Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• washernwashern Posts: 1 New Member
    A safari game expansion would be really cool! Sims can take a vacation to go on a safari. And maybe learning more about the culture could let you spot rarer animals. And then having African-inspired clothes like dashikis, kente and ankara cloth, etc. plus more Afro-textured hair styles. And you could get unique home decor from markets there, kind of like the flea markets in the City Living pack.
  • CrystalrayneCrystalrayne Posts: 2 New Member
    @TheSims maybe y'all can do a rockstar pack/expansion/add-on to get famous? Let us live in a tour bus and decorate it too. Let us have choice in genre of music and we could audition sims for a band or go solo. We could tour the sim worlds performing and stay in hotels or our bus.
  • clareybeareyclareybearey Posts: 2 New Member
    I love the game so far and I think the Sims Team have improved it drastically since the launch. I just wanted to suggest a game pack/ expansion pack.

A dance pack! Ballet, contemporary and all that stuff. There could be careers related to dance (ballerina, dance instructor etc.) I really love the idea of ballet being the main focus though. Thanks!
  • inesfilipainesfilipa Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it'd be neat to have the option to lock hairstyles while customizing our sims so that we don't have to change the hairstyle individually for each outfit. Thanks!
  • Goddess_TerraGoddess_Terra Posts: 1 New Member
    Would you be able to add things like wheel chairs and other items to represent people with disabilities? I've never seen any game really represent disabilities before, and I hope Sims does one day. You're really inclusive with other things like lgbtq, and it would make some people feel better seeing themselves in games so we don't feel as different from everyone else.
  • AryanaSkyAryanaSky Posts: 4 New Member
    Here's a suggestion. Create a way to copy/paste makeup/hair/outfits from one outfit category to another. If I want my Sim's hot weather makeup to be the same as her everyday makeup, I have to recreate the look in that outfit category. It is time-consuming, and a copy/paste type system would be really convenient.
  • musicbabe90musicbabe90 Posts: 1 New Member
    Long time sims player here!

I was super excited about toddlers having more interactions, but missing lots!
    Changing tables.
    Strollers

Where are vehicles to drive?
  • RBecklesDesignsRBecklesDesigns Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be cool if you guys revamped The Sims Castaway Stories for Sims 4. I loved that game!
  • Mar05Mar05 Posts: 1 New Member
    So I love the game, but one suggestion (Lilsimsie’s idea) is that you could be able to name cowplants. I think that that is a great idea, especially since some people kinda connection with their cowplants like with the sims. You can already name a lot of things, but not cowplants yet. They aren’t like any normal plant either, so maybe you could think about it?
  • ErrkiErrki Posts: 2 New Member
    I have some issues with the game that you should fix:
    • When the sim are about to eat they’re just standing there and eating! They should sit down and eat automatically.
    • When they are fishing they don’t talk to each other. Perfect opportunity to let them have fun and be social at the same time but now that doesn’t work.
    • Dine out is all over the place. The restaurant guest doesn’t sit down at all.
  • Leadonghi97Leadonghi97 Posts: 1 New Member
    Don’t if it’s really related to this but.... I was thinking it would be super cool to have a new game similar to The Sims Medieval, with quests and a story to follow and mysteries and stuff like that.. but based on the Harry Potter universe
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Chances are no one will pay any mind to this but I'd still like to put this out there.

The sims 4 needs a spin-off. We need something new. People have different playing styles, I myself love occult life states and the supernatural aspect but others prefer their games more realistic. The sims 4 has waaay less supernatural than ts3 and ts2 and lets face it the community will never be fully happy no matter what gets released.

I would love a spin-off. Like a Greek gods of Olympus sims 4 style. Or another medieval.

Truth is, I played ts3 during lockdown and I was awed by just how much content and gameplay was available and missing from ts4. They're like 2 unrelated games from the same genre. The difference is too much.

