor or in other worlds with Eco Living installed, try your best to stay away from 'Off the Grid lots
    I'm removing the cupcake mod from the Broken list.

Updated
    Updated CC
    New and Relevant
  • DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    Simler90's Better Romance updated: http://modthesims.info/d/619542/update-16-better-romance.html

(YAY!!)
    edited June 2020
    Got it @DarkAudit :)

New and Relevant
    NOT Broken
    • Selectable Pets (AOM) is reported to me by another user as working fine. Taking it off the Broken list. If it's not working for you, there may be a mod conflict.

I think there is a specific stove (the one in the Goths household) that shouldn't have the off grinds effect by design since it's a wood stove... But I assume it does.

That’s the one I am using and was using for all of my tests.

That’s the one I am using and was using for all of my tests.

I wonder if I can modify it. I'll look into it.
    there will be an update to have some personality please by polarbearsims that should be out later this week :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top