Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Into the Future's Criminally Underrated (And Here's Why I Want It in Sims 4)

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
LASER RHYTHM-A-CON IS THE FUTURE OF MUSIC
ALL-IN-ONE BATHROOM:
latest?cb=20140614065848
"When space is at a premium, bathrooms seem to be the logical place to make cuts. This amazing all-in-one unit satisfies all your hygiene needs without sacrificing space or style!".

Although it wasn't introduced in Into the Future, during SIms 3, it could be introduced in a futuristic pack in SIms 4. It can ba a useful tool for Tiny Living lovers. (P.S.: That All-In-One Bathroom from the picture is from ITF).
ARCADES:
latest?cb=20140907055321
"Arcades are fun!".

Again, they weren't introduced in Into the Future, during SIms 3, but whats more futuristic than games? We could finally get individual arcades and other gaming devices. (P.S.: That Arcade from the picture is from ITF).
HOLO-CHESS TABLE
latest?cb=20140814103249
Don't let the extra side boards intimate you; they're just for show. Holo-chess offers all the fun of the normal game, but you'll never lose the pieces!

Isn't this so cool?! Imagine the possibilities... We could have any electronic games in this pack in SIms 4!
HOLO-COMPUTER
latest?cb=20131110064927
The Oculo represents a giant step forward in modern personal computing. Holographic emitters aboard this floating sphere project the planet's most hilarious cat pictures in three stunning dimensions.

Another holo-device. We could have lots of other holo-devices like that in this pack in SIms 4!
FUTURISTIC CRIB:
latest?cb=20140816102047
Downy soft paddling lulls your infants into restful sleep, winning parents precious moments of peace and quiet. Transparent walls keep children secure without the psychologically damaging structure of bars.

OK, I admit. This one is just a cool futuristic looking crib, BUT... I, myself, LOVE to play with the whole family from babies to elders to ghosts, but I know some hate playing with babies and find them annoying, but in Sims 4 we could have a futuristic crib that not only looks cool but also helps you with the baby. It could have a holo-screen with fun videos to raise the baby's fun, educative videos to teach skills, as well as a "release" system to let babies and toddlers out without your sim having to go to the room to let your baby out to play with toys. And so on and so forth.
DREAM POD:
latest?cb=20140602082310
"Modern technology allows Sims to script their dreams and feel the life enhancing effects the next morning! Be careful - Good dreams can be turn into nightmares with unpleasant side effects".

Unlike other beds, the Dream Pod can change a Sim's life by providing a unique dream, which grants the Sim special effects when they wake up. Sims can gain Advanced Technology skill while they are selecting a dream. Dreams can also be shared with other Sims.
ELEVATORS
latest?cb=20150206181119
"Elevators are terribly crude if you think about it. Moving a whole room from one floor to another? Barbaric! It's much more efficient to move single Sims with anti-gravity tech".

Again, elevators weren't introduced in SIMS 3 ITF, but the tube elevatores were. Anyway, in SIms 4 we could FINALLY have proper elevators with all the animations + the tube elevators too. How cool would be that?!
FOOD (OR DRINK) SYNTHETIZER:
104e2847059d885c6c93efde81bc429b.jpg
"We live in a busy world; there’s often no time to cook, and most snack food is unhealthy. Food synthesizers bridge this gap with full, delicious meals on instant offering!".

Want something for your sim not waste time cooking?! Here it is. Also, it's multi-purpose functions are tiny living friendly, it renders most of the kitchen appliance obsolete. Also, who'll need Babs L'Amour when you can synthetize any mixological drink in the SAM-7 Drink Synthesizer Unit?!
HOVERBOARD:
latest?cb=20140711141257
"You can't sully pristine walkways and groomed lawns with noisy, grindy wheels! Windcarvers are the vehicles of choice for thrill-seekers and pedestrians alike. Not intended for use over water".
JETPACKS:
latest?cb=20140728145412
"Launch yourself skyward for thrilling adventures with this personal jetpack! Patented gyroscopes ensure your basic safety, and it's got enough juice to take other Sims on tandem rides".