Why don't spouses cuddle in bed while they sleep? Why are babies just mere objects? Why are there so few options in build/buy mode? Why can't I send my child to boarding school? Why do kids who get taken away or whose parents die get erased from history and not be an option for re-adoption?? Why is no one stealing my stove?? Why do I even have to ask these questions?

I hope someone thinks of creating a super awesome spin-off just to shake things up a bit.
  • captquantumcaptquantum Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm just gonna toss this idea out there. But what about a Star Trek/Star Wars themed expansion pack. Maybe one where a new neighborhood is a space station in space and Sims can teleport between the station and other neighborhoods. Maybe even an active career like starship captain and other space related careers. It'd be cool to have a high tech/space themed Sims
  • Hope2121Hope2121 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd love to see an expansion pack for farm life. You could raise chickens, goats, cows, pigs and horses. You could train and ride the horses and there could be cool barns and chicken coops. You can breed your animals and create your animals like you already do for the pets expansion pack.
  • RenderRodriguezRenderRodriguez Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see roof crickets (or saddles). Basically triangular roofs that can shed water in deep roof valleys. I know this is nit picky, but I just think it would be awesome to add the exterior design of a house.

As well, it is really hard to get to the perfect place in the camera. When you move too close, the camera shoots up, and then when you step back, the camera pans way down. It would be awesome if you could hit the sweet spot and just be able to hover. I.E. no auto pan I guess is what I am saying!

Thanks!
  • patrickgrooms3patrickgrooms3 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey Sims team! I like many other simmers love to get sims off of the gallery. The gallery is probably the biggest improvement moving from the Sims 3 to the Sims 4. However given the sim limit in CAS, if you only want to get one sims out of a household of 8 and you've already started creating the household you have to do save gymnastics to get them all into one household. What would be amazing is if there was an option(kind of like move mode) to only move certain sims into a household from the gallery in CAS, since sometimes you don't want to bring a whole household into Manage Households when you are just going to delete all but one of the sims & combine it with a 7 person household.
    I am not sure how difficult this would be and I am not sure how active yall are on here, but hopefully this suggestion gets somewhere! Thank you so much for your time!
  • MissmermerMissmermer Posts: 3 New Member
    I wish there was a way, either in CAS or in the games settings, to have a newly created sim start off with nothing on...except underwater. No makeup, no accessories, no clothing....nothing. A lot of the random clothing options are so horrible together that it makes it very hard to just change each item as I go along. I end up taking way too much time trying to find a top for my sim because it clashes with the gaudy jewelry or the not so flattering bottoms that were randomly picked. It also seems like when I want to do a minimalist sim (no makeup, jewelry or accessories) that sim has rings on both hands, accessories on both wrists, earrings, glasses, hats and necklaces on for every possible category. I have had it happen before. There is no easy way to have a blank slate on a sim without doing it manually for every item.

If there is a mod out there that does this...great, I'm happy for all the pc players who also see this as an annoyance. But I play on consoles, so no mods for me. I've been playing since TS1 came out and it's something I've always wanted. Is it game breaking? No. Is it annoying? Sometimes yes. Would it be amazing to have this option? YES!
  • Elle_0Elle_0 Posts: 1 New Member
    Me and my friend were brainstorming some ideas after we heard the new “knitting” stuff pack was coming out. It almost seems like there’s a shortage of ideas. We would love to see a few packs come out:

•Music- where players can create bands, go to and play gigs, the ability for sims to play instruments together and more instruments e.g. drums, bass, sax added to the game through this pack (the style of CAS and Build objects would be quite punk and rock like, adding more long hair options for men possibly). Also, this would benefit hugely for the people with ‘Get Famous’ or even encourage people to buy both packs. Adding agents could be a great way to create a playable career and something to build up to, the more skilled the band or artists is, the more likely they will get an offer at a record label.

•Theme Park- sims would be able to take a day out at a small world (open world ideally) with rides and interactive games. The food stalls could be based off those in city living, except selling burgers, hot dogs and cotton candy (if the cotton candy is excellent quality it could come out llama shaped. This pack could possibly come with a new career as a clown or performer. The theme of CAS and build mode items could be bright yet vintage (inspired by theme parks like Luna Park in Sydney)

•Hotels- Players would be able to create and manage their own hotel. Much like the ‘Dine out’ pack they would be able to create and/or visit these hotels. Each hotel could be known for a different thing e.g. great food, kids activities, calming vibes and Sims would gain moodlets over their stay accordingly. A funny side to this is if you could click on another sim staying at the hotel and be able to have ‘quick woohoo in hotel room’ which wouldn’t require any romance level but could lead to noise complaints and getting kicked out of the hotel (again, an expansion on the idea from City living). The ownership side could be a case of only being able to access a few build mode objects at first, but then be able to access more as your reviews get better, going from cheap, run down, walls peeling hotel to 5 star luxury (prices of your stay would again go accordingly with the amount of stars). Couples anniversary’s and honeymoons could be added too, to gain them access to a honeymoon suit and make more of a deal of the marriage aspect of the game.

We would love to expand on these ideas and draw some things up if you are interested in hearing more. We’ve got plenty more ideas if you would be down for hearing them too.
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    Don’t if it’s really related to this but.... I was thinking it would be super cool to have a new game similar to The Sims Medieval, with quests and a story to follow and mysteries and stuff like that.. but based on the Harry Potter universe

I think Disney own the rights to that. Probably not going to happen...
    The sims lockdown edition... It'd just be a mask. x)
  • Libby9530Libby9530 Posts: 1 New Member
    So in CAS, theres the different types of clothes, like for shirts theres blouses, tshirts, etc. Can we get a section for cropped shirts please? I would also like just more toddler furniture in general. Another thing that would be nice is if we could fix the camera for build mode. Some people like to take pictures of their builds, and the way the camera works right now is so frustrating to work with. I don't know how easy it would be, but maybe instead of it auto-moving up/down when you use the WASD/arrow keys, maybe you could bind the move up and move down keys to the N and M keys since right now they have no key bindings in build mode? Also more baby features would be cool, like maybe if we talk to them a lot then when they age up to toddlers, their communication skill is at a higher level? If we could read to them, it could raise their thinking or imagination skill? I don't know how easy that would be to do, but these are just some of my suggestions
  • pineappleheadpineapplehead Posts: 1 New Member
    I NEED you guys to create a hotel-pack focusing on counters, beds and other hotel room-stuff, wallpaper, floors, pool items, administrative stuff like bells and whatever
    and the way the camera works right now is so frustrating to work with. I don't know how easy it would be, but maybe instead of it auto-moving up/down when you use the WASD/arrow keys, maybe you could bind the move up and move down keys to the N and M keys since right now they have no key bindings in build mode?

If you click top right on the camera icon you can switch back to the Sims 3 camera... it has a way to have control over the look up/down. It's no fix, but for pictures... it's better than the sims 4 camera.
  • rill15rill15 Posts: 1 New Member
    Please, give us a option to change name order for certain language. I know in Korea, the names come with last name - first name order, so I get that why you guys change the name order in Korean language settings, but since a lot of NPC sims plus user sims usually have Western name, I think if we can choose name order like Sims 3, it would be much better to recognize sims and don't bother us. PLEASE
  • ExtremelyUnsocialSimExtremelyUnsocialSim Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't typically post on forums, but lately there's been a question regarding The Sims 4 that's been bugging me; why can't our sims *really* dance? We have a basic dance, but nothing that makes it exciting. I think it would be awesome if our sims could do partner dances, and differing styles of dance. To add more content (*if* it were to be made as a pack) there could be dance contests where sims could actually compete and win awards similar to how sims get them for acting, but where the performances would be live and there could be judges. I see the option to "invite simname to dance" and click it, only to see the other sim dance *next* to my sim. Cool for sims that are just friends or family even, but kinda depressing when you want to dance with your spouse at your wedding for example. Hopefully in the future we can have this implemented and our sims can have some dance options (as they are dying to show off their moves).