Its a cool transportation isn't it? And, its better than dissapearing at the edge of the lot.
POOL TABLE:
latest?cb=20140814104029
"A sensuously curved base supports this high-quality pool table, with glowing buffers to complete the visual spectacle. Features new Zero Drag Felt, turning every shot into a true physics puzzle!".

Not first introduced in ITF, but it could be first introduced in this pack in Sims 4. (P.S.: That Pool Table from the picture is from ITF).
REVENTLOV'S BOT WORKSHOP:
latest?cb=20131027053021
"Integrating every advance in robotic history, this workshop is a forge for Nanites and Trait Chips. New Plumbots can also be constructed or customized using its unique Voight-Krieg magnetic field".

Sorry Sims 4 team, but in a game that had the best vampires and spellcasters, you've let anyone who played SIms 3 ITF disappointed with Sims 4's bots. We had SO much customization in Sims 3, we could give unique personalities to each of our bots, we could choose a bunch of different body parts for them, paint them however we wanted, and each one of them would be unique. Sims 4 should've aimed at least to replicate that, or even better: adding that + androids, cyborgs, etc.
SONIC SHOWER:
latest?cb=20140614065801
"Sims used to waste great gouts of water just cleaning themselves, but no longer. Enter the Sonic Shower, employing sound waves to blast every particle of filth off your skin!".

Here's an eco-friendly object we could have in SIms 4. It could also add a negative buffer if we had eco-friendly traits, if your sim bathed in regular showers after knowing that there's a sonic shower that doesn't water.
TELESCOPE:
latest?cb=20140814104811
"A wide, sturdy base stabilizes the stars while you peer through this fine telescope. Equipped with a precision tuning handle, Perseus picks out the tiniest specks from the firmament".

Small/regular telescopes were introduced in Sims 3 base game (P.S.: That Telescope from the picture is from ITF), but we have been asking so long for them in Sims 4. This would be the perfect opportunity to add them. Why? Cuz in Sims 3 ITF the Astronomer career was introduced and we could have that in Sims 4 too. This is one of the only two career tracks that Sims can be employed in Oasis Landing, with the other being Bot Arena career. It has two branches, which are Astrophysicist and Space Explorer. Astrophysicist branch requires Logic skill to master, while Space Explorer branch requires Athletic skill to master. We could also have a side-skill with the telescope, and each level of the skill unlocked a new type of celestial body for your sim to discover like nebulas, stars, black holes, etc... And you could win money from finding them and naming them.
TIME PORTAL:
latest?cb=20140828090151

"Built in another dimension by the mysterious Time Traveler, this artifact allows transit between the Present and the Future. Events in the former may profoundly impact the latter".

And, finally, the time portal... But this could be one of a bunch. Sims 4 seems to still have a feel years of production, so why not a Into the Past pack too?! Cavemans, Castles, and Chtonic Gods from Classical Times...

Other objects from ITF: Futuristic-looking fire pit (we could've a fire proof fire pit/fireplace/stove/etc), cool technological cash register, Dishwasher (WE NEED MORE DISHWASHERS, SIMS 4, YOU PROMISED ME, high-tech easel, guitars, hot tubs, cars, futuristic stoves, swings, toy box, futuristic treadmill, high-tech Weight_machine, and so on and so forth...
PLUS: A LOT of ideas from the second community voted stuff pack that didn't win could be introduced in this pack. From Self-Care Routines passing through Fun-Tech to Science & Technology.

SELF-CARE ROUTINE: The "Fitness Watch" and the "Smoothie Blender" could be pleasing additions to this pack, helping your sim to monitor their health while working out and also helping them to be more productive while doing so, maybe even improving the athletic skill faster. Meanwhile, the Smoothie Blender could have a cool looking design and give some buffers to our sims. (The other ideas, like Custom Teas and Herbal Infusions, as well as the Vegan trait and Healthy Life Style aspiration could be added in the Farming EP).

FUN-TECH: Honestly, everything from this ideas could be in the SIMS 4 ITF EP. Simulated Sports Screen, Indoor Cycling Machine and Treadmill with screens, Virtual Puttin Green and Modular Mini-Golf, Void Critter Locator and we even had the "Portable Hologram Best Friend" pet in SIms 3 ITF.

SCIENCE & TECH: Desktop Microscope, STEM Kits, Building Blocks (Children learning futuristic skills by build LEGO robots), Food Science & Kitchen Appliances, Astronomy and Portable Telescope. All of that sound futuristic enoug to me, and we had astronome in Sims 3 ITF.

Sims 3 Into the Future's Criminally Underrated (And Here's Why I Want It in Sims 4) 72 votes

YES. I WANT ALL OF IT.
25%
CK213CharlieOllie1108AprilDawnCorkysPetalsZorgaMindofyTeeSeaGracieO312SailorCetiOnverserCellardwellerryttu3kcalipossBusufugoodFeel93Kellogg_J_KelloggmeljonesEvilinPink 18 votes
Yes, and I also want a separate Into The Past EP too.
29%
GoldmoldarStrangerthanfruitsbasket101loubylouloupythonpunkgirlspice3DragonAge_300905SajahiMariLxRedShoe7comicsforlifeddd994ClarionOfJoyNindigoAtreya33KoteykaKaronBrandontaylorSERVERFRAjjrice2233 21 votes
I wouldn't mind having those now or later.
8%
smurf45bluetaydevphantasmkissEnkiSchmidtLiELFRossum 6 votes
Maybe I could use some further convincing.
5%
alexspoom13bixtersSimmerGeorgeBrisa3467 4 votes
Maybe... later?!
6%
PlayerSinger2010PixyRememberJoyMaddieplaysgamesGoosey 5 votes
No, I'll never want ITF in Sims 4
16%
LustianiciaLaruhelltexxx78NeialunaodditymusteniNorthDakotaGamercheescaeksEvie0602Geralt_ofRiviaKimmerElDimentio 12 votes
I don't want ITF, not Into The Past.
8%
mock68empkaileenaSindocatOEII1001KruegerReaganbogan 6 votes

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    But i'm fine with it if it comes, i just think i won't buy it. It's just that the future theme is not for me...
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    A Futuristic pack is not really my thing. I think there is a lot of missing content I would rather have before a futuristic pack to be honest. I would still buy it, but maybe wait for a sale.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I already attempt to play eras past in-game. The game is futuristic enough already.
  • meljonesmeljones Posts: 45 Member
    YES. I WANT ALL OF IT.
    It is definitely one of my favorite xps for 3. I would love something similar. I'm not one to want an exact duplicate. I prefer a new take on things. sort of a fresh perspective.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    It was always one of my faves, if not THE fave :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I don't want ITF, not Into The Past.
    I thought that Into the Future was the weakest EP for The Sims 3, and it isn't something I would like to see replicated -- pun intended -- for The Sims 4.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    YES. I WANT ALL OF IT.
    I'd love that.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I want the into the past one more but I wouldn't mind another into the future for ts4.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i have it uninstalled in my sims 3 game, so take that as you will.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    This was my absolute least favorite expansion pack in The Sims 3... it's the only pack I literally use nothing from (no content, features, etc) whenever I play. I only purchased it for the sake of completing my Sims 3 collection.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Confused by poll, so going to say other. Sims 4 already feels heavily Into the Future inspired with everything being modern and tech centured. I wouldn't mind an Into the Past pack with times of Rome, Egypt, and Middle Eastern during the BCE era.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Scobre Sorry, I didn't want to add a poll only for Into The Past, cuz I didn't gave any ideas of what it could be... y'know?! But if you have ideas, feel free to make a poll for us to vote, cuz I would love either Into the Future or Into The Past or even both of them. haha
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @Scobre Sorry, I didn't want to add a poll only for Into The Past, cuz I didn't gave any ideas of what it could be... y'know?! But if you have ideas, feel free to make a poll for us to vote, cuz I would love either Into the Future or Into The Past or even both of them. haha
    Ah ok makes sense.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'd find use for most of the items you posted, but what intrigued me most about ITF was the ability to change the future world depending on our actions in the present. That feature was great in Strangerville, but underused in Island Living and I'd gladly pay for another pack that does it well.

As for the hoverboard and jet pack, I wouldn't get my hopes high. We'd probably get basic vampire bat/spellcaster broom teleportation instead of free-ranging. What is a shame, because those objects have great potential.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    This pack is the one reason why sims 3 is still installed on my hard drive. I would love to have time travel in the sims 4, both to the future as well as the past. (I still have sims medieval installed as well) I don't need the option to change the future into a utopia/dystopia like in sims 3, but the futuristic furniture and food synthesizers...
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I never played Into the Future, as I was too broke to buy expansions at that point, but the idea was fun. Change things, then go into the future and see how it affects things? Yes, please! End up with a utopia or a post-apocalyptic wasteland? Oh yes, please. Sounds like fun! I don't know about these specific objects, but I like the concept. I loved World Adventures and University because they were a chunk of the game that was like a different game. Worlds within the world.

Make sims personalities a little different first, though. I've got priorities.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • CelticlassCelticlass Posts: 38 Member
    I'm sure all of this was posted a long time ago, but I just started playing and wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

I have been playing the Sims since Sims 1 came out with pets. I have been part of a historical Sims 2 community (Plumbob Keep - aka Midevalsims) for many years and have been playing the middle ages exclusively for more than 10 years. I really didn't think I would like playing in the future. But I do! It's so much fun! A good place to escape when farm life or family lie gets too hectic. A fun place to create nanites and trait chips and plumbots. A great place to bring your children. And fun trying to change to either utopic or dystopic. Mixed with Lunar Lakes or Appaloosa Plains (forgive me if names are wrong - this is the neighborhood that is horse country) or especially the Island worlds. Love swimming with mermaids and learning how to scuba dive. I grew up in Southeast Florida, so Island living brings back a lot of good memories. I have a lot of Sims 4 packs (three bundles plus) but I want my horses and the future! I'm done buying packs and won't play until both show up in Sims 4! I'm thankful for the Island pack and would seriously love to check it out.

Enjoy Into the Future. It's a blast!
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    YES. I WANT ALL OF IT.
    Yes. I agree. I want my Plumbot family. I had a scientist sim with nothing but her robot family. Loved it.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I still really want a futuristic world, historic world & a time machine please!😍😍
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I hated ITF. It was my least favorite TS3 pack. I wouldn’t mind them adding some of these types of objects into TS4 though. But the going back and forth between present and future or future and past, whatever just does not appeal to me at all.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Maybe I could use some further convincing.
    Well I like ITF but not for the objects by no means. I play the game more than I build.

I would love to see it in a game pack for the Sims 4 though
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @SimmerGeorge I actually was trying to highlight what each object can do, otherwise I would've focused on flooring, wallpapers, etc
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    It was one of my favorite packs of all time along with Supernatural and Island Paradise.

I hope it comes back to some degree.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    YES. I WANT ALL OF IT.
    I probably should have voted for option 2 with the Into the Past part, but here goes:

I loved so much about Into the Future. The cool Jetsons city, traveling into the desert, all the gadgets, the servos, traveling into the future and finding your descendants. The devs clearly put so much effort into the game and it showed in all the details that were hiding, waiting to be discovered. I was too lazy to play the part of influencing the future. I regret never creating a dystopia and a utopia. Darn. I might have to install that thing all over again.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022
    Maybe... later?!

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